Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Plymouth?

Loris Karius
      4 (4.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      7 (8.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      14 (16.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      4 (4.7%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.7%)
      Kevin Stewart
      23 (26.7%)
      Emre Can
      2 (2.3%)
      Ovie Ejaria
      2 (2.3%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      1 (1.2%)
      Ben Woodburn
      17 (19.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      8 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Jan 12, 2017 03:29:17 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Plymouth Argyle: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29711 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Plymouth Argyle: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Jan 08, 2017 10:22:51 pm
      Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ  1h1 hour ago
      Liverpool are unbeaten at Anfield in 25 matches & have suffered just one defeat in last 23 clashes across all competitions. (@MelissaReddy_)

Makes for nice reading.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #323: Jan 08, 2017 11:14:43 pm
      Keith PM me the article. It is 3 years old from the Metro. Even if it is true it is 2004-2014 not 2007-2017.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #324: Jan 08, 2017 11:25:27 pm
      Well, that was boring.

A poor result we didn't really need.

It also puts things into perspective a bit for those of us who don't get to see the 'kids' play that often.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #325: Jan 09, 2017 12:01:55 am
      Quote from bigmick
      Playing the same team (or even younger/"weaker") is an absolute given. We simply cannot afford to have our first team players embroiled in a dog fight on a likely cabbage patch of a pitch at this stage of the season, if it were a choice of fielding a full strength team and winning or a reserve team and losing my guess is we'd go for the latter.

The (potential) trip to Anfield South in April/May, is worth fielding a decent team down in Plymouth. Because if we don't, we're a flick or a set piece away from going out of the Cup.

I'm reluctant to hold Klopp responsible for today, as any coach would have done the same, however I don't like to see so many changes at once, I'll never advocate doing so, as its a huge gamble, and not for the first time, it didn't work.

The 3rd Round of the Cup may be an inconvenience for big clubs, as all the spotlight is on the opposition. But there's still a right way to go about ties like this, such as the League Cup tie at Burton Albion. Field a strong side, get the job done with the minimum of fuss, and go home. And then there's the way today, which is throw a pile of teenagers and youngsters into the deep end. This is not the U-18 league where nobody cares whether you win or not. This is senior team football where results count, and obviously many of them are not up to this level as of yet, so it's unfair on them to be out there until they are. It's also a statement to more experienced players that they're not first choice here, which doesn't help their own morale either.

Nobody wants this replay, but it's our own fault. Now we have to go down there and just get the job done. We can't afford to go out of the competition to a pub side. That means doing a professional job as we did at Burton Albion. If we do that, we'll be fine, because regardless how much it inconveniences us in the short term, that's what we have to do.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #326: Jan 09, 2017 12:12:25 am
      Just browsing some comments on here and they are truly tragic.

Blaming the mighty Plymouth Argyle for our own faults.  :lmao:

How dare a team from division two stop us from playing, the cheek of it.

It's like the twighlight zone in here at times.

This wasn't Chelsea: a team full of multi millionaires parking the bus; it was Plymouth FFS!

And people are ranting about their game which resulted in a turgid f**king draw.

We are the home team, we are the millionaires, it's our youngsters who cost more than their entire team which is probably made up with as many loan players as it is permanent contracts.

We are the Goliath, they are the David.

And yet, imbeciles on here will do anything to deflect the blame of a performance and result onto a club of minnows.

It was our job as Goliath, to get the early goal and proceed to put the game to bed. All they needed to do was stick with a gameplan until the conceded. But they didn't concede and their game plan didn't have to change.

That is on us. Nobody f**king else.

F**k me, a GM Vauxhall conference side almost and they get the blame for our game.  :lmao:

« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2017 12:35:05 am by Beerbelly »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #327: Jan 09, 2017 04:31:14 am
      Agree with Beerbelly. How anybody can be critical of Plymouths game plan is quite staggering. Any team who visits Anfield are well in their rights to play however the f**k they want too so stop moaning you sound like a bunch of f**king bitter blues. Instead of whinging and pointing fingers at a league 2 side because we couldn't break them down why not point the finger at some of the lads in a red shirt today or are you too scared that the forum will shout at you?

I sit high up in the upper centenary and have a birds eye view of the pitch, I thought Plymouths shape was brilliant for 90mins. They worked their bollocks off too and deserved their replay. I thought we, however, were f**king dreadful and as usual people are making excuses for whenever we play poorly.

We were far too slow, there was no energy, no pace, nothing. We didn't use the flanks, we didn't look at getting in behind their back line despite them sitting deep, we had no plan B.

It doesn't matter who we play whether it's man united or Plymouth, when a team parks the bus we really struggle to break them down. We haven't got a David silva type player if you like who can unlock a tight defence with a pass. Instead we have an energetic team who rely on the opposition coming out and having a go at us so we can punish them on the counter. That was never going to happen today. It's 4.15am and if we were still playing now we wouldn't have scored.

Anyway, I have no problem with calling some of our players out no matter how young or inexperienced they are. If any of the super fans want to challenge me then put your money where your mouth is and let's make some bets then.

You can usually spot a mile off who has it and who doesn't and there were plenty of players out there today who sadly don't have what it takes.  You can all sit there and make excuses and pretend otherwise if you want too but that's the reality of the matter. For some reason people find it hard to accept because they're local or they've been at the academy for years though.

Karius - not tested.

TAA - The lad is ok. Nothing better than that though. Nowhere near the standard of Clyne so he won't be fighting for his shirt any time soon. Is he any better than Flanno, Martin Kelly or Randall who are some of the other young full backs we've seen in recent years? No, not in my opinion.

Gomez - didn't put a foot wrong and had a big strong powerful feller to deal with. My motm. Thought he was excellent on the ball too, calm and composed. He will be some player. Him and Matip will be a boss pairing.

Lucas - reliable as always, didn't put a foot wrong. Has another season in him to help out in these sort of games.

Moreno - sh*t. Since he has been dropped from the team he hasn't gotten forward anywhere near as much as he once did. Despite being sh*t at least he once offered us some width and pace but we don't even get that from him any more. To be fair, he's probably under orders not too because he used to lose the ball and get caught out of position too many times but he still needs to pack his bags and go.

Stewart - say it every time he plays but another one who isn't good enough. He's 23 now and he is nowhere near ready to take hendos, lallanas or wijnaldums shirts from them so why is he on our books? Why do we pay him? What's the point? So he can play 0-0 draws in the third round of the FA cup at home to Plymouth? Just accept he isn't good enough and get rid. Our standards are high and he's had enough chances now and he hasn't taken them.

Can - if he wasn't German then I honestly don't think Jürgen would play him as often as he does. He irritates the sh*t out of me. He's a big powerful lad who has potential to be a beast but his decision making is dreadful. I hate the way he can't play a game without doing a step over or without moaning at the ref at some point too, he's really doing my f**king head in at the moment. I've questioned whether he is good enough for our XI for a while now. Squad player at best for me. I actually think he would make a better right back/centre half than he does a centre mid. His best days in a red shirt came from when Brendan played him in a back three.

Ejaria - seen him a handful of times now and I predict he will never make it here. That said, he has had less chances than somebody like Stewart so I'm prepared to be a bit more patient with him.

Woodburn - didn't play particularly well but you can see there is a player in him definitely. He showed a few glimpses. He looked to me like he wasn't scared to try something, that he is prepared to take his chance and that was the difference between him and some of the others who were far too cautious playing five yard passes to each other and were sh*t scared for 90mins. Looking forward to seeing Woodburn again.

Ojo - disappointed with ojo today and I feel the same way about him than I do with ejaria. Gut feeling tells me he isn't good enough but I'm prepared to give him a little more time before I completely write him off.

Origi - sh*te today truth be told but we have all seen what he can do on his day, no problem with him being on our books at all and i like the lad a lot.

There is no dressing this up in any other way, a 0-0 draw at home to Plymouth is f**king embarrassing and it's a bad day at the office for us. Let's see what happens in the replay, I want the same team to play and I want a f**king reaction. I want them to go down there and f**king smash them to pieces, prove to Jürgen and to the fans that they have what it takes to play for LFC. 

Today wasn't good enough, plain and simple.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #328: Jan 09, 2017 07:16:06 am
      Enough with this struggle to break down the buses stuff. Can someone please tell me which team in the premiere league does successfully break the buses in games whilst playing their youngsters. And, we have broken many buses this year, hence its the reason we are second in the league and scored the most goals in the league, semi's of the league cup whilst being halfway through the season.

Seems some people just need a reason to moan. The average age of the squad was 21.3 yesterday in which quite a few lads were below 21 years of age.

Some of the youngsters don't fill some of you with confidence? Well, thats why they are youngsters who are playing the Under 23's , not full fledged professionals. No matter what you think, if the whole team is inside their 18 yard box, then fucks knows what we will break down.

"As to Plymouth's shape was excellent", hardly a shape when you are sitting in your f**king goal, whilst playing against a team of teenagers.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #329: Jan 09, 2017 07:19:50 am
      Agree with Beerbelly. How anybody can be critical of Plymouths game plan is quite staggering. Any team who visits Anfield are well in their rights to play however the f**k they want too so stop moaning you sound like a bunch of f**king bitter blues. Instead of whinging and pointing fingers at a league 2 side because we couldn't break them down why not point the finger at some of the lads in a red shirt today or are you too scared that the forum will shout at you?

I sit high up in the upper centenary and have a birds eye view of the pitch, I thought Plymouths shape was brilliant for 90mins. They worked their bollocks off too and deserved their replay. I thought we, however, were f**king dreadful and as usual people are making excuses for whenever we play poorly.

We were far too slow, there was no energy, no pace, nothing. We didn't use the flanks, we didn't look at getting in behind their back line despite them sitting deep, we had no plan B.

It doesn't matter who we play whether it's man united or Plymouth, when a team parks the bus we really struggle to break them down. We haven't got a David silva type player if you like who can unlock a tight defence with a pass. Instead we have an energetic team who rely on the opposition coming out and having a go at us so we can punish them on the counter. That was never going to happen today. It's 4.15am and if we were still playing now we wouldn't have scored.

Anyway, I have no problem with calling some of our players out no matter how young or inexperienced they are. If any of the super fans want to challenge me then put your money where your mouth is and let's make some bets then.

You can usually spot a mile off who has it and who doesn't and there were plenty of players out there today who sadly don't have what it takes.  You can all sit there and make excuses and pretend otherwise if you want too but that's the reality of the matter. For some reason people find it hard to accept because they're local or they've been at the academy for years though.

Karius - not tested.

TAA - The lad is ok. Nothing better than that though. Nowhere near the standard of Clyne so he won't be fighting for his shirt any time soon. Is he any better than Flanno, Martin Kelly or Randall who are some of the other young full backs we've seen in recent years? No, not in my opinion.

Gomez - didn't put a foot wrong and had a big strong powerful feller to deal with. My motm. Thought he was excellent on the ball too, calm and composed. He will be some player. Him and Matip will be a boss pairing.

Lucas - reliable as always, didn't put a foot wrong. Has another season in him to help out in these sort of games.

Moreno - sh*t. Since he has been dropped from the team he hasn't gotten forward anywhere near as much as he once did. Despite being sh*t at least he once offered us some width and pace but we don't even get that from him any more. To be fair, he's probably under orders not too because he used to lose the ball and get caught out of position too many times but he still needs to pack his bags and go.

Stewart - say it every time he plays but another one who isn't good enough. He's 23 now and he is nowhere near ready to take hendos, lallanas or wijnaldums shirts from them so why is he on our books? Why do we pay him? What's the point? So he can play 0-0 draws in the third round of the FA cup at home to Plymouth? Just accept he isn't good enough and get rid. Our standards are high and he's had enough chances now and he hasn't taken them.

Can - if he wasn't German then I honestly don't think Jürgen would play him as often as he does. He irritates the sh*t out of me. He's a big powerful lad who has potential to be a beast but his decision making is dreadful. I hate the way he can't play a game without doing a step over or without moaning at the ref at some point too, he's really doing my f**king head in at the moment. I've questioned whether he is good enough for our XI for a while now. Squad player at best for me. I actually think he would make a better right back/centre half than he does a centre mid. His best days in a red shirt came from when Brendan played him in a back three.

Ejaria - seen him a handful of times now and I predict he will never make it here. That said, he has had less chances than somebody like Stewart so I'm prepared to be a bit more patient with him.

Woodburn - didn't play particularly well but you can see there is a player in him definitely. He showed a few glimpses. He looked to me like he wasn't scared to try something, that he is prepared to take his chance and that was the difference between him and some of the others who were far too cautious playing five yard passes to each other and were sh*t scared for 90mins. Looking forward to seeing Woodburn again.

Ojo - disappointed with ojo today and I feel the same way about him than I do with ejaria. Gut feeling tells me he isn't good enough but I'm prepared to give him a little more time before I completely write him off.

Origi - sh*te today truth be told but we have all seen what he can do on his day, no problem with him being on our books at all and i like the lad a lot.

There is no dressing this up in any other way, a 0-0 draw at home to Plymouth is f**king embarrassing and it's a bad day at the office for us. Let's see what happens in the replay, I want the same team to play and I want a f**king reaction. I want them to go down there and f**king smash them to pieces, prove to Jürgen and to the fans that they have what it takes to play for LFC. 

Give your F***ing head a wobble lad I bet your one of the moany bas**rds who groans at every missed pass and mistake during the game.

It's because of this attitude the place was a F***ing library and we were outsung by 9000 Plymouth fans for 90 minutes. Your assessment of the performance of some of the young lads making their debut in front of 50,000 is embarrassing as is your observation that Plymouth held wonderful shape. It's an indictment on English football that fans like you and pundits alike can applaud the deployed tactics its why Ingeuund are sh*te and will never win anything because anti football rugby style tactics are being deployed and hailed as being genius.

Whilst I can appreciate Plymouth being miles below us and not taking anything away from their big day I will not sit here and listen to people proclaim their manager a mastermind of some sort.

Your whining about us not being able to get in behind them I would have assumed you're birds eye view would have enabled you to see that they were dropped so deep at times they had a flat line of 5 in front of their 6 yard box at times out lads would be beating their "last" line of defence to only end up running the ball out of play.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #330: Jan 09, 2017 07:56:44 am

Karius - not tested.

Good post Mate honest appraisal. The point about Stewart very apt heard somewhere 10M has been quoted as offered for him I would drive him there myself for that figure. Sometimes you have to just cut your losses and move on never going to challenge Hendo and will only play in games like this
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #331: Jan 09, 2017 08:50:16 am
      It's heart-warming to see that Liverpool have improved sufficiently over the past 18 months that people now see a home 0-0 from our youngest ever team with over 75% possession and restricting the opposition to one shot on target as

Looks like our standards have finally been re-aligned so that's good news.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #332: Jan 09, 2017 08:54:03 am
      I can't believe people writing off so many youngsters, Maybe I shouldn't be so shocked with our fan base!

Its all well expecting them to beat a Division 2 team but how many of you actually watch youth football, they don't play against teams who park the bus. Hell even our senior team struggle against this type of anti football so expecting an inexperienced team to smash them is just ridiculous.

To see the potential of young players you would normally see a couple of them playing in the senior team and then judge, and all the ones maybe apart from Stewart maybe, who is not really a youngster have suggested they have some sort of future at LFC.

« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2017 09:04:16 am by HScRed1 »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #333: Jan 09, 2017 09:03:20 am
      Haha, I also dislike much of the mentality in English football but to use this against Plymouth is seriously misguided... so what, a League Two team has parked the bus - what did you expect them to do? Play 3-4-3 interchangeable attacking football with a touch of 1970's Ajax Total Football? There's a reason why Plymouth was the very first League Two side EVER not to lose at Anfield. Credit to them for doing this. It's unbelievable that people are trying to hold a grudge against a team for playing defensively when their wage bill is probably smaller than a single one of our players.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #334: Jan 09, 2017 09:03:20 am
      It's heart-warming to see that Liverpool have improved sufficiently over the past 18 months that people now see a home 0-0 from our youngest ever team with over 75% possession and restricting the opposition to one shot on target as

Looks like our standards have finally been re-aligned so that's good news.

What has the last 18 months got to do with anything? I'd have said the same thing under Rodgers, under Roy, whoever you want. It's the third round of the FA cup at home to Plymouth, and you're made up because they had one or two shots?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #335: Jan 09, 2017 09:09:21 am
      What has the last 18 months got to do with anything? I'd have said the same thing under Rodgers, under Roy, whoever you want. It's the third round of the FA cup at home to Plymouth, and you're made up because they had one or two shots?

The mind boggles.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #336: Jan 09, 2017 09:26:35 am
      Superfans out in force today. Now, not only are you not supposed to criticise OUR performance you're not allowed to say well done to Plymouth either. Very odd.

I haven't seen anybody BTW say anything other than fair play to them for sticking at it and giving their all. Nobody is pretending they played us off the park or anything, I can't understand why people are so sensitive.

Course if Rodgers was still in charge those very same people who are berating any dissenters now would be calling it a "tactical masterclass" by their manager (sorry, don't know his name) and saying that he "schooled" Rodgers, probably even suggesting that we "could do worse than hire him as our new defensive coach".

Much has changed in eighteen months, and it's not just on the pitch  :lmao:.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #337: Jan 09, 2017 09:32:28 am
      An example of what it means to a Plymouth fan: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jan/09/plymouth-argyle-liverpool-fa-cup-josh-widdicombe Yeah they know it wasn't pretty football, but they're a League Two side playing at Anfield, for fucks sake!

It actually wasn't my first time watching Plymouth live this season, as I saw them at Accrington Stanley a couple of weeks ago (they won, 1-0).

Their keeper was very good in that game and also again at Anfield. The observation in the link I posted that he kicks the ball really strongly up in the air was something that also stood out for me in Accrington - some of his kicks were insane, nearly got into the opposition's box haha.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #338: Jan 09, 2017 09:39:25 am
      its why Ingeuund are sh*te and will never win anything because anti football rugby style tactics are being deployed and hailed as being genius.

Tell you what, in Brazil, when a fourth division team plays a first division one away from home, they park the bus (or try).

Oh and yes, we have 5 of those World Cups.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #339: Jan 09, 2017 09:43:31 am
      Tell you what, in Brazil, when a fourth division team plays a first division one away from home, they park the bus (or try).

Oh and yes, we have 5 of those World Cups.

And if the first division team decided to play with a team of youngsters and could only draw would they be written off.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #340: Jan 09, 2017 09:44:17 am
      Do we already know when the replay is? I would actually enjoy seeing Liverpool at a League Two club, the problem is that train tickets are far too expensive in this country! haha
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #341: Jan 09, 2017 09:53:06 am
      Pretty awful game to watch but i'm not gona be to harsh on the young lads. I'm betting that is the first time that team has played together and it just didn't come off. The first team have given us displays just as bad ( Burnley away )

What stuck in my craw was the utterly useless display by CAN , LUCAS , ORIGI and MORENO  who did F**k all in the game and showed no encouragement or inspiration to the young lads. I thought Gomez was excellent and that was it.

Plymouth came and did a job ( whether you agree with it or not is of no concern to them ) and have a replay at home with a loud , hostile crowd behind them , this is a result for them .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #342: Jan 09, 2017 10:00:51 am
      Just browsing some comments on here and they are truly tragic.

Blaming the mighty Plymouth Argyle for our own faults.  :lmao:

How dare a team from division two stop us from playing, the cheek of it.

It's like the twighlight zone in here at times.

This wasn't Chelsea: a team full of multi millionaires parking the bus; it was Plymouth FFS!

And people are ranting about their game which resulted in a turgid f**king draw.

We are the home team, we are the millionaires, it's our youngsters who cost more than their entire team which is probably made up with as many loan players as it is permanent contracts.

We are the Goliath, they are the David.

And yet, imbeciles on here will do anything to deflect the blame of a performance and result onto a club of minnows.

It was our job as Goliath, to get the early goal and proceed to put the game to bed. All they needed to do was stick with a gameplan until the conceded. But they didn't concede and their game plan didn't have to change.

That is on us. Nobody f**king else.

F**k me, a GM Vauxhall conference side almost and they get the blame for our game.  :lmao:

PISH,

We are the millionaires, we are Goliath?

What the f**k are you talking about?

We played essentially a U23 side against a well established experienced league two team who play week in week out, who didn't play football, parked their double f***in deckers and are getting accolades for drawing with the mighty Liverpool,

Stop smoking the dogshite  Belly and look at it for what it is,
      Had we somewhere near a full strength side out I'd take your point,  but we didn't and although disappointing it's not as disastrous as ppl are making out,

Those kids play at a level way below that of league two and certainly not as regular,  so your talking bollocks if you think that they would simply breeze past Argyle at a canter,
      Ffs even our first team struggle to break through the bus parkers,

What pisses me off is a experienced Div 2 team who SHOULD be capable of at least coming to Anfield and to  put up some sort of fight, Derek Adams would have seen the Liverpool team sheet in plenty of time to change tact, and realise that his charges with the right application would have a fair chance of getting a result,  but no, they from the first whistle parked their buses and killed the game,  killed any hope for their fans, killed any hope of entertainment,  and put yet another nail in the coffin of the beautiful game,

Like I said before their tactics would have been bang on if they were up against a fully fit Liverpool first team and deserved all the plaudits,

So no they don't deserve any praise not from me they don't, it's great for them financially perhaps but a as far as Football is concerned their performance is nothing short of disgraceful, and anybody having a pop at our young lads is also a f***in disgrace.

YNWA
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #343: Jan 09, 2017 10:03:45 am
      Pretty dire game if I'm honest. Is there anyone of those youngsters who can cover for the likes of Mane....absolutely not.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #344: Jan 09, 2017 10:18:29 am
      Give your f**king head a wobble lad I bet your one of the moany bas**rds who groans at every missed pass and mistake during the game.

It's because of this attitude the place was a f**king library and we were outsung by 9000 Plymouth fans for 90 minutes. Your assessment of the performance of some of the young lads making their debut in front of 50,000 is embarrassing as is your observation that Plymouth held wonderful shape. It's an indictment on English football that fans like you and pundits alike can applaud the deployed tactics its why Ingeuund are sh*te and will never win anything because anti football rugby style tactics are being deployed and hailed as being genius.

Whilst I can appreciate Plymouth being miles below us and not taking anything away from their big day I will not sit here and listen to people proclaim their manager a mastermind of some sort.

Your whining about us not being able to get in behind them I would have assumed you're birds eye view would have enabled you to see that they were dropped so deep at times they had a flat line of 5 in front of their 6 yard box at times out lads would be beating their "last" line of defence to only end up running the ball out of play.

Yeah. You're right. I do moan when five yard passes go astray or when we have 80% possession against a league 2 side at home and test their goalie once maybe twice in 90 minutes. I moan when our play is too slow, when it's all too obvious and when there is no plan B. I'm not one to sit with my tinted glasses on and make excuses up for when we play sh*t, I say it how it is game by game. When we play well I'll be the first one to say, when we play like we did yesterday I'll also pipe up and say it wasn't good enough.

Is that the reason why anfield is a graveyard because people like me want the absolute best for this football club is it? Because I won't accept a 0-0 draw at home to Plymouth as a good run out or or a great experience? Because I demand high standards? Yeah alright lad, you can pipe right down.

Plymouth did have good shape, they were disciplined the whole game and cut mistakes right down to a minimum. The were well drilled, well organised and they worked hard. Fair play to them.  The only thing embarrassing here is you crying like a little bi*ch because they didn't turn up and play like Barcelona, which would have played right into our hands and no doubt we won have won 8-0. So maybe you should give your head a wobble.

Quick Reply