Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Plymouth?

Loris Karius
      4 (4.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      7 (8.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      14 (16.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      4 (4.7%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.7%)
      Kevin Stewart
      23 (26.7%)
      Emre Can
      2 (2.3%)
      Ovie Ejaria
      2 (2.3%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      1 (1.2%)
      Ben Woodburn
      17 (19.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      8 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Jan 12, 2017 03:29:17 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Plymouth Argyle: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29519 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Plymouth Argyle: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Jan 09, 2017 10:19:57 am
      Do we already know when the replay is? I would actually enjoy seeing Liverpool at a League Two club, the problem is that train tickets are far too expensive in this country! haha

I think it's the 18th.  Train journey 6 hours or something.  Even flying to Newquay I think it's a bit of a trek from there to Plymouth so might end up swallowing more than half the time.

Good opportunity for reds in the south west to go and see the kids so there will probably be loads of away spares getting shunted about.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #346: Jan 09, 2017 10:28:46 am

That's not really true though, is it?

Karius is not a U23 keeper. Arnold is the first team's backup right back. Lucas is an experienced, former Brazilian international. Gomez is coming back from injury, which is the only reason why he was with the U23. Before that, he was our starting left back. Moreno and Emre Can have represented the last two World Cup winners at international level (Spain and Germany respectively). Stewart, Ejaria and Woodburn are probably the least experienced players, but even them have played for the first team before, even against Premier League (Spurs) or Championship (Leeds) opposition. Ojo is a similar case to Gomez, the only reason he was with the U23 is that he's coming back from a serious injury - before that he was frequently with the first team. Origi is a Belgium international. Off the bench we had three internationals (two for England and one for Brazil).

What pisses me off is a experienced Div 2 team who SHOULD be capable of at least coming to Anfield and to  put up some sort of fight

Should it? It's interesting because as far as I know, Plymouth are the first ever League Two side to avoid defeat at Anfield.

EDIT: the stat I was thinking of is actually a bit different, but still impressive:

https://twitter.com/2010MisterChip/status/818119562289934337

What this is saying (in Spanish) is that Liverpool have failed to score against L2 opposition at home for the first time in the history of the FA Cup
      « Last Edit: Jan 09, 2017 11:05:33 am by Diego LFC »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #347: Jan 09, 2017 10:32:46 am
      I think it's the 18th.  Train journey 6 hours or something.  Even flying to Newquay I think it's a bit of a trek from there to Plymouth so might end up swallowing more than half the time.

Good opportunity for reds in the south west to go and see the kids so there will probably be loads of away spares getting shunted about.

Ugh, it's too far away for me I'm afraid. I could have got a ticket for Southampton away from a friend, but it's also a really long journey and a lot of money if you go by train. I wish I could get an away ticket for a nearer opponent... like in Manchester, maybe :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #348: Jan 09, 2017 10:40:45 am
      Ugh, it's too far away for me I'm afraid.

A Brazilian studying in Liverpool I don't think anywhere is too far away for you.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #349: Jan 09, 2017 10:50:06 am
      Yeah. You're right. I do moan when five yard passes go astray or when we have 80% possession against a league 2 side at home and test their goalie once maybe twice in 90 minutes. I moan when our play is too slow, when it's all too obvious and when there is no plan B. I'm not one to sit with my tinted glasses on and make excuses up for when we play sh*t, I say it how it is game by game. When we play well I'll be the first one to say, when we play like we did yesterday I'll also pipe up and say it wasn't good enough.

Is that the reason why anfield is a graveyard because people like me want the absolute best for this football club is it? Because I won't accept a 0-0 draw at home to Plymouth as a good run out or or a great experience? Because I demand high standards? Yeah alright lad, you can pipe right down.

Plymouth did have good shape, they were disciplined the whole game and cut mistakes right down to a minimum. The were well drilled, well organised and they worked hard. Fair play to them.  The only thing embarrassing here is you crying like a little bi*ch because they didn't turn up and play like Barcelona, which would have played right into our hands and no doubt we won have won 8-0. So maybe you should give your head a wobble.

Stay at home then you neg head and give someone who "supports" the team a chance to watch their team.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #350: Jan 09, 2017 10:52:13 am

PISH,

We are the millionaires, we are Goliath?

What the f**k are you talking about?

We played essentially a U23 side against a well established experienced league two team who play week in week out, who didn't play football, parked their double f***in deckers and are getting accolades for drawing with the mighty Liverpool,

Stop smoking the dogshite  Belly and look at it for what it is,
      Had we somewhere near a full strength side out I'd take your point,  but we didn't and although disappointing it's not as disastrous as ppl are making out,

Those kids play at a level way below that of league two and certainly not as regular,  so your talking bollocks if you think that they would simply breeze past Argyle at a canter,
      Ffs even our first team struggle to break through the bus parkers,

What pisses me off is a experienced Div 2 team who SHOULD be capable of at least coming to Anfield and to  put up some sort of fight, Derek Adams would have seen the Liverpool team sheet in plenty of time to change tact, and realise that his charges with the right application would have a fair chance of getting a result,  but no, they from the first whistle parked their buses and killed the game,  killed any hope for their fans, killed any hope of entertainment,  and put yet another nail in the coffin of the beautiful game,

Like I said before their tactics would have been bang on if they were up against a fully fit Liverpool first team and deserved all the plaudits,

So no they don't deserve any praise not from me they don't, it's great for them financially perhaps but a as far as Football is concerned their performance is nothing short of disgraceful, and anybody having a pop at our young lads is also a f***in disgrace.

YNWA

Pish right back at ya.

Yes, we are the millionaires compared to them an you know it.

Only we chose to play our youngsters the way we did, nobody held a gun to Jürgen's head; as compared to Plymouth we have this added luxury  - what with us being so poor and all that.

But the way you're going on about the way they played is total F***ing BS. Somebody just mentioned they were the first team "EVER" from Div 2 to get a result from Anfield. Let that F***ing sink in.

They got a result against a multi-million pound institution, on a Bowles pitch, egged on by 50,000 + people.

What did you want them to do? Play 2-4-4 so our boys are made to look good?

Did you want them to roll over and have their tummy tickled?

Your attack on them for our failure is utterly pathetic, it really is. And, I'm not nessecarily applauding their tactics though they certainly are understandable, I'm saying it was our job as the home team, 70 places above them in the league, and with all the luxuries to boot to overcome them.

It's games like these where we need to take serious F***ing stock, and stop with all the finger pointing elsewhere - especially towards the might of Plymouth Argyle.

Like, should Klopp made 'that' many changes?

Could he have done more at HT, to speed up the pedestrian play we exhibited?

There are so many more questions asked at our end, rather than defensively knee-jerking Plymouth's performance as to the reason Liverpool Football Club could not get a result against this Div 2 team.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #351: Jan 09, 2017 11:07:14 am
      Just a couple of thoughts.

I remember the days when lower league teams have WON at Anfield and got a standing ovation (Bolton spring to mind for one). Whatever happened to Liverpool fans being famous for appreciating a good effort from an underdog, of showing it? Equally, on many a European night we've killed games stone dead and come away with a 0-0 while slapping ourselves on the back telling each other how clever we are (and we are/were too!). Whatever happened to those days?

On young players, I'm probably older than most but I remember a young player or two. I remember Robbie Fowler when he first broke into the team as a kid. He got five in one game against lower league opposition, he would have ripped Plymouth a new @rsehole young player or not. Even Owen (though it pains me to say it) would have filled his boots. For Ojo read Steve Macmanaman, he would have dazzled them and ran at them all day long, eager as he was to impress and force his way into the reckoning. Don't even get me started on what a young Steven Gerrard would have done with the space our midfielders were offered just outside the box, f*** me it would have been like a shooting gallery at a fairground stall. The thing is though, THAT'S how good you've got to be to make it. You've got to absolutely snatch the opportunity you've got like it's your last, because it might be.

Equally, on "young players". It's worth noting that the two full backs yesterday are our FIRST choice should either Clyne or Milner get injured. Stewart is very near first choice should a midfielder or two get injured. TAA is nowhere near good enough yet IMHO, while Stewart arguably barely ever will be and Moreno is some way short.

It's not so much that it was a young team, it was/is how close to our first team a lot of these players were. Plymouth got beat by Wimbledon in last seasons division 2 play off final. Wimbledon are utter sh!te, really sh!te, I go watch them three or four times a season with my boy. They're a better team now than they were then, and they're still sh!te. Wimbledon drew with Sutton Utd on Saturday, Sutton Utd aren't even full time, they're all delivery men, painters and decorators etc. Half of them drink in the Alex FFS, heavily! Given the team we put out, we ought to be able to completely banjo Plymouth, even if the cheeky buggers do decide not to play 3-2-5 and actually play quite defensive. If the players we have in reserve can't beat Plymouth, they either had an extreme off day, aren't ever going to be good enough, or aren't yet good enough to be on the fringe of our first team.       
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #352: Jan 09, 2017 11:07:18 am
      Stay at home then you neg head and give someone who "supports" the team a chance to watch their team.

Without doubt I have invested more of my time and money into LFC than you ever will, I'll bet my son on that, so don't need somebody like you to tell me what it takes to be a supporter you F***ing cretin.

There will be times when Liverpool don't perform well, yesterday was one of those days and I'll voice my opinion.

You don't have to like it or even listen to it, block me, see if I'm arsed. I won't be listening to your false full of sh*t super fan bollocks either. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #353: Jan 09, 2017 11:10:18 am
      I remember the days when lower league teams have WON at Anfield and got a standing ovation (Bolton spring to mind for one). Whatever happened to Liverpool fans being famous for appreciating a good effort from an underdog, of showing it? Equally, on many a European night we've killed games stone dead and come away with a 0-0 while slapping ourselves on the back telling each other how clever we are (and we are/were too!). Whatever happened to those days?

To be fair though, I was at Anfield and the Plymouth players were applauded by the whole stadium as they were walking off the pitch. Lots of fans had already left by then but I was still in the stands and generally I'd say people in the stadium appreciated their effort.

It's only on the internet really that I'm seeing people trying to big up the mighty Argyle and holding it against them that they played defensive football against a team three divisions above them.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #354: Jan 09, 2017 11:10:56 am
      Without doubt I have invested more of my time and money into LFC than you ever will, I'll bet my son on that, so don't need somebody like you to tell me what it takes to be a supporter you f**king cretin.

There will be times when Liverpool don't perform well, yesterday was one of those days and I'll voice my opinion.

You don't have to like it or even listen to it, block me, see if I'm arsed. I won't be listening to your false full of sh*t super fan bollocks either. 

Understandable reaction to a silly and rude post mate, but in fairness to HSBC it wasn't one of his best and he's normally better than that. Probably an apology (HSBC) via DM should solve it. 
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #355: Jan 09, 2017 11:35:41 am
      Superfans out in force today. Now, not only are you not supposed to criticise OUR performance you're not allowed to say well done to Plymouth either. Very odd.

I haven't seen anybody BTW say anything other than fair play to them for sticking at it and giving their all. Nobody is pretending they played us off the park or anything, I can't understand why people are so sensitive.

Course if Rodgers was still in charge those very same people who are berating any dissenters now would be calling it a "tactical masterclass" by their manager (sorry, don't know his name) and saying that he "schooled" Rodgers, probably even suggesting that we "could do worse than hire him as our new defensive coach".

Much has changed in eighteen months, and it's not just on the pitch  :lmao:.

Yea the triangle has been flipped...
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #356: Jan 09, 2017 11:36:09 am
      Quote from bigmick

I remember the days when lower league teams have WON at Anfield and got a standing ovation (Bolton spring to mind for one). Whatever happened to Liverpool fans being famous for appreciating a good effort from an underdog, of showing it?
      On young players, I'm probably older than most but I remember a young player or two. I remember Robbie Fowler when he first broke into the team. He got five in one game against lower league opposition, he would have ripped Plymouth a new @rsehole young player or not. Even Owen (though it pains me to say it) would have filled his boots. For Ojo read Steve Macmanaman, he would have dazzled them and ran at them all day long, eager as he was to impress and force his way into the reckoning.

There is a difference tbh. All those players came into the first team when they were ready, and so they took to it like ducks to water. They didn't come in on a day when 10 changes were made, and basically told to go sink or swim. You take 10 players out of a team, even against 4th tier players, and you see the difference it makes. No organisation, no cohesion, no fluency, nothing. And the losers are the players because everyone judges their ability on that performance. Some of them may never play for the senior team again. It's not fair, but that's the way it is.

On the fans, each to their own, but I've never applauded the opposition at Anfield. I respect others right to do so, but they are ultimately an opponent of me for two hours, so I'm not going to thank them for getting a result from me. How the opposition play is their business. I'm there to see us win, and thankfully we usually do when I'm there.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #357: Jan 09, 2017 11:44:58 am
      Without doubt I have invested more of my time and money into LFC than you ever will, I'll bet my son on that, so don't need somebody like you to tell me what it takes to be a supporter you f**king cretin.

Apart from the cost of your season ticket which by the way I will have off you, what have you really invested?
      You sound like the old farts I have encountered at Anfield sitting there with your hands under your arse "go one entertain me" brigade.

Mr I only cheer when the team are winning!
      Yes you really are a proper fan.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #358: Jan 09, 2017 11:47:08 am

On young players, I'm probably older than most but I remember a young player or two. I remember Robbie Fowler when he first broke into the team as a kid. He got five in one game against lower league opposition, he would have ripped Plymouth a new @rsehole young player or not. Even Owen (though it pains me to say it) would have filled his boots. For Ojo read Steve Macmanaman, he would have dazzled them and ran at them all day long, eager as he was to impress and force his way into the reckoning. Don't even get me started on what a young Steven Gerrard would have done with the space our midfielders were offered just outside the box, f*** me it would have been like a shooting gallery at a fairground stall. The thing is though, THAT'S how good you've got to be to make it. You've got to absolutely snatch the opportunity you've got like it's your last, because it might be.

Equally, on "young players". It's worth noting that the two full backs yesterday are our FIRST choice should either Clyne or Milner get injured. Stewart is very near first choice should a midfielder or two get injured. TAA is nowhere near good enough yet IMHO, while Stewart arguably barely ever will be and Moreno is some way short.

It's not so much that it was a young team, it was/is how close to our first team a lot of these players were. Plymouth got beat by Wimbledon in last seasons division 2 play off final. Wimbledon are utter sh!te, really sh!te, I go watch them three or four times a season with my boy. They're a better team now than they were then, and they're still sh!te. Wimbledon drew with Sutton Utd on Saturday, Sutton Utd aren't even full time, they're all delivery men, painters and decorators etc. Half of them drink in the Alex FFS, heavily! Given the team we put out, we ought to be able to completely banjo Plymouth, even if the cheeky buggers do decide not to play 3-2-5 and actually play quite defensive. If the players we have in reserve can't beat Plymouth, they either had an extreme off day, aren't ever going to be good enough, or aren't yet good enough to be on the fringe of our first team.       

Excellent post that.

I've read a bit on here about our youth lads, and I can't help but think they've been put up on a slightly premature pedestal by some.

You usually can pick 'em, the special talents, as you say the Gerrard's, Fowler's, and Owen's etcetera. Not one IMO looked anywhere near those stratospheres. I understand kids need time and all that jazz, but honestly, if we had a special player in our starting line-up yesterday we would have seen a glimpse of it. I didn't see that. And that for me is disheartening, especially after all the talk of our youth academy and the vision behind it.

I suppose some solace can be taken from the point, that if one or two were hurled into the first team they'd probably give a better account of themselves. I actually thought that TAA looked a prospect against Leeds, and remember that cross he whipped in was absolute class, and generally his all round game was good that night.

I think with re. to Ojo and Ejaria, I  didn't see much in either of them, and it probably didn't help that they were Shepard-ed by more experienced players who are struggling or coming to grips with their own game, Can, Moreno, and Origi. But I was underwhelmed by their own performances and I've seen Ejaria play better but still nothing that really makes me think, 'this lad is going to be a top player'.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #359: Jan 09, 2017 11:48:39 am
      Understandable reaction to a silly and rude post mate, but in fairness to HSBC it wasn't one of his best and he's normally better than that. Probably an apology (HSBC) via DM should solve it. 

Apologise for what mate, your one of the old ones like me on here what happened to supporting our players esp the youngsters some of whom started their first senior game.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #360: Jan 09, 2017 11:50:55 am
      As
      Yeah. You're right. I do moan when five yard passes go astray or when we have 80% possession against a league 2 side at home and test their goalie once maybe twice in 90 minutes. I moan when our play is too slow, when it's all too obvious and when there is no plan B. I'm not one to sit with my tinted glasses on and make excuses up for when we play sh*t, I say it how it is game by game. When we play well I'll be the first one to say, when we play like we did yesterday I'll also pipe up and say it wasn't good enough.

Is that the reason why anfield is a graveyard because people like me want the absolute best for this football club is it? Because I won't accept a 0-0 draw at home to Plymouth as a good run out or or a great experience? Because I demand high standards? Yeah alright lad, you can pipe right down.

Plymouth did have good shape, they were disciplined the whole game and cut mistakes right down to a minimum. The were well drilled, well organised and they worked hard. Fair play to them.  The only thing embarrassing here is you crying like a little bi*ch because they didn't turn up and play like Barcelona, which would have played right into our hands and no doubt we won have won 8-0. So maybe you should give your head a wobble.

As has been said  previously stay at home and give up your ticket. There's no correlation between the money you spent on the club and the level of support you have for the club. As someone who is so well versed and experienced in attending matches for a very long time you should know better then to throw a few teenagers under the bus based on one performance and debut.

Focus your energy on supporting the lads and encouraging them rather then moaning something Klopp has asked for only a few weeks ago, our atmosphere is border line embarrassing and you sir have a thick pair of red tinted ear muffs if you can't hear and acknowledged that.

Yes awesome shape in the match they had a player in the line up who failed to attempt a single pass now in my time of watching football and playing it I have never heard of such a marvel.

I wonder what people would have said if we fielded stronger eleven and one of the league 2 hacks put our lads out for the season. Some of the challenges were a bees dick away from putting a young lad out for a long period.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #361: Jan 09, 2017 12:03:44 pm
      As
      As has been said  previously stay at home and give up your ticket. There's no correlation between the money you spent on the club and the level of support you have for the club. As someone who is so well versed and experienced in attending matches for a very long time you should know better then to throw a few teenagers under the bus based on one performance and debut.

Focus your energy on supporting the lads and encouraging them rather then moaning something Klopp has asked for only a few weeks ago, our atmosphere is border line embarrassing and you sir have a thick pair of red tinted ear muffs if you can't hear and acknowledged that.

Yes awesome shape in the match they had a player in the line up who failed to attempt a single pass now in my time of watching football and playing it I have never heard of such a marvel.

I wonder what people would have said if we fielded stronger eleven and one of the league 2 hacks put our lads out for the season. Some of the challenges were a bees dick away from putting a young lad out for a long period.
      What do you expect in the FA cup? You act like somebody who never watched an FA cup game before. It is game of the season for Plymouth and for us it was our B team. Pretty sure we will take the next leg more seriously. A part of supporting the club is sharing the clubs Ethics. We have a semi final in 2 days and Klopp was right to rest players. If you are going to tell every fan who congratulated Plymouth to stay at home etc.... it is not the Liverpool way. You are coming across as some mardy person that just because the result didn't go perfectly for us, you have to moan about every small thing.

Congratulations to Plymouth! I am sure we will beat you in the replay. Looking forward to it.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #362: Jan 09, 2017 12:08:46 pm
      Apart from the cost of your season ticket which by the way I will have off you, what have you really invested?
      You sound like the old farts I have encountered at Anfield sitting there with your hands under your arse "go one entertain me" brigade.

Mr I only cheer when the team are winning!
      Yes you really are a proper fan.

Im not going to explain myself to a cretin like you. Do you really think I give a sh*t if you don't think I'm worthy of a ticket? I couldn't care less. I go every week, have done for a very long time and will continue to do so for a very long time as well. Bollocks to what you think lad.

I get it, you're a super fan, and Liverpool can do no wrong in your eyes and if any fan dares to criticise any performances from any individuals or the team as a whole than we should ban them from anfield and they're the reason we haven't won the league in god knows how long and they're the reason why anfield is a graveyard.

So to summarise, ive said that we played sh*t, we couldn't break a league two side down at home, some of the youngsters or fringe players didn't do enough or take their chance, that I've seen enough of some of them now to state they aren't good enough for Liverpools XI and according to you I'm a sh*t fan and you want my season ticket?  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #363: Jan 09, 2017 12:09:04 pm
      What do you expect in the FA cup? You act like somebody who never watched an FA cup game before. It is game of the season for Plymouth and for us it was our B team. Pretty sure we will take the next leg more seriously. A part of supporting the club is sharing the clubs Ethics. We have a semi final in 2 days and Klopp was right to rest players. If you are going to tell every fan who congratulated Plymouth to stay at home etc.... it is not the Liverpool way.
      Read the discussion from the beginning and don't butt in if you don't understand the context.

In my earlier post I clearly stated that there's nothing to take away from Plymouth my biggest gripe is the admission of the moaning and hanging young players out to dry after one performance.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #364: Jan 09, 2017 12:09:19 pm
      Lucas is worse player l ever see play for us how he be here 10 years see him try shot form long distance very poor
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #365: Jan 09, 2017 12:10:45 pm
      Read the discussion from the beginning and don't butt in if you don't understand the context.

In my earlier post I clearly stated that there's nothing to take away from Plymouth my biggest gripe is the admission of the moaning and hanging young players out to dry after one performance.
      Oh right, sorry I can totally agree with that. Nothing wrong with these players. Hopefully we see them again this season. Just they don't all need to be played, mix or youth and experience is better.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #366: Jan 09, 2017 12:17:25 pm
      Just gets better now the super fans are putting young players up on a premature pedastal F***ing hilarious.

Did Jurgens predecessor not overhaul the youth system and academy and got shut of Rafas youth setup altogether?

Don't think JK has had the benefit of 3.5 years to be judged and fully accountable for our youth. I can guarantee though they have all experienced an unprecedented learning curve since his arrival.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #367: Jan 09, 2017 12:33:04 pm
      As

And again, as stated, I don't need somebody like you to tell me what it takes to support Liverpool. I don't have to explain myself to you.

And what teenagers have I thrown under the bus? The three players I was most disappointed with yesterday were Moreno, Can and Stewart. None are teenagers. Two are internationals. None of those three I believe are good enough for a starting place in our team. I'm happy to state that.

Joe Gomez is 19 and I gave him motm, I thought he was brilliant, I think he has been brilliant every time he has put a red shirt on, so you're talking bollocks as per.

I also said Woodburn shown glimpses. He wanted to create something, he wanted to try something, he wanted to take his chance in the team. He found it difficult to be honest and he didn't have the best of games but you could still see that he is a capable footballer, he has a good touch, quick movement and so on. He is one Im looking forward to seeing again. Those few moments he had were enough.

Ejaria hasn't impressed me so far and neither has Ojo really. As my post states, they have had less game time than stewart so im prepared to give them more time before I write them off as not good enough. They are far younger too.  Stewart on the other hand, ive made my mind up on him, hes 23 for fucks sake. So I haven't written any teenagers off at all.

Yesterdays performance was dire. The pace was too slow and we had 8 or 9 outfield players who were far too cautious. Woodburn had a shot from memory about 18-20 yards out that he spooned towards the corner flag. He still got a clap for his effort though. That's what we want to see, somebody f**king having a go, not playing safe with 5 yard sideways passing. This is there chance, they wont get many, and you have to be a lion, not a sheep. You need to have a f**king go and I didn't see any of that yesterday, and in previous appearances made.

Quick Reply