Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Criminal Suspects Identified Regarding Hillsborough Disaster

Read 55078 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Criminal Suspects Identified Regarding Hillsborough Disaster
      Reply #92: Mar 27, 2019 12:23:36 am
      The jury has retired to consider the verdicts on Duckenfield and Mackrell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-47693265

There can only be one verdict stuey.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #93: Mar 27, 2019 10:16:37 am
      There can only be one verdict stuey.

The evidence presented is damning Billy and let's hope the truth about Hillsborough and those involved in the cover up will be revealed.
      I just hope it doesn't stop with the verdict on Duckenfield and Mackrell but gives some clue as to why it has taken over 30 years to get to this point with the establishment obstruction at every opportunity.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #94: Mar 27, 2019 04:27:49 pm
      I just will not believe it until I see him behind Bars he is part of the Establishment and they don't like the working man getting one over on them. Even when he is found guilty the sentencing will be intereting.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #95: Mar 27, 2019 04:55:15 pm
      Am i the only one concerned by the time they are taking
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #96: Mar 27, 2019 06:11:41 pm
      Am i the only one concerned by the time they are taking

it feels very much like going through the motions and I am also concerned
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #97: Mar 28, 2019 01:21:31 pm
      Jury are still deliberating.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #98: Mar 28, 2019 01:37:53 pm
      I just will not believe it until I see him behind Bars he is part of the Establishment and they don't like the working man getting one over on them. Even when he is found guilty the sentencing will be intereting.

Let’s not forget the establishment were forced into giving up two of its number to face legal proceedings, they know the outcome will open the prospect of a much deeper examination of the 30+ years of cover-up.
      For that reason a guilty verdict is probably as important as the sentencing handed out.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #99: Mar 31, 2019 02:17:55 pm
      Have a horrible feeling these two are going to get off with it
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #100: Apr 03, 2019 01:00:30 pm
      Retrial for Duckinfield. No verdict no surprise more angst and heartbreak for the Families who just want Justice.
      The Sheffield Weds.Sec guilty of failing to discharge his duty under Health and Safety ACT.
      Surprised ? Not really what is it that the Jury don't get it is for me as clear as daylight he failed to do his duty and people died.
      Its hard to believe but there are still lots of people think the Fans themselves are responsible and I fear this is reflected in this Jury's decision or lack of it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #101: Apr 03, 2019 01:20:39 pm
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #102: Apr 03, 2019 01:21:12 pm
      Retrial for Duckinfield. No verdict no surprise more angst and heartbreak for the Families who just want Justice.
      The Sheffield Weds.Sec guilty of failing to discharge his duty under Health and Safety ACT.
      Surprised ? Not really what is it that the Jury don't get it is for me as clear as daylight he failed to do his duty and people died.
      Its hard to believe but there are still lots of people think the Fans themselves are responsible and I fear this is reflected in this Jury's decision or lack of it.

How the Judge ruled that Duckenfield shouldn't be called to the witness box is beyond me. How could the jury find him guilty when he was never cross examined.

For any retrial would need Duckenfield to be cross examined. Just going over the same evidence won't mean much.Don't know what the criteria is for a retrial but justice denied so far.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #103: Apr 03, 2019 02:14:13 pm
      Can one of my over the pond friends answer this question I have. I've seen a lot of people talking about what you can and can't discuss with regards to this trial (or most trials that happen in England). On Reddit, they even lock threads so that people can't comment, I guess this has something to do with the defendants right to a fair trial. I get that, in America the defendant has a right to a fair trial as well, but things but it's not like people can't comment in the media or on social media about the proceedings, whereas it appears in England you aren't allowed to do that? Just trying to understand how people think that anything said in the media or on social media could possibly influence jurors anymore than they are already influenced by their own bias and opinions?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #104: Apr 03, 2019 07:35:07 pm
      Looks like mackrell will get a fine
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #105: Apr 03, 2019 10:11:24 pm
      Can one of my over the pond friends answer this question I have. I've seen a lot of people talking about what you can and can't discuss with regards to this trial (or most trials that happen in England). On Reddit, they even lock threads so that people can't comment, I guess this has something to do with the defendants right to a fair trial. I get that, in America the defendant has a right to a fair trial as well, but things but it's not like people can't comment in the media or on social media about the proceedings, whereas it appears in England you aren't allowed to do that? Just trying to understand how people think that anything said in the media or on social media could possibly influence jurors anymore than they are already influenced by their own bias and opinions?

If any uncorroberated claims in relation to a legal procedure are made in any format in the public domain any libellous issues can be pursued in a court of law.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #106: Apr 03, 2019 10:14:51 pm

If any uncorroberated claims in relation to a legal procedure are made in any format in the public domain any libellous issues can be pursued in a court of law.

What if they are made by someone that isn’t a UK citizen?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #107: Apr 04, 2019 10:10:06 am
      What if they are made by someone that isn’t a UK citizen?

If they are in the UK at that time the same applies, obviously it could affect any ongoing legal procedure.
      Not entirely certain about matters originating outside of the UK regarding libellous statements.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #108: Apr 08, 2019 06:04:02 pm
      I know how pissed off we all are on here about the outcome of this trial.....so far. Imagine if you can having lost one or more loved one's and 30 years later 12 people still cant get it through their thick skulls the supporters were innocent, there is still an undertone of "blaming those scousers" How on earth these poor people go through this day after day year after year and continually get knocked back but somehow they get back up and keep moving forward and will continue to do so.
      I am absolutely in awe of these people they are just incredible.
      Justice for the 96.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #109: Apr 20, 2019 09:45:38 am
      If it was one of me I’d be doing the same. I don’t post often. Like to keep my thoughts to myself on this matter. But when I heard the result of the trial a couple of weeks ago,I wasn’t surprised. I was just sad. One things for sure though, they’ll keep fighting.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #110: May 13, 2019 07:31:25 pm
      6.5k fine for mackrell. F***ing c**t
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #111: Jun 24, 2019 06:45:12 pm
      The beak will decide tomorrow if Duckenfield is to face a re-trial in relation to the deaths at Hillsborough. .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cdn7d1m9k5et/hillsborough-trials
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #112: Jun 25, 2019 01:12:28 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-48756722

Duck Enfield is to face a retrial on October 7th.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #113: Jun 25, 2019 04:02:41 pm
      Finding a Jury that has no prejudice against the CITY or the Club will be interesting.  There cant be any real defence for this Man but lets wait and see.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #114: Jun 25, 2019 09:23:30 pm
      just been on Pistonhead and probably now will be banned for telling them to just F**k off.
      They basically are posting its Political just trying him until they find him guilty this is what the Families are up against firstly the Establishment closing ranks for 30 years and now the prejudice of ignorant F***ing morons who just don't Like Liverpool the City or the Club

Quick Reply