Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Norwegians in Liverpool

Read 6214 times
      EGS
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 3 posts |
      Norwegians in Liverpool
      Jan 08, 2017 05:33:51 pm
      Hey guys.

So I am just another of the Norwegians that have Liverpool close to my heart. For me it has always been like that, I've always been addicted to football, and growing up in the Norwegian country side without a profesional club to really support. Also add that the Norwegian teams aren't really good.

So hey - I've wondered a lot about what you - yes, you local lads really thinks about the Norwegian invasion of your beautiful city and Anfield with all from 500 to 1500 people occupying the seats at Anfield every week.

Yes - Liverpool are a world wide football club with far from travelling supporters, but we - Norwegians - travel to Liverpool every single weekend, even when there's no match being played.

I'd really like to hear your opinion, both positive and negative. That's something I've thinked alot about, even when I'm over the sea myself.

Wish you all a happy new year (a bit late, but hey).
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Norwegians in Liverpool
      Reply #1: Jan 12, 2017 07:52:51 pm
      Hey guys.

So I am just another of the Norwegians that have Liverpool close to my heart. For me it has always been like that, I've always been addicted to football, and growing up in the Norwegian country side without a profesional club to really support. Also add that the Norwegian teams aren't really good.

So hey - I've wondered a lot about what you - yes, you local lads really thinks about the Norwegian invasion of your beautiful city and Anfield with all from 500 to 1500 people occupying the seats at Anfield every week.

Yes - Liverpool are a world wide football club with far from travelling supporters, but we - Norwegians - travel to Liverpool every single weekend, even when there's no match being played.

I'd really like to hear your opinion, both positive and negative. That's something I've thinked alot about, even when I'm over the sea myself.

Happy New Year to you mate.
      Norski are sound and I speak from experience.
      Drinking with the Norski seamen decades ago in the alehouses on the dock road and in Garston and right up to date two Norwegian friends we have who we met on holiday, unfortunately Inge only goes fishing and John Ole supports Chelsea!! We see them again next time.

I know there is a strong Norwegian contingency at the game who are as loyal as any supporter and just as mad about LFC.

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #2: Jan 15, 2017 08:26:28 am
      Hey guys.

Not a local - but have spent a fair bit of time in Liverpool and my Father lived in Liverpool for many years... From what I have heard and seen the Scandinavian fans are really liked by everyone. To be honest, never heard a bad word spoken about them...
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #3: Jul 02, 2017 02:51:24 pm
      Bit late to the party here but here's my view, which is the view of many others I know too.

You can be from Norway or Netherton, if you're a n*b ed, you're a n*b ed. if you're sound, you're sound.

As long as you don't act the tw*t in and around the ground, understand the ethos of the club and the fans and make some f***in noise at the game, you'll be more than welcomed by us locals.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Jul 02, 2017 07:57:30 pm
      Bit late to the party here but here's my view, which is the view of many others I know too.

You can be from Norway or Netherton, if you're a n*b ed, you're a n*b ed. if you're sound, you're sound.

As long as you don't act the tw*t in and around the ground, understand the ethos of the club and the fans and make some f***in noise at the game, you'll be more than welcomed by us locals.

Well said la  ;)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Jul 02, 2017 08:27:13 pm
      In my experience Norwegian reds ate F***ing mental (in a good way)

Quick Reply