Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

You're Sacked! The managerial UB40 thread.

Read 64290 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: You're Sacked! The managerial UB40 thread.
      Reply #207: Apr 15, 2022 01:14:02 pm
      Apparently the Americans who bought them out have languished more debt on them than they had before.

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1514909668597977091?t=U5NhhKI-yWygbkRBsOn4_w&s=19

Where have we heard that before.

The arl Hicks' Weetabix claim.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #208: Apr 15, 2022 01:33:38 pm
      Knee jerk reaction, Burnley sacking Dyc#e, Everton may well survive, at Burnley's expense, a real pity !
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #209: Aug 30, 2022 10:05:16 am
      Scott Parker sacked by Bournemouth. Harsh IMO.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #210: Aug 30, 2022 10:15:45 am
      Scott Parker sacked by Bournemouth. Harsh IMO.

Yep.  Beat Villa and then lost to 3 of the big guns . Spent 24m not sure what owners expectations where. Smells of they never trusted him but couldn't sack him after winning league and had this in mind all along
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #211: Aug 30, 2022 10:42:04 am
      Very harsh that.

Tough fixtures and they’ve barely strengthened since last season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #212: Aug 30, 2022 10:44:17 am
      SG could be next.  :f_whistle:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #213: Aug 30, 2022 11:21:19 am

I don't think he will be next but I don't think he finishes the season with Villa to be honest. Villa have done well at times since he took over but on the whole I think they've been very underwhelming, especially when you consider that he's been backed in the transfer market. Whoever sanctioned the deal for Digne needs sacking, he's been a disaster.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #214: Aug 30, 2022 11:47:48 am
      I don't think he will be next but I don't think he finishes the season with Villa to be honest. Villa have done well at times since he took over but on the whole I think they've been very underwhelming, especially when you consider that he's been backed in the transfer market. Whoever sanctioned the deal for Digne needs sacking, he's been a disaster.

I don't think Courtinho was a great addition to the squad, he's extremely lightweight these days in terms of contribution. They'll have to drop a few more points before thinking of dismissing SG...I suspect he's got a cast iron contract with plenty £
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #215: Aug 30, 2022 01:07:52 pm
      Parker should have been sacked for his fashion sense alone but he spoke out of turn and it back fired on him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #216: Aug 30, 2022 01:14:51 pm

I’m really surprised as well, all though I don’t rate Scottish football at a high standard he came across well at Rangers and didn’t do to bad there. Rangers would probably argue that still wasn’t enough for a big Scottish club.

Like you’ve said he’s been very well backed in transfer market and when you loot at the squad it’s actually not bad at all. Not saying for a second they could reach top 6 but on paper possibly mid table.

With Arsenal and City up next and looking doubtful to get anything from thiese two games I can see it happening. Once Villa fans turn the there’s really no turning back and it’s getting close.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #217: Aug 30, 2022 01:15:07 pm
      I don't think Courtinho was a great addition to the squad, he's extremely lightweight these days in terms of contribution. They'll have to drop a few more points before thinking of dismissing SG...I suspect he's got a cast iron contract with plenty £

Yeah a lot of people said early on Coutinho wasn't going to be any different to how he's been since he left us, he started well for the first few games there but other than that he's been average at best.

Parker should have been sacked for his fashion sense alone but he spoke out of turn and it back fired on him.

I've seen some of his interviews, his players must've been dead on morale because he was effectively saying on mulitple occassions that his team isn't good enough. For some reason he holds himself and his managerial ability in a much higher esteem than what is actually the reality.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #218: Aug 30, 2022 01:17:49 pm
      The shirt and tie/Cardie combo....Sartorial madness
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #219: Aug 30, 2022 01:21:53 pm
      Yeah a lot of people said early on Coutinho wasn't going to be any different to how he's been since he left us, he started well for the first few games there but other than that he's been average at best.

I've seen some of his interviews, his players must've been dead on morale because he was effectively saying on mulitple occassions that his team isn't good enough. For some reason he holds himself and his managerial ability in a much higher esteem than what is actually the reality.
      I don't think it's especially hubristic...just an honest assessment of the squad he had...It's a big step up to the Premier league, and as we witnessed first hand they are garbage.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #220: Aug 30, 2022 01:24:45 pm
      I don't think it's especially hubristic...just an honest assessment of the squad he had...It's a big step up to the Premier league, and as we witnessed first hand they are garbage.

Some things just don't need saying and to be repeating it everytime he does an interview is the wrong way to go about it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #221: Aug 30, 2022 01:26:14 pm
      Very harsh that.

Tough fixtures and they’ve barely strengthened since last season.

I don't think it is harsh. His comments were out of turn and disrespectful to the squad and he deserved to go on that basis.

You don't all of a sudden, even after losing heavily to three of the best teams in England, turn on your squad in that fashion, especially when that team got promoted last season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #222: Aug 30, 2022 02:39:19 pm
      I don't think it is harsh. His comments were out of turn and disrespectful to the squad and he deserved to go on that basis.

You don't all of a sudden, even after losing heavily to three of the best teams in England, turn on your squad in that fashion, especially when that team got promoted last season.

A better route for him would have been to say "We've played three of the best teams in the league and while Liverpool are clearly the cream of the crop and beat the living sh*t out of us, it will take us some time to find our feet and we'll do that against some of the weaker teams. And also, I'm going to stop wearing this sweater that looks like it's inside out, that should help as well".

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #223: Aug 30, 2022 04:36:11 pm
      Some things just don't need saying and to be repeating it everytime he does an interview is the wrong way to go about it.

He obviously felt quite different to you and decided to go public...I could't in all honesty give a flying F about him or the situation he finds himself in.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #224: Aug 30, 2022 04:59:03 pm
      Losing 9-0 would put a lot of managers under pressure but his comments after the game did him no favours. Basically accepting you're going to have a sh*t season. I remember when Leicester meted out the same punishment to Southampton. Hassenhutl took the heat, sucked it up and they went on a bit of a run.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #225: Aug 30, 2022 05:06:39 pm
      He obviously felt quite different to you and decided to go public...I could't in all honesty give a flying F about him or the situation he finds himself in.

It’s not how I feel, I couldn’t care less, he’s not our manager. All I’m saying is he probably took the wrong approach and the Bournemouth fans I know have all said the same.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #226: Sep 04, 2022 03:59:43 pm
      👀 Wouldn't be surprised if we have a new addition very soon.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #227: Sep 04, 2022 04:02:08 pm
      👀 Wouldn't be surprised if we have a new addition very soon.

Yup, it seems more and more likely it'll be the final season (games?) at Leicester for BR.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #228: Sep 04, 2022 04:39:51 pm
      Yup, it seems more and more likely it'll be the final season (games?) at Leicester for BR.

Dead man walking for me, other candidates for the trapdoor are, March @ Leeds, Cooper @ Forest, Fat Frank @ Blueshite 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, and Eric @ the Scummy Cnuts ??
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #229: Sep 05, 2022 03:15:43 pm

Dead man walking for me, other candidates for the trapdoor are, March @ Leeds, Cooper @ Forest, Fat Frank @ Blueshite 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, and Eric @ the Scummy Cnuts ??

Yeah Brodge is on his last few days I reckon.

Quick Reply