Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 25th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W2 D1 L4

The Donald Trump year(s)*

Read 16756 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,692 posts | 4723 
      The Donald Trump year(s)*
      Jan 06, 2017 04:01:13 pm

* if he (or we) last that long

Not long to go till he gets sworn in as President  - he's very busy with preparing to lead the free world.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/817348644647108609

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/817350726800306177

God help them. And us.

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,166 posts | 415 
      Re: The Donald Trump year(s)*
      Reply #1: Jan 06, 2017 04:23:04 pm
      Anyone to which the phrase "some men just want to watch the world burn" applies is going to have an excellent year.

Pass the popcorn...  :couch:
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,557 posts | 393 
      Reply #2: Jan 06, 2017 04:29:53 pm
      Why is he being written off before he has started?

Is it because he speaks his mind, is considered a racist or derogatory to women?

I'm stoking the fire a bit here but am genuinely interested into why non US and I assume most of us are on here are non US citizens why you think he will be dreadful.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,473 posts | 2783 
      Reply #3: Jan 06, 2017 06:02:00 pm

Is it because he speaks his mind, is considered a racist or derogatory to women?

I'm stoking the fire a bit here but am genuinely interested into why non US and I assume most of us are on here are non US citizens why you think he will be dreadful.

Because he's an ego driven moron, who never stops to think, has no control over himself and is a serial bancrupt.

To understand just how big an idiot he is, he would have about twice the money he has now if he had just sat back and put his (huge) inheritance into government bonds, instead, he's lost billions in one failed venture after another.

People who thought dubya was an idiot haven't seen anything yet.
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,394 posts | 1242 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #4: Jan 06, 2017 06:44:41 pm
      Unless someone takes him out (distinct possibility) he's going to be the face of the USA.

No sense bitching, just wait and see.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #5: Jan 06, 2017 10:29:42 pm
      Thought this could aptly go in here as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/04/facebook-live-stream-video-man-attacked-chicago-trump

White autistic boy beaten and tortured because he was white and his torturer's were anti-trump.

Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,359 posts | 3268 
      Reply #6: Jan 06, 2017 10:46:31 pm
      Lol....

Running between threads ... ;D

Very apt...

Thought this could aptly go in here as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/04/facebook-live-stream-video-man-attacked-chicago-trump

White autistic boy beaten and tortured because he was white and his torturer's were anti-trump.

White high school football players 'raped disabled, black teammate with a coat hanger, stripped him naked on a bus and forced him to sing a Ku Klux Klan song'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3608814/White-high-school-football-players-raped-disabled-black-teammate-coat-hanger-stripped-naked-bus-forced-sing-Ku-Klux-Klan-song.html

Got him singing the KKK tune too..

Trump... Can't wait for him to start ...
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7: Jan 06, 2017 11:20:50 pm
      Lol....

Running between threads ... ;D

Very apt...

White high school football players 'raped disabled, black teammate with a coat hanger, stripped him naked on a bus and forced him to sing a Ku Klux Klan song'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3608814/White-high-school-football-players-raped-disabled-black-teammate-coat-hanger-stripped-naked-bus-forced-sing-Ku-Klux-Klan-song.html

Got him singing the KKK tune too..

Trump... Can't wait for him to start ...

Stalker alert!

Reading the Fail hey.

Mehdi will be pleased.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2017 07:04:09 am by Beerbelly »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,801 posts | 571 
      Reply #8: Jan 07, 2017 12:31:03 am
      Quote from Swab
      he's an ego driven moron, who never stops to think, has no control over himself and is a serial bancrupt.

Right profession for him now then.

He represents radical change from the cosy consensus of the establishment, and the liberals who spent months telling us he couldn't win the election, can't accept that he stormed to a comprehensive win.

With American relations with Russia and Israel at a new low, Syria a no go zone, Libya in chaos, Turkey a terrorist hotspot, and Islamic militants wreaking havoc daily across the region and further afield, America badly needs change, at home and abroad.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #9: Jan 07, 2017 12:42:02 am

He represents radical change from the cosy consensus of the establishment, and the liberals who spent months telling us he couldn't win the election, can't accept that he stormed to a comprehensive win.

With American relations with Russia and Israel at a new low, Syria a no go zone, Libya in chaos, Turkey a terrorist hotspot, and Islamic militants wreaking havoc daily across the region and further afield, America badly needs change, at home and abroad.

Quite right.

In 2009, President Obama stood before an adoring crowd in the centre of Prague, in the heart of Europe. He pledged himself to make "the world free from nuclear weapons". People cheered and some cried. A torrent of platitudes flowed from the media. Obama was subsequently awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

It was all fake. He was lying.

The Obama administration has built more nuclear weapons, more nuclear warheads, more nuclear delivery systems, more nuclear factories.  Nuclear warhead spending alone rose higher under Obama than under any American president. The cost over thirty years is more than $1 trillion.

In the last eighteen months, the greatest build-up of military forces since World War Two -- led by the United States -- is taking place along Russia's western frontier.  Not since Hitler invaded the Soviet Union have foreign troops presented such a demonstrable threat to Russia.

Ukraine - once part of the Soviet Union -  has become a CIA theme park. Having orchestrated a coup in Kiev, Washington effectively controls a regime that is next door and hostile to Russia: a regime rotten with Nazis, literally. Prominent parliamentary figures in Ukraine are the political descendants of the notorious OUN and UPA fascists. They openly praise Hitler and call for the persecution and expulsion of the Russian speaking minority.

This is seldom news in the West, or it is inverted to suppress the truth.

In Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia -- next door to Russia - the US military is deploying combat troops, tanks, heavy weapons. This extreme provocation of the world's second nuclear power is met with silence in the West.

In the circus known as the American presidential campaign, Donald Trump is being presented as a lunatic, a fascist.  He is certainly odious; but he is also a media hate figure.  That alone should arouse our scepticism.

Trump's views on migration are grotesque, but no more grotesque than those of David Cameron. It is not Trump who is the Great Deporter from the United States, but the Nobel Peace Prize winner, Barack Obama.

According to one prodigious liberal commentator, Trump is "unleashing the dark forces of violence" in the United States. Unleashing them?   

This is the country where toddlers shoot their mothers and the police wage a murderous war against black Americans. This is the country that has attacked and sought to overthrow more than 50 governments, many of them democracies, and bombed from Asia to the Middle East, causing the deaths and dispossession of millions of people.

No country can equal this systemic record of violence. Most of America's wars (almost all of them against defenceless countries) have been launched not by Republican presidents but by liberal Democrats: Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Clinton, Obama

http://johnpilger.com/articles/a-world-war-has-begun-break-the-silence-

Julian Assange also inferred that Obama and his administration are manipulating mainstream media and it's peoples with re. to Russia's military, & Russia/Trump election.

Hopefully Trump will bring some stability to the world. Fingers crossed.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2017 01:03:56 am by Beerbelly »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,342 posts | 710 
      Reply #10: Jan 07, 2017 04:26:25 pm

um,no he's exactly the same as the sh*t he rails against,an old rich white dude,surrounded by old rich white dudes.voted in by the stupid,poor white folks that somehow think he is one of them,mental this country.Glad i live in Massachusetts.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,557 posts | 393 
      Reply #11: Jan 09, 2017 11:36:55 am

um,no he's exactly the same as the sh*t he rails against,an old rich white dude,surrounded by old rich white dudes.voted in by the stupid,poor white folks that somehow think he is one of them,mental this country.Glad i live in Massachusetts.

The stupid poor white folk?

Sure I read he won a large percentage of the vote from Hispanic and black voters as well.

Anyway so he's a failed businessman according to Swab hence his dislike but Im trying to understand other than Trumps views which not all agree with are there any policies or thoughts that may make a difference.

Surely he is better for relations with Russia and others?

Any others that are positive?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,473 posts | 2783 
      Reply #12: Jan 09, 2017 12:24:07 pm
      The stupid poor white folk?

Sure I read he won a large percentage of the vote from Hispanic and black voters as well.

Anyway so he's a failed businessman according to Swab hence his dislike but Im trying to understand other than Trumps views which not all agree with are there any policies or thoughts that may make a difference.

Surely he is better for relations with Russia and others?

Any others that are positive?

No, it's not because he's a "failed businessman" as well you know.
      The fact that he's managed to half his inheritance with his many failed ventures is just an indicator of not only his stupidity, but his ego.

Quite how anyone with half a brain can support this clown is beyond me.
      He doesn't read intelligence briefings because "I'm, y'know, a like really clever guy".

The mind f**king boggles.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,501 posts | 611 
      Reply #13: Jan 09, 2017 02:59:04 pm

He doesn't speak his mind, he just seems he is.

He is very inconsistent/contradictory with his statements and usually retracts or softens some of his comments.

To be honest his cabinet is filled with climate skeptics & ex CEO of oil companies, so I'm really not sure how people are buying into his ''anti establishment'' views.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,473 posts | 2783 
      Reply #14: Jan 09, 2017 06:01:12 pm
      He doesn't speak his mind, he just seems he is.

He is very inconsistent/contradictory with his statements and usually retracts or softens some of his comments.

To be honest his cabinet is filled with climate skeptics & ex CEO of oil companies, so I'm really not sure how people are buying into his ''anti establishment'' views.

Like Farage, Trump is the very essence of Establishment, and just because the media says he is "anti establishment" people lap it up.

I'm starting to think that critical thinking beyond the media bubble is becoming endangered.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,835 posts | 2278 
      Reply #15: Jan 09, 2017 06:24:39 pm
      Like Farage, Trump is the very essence of Establishment, and just because the media says he is "anti establishment" people lap it up.

I'm starting to think that critical thinking beyond the media bubble is becoming endangered.

Sorry but in what way is Farage part of the establishment, perhaps it would be best for you to define what you mean by establishment as I can only assuem you are getting a bit confused? From my POV as regards Farage the establishment is the EU and he is and was very very much not a part of that.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,801 posts | 571 
      Reply #16: Jan 10, 2017 11:38:12 am
      Quote from Swab
      No, it's not because he's a "failed businessman" as well you know.
      The fact that he's managed to half his inheritance with his many failed ventures is just an indicator of not only his stupidity, but his ego.

Quite how anyone with half a brain can support this clown is beyond me.
      He doesn't read intelligence briefings because "I'm, y'know, a like really clever guy".

I don't think anyone who voted for him cares about his failed business ventures, if he reads the same intelligence briefings today as he got the day before, or even if he cries about a random iceberg breaking off Antarctica or not. Wtf lives in Antarctica ffs?

Like all electorates, they care more about the dollar in their pocket tbh. It's the economy stupid. And a businessman of all people, would understand that. Most businessmen fail at some point, even Gordon Ramsay failed, and he's the best in his field. But they're not millionaires and billionaires for nothing.

Anyway, like it or not, the rebels have 4 years of Trump to put up with. They had their 8 years of tolerance and chaos, now they'll get law and order instead. No wonder Putin likes it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,473 posts | 2783 
      Reply #17: Jan 10, 2017 06:14:43 pm
      I don't think anyone who voted for him cares about his failed business ventures, if he reads the same intelligence briefings today as he got the day before, or even if he cries about a random iceberg breaking off Antarctica or not. Wtf lives in Antarctica ffs?

Like all electorates, they care more about the dollar in their pocket tbh. It's the economy stupid. And a businessman of all people, would understand that. Most businessmen fail at some point, even Gordon Ramsay failed, and he's the best in his field. But they're not millionaires and billionaires for nothing.

Anyway, like it or not, the rebels have 4 years of Trump to put up with. They had their 8 years of tolerance and chaos, now they'll get law and order instead. No wonder Putin likes it.

Any credibility this post might have had was lost with those few words.
      Ramsay is another serial bancrupt, is not in any way a business person, and has been bailed out more times than a leaky lifeboat.

Once again for the hard of understanding, all the things I mentioned are an indication of how stupid and ego driven he is, and that's not the kind of person anyone wants in control of the worlds largest military.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,359 posts | 3268 
      Reply #18: Jan 11, 2017 08:11:58 am
      Pissgate..

Water sports..

Golden Showers..

Clear glass coffee tables..

All being linked to Donnie T..

;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,598 posts | 3607 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #19: Jan 11, 2017 08:25:19 am
      Fancy seeing you guys in here....
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,359 posts | 3268 
      Reply #20: Jan 11, 2017 09:24:07 am
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,886 posts | 2215 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #21: Jan 11, 2017 09:50:00 am

That pic has been photoshopped. There is no way his hands are that big..
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,501 posts | 611 
      Reply #22: Jan 11, 2017 10:04:32 am

Exactly, there is no debate, he is the establishment and my doubts were confirmed when he started hiring ex CEOs of oil corporations & investment banking in his cabinet.

It's also ironic that he is very into private owned companies and thinks that sustainable & renewable energy are destroying American jobs, when he can build an economy towards sustainable energy by encouraging setting up small private renewable energy firms that would focuse on R&D (research and development) hence creating more jobs.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #23: Jan 11, 2017 10:12:51 am
      Personally I think he'll surprise a few people and his two terms as President (yes I believe he'll get a second term) will be looked back on as the years that the President of the USA made good on the promises of change that the previous incumbent failed to deliver on.

Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,359 posts | 3268 
      Reply #24: Jan 11, 2017 11:09:48 am
      Personally I think he'll surprise a few people and his two terms as President (yes I believe he'll get a second term) will be looked back on as the years that the President of the USA made good on the promises of change that the previous incumbent failed to deliver on.

Promised to build a wall & make Mexico pay for it.

Promised to ban all Muslims entering the USA.

Promised to drain the swamp at Washington.

Back tracked on all the above & you think he will deliver on his promises...? ;D

Quick Reply