Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Emil Forsberg (RB Leipzig)

Read 5361 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Re: Emil Forsberg (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #23: Jan 05, 2017 07:14:52 pm
      It is a fairly obvious point to make that it is easier to sign a player from Ajax under those circumstances than from Dortmund.

Right now yes,  when Suarez was bought,  not necessarily.

Yes  things change, but AT THAT TIME, them selling Suarez in January was a coup for us and to Mouse's point...it DOES  happen.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Emil Forsberg (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #24: Jan 05, 2017 07:27:33 pm
      Right now yes,  when Suarez was bought,  not necessarily.

Yes  things change, but AT THAT TIME, them selling Suarez in January was a coup for us and to Mouse's point...it DOES  happen.

I'm not saying it can't happen (see my previous post), just that the whole club comparison, the "Ajax is bigger than Dortmund" argument is absolutely pointless (btw at the time we signed Suarez, Dortmund were on their way to win the Bundesliga, so I don't understand why it was "not necessarily" the case back then). And don't exaggerate. Suarez was an obviously good signing at the time, but no one was like "oh my god I can't believe we've signed a player from Ajax"... for the very simple reason that Ajax are, errr... a selling club (for the bigger leagues in Europe).

Quick Reply