Trending Topics

Next match: Palace v LFC [Premier League] Sun 23rd Jan @ 2:00 pm
      Selhurst Park

Today is the 21st of January and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W11 D5 L7

The Donald Trump year(s)*

Read 43638 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,993 posts | 680 
      • All Good and That Stuff :-)
      Re: The Donald Trump year(s)*
      Reply #2975: Nov 26, 2021 08:33:07 am
      Been to the US several times and visited Walmart and other supermarkets which sell guns and armaments of different types.

Every time the reasons put forward are as ludicrous as ever for the sale of firearms to the general public and over the years the consequences of the madness ie mass shootings, occur regularly.

Aside from the gun crazy states opinions are changing and some sanity is taking over although the NRA and the Senators they have in their pockets will accept gun massacres to save the industry and their political status.

The very minimum that should have happened is automatic weapons should have been banned. But they couldnt even do that.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,144 posts | 247 
      Reply #2976: Nov 26, 2021 09:03:58 am
      I guess you are ignorant of history especially as it pertains to your country and mine.

That's really stupid. As if arming the population can protect you against state violence. What the f**k use is your hand gun or rifle when faced with missiles and tanks?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,677 posts | 1485 
      Reply #2977: Nov 26, 2021 10:00:19 am
      I guess you are ignorant of history especially as it pertains to your country and mine.

Not at all

I don’t need a gun and I’m enjoy my freedom 🤷‍♂️

My country have a military and police force that protect my freedom and I feel safe under their umbrella

Do you not trust your military or police to protect your freedom ?

Is that why people are able to buy assault rifles  - to protect their freedom ?

Or is it because

Power
      Some outdated - right to bear arms
      NRA

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 34,217 posts | 6049 
      Reply #2978: Nov 26, 2021 12:51:56 pm
      Let's have it right about the ol'USofA

Is that why white people are able to buy assault rifles  - to protect their freedom ?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,677 posts | 1485 
      Reply #2979: Nov 26, 2021 12:53:30 pm
      Let's have it right about the ol'USofA

Yeo apologies- should have been more specific 👍
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,724 posts | 3608 
      Reply #2980: Nov 26, 2021 04:10:56 pm
      No, supermarkets don’t sell guns and only some Walmarts do, usually the ones in remote or rural communities and they don’t sell handguns and the guns they do sell are done so just like they are in a gun store. All forms and background checks have to be performed.

But you’ve been the US several times, tell me more about a place I’ve lived for 46 years. 😂😂

So you’re telling me general hyper stores do not sell guns?
      Be telling me Trump doesn’t lie next!
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,789 posts | 4289 
      Reply #2981: Nov 26, 2021 04:15:47 pm

Black Americans flock to gun stores and clubs.

Americans bought a record number of firearms last year. Gun ownership among Black Americans is up 58.2%

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/05/us-gun-ownership-black-americans-surge

Don’t understand pushing the ‘white’ only narrative..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,877 posts | 4644 
      Reply #2982: Nov 26, 2021 04:23:58 pm
      That's really stupid. As if arming the population can protect you against state violence. What the f**k use is your hand gun or rifle when faced with missiles and tanks?

I figured someone would be dumb enough to make that argument. That’s the same thing they told our founding fathers and the revolutionaries. No one has a chance against the British military with just muskets. 😂😂
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,877 posts | 4644 
      Reply #2983: Nov 26, 2021 04:25:42 pm

Americans bought a record number of firearms last year. Gun ownership among Black Americans is up 58.2%

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/05/us-gun-ownership-black-americans-surge

Because if you make it about racism you can  avoid a frank discussion about the actual topic.

Anyway, I’m out of this one, too few brain cells and too much hand wringing for me to waste anymore time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 34,217 posts | 6049 
      Reply #2984: Nov 26, 2021 04:26:05 pm

Simple Shabs if that Shittenhouse had of been black marching down the road with an AR-15 what the f**k do you think would of happened? Oh and they're free to buy all the guns they want, how many open carry like whitey does over there?

Remember all the gun nut knobheads protestiing in Michigan open carrying, hardly any black people, why is that shabs lad?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,789 posts | 4289 
      Reply #2985: Nov 26, 2021 04:44:22 pm
      Simple Shabs if that Shittenhouse had of been black marching down the road with an AR-15 what the f**k do you think would of happened? Oh and they're free to buy all the guns they want, how many open carry like whitey does over there?

Remember all the gun nut knobheads protestiing in Michigan open carrying, hardly any black people, why is that shabs lad?

I’ve seen demos in the states where Black Americans were armed just as much to the teeth as their ‘white’ brethren...

Redman7804
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 465 posts | 209 
      Reply #2986: Nov 26, 2021 04:44:23 pm
      Because if you make it about racism you can  avoid a frank discussion about the actual topic.

Anyway, I’m out of this one, too few brain cells and too much hand wringing for me to waste anymore time.

I think you’re just too wrapped up in it to see what most sane people see regarding your gun laws

Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,789 posts | 4289 
      Reply #2987: Nov 26, 2021 05:02:39 pm

2. The amendment’s primary justification was to prevent the United States from needing a standing army.

Preventing the United States from starting a professional army, in fact, was the single most important goal of the Second Amendment. It is hard to recapture this fear today, but during the 18th century few boogeymen were as scary as the standing army — an army made up of professional, full-time soldiers.

By the logic of the 18th century, any society with a professional army could never be truly free. The men in charge of that army could order it to attack the citizens themselves, who, unarmed and unorganized, would be unable to fight back. This was why a well-regulated militia was necessary to the security of a free state: To be secure, a society needed to be able to defend itself; to be free, it could not exist merely at the whim of a standing army and its generals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2018/02/22/what-the-second-amendment-really-meant-to-the-founders/
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,677 posts | 1485 
      Reply #2988: Nov 26, 2021 06:48:19 pm
      2. The amendment’s primary justification was to prevent the United States from needing a standing army.

Preventing the United States from starting a professional army, in fact, was the single most important goal of the Second Amendment. It is hard to recapture this fear today, but during the 18th century few boogeymen were as scary as the standing army — an army made up of professional, full-time soldiers.

By the logic of the 18th century, any society with a professional army could never be truly free. The men in charge of that army could order it to attack the citizens themselves, who, unarmed and unorganized, would be unable to fight back. This was why a well-regulated militia was necessary to the security of a free state: To be secure, a society needed to be able to defend itself; to be free, it could not exist merely at the whim of a standing army and its generals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2018/02/22/what-the-second-amendment-really-meant-to-the-founders/

So totally irrelevant to the modern world then
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 34,217 posts | 6049 
      Reply #2989: Nov 27, 2021 12:37:46 pm
      I’ve seen demos in the states where Black Americans were armed just as much to the teeth as their ‘white’ brethren...

Not as much as the white lads as a lot of the black lads have got more fashion sense then dressing like they're in a militia!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 34,217 posts | 6049 
      Reply #2990: Nov 27, 2021 12:39:52 pm

So basically needed in the 18th Century to fight the British, not so much in the 21st century when they have some of the biggest companies on Earth producing actual weapon defence programs. But they'll still need those muskets!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 34,217 posts | 6049 
      Reply #2991: Nov 27, 2021 12:41:51 pm
      Anyway, I’m out of this one, too few brain cells 

Why so self-critical? :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 34,217 posts | 6049 
      Reply #2992: Nov 27, 2021 12:45:13 pm
      I figured someone would be dumb enough to make that argument. That’s the same thing they told our founding fathers and the revolutionaries.

I bet they've never told the founding fathers they had tanks and missiles!!

Your country has the biggest defence contractors on the planet producing weapons far bigger than simple guns, yet you morons think you still need your rifles in case you're invaded!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 34,217 posts | 6049 
      Reply #2993: Nov 27, 2021 12:46:43 pm
      Could say the same to you about Liverpool FC!!

Still no reply about this funny tha!!
      Redman7804
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 465 posts | 209 
      Reply #2994: Nov 27, 2021 12:46:50 pm
      So basically needed in the 18th Century to fight the British, not so much in the 21st century when they have some of the biggest companies on Earth producing actual weapon defence programs. But they'll still need those muskets!!

Crazy isn’t it? Justifying the need to carry arms from something brought in during the 18th century

In a country of 350m people there are bound to be some that aren’t wired up correctly, let’s allow them to have easy access to guns

Outdated nonsense… Anyone who owns a gun is part of the problem

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,551 posts | 732 
      Reply #2995: Nov 27, 2021 12:58:01 pm
      Redman7804
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 465 posts | 209 
      Reply #2996: Nov 27, 2021 01:01:50 pm

😂

Brilliant

Only actual Americans don’t see the irony in this
      They’re probably outside shooting sh*t in their yards waiting for a 300 year old English king to jump the fence
      Redman7804
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 465 posts | 209 
      Reply #2997: Nov 30, 2021 08:54:06 pm
      Some 15 year old has killed at least 3 people with a gun at a school in Michigan

Rest in peace those who lost their lives in yet another gun incident in America

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/michigan-shooting-three-killed-as-15-year-old-student-opens-fire-at-his-school-12483408

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,677 posts | 1485 
      Reply #2998: Nov 30, 2021 08:59:49 pm
      Some 15 year old has killed at least 3 people with a gun at a school in Michigan

Rest in peace those who lost their lives in yet another gun incident in America

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/michigan-shooting-three-killed-as-15-year-old-student-opens-fire-at-his-school-12483408

But they have their freedom and the first amendment so it’s all good for them 👍
      Redman7804
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 465 posts | 209 
      Reply #2999: Nov 30, 2021 09:00:42 pm

But they have their freedom and the first amendment so it’s all good for them 👍

Don’t forget the back ground checks 🤷‍♂️

Quick Reply