Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Pre Match : Man Utd v Liverpool : Sunday Jan 15th : 4.00pm

Read 15527 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Pre Match : Man Utd v Liverpool : Sunday Jan 15th : 4.00pm
      Reply #69: Jan 14, 2017 11:49:25 am
      Balls to the wall stuff all round. Our midfield need to put the work in against this shower of sh*te - no passengers. Up the game and get stuck in 'til it hurts Redmen - first and second to every ball.

Thats all we can ask really. For the XI to give them hell. Any lack of quality in the team at the moment can be compensated with old fashioned hard work.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #70: Jan 14, 2017 12:13:28 pm
      I'm feeling positive. After all, fourteen days ago we beat City.

Its high time we got our mojo back, along with our best midfield and for me there's nothing better than a
      game at the Old Toilet to put the spring back into the red machine.

Sick of the negativity...

YNWA
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #71: Jan 14, 2017 02:41:08 pm
      Massive game now this.

Lose and we could be 5th come Monday.

Nothing less than a draw will do.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,348 posts | 1532 
      Reply #72: Jan 14, 2017 02:48:32 pm
      Let's be honest, the side they drew to Plymouth was mainly a reserve side. The side that played saints was missing four first choice players.
      The last time we had s full side out was against Citeh. We are almost back to full strength so things not as bad as I was fearing.
      If we get amongst them from the off, think we can wind them up and unsettle them.
      Just need to be aware, if that happens they will resort to dropping back and booming long balls over the top. Need Matip to get ibra wrapped up !
      Getting a better feeling about this now. COYM RED MEN !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,554 posts | 1784 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #73: Jan 14, 2017 02:52:42 pm
      Gomez starting LB ? v man U, after 1 game back at CB. WTF. ;D.

Klopp wont change much from the team that started v southampton, unless injury or sickness forces him to do otherwise.

Coutinho will start ahead of sturridge, Firmino back up top. Mings will come back in too.

Might see hendo for Can. depends on his match fitness \ readyness.

Too early for Matip as well, maybe a bench for him.

So.

-------------- Mings --------------
      - Clyne - Lovren - Klaven - Milner -
      ---- Lallana - Hendo - Wijnaldum -
           --- Coutinho - Firmino -
                   ---- Origi ---
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #74: Jan 14, 2017 03:51:37 pm
      Had a nightmare last night that we got beat 5-0 but I'm not sure how much to read into it seeing as Didier Drogba(?!?!) came off the bench to score the last two in injury time.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,222 posts | 1222 
      Reply #75: Jan 14, 2017 03:54:47 pm
      Had a nightmare last night that we got beat 5-0 but I'm not sure how much to read into it seeing as Didier Drogba(?!?!) came off the bench to score the last two in injury time.

:lmao:
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #76: Jan 14, 2017 04:07:26 pm

Gis a pint of what your on mate 🍺
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #77: Jan 14, 2017 04:17:59 pm
      Massive game now this.

Lose and we could be 5th come Monday.

Nothing less than a draw will do.

Yep. This is how precarious it is now. How we didn't beat Sunderland i just can't quite believe. A hopeless team. Put huge pressure on ourselves and that alone could hurt us.

This is a huge game. Seems to me those around us will all win today. City could easily turn over the bitters. We can't have United down our necks in their form, with a big game against Chelsea coming up.

If we can somehow win there, we have breathing space again.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #78: Jan 14, 2017 04:54:20 pm
      Gis a pint of what your on mate 🍺

Or a toke of it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #79: Jan 14, 2017 05:04:38 pm
      Yep. This is how precarious it is now. How we didn't beat Sunderland i just can't quite believe. A hopeless team. Put huge pressure on ourselves and that alone could hurt us.

This is a huge game. Seems to me those around us will all win today. City could easily turn over the bitters. We can't have United down our necks in their form, with a big game against Chelsea coming up.

If we can somehow win there, we have breathing space again.

A win would be fantastic but a loss is not really that bad as long as we bounce back and beat the chavs. I still fancy us to win though.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #80: Jan 14, 2017 05:06:40 pm
      No confidence atall going into this one
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #81: Jan 14, 2017 05:12:38 pm
      It all depends on who we field.

I know that's obvious, but we can be such a different proposition with Matip, Henderson and Couts all firing.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,032 posts | 533 
      Reply #82: Jan 14, 2017 05:40:46 pm
      We are obviously struggling for form a bit, but I think they are second rate in the centre of defence and can be got at. Not sure their CM's give them great protection either. So I'd play a diamond and really go at them through the middle rather than out wide -

Mig

Clyne    Lovren      Klavan     Milner

Wijnaldum
                                                             Can                    Lallana

Cou

Sturridge      Origi

I think our back 4 is ok, despite a poor performance in the week. I'd rather have Lovren and Klavan than Jones and Smalling anyway.
      Firmino's been out of form for a month, so I'd drop him ( probably bring him on 20 minutes to go if Coutinho is looking pooped).
      If Hendo is fit he would go in for Can.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,295 posts | 1665 
      Reply #83: Jan 14, 2017 05:55:14 pm
      Think some people need to be reminded the team we are playing is 6th not twenty points clear. Yes they are in a bit of form lets not forget they have scraped through against W Ham (10 men) and Boro in last 5 mins. Yes will be tough but if players go into game with negative attitude like some on here we have no chance . Get into them and press their back 4 and we will get chances
      Kopite78
      Reply #84: Jan 14, 2017 05:59:12 pm
      Think some people need to be reminded the team we are playing is 6th not twenty points clear. Yes they are in a bit of form lets not forget they have scraped through against W Ham (10 men) and Boro in last 5 mins. Yes will be tough but if players go into game with negative attitude like some on here we have no chance . Get into them and press their back 4 and we will get chances

Wish I could plus this again

F**k them

Get into them

F***ing hell... We're F***ing boss us
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #85: Jan 14, 2017 06:09:05 pm
      One of those games where if we win, it will probably be by a goal margin.. where as if Utd win, I can see them winning by 2 goals.

Very hard to say which way this will go, and I'm not feeling confident either. That said, even when we play really well, Utd tend to get the good fortune of a goal against play (set piece or counter) or the fortune of us not scoring (De Gea putting in a blinder, or our poor finishing). Does my head in.

Utd deserve a tonking though. That 0-0 was ridiculously lucky for them, and they could do with some pay back.

rossyred

• 9,295 posts | 1665 
      Reply #86: Jan 14, 2017 06:26:18 pm
      Wish I could plus this again

F**k them

Get into them

F***ing hell... We're f**king boss us

Ha Ha its my Braveheart speech .In all seriousness Im not saying we should be oozing with  confidence but we have to go there with a positive approach and be prepared to roll our sleeves up if we dont could be in trouble, If we do a match for absolutely anyone especially these arrogant waxxers shut up the press who have a new love in and even our own ex players who dont fancy us
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #87: Jan 14, 2017 06:52:22 pm
      We are obviously struggling for form a bit, but I think they are second rate in the centre of defence and can be got at. Not sure their CM's give them great protection either. So I'd play a diamond and really go at them through the middle rather than out wide -

Mig

Clyne    Lovren      Klavan     Milner

Wijnaldum
                                                             Can                    Lallana

Cou

Sturridge      Origi

I think our back 4 is ok, despite a poor performance in the week. I'd rather have Lovren and Klavan than Jones and Smalling anyway.
      Firmino's been out of form for a month, so I'd drop him ( probably bring him on 20 minutes to go if Coutinho is looking pooped).
      If Hendo is fit he would go in for Can.

No chance Firmino is being dropped especially with Coutinho getting back in the team.
      You drop Firmino because he was poor for a month but keep Can in the team despite the fact that he has been sh*te for the entire season,where`s the logic in that?
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #88: Jan 14, 2017 07:13:50 pm

Yessss!

A bit of positivity in here. We all know we have been poor recently and that that shower have hit a rich (ish) vein of form ( late or offside goals) lately. Bit this is the mancs at the toilet. Everybody, including us should be winding ourselves up right now. Personally I've done nothing else all week.

Come on red men smash these horrible cu*ts and their c**t of a manager and dirty inbred fans all the way back to Salford precinct!

cu*ts!

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Albert S Park
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #89: Jan 14, 2017 08:54:55 pm
      Really hope Henderson is available for this, in a tight match he can make all the difference !!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #90: Jan 14, 2017 09:31:18 pm
      I big big game if we win or draw I think we will build, but if we get beat I can see us losing all confidence and the season unraveling,
      MsGerrard
      Reply #91: Jan 14, 2017 09:37:27 pm
      Absolutely pumped for this game....first 20 mins will be all crucial as each team susses the other out, Jürgen will have our lads up and running before we've even kicked off and we need to show these bas**rds we're not scared of them as they try to bully us off the ball, we need to stand up to them especially in midfield where I think the game will be won.

We've shown in the past even though we have some small players that we won't be pushed off the ball and the likes of Lallana and Firminho can fight as much as the next man, we need everyone to be completely at the top of their game tomorrow to get anything out of this, they are cocky and confident at the moment and we need to match and even better them in all departments, it won't be easy, it never is there, but if we're at the top of our game we CAN come away with 3 points.

Good luck Redmen, let's kill these good and proper !!

Quick Reply