Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool and Dortmund fans win FIFA fan award

Read 2130 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Liverpool and Dortmund fans win FIFA fan award
      Jan 09, 2017 06:45:59 pm
      Liverpool FC fans and Borussia Dortmund fans won the award in recognition of their behaviour, respect, and brilliant attitude on that incredible night - in particular the singing of YNWA.

Aside from the award, what's really impressive is the statement put out by BVB - What a tribute!! Great respect. What a club!

Thank you very much! It was not only singing when fans of Liverpool FC and Dortmund smashed "You'll Never Walk Alone" that night - indeed it was more: It was paying tribute by supporters of two big clubs for the 96 victims of the dreadful 1989 Hillsborough disaster. So in Borussia Dortmund's opinion, this title should belong to the "96". Heja BVB and #JFT96 http://bit.ly/2i9Bc5I

https://www.facebook.com/FIFAFootballAwards/photos/a.538895029519971.1073741830.526077330801741/1247570918652375/?type=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsl5achBKxE
      « Last Edit: Jan 09, 2017 07:30:02 pm by DanMann, Reason: Thanks to the \'mod\' who grabbed my \'hash\' of a post and made it presentable!! :) »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Liverpool and Dortmund fans win FIFA fan award
      Reply #1: Jan 09, 2017 08:19:35 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: Jan 09, 2017 10:43:43 pm
      As nice as this was, in terms of fair play nothing touches what Atletico Nacional (club and fans) did this year.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Jan 09, 2017 11:01:04 pm
      Quite right to....one of the best nights of my life being on the Kop for this game and its up there with the very best of them all, richly deserved. YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4: Jan 09, 2017 11:19:49 pm
      Fantastich .
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5: Jan 10, 2017 01:00:38 pm
      Never posted about this before. I was in a crackin' pub in a tiny village called Crantock, Cornwall for that game on our Easter holiday. It was in many ways a perfect week - a return to the holidays of my youth and a chance to share it with my wife and kids.

The week reached a crescendo with the 2hrs or so around this game. Me, the kids and another rabid red local (who I've never met before but will almost certainly buy an ale or 2 this Easter!) blasted out YNWA at the top of our voices before the game.

We then fell into a deep despair in the first 10 mins - youngest, fighting back the tears turned to his iPad after 20 mins as he couldn't take it and the eldest using a few choice words that incurred his mother's wrath.......

At 20 mins - I ordered my first pint in 5 months and necked it in jig time, then another. At this point my wife reminded me of a time sitting in a tiny hotel bar in Portugal in May 2005.......

Anyways.......from that moment on both me and the other guy kept telling the kids to keep believing and wait and see.....invoking the spirit of Istanbul.......plus a renewed and familiar sense of optimism (inebriation!).

So we all know now how it ends so I'll cut to the moment that big Dejan's header hit the back of the net and I did a full length knee slide across the carpet in this traditional Cornish boozer and me, the kids, the other red and about 5 locals (who obviously fancied a hug!) ended up in a huddle.....once again singing YNWA.

Magic memories that me and the kids will have forever.

Oh and more importantly - what a touch of class from Borussia Dortmund
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #6: Jan 10, 2017 01:14:10 pm
      I was in a crackin' pub in a tiny village called Crantock,

I know that pub, been in it myself mate  ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #7: Jan 10, 2017 01:29:03 pm
      I know that pub, been in it myself mate  ;D

It's a cracker Debs - we're givin' some thought to going back down again for New Year 2017/18.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8: Jan 10, 2017 01:50:47 pm
      It's a cracker Debs - we're givin' some thought to going back down again for New Year 2017/18.

Don't blame you mate, I love it round Crantock.  So wild and unspoilt considering how close it is to Newquay.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #9: Jan 10, 2017 04:38:59 pm
      Didn't the club get a fine from uefa for fireworks that night? just checked 11,000 euro fine,maybe fifa should pay it.
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2017 05:18:54 pm by Boston not la »

Quick Reply