Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Pre Match : Man Utd v Liverpool : Sunday Jan 15th : 4.00pm

Read 15492 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Pre Match : Man Utd v Liverpool : Sunday Jan 15th : 4.00pm
      Reply #138: Jan 15, 2017 12:59:06 pm
      This would be mine Sturridge for Couts if he cant make full 90 and Can for Gini if not making impact

Sooner start Coutinho and take him off if he can't make 90, rather than bringing him on from the bench. We need a strong start against this lot, knock them for six before they know what's what.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #139: Jan 15, 2017 01:02:05 pm
      This is one of the worst ideas I've ever seen.

Stewart is good, but you can't throw him into the big games especially since Gini has been excellent in the big games this season.
      Why not?... If we want players to rise to the next level then they need to take part, even start "Big Games"

Lallana has been ineffective on the right wing and wonderful in the centre. He's never been good on the wing and never will. Can has been playing terribly lately and can be a liability in big games (and any game)

It has more to do with what they offer overall...Lallana can play wide right and deliver, balls into dangerous areas as can he dribble into the box....While Can would be only asked to operator slight more forward than he normal does... Between Stewart, Can and Henderson that would give us more stability and control in the middle of the park

United is not the time to mix it up and try something different, especially a formation we've never played. You play your best team. You smash the mancs. If all people are fit, this is the team we should play:

Mignolet   
       Clyne      Matip     Lovren    Milner

Henderson       
                    Gini            Lallana

Origi                     Coutinho
                         Firmino 

A little news for you, (a) it is about tactics, doing something Utd, and Jose would not expect... (b) One of our best players is out of the team and at the ACN... Your front three is not klopp first choice pick

Any other team is wrong, full stop.
      Your opinion...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #140: Jan 15, 2017 01:15:19 pm
      RIGHT YOU MISERABLE F***ing LOT, GET YOUR GAME FACES ON
      IT'S MATCH DAY

Send the non Reds out for the day (pay them if you have to), get yourselves comfy, get your scarves out, crack open the beers, put an old game on where we paggered them and put your positive heads on. 

F**k the whinging, f**k the moaning, f**k the complaining, f**k the arguing about tactics, formations, player positions - just get behind Jürgen and the lads and let's get this job done.

Enjoy the game folks and those going in person, drown them out and stay safe  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Happy Birthday Deborah 😜 X

Loving your passion, you are of course bang on, everyone to a man get rid of the neg heads, grab yourself a sh*t load of beers, don your favourite Liverpool shirt, warn the neighbours your gonna get loud, watch some past glory's , then settle down , turn the volume up, and watch us running these fuckers over,

If we play to our potential they won't live with us, the Moaneyone won't park the bus at home , so we will have opportunities aplenty, mid field is key no doubt about it, but their weaker without Ibra, major loss for them, we will miss Mane but can cope, I'd love to see this X1 .......

Mignolet
           Clyde  Matip. Lovren. Milner
                       Henderson
            Lallana        Wijnaldum
          Origi.      Firmino.  Coutinho

Obviously we don't know as yet if Matip, Hendo or even Cou will feature, my guess is they will but for how long and how much of a risk will Jürgen take, with Munts missing Ibra that could decide whether Matip plays,
      It's possible we'll cancel each other out and it could come down to a individual error or a bit of magic,

Anyhoo I'm going for a 1-2 Mighty Reds scrappy win

MON REDS

YNWA

littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #141: Jan 15, 2017 01:17:33 pm
      RIGHT YOU MISERABLE F***ing LOT, GET YOUR GAME FACES ON
      IT'S MATCH DAY

Send the non Reds out for the day (pay them if you have to), get yourselves comfy, get your scarves out, crack open the beers, put an old game on where we paggered them and put your positive heads on. 

F**k the whinging, f**k the moaning, f**k the complaining, f**k the arguing about tactics, formations, player positions - just get behind Jürgen and the lads and let's get this job done.

Enjoy the game folks and those going in person, drown them out and stay safe  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Braveheart speech if ever there was one. Actually made the hairs on my neck stand up.COYR
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #142: Jan 15, 2017 01:24:45 pm

Happy Birthday Deborah 😜 X

Loving your passion, you are of course bang on, everyone to a man get rid of the neg heads, grab yourself a sh*t load of beers, don your favourite Liverpool shirt, warn the neighbours your gonna get loud, watch some past glory's , then settle down , turn the volume up, and watch us running these fuckers over,

If we play to our potential they won't live with us, the Moaneyone won't park the bus at home , so we will have opportunities aplenty, mid field is key no doubt about it, but their weaker without Ibra, major loss for them, we will miss Mane but can cope, I'd love to see this X1 .......

Mignolet
           Clyde  Matip. Lovren. Milner
                       Henderson
            Lallana        Wijnaldum
          Origi.      Firmino.  Coutinho

Obviously we don't know as yet if Matip, Hendo or even Cou will feature, my guess is they will but for how long and how much of a risk will Jürgen take, with Munts missing Ibra that could decide whether Matip plays,
      It's possible we'll cancel each other out and it could come down to a individual error or a bit of magic,

Anyhoo I'm going for a 1-2 Mighty Reds scrappy win

MON REDS

YNWA

Rumours are Phil isn't starting mate and I don't think Matip is even in the squad, so it'll be Klaven at the back with the regulars, Can, Hendo and Gini midfield with Lally, Origi and Bob up top.

Gone for a 2-1 win too mate and they'll probably score first then try to shut up shop. 

Ibra's fit too mate so will probably start.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,653 posts | 6947 
      Reply #143: Jan 15, 2017 01:25:40 pm
      I would think we will be doing as our black kit has black socks as does Utds home kit

Greeny thing it is I would think mate

Wouldn't surprise me if it's the black kit with green socks.  We often seem to go for some horrendous mix and match kit at Old Trafford. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      Reply #144: Jan 15, 2017 01:33:17 pm
      Rumours are Phil isn't starting mate and I don't think Matip is even in the squad, so it'll be Klaven at the back with the regulars, Can, Hendo and Gini midfield with Lally, Origi and Bob up top.

Gone for a 2-1 win too mate and they'll probably score first then try to shut up shop. 

Ibra's fit too mate so will probably start.

Oh ok, like you said tho only rumours, I heard Ibra hadn't recovered so was out, Matip is most likely to be deffo out but I guess we'll just have to wait for official news, still think we will pose a threat but will have to be tighter at the back, no doubt tho that Jürgen & Buvac will have done due diligence and may well spring a wee surprise.

YNWA
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #145: Jan 15, 2017 01:35:57 pm
      Getting that nervy feeling now, will we tw*t them, will they win by a flukey late goal after we have battered them all match, who knows. What I do know is, love the nervy feeling,  really up for this one,  it is the "Big One" so c'mon the Redmen lets have them.

Great post Deb's,  made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, what a rallying call post that was.
      Can't wait for this one, got a feeling that we might just nick it. As long as we turn up, what ever the result is bring it on.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #146: Jan 15, 2017 01:42:10 pm
      Getting that nervy feeling now, will we tw*t them, will they win by a flukey late goal after we have battered them all match, who knows. What I do know is, love the nervy feeling,  really up for this one,  it is the "Big One" so c'mon the Redmen lets have them.

Great post Deb's,  made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, what a rallying call post that was.
      Can't wait for this one, got a feeling that we might just nick it. As long as we turn up, what ever the result is bring it on.

This is a dodgy one we are going into here. I think UTD are gona sit back and hit us on the break. IF everyone turns up though i'm confident we can pinch this.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #147: Jan 15, 2017 01:56:59 pm
      We are obviously struggling for form a bit, but I think they are second rate in the centre of defence and can be got at. Not sure their CM's give them great protection either. So I'd play a diamond and really go at them through the middle rather than out wide -

Mig

Clyne    Lovren      Klavan     Milner

Wijnaldum
                                                             Can                    Lallana

Cou

Sturridge      Origi

I think our back 4 is ok, despite a poor performance in the week. I'd rather have Lovren and Klavan than Jones and Smalling anyway.
      Firmino's been out of form for a month, so I'd drop him ( probably bring him on 20 minutes to go if Coutinho is looking pooped).
      If Hendo is fit he would go in for Can.

Wijnaldum as a holding mid? Huge no from me.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #148: Jan 15, 2017 02:08:01 pm
      Supposedly Sturridge & Coutinho will be starting from the bench today. I'm guessing we'll probably see something like...

Mignolet

Clyne Lovren Klavan Milner

Hendo
      Can       Gini

Origi Firmino Lallana

I don't like Lallana in the attacking front 3 though. Not sure how fit Hendo is either.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,242 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #149: Jan 15, 2017 02:19:15 pm
      HT at woodison city still 1 down
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #150: Jan 15, 2017 02:19:17 pm
      Just heard TAA is starting as Clyne is injured. 

Tis probably just twatter bollocks but ffs what a game for the lad to be thrown into if true.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #151: Jan 15, 2017 02:22:57 pm

Tis probably just twatter bollocks but ffs what a game for the lad to be thrown into if true.

Well if he thrives we know he's a keeper.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #152: Jan 15, 2017 02:25:42 pm

Never seen even if true Milner would go RB and Moreno LB
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #153: Jan 15, 2017 02:27:46 pm
      It says a lot about my opinion of Moreno when I don't know if TAA or Moreno is the worst option. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      Reply #154: Jan 15, 2017 02:30:50 pm
      Never seen even if true Milner would go RB and Moreno LB

I'd rather see TAA on than brainless Moreno, he's a liability, at least Trent will have the passion albeit a baptism of fire, it's probably twatter pish tho so not overly concerned.

1-2 Mighty Reds

YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #155: Jan 15, 2017 02:46:25 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991