Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Criminal Suspects Identified Regarding Hillsborough Disaster

Read 55089 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Criminal Suspects Identified Regarding Hillsborough Disaster
      Reply #23: Jun 28, 2017 12:30:16 pm
      It's been a long wait for justice, let the courts do their work and then we can all have our say.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24: Jun 28, 2017 01:01:56 pm
      Venting your spleen on the internet isn't going to make you feel better but could give a lawyer a get out for one of those charged if one of the jurors could be proven to have been influenced by something they read on the internet.

People will be voicing their opinions in households and workplaces all over the world but bitching on facebook, twitter etc isn't required anyway is it?

If you know what I mean mate.

But social media is global isn't it? So people from around the world could make comments that are just as easily read by those in Engerland as in Bangladesh.

I wouldn't want justice to be perverted in any way, and I hope those implicated get what they deserve, I just find it hilarious that the average citizen isn't allowed to have their say (regardless of its vitriol or validity) because it could somehow taint the process of justice.

I can understand those in the media not being allowed to provide commentary (although that's still odd as freedom of the press is a cornerstone of a free society) but there'd be no foolproof way to prove what was said on social media came from a British citizen.

Sorry, it just seems weird to me. Failing all that, I hope the families of the 96 and all those personally affected get a final amount of closure and justice.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #25: Jun 28, 2017 01:08:30 pm
      Hillsborough families spend 28 years in a quest for justice for their dead relatives.  On the day action is announced people want to argue about contempt of court laws of the United Kingdom.

I do wonder about some of you.

Well done to the investigation teams on uncovering enough evidence that the CPS deem them worthy of prosecutions - all too often high profile cases seem to fall by the wayside.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26: Jun 28, 2017 01:13:22 pm
      Seeing as my posts were deleted i suggest we lock this thread down in case anyone else mentions this case in an unfavorable way.
      Perhaps we should also petition all the newspapers not to run stories about and has someone already been in touch with Facebook and Twitter to make sure they block any tweets or posts about it. Perhaps we can also ask Google to block any searches on the subject.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27: Jun 28, 2017 01:24:36 pm
      Absolutely made up with the decision by CPS, trials to start beginning of August.

This is for the victims, the survivors, the families and everyone else whoever fought to get to this point. Whenever you were asked "what is it you lot want"

THIS IS WHAT WE WANTED!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #28: Jun 28, 2017 02:15:31 pm
      Seeing as my posts were deleted i suggest we lock this thread down in case anyone else mentions this case in an unfavorable way.
      Perhaps we should also petition all the newspapers not to run stories about and has someone already been in touch with Facebook and Twitter to make sure they block any tweets or posts about it. Perhaps we can also ask Google to block any searches on the subject.

Deleting your posts should do the trick I would say.

I was at my local 8-ball comp tonight when I saw the news break that charges had been laid. The news made me happy, which then made me sad - because a victory in such a case is so hollow, because 96 should never have perished. As such lies the catch-22. We will never forget. On a day of victory in light of the events, we still forever hold the pain in our hearts for those that never came home - it will never die.

Justice for the 96. Love for the 96.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #29: Jun 28, 2017 02:23:23 pm
      Hillsborough families spend 28 years in a quest for justice for their dead relatives.  On the day action is announced people want to argue about contempt of court laws of the United Kingdom.

Well done to the investigation teams on uncovering enough evidence that the CPS deem them worthy of prosecutions - all too often high profile cases seem to fall by the wayside.

I'm merely trying to understand the legal issue of speaking out publiclly as it's foreign to me, I apologize if this was taken the wrong way, like I said, the important thing is that justice is served and the families have closure. Far too long have they had to wait.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #30: Jun 28, 2017 03:37:25 pm
      Didn't realise this was being announced today.

What a day, 28 years and that b***ard Duckenfield is going to have to finally face up to what he did. He's been a free a man for longer than some of the victims lived.

But today isn't a day to dwell on such things, justice is finally being brought.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #31: Jun 28, 2017 04:14:03 pm
      Is the person from Sheffield Wednesday being charged because of nobody being there to direct people into side pends when the center pen became crowded? Sorry for my ignorance of UK law. These people standing trial for what happened is the right thing, 28 years too late.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #32: Jun 28, 2017 06:15:29 pm
      Mixed  emotions.

Obviously delighted with the outcome and for the families. But rewatching the footage  on the news is heartbreaking. The cover ups  and lies my God.

Thoughts with the 96 lost tonight
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33: Jun 28, 2017 06:18:00 pm
      Is the person from Sheffield Wednesday being charged because of nobody being there to direct people into side pends when the center pen became crowded? Sorry for my ignorance of UK law. These people standing trial for what happened is the right thing, 28 years too late.

It is about safety certificates and alterations made to the ground
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #34: Jun 28, 2017 06:21:07 pm
      There is a day where I hope I never ever have to use the JFT96 tag again.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #35: Jun 28, 2017 06:45:05 pm
      I'm seeing people tweeting to be careful what is said about the people charged on social media because it could bias a trial.....what happened to freedom of speech (in England)?

If people want to call those charged mass murderers that should be their business and their right. How could that affect a trial?

A tweet from a high profile person that would garner the attention of a large audience is one example.

Jurors have to be able to make their decisions free from potentially prejudicial influences, solely on the facts and issues before them.

We are finally here, so let justice be done.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #36: Jun 28, 2017 06:46:19 pm
      Delighted for the families, they have suffered long enough, and now the end is almost upon them, nothing will ever ease the 28 yrs of family, of weddings , births, birthdays, christmasses, holiday's etc they missed with those they lost, closure is what is important and today they took a step closer,
      i just hope that justice is finally served on those responsible for 28 years of suffering, August can't come quick enough.

My heart goes out to all those families of the '96', you fought for those you lost right to the very end, God bless you all.

You'll Never Walk Alone

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #37: Jun 28, 2017 09:34:38 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38: Jun 28, 2017 09:49:47 pm
      Bernatd Ingham has said he won't apologise so as he hasn't been charged can i call him a sad, bitter, twistef, poisonous old c**t ?
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #39: Jun 28, 2017 09:53:47 pm
      I don't think justice can ever be achieved to right the wrongs and heal the wounds of those affected.  However, retribution is long overdue.  Hopefully this brings some sense of peace and/or closure to the families of those lost. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #40: Jun 28, 2017 10:55:34 pm

It ended up better by not using it as it turns out 😉
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #41: Jun 28, 2017 10:58:33 pm

I've read back from the last post in the thread beside the one I was quoted in and not going to read back further than yours (above) JD.

Really?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: Jun 29, 2017 09:13:23 am
      Bernatd Ingham has said he won't apologise so as he hasn't been charged can i call him a sad, bitter, twistef, poisonous old c**t ?

The b***ard is not worthy of being called the above,to think the tw*t is a so called knight.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #43: Jun 29, 2017 11:57:47 am
      There is a day where I hope I never ever have to use the JFT96 tag again.

Hear hear braw.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #44: Jun 29, 2017 05:24:11 pm
      The b***ard is not worthy of being called the above,to think the tw*t is a so called knight.

Sir Bernard Ingram, Sir David Duckenfield - someone is taking the F***ing piss.
      The F***ing witch's accomplice advising her through the miner's strike and Hillsborough, Duckenfield - a disposable liar.
      The medieval appendage is used to infer superiority and suggest the bearer is beyond reproach, the peasants in those times would be accustomed to barbaric practices as a way of perpetuating a most immoral tradition.

Peasants and barbaric, medieval practices are unjust, evil traits respectively and have been consigned to history.
      Both Ingram and Duckenfield are evil traits and likewise deserving of punishment and consigning to history
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #45: Jun 30, 2017 06:26:46 am
      What has the media coverage of this news been like?

Don't read the papers and been that busy I haven't seen any news.

Quick Reply