Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 1st Dec @ 8:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 30th of November and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W13 D3 L7

The Donald Trump year(s)*

Read 41709 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,261 posts | 576 
      Re: The Donald Trump year(s)*
      Reply #2950: Nov 24, 2021 08:20:57 pm
      Wait, so the Rittenhouse kid is a racist? Where did you get that info? Biden? 😂

There’s been no evidence that I’m aware of to show prove that he’s a racist other than he’s white and owns a gun which seems to be the measuring stick these days. Guess I’m a racist too 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hangs out with 'Proud Boys', flashes white supremacy hand gestures. The fact that he goes on right wing media in America to defend himself doesn't exactly help him either. He's no hero. He's a killer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,436 posts | 4514 
      Reply #2951: Nov 25, 2021 12:52:43 am
      Hangs out with 'Proud Boys', flashes white supremacy hand gestures. The fact that he goes on right wing media in America to defend himself doesn't exactly help him either. He's no hero. He's a killer.

Oh, because he made an “ok” sign he’s racist? 😂😂 ok. Like I said, I must be a flaming racist too then.

You have obviously been sucked in just like Stupid Joe Biden has.

As far as being a hero, no not at all, but he’s been made poster child for people that are tired of the media creating their own version of the news.

Although people that hate child molesters may think he’s a hero since one of the people he killed was a kid diddler.

You believe what you want, it feeds your narrative so you won’t ever look at it objectively.

The whole situation was made up of a bunch of people (rittenhouse included) that should have made the intelligent decision to be somewhere else and not get involved in what was going on. But by the letter of the law, Rittenhouse did nothing wrong and racism didn’t enter the equation at all even though the press would love to make it about that. 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,718 posts | 626 
      • All Good and That Stuff :-)
      Reply #2952: Nov 25, 2021 09:53:24 am
      It's not sane though is it? It's made to look sane because everyone does it. It's like those final words from Blackadder when they're about to go over the top - 'who'd recognise a mad man around here? '

If the mad ones are those without a gun, then that says a lot about America.

correct.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,718 posts | 626 
      Reply #2953: Nov 25, 2021 10:19:16 am
      He shot 2 ‘white’ guys right..? & 1 pointed a gun towards his head.. am I right??

one of the guys attacked him with a skateboard. so obviously that guy had to be shot dead.  :gunhappyyank:

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,736 posts | 5839 
      Reply #2954: Nov 25, 2021 01:36:17 pm
      I have a whole bunch of guns, amazingly I don’t go around shooting people. It’s weird, it’s almost as if people that are going to cause mayhem and destruction will do it regardless of the implement, and people that aren’t, won’t even if they owned a tank.

When are they gonna outlaw knives in the UK?

Stupid f**king question yank!!

You don't use guns to cut meat, bread etc it's not like it's special brands of knife it's simple household knives.

Now f**king explain what guns are used for other than for f**king shooting people.

Please don't ever compare your f**king god is great love all guns braindead culture with this country!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,736 posts | 5839 
      Reply #2955: Nov 25, 2021 01:38:38 pm
      Wait, so the Rittenhouse kid is a racist? Where did you get that info? Biden? 😂

There’s been no evidence that I’m aware of to show prove that he’s a racist other than he’s white and owns a gun which seems to be the measuring stick these days. Guess I’m a racist too 🤷🏻‍♂️

He's not a racist, he's just your average thick as pigshit dumb c**t being used by those with racist tendencies and he got to meet his hero Trump which says it all!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,736 posts | 5839 
      Reply #2956: Nov 25, 2021 01:44:33 pm
      As far as being a hero, no not at all, but he’s been made poster child for people that are tired of the media creating their own version of the news.

Yeah f**k them journalists who have to double-check facts and have multiple sources. Let's just listen and believe some bellend on social media or worse actually listen to not very good journalists who come out with lies (seems to be a fave with rightwing media - the sun newspaper here, Fox news and the rest of the steve bannon sponsored sh*te)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,436 posts | 4514 
      Reply #2957: Nov 25, 2021 02:39:16 pm
      Ooh….touched a nerve I see. 😂😂

Happy Thanksgiving to all you British turkeys!! Gobble gobble.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts | 36 
      Reply #2958: Nov 25, 2021 02:50:51 pm
      Ooh….touched a nerve I see. 😂😂

Happy Thanksgiving to all you British turkeys!! Gobble gobble.

How do you eat the turkey today? I presume with a semi automatic 😀

It says a lot about a country and it’s population that you even need everyone to have a gun licence to protect themselves from each other

Mad fuckers them yanks
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,265 posts | 4774 
      Reply #2959: Nov 25, 2021 02:52:48 pm
      Wow you need to check out the left wing media in the US they like to tell a yarn as much as the right wing their motto being dont let the facts get int he way of a good story. The media is now just a contradictory body who need to post apposing views without any fact checking at all. We havent had decent media since some Aussie bloke turned up and destroyed what was left of it although most of it was still extremely biased and owned by very wealthy men.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,692 posts | 3590 
      Reply #2960: Nov 25, 2021 04:09:33 pm
      Stupid f**king question yank!!

You don't use guns to cut meat, bread etc it's not like it's special brands of knife it's simple household knives.

Now f**king explain what guns are used for other than for f**king shooting people.

Please don't ever compare your f**king god is great love all guns braindead culture with this country!!

The mindset in the wild-west guns for all groups is f**king crazy in the US.
      In some States you can walk down the street with a military grade killing machine and not be arrested, the person that tries to disarm you is likely the one to be arrested for committing a felony.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,265 posts | 4774 
      Reply #2961: Nov 25, 2021 04:36:59 pm
      The mindset in the wild-west guns for all groups is f**king crazy in the US.
      In some States you can walk down the street with a military grade killing machine and not be arrested, the person that tries to disarm you is likely the one to be arrested for committing a felony.

it just seems so foreign to us its bad enough that Armed Police started at the Airports I dont like being around guns full stop.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,824 posts | 698 
      Reply #2962: Nov 25, 2021 04:38:33 pm
      The US just has a f*cked up gun culture that is alien to most of us in the UK. The problem is when you have that culture together with all of the other crazies in the states and throw in big interests like the NRA fueling it all it's hard to see how it could ever change. I suppose if I lived in certain parts of the US I'd probably feel like owning a gun. It's a shame really as any economically developed country shouldn't have that problem.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,436 posts | 4514 
      Reply #2963: Nov 25, 2021 04:53:11 pm
      You guys don’t understand the culture because surprise, you don’t live here. You take a trip once a decade and you watch the news and listen to politicians, but you don’t bother to engage with someone like me who would be able to provide some perspective and while you still likely won’t agree, you might at least start to realize that it’s not like the Wild Wild West here like it’s depicted in the media. People that hate freedom and hate firearms will try to paint the US as somewhere that you have to watch over your shoulder all the time and live in fear. Far from it. Are there places you would fear going to? Yep, just like in every country in the entire world. However here, if I find that I need to travel to one of those areas, I have the option to carry something for self defense. For the most part I never carry a firearm because I honestly wouldn’t ever want to even think about taking someone else’s life even if it was a self defense situation.  But you can bet at the end of the day, I’m going to protect my family from any threat, domestic or otherwise.

I also like to target shoot which is really fun. It’s not something everyone likes but I do. And some folks like to hunt and some NEED to hunt because they help feed their family that way. And some people live in rural areas where they have to protect themselves from wild animals or wild people because calling 911 doesn’t mean someone’s coming immediately.

But I’m sure I’m talking to a wall with most of you so I’m going sign out of this thread and go enjoy the holiday with my family.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 903 posts | 203 
      Reply #2964: Nov 25, 2021 08:49:54 pm
      Wow you need to check out the left wing media in the US they like to tell a yarn as much as the right wing their motto being dont let the facts get int he way of a good story. The media is now just a contradictory body who need to post apposing views without any fact checking at all. We havent had decent media since some Aussie bloke turned up and destroyed what was left of it although most of it was still extremely biased and owned by very wealthy men.

Even pre- Murdoch it was never anything less than propaganda ( which you seem to acknowledge). Check out the essays of George Orwell.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 903 posts | 203 
      Reply #2965: Nov 25, 2021 08:55:54 pm
      You guys don’t understand the culture because surprise, you don’t live here. You take a trip once a decade and you watch the news and listen to politicians, but you don’t bother to engage with someone like me who would be able to provide some perspective and while you still likely won’t agree, you might at least start to realize that it’s not like the Wild Wild West here like it’s depicted in the media. People that hate freedom and hate firearms will try to paint the US as somewhere that you have to watch over your shoulder all the time and live in fear. Far from it. Are there places you would fear going to? Yep, just like in every country in the entire world. However here, if I find that I need to travel to one of those areas, I have the option to carry something for self defense. For the most part I never carry a firearm because I honestly wouldn’t ever want to even think about taking someone else’s life even if it was a self defense situation.  But you can bet at the end of the day, I’m going to protect my family from any threat, domestic or otherwise.

I also like to target shoot which is really fun. It’s not something everyone likes but I do. And some folks like to hunt and some NEED to hunt because they help feed their family that way. And some people live in rural areas where they have to protect themselves from wild animals or wild people because calling 911 doesn’t mean someone’s coming immediately.

But I’m sure I’m talking to a wall with most of you so I’m going sign out of this thread and go enjoy the holiday with my family.

Are you taking your gun?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,824 posts | 698 
      Reply #2966: Nov 25, 2021 09:00:02 pm

I've been to the states quite a few times, Florida too (have friends in Sarasota), and I have personally never felt threatened and always had a great time, but personal experience aside I do think the US has a fairly obvious problem with gun violence, which far exceeds levels seen in most comparable countries.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,670 posts | 1299 
      Reply #2967: Nov 25, 2021 09:15:45 pm

Why does freedom have to come with firearms 🤷‍♂️
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,692 posts | 3590 
      Reply #2968: Nov 25, 2021 10:26:13 pm

Been to the US several times and visited Walmart and other supermarkets which sell guns and armaments of different types.

Every time the reasons put forward are as ludicrous as ever for the sale of firearms to the general public and over the years the consequences of the madness ie mass shootings, occur regularly.

Aside from the gun crazy states opinions are changing and some sanity is taking over although the NRA and the Senators they have in their pockets will accept gun massacres to save the industry and their political status.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,254 posts | 4173 
      Reply #2969: Nov 25, 2021 10:48:49 pm

Ex soldier ask the above..

Parody… 😂
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,436 posts | 4514 
      Reply #2970: Nov 26, 2021 01:49:04 am
      Been to the US several times and visited Walmart and other supermarkets which sell guns and armaments of different types.

No, supermarkets don’t sell guns and only some Walmarts do, usually the ones in remote or rural communities and they don’t sell handguns and the guns they do sell are done so just like they are in a gun store. All forms and background checks have to be performed.

But you’ve been the US several times, tell me more about a place I’ve lived for 46 years. 😂😂
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,436 posts | 4514 
      Reply #2971: Nov 26, 2021 01:49:57 am

I guess you are ignorant of history especially as it pertains to your country and mine.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,736 posts | 5839 
      Reply #2972: Nov 26, 2021 02:31:53 am
      You guys don’t understand the culture because surprise, you don’t live here. You take a trip once a decade and you watch the news , but you don’t bother to engage with someone like me who would be able to provide some perspective 

Could say the same to you about Liverpool FC!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,718 posts | 626 
      Reply #2973: Nov 26, 2021 08:28:51 am

My last take on this.

Owning a gun is not culture.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,718 posts | 626 
      Reply #2974: Nov 26, 2021 08:31:28 am
      I guess you are ignorant of history especially as it pertains to your country and mine.

ok. so in my fight for scottish independance, should I take up arms v the english, perhaps I should go buy a big claymore and act like william wallace. ;D

Quick Reply