Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Swansea?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1%)
      James Milner
      5 (5.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (2.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (2.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      81 (83.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2017 02:23:56 pm

Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30073 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Jan 21, 2017 07:28:01 pm
      Mate we need to be honest with ourselves and concede we are nowhere near good enough to win a title. A title winning team simply doesn't drop the points we've dropped this season.

Then again every team bar Chelsea at the start of the season have lost stupid points, but the game today really really hurt. For me the thing that pisses me off is seeing Can on the team sheet and Lallana played on the wing, surely someone in Klopp's team can now realise its not F***ing working!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #691: Jan 21, 2017 07:29:57 pm
      Should have won today.

Should be sitting in 2nd place putting the pressure on Chavs.

Klopp has a lot of work to do.

We can't rely on Mane to win games especially when he's not even available.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #692: Jan 21, 2017 07:33:59 pm
      Should have won today.

Should be sitting in 2nd place putting the pressure on Chavs.

Klopp has a lot of work to do.

We can't rely on Mane to win games especially when he's not even available.

Thing is mate, United fans will be saying the same. City fans will be saying the same. Spurs fans might even be rueing not taking City when they were on the ropes at 2-2.

The results are what they are and after 38 games you more than often end up where you deserve.

The problem for us is not the points we have but the form we are in, and the squad we currently have. Theres not many in our ranks who can win points on their own. We are a team where we all have to fire and theres a few who aren't on it at the moment.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #693: Jan 21, 2017 07:36:16 pm
      Then again every team bar Chelsea at the start of the season have lost stupid points, but the game today really really hurt. For me the thing that pisses me off is seeing Can on the team sheet and Lallana played on the wing, surely someone in Klopp's team can now realise its not f**king working!!

I was more than surprised when I didn't see Matip and Stu in the starting line up.

Klavan and Can had no business in the team today.

I love Klopp but if they are not dropped for the next game I will start to question his managerial skills as they are simply not good enough players.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #694: Jan 21, 2017 07:39:55 pm
      :( oh dear
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #695: Jan 21, 2017 07:40:39 pm
      Well Spurs and City drew so the good news, I suppose, is we'll still be in the top four after this weekend no matter what Arsenal's result tomorrow is.
      Augustine Hayfron
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #696: Jan 21, 2017 07:43:51 pm
      we should up our game and also klopp should start playing sturridge because has goals in his boots
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #697: Jan 21, 2017 07:44:20 pm
      Well Spurs and City drew so the good news, I suppose, is we'll still be in the top four after this weekend no matter what Arsenal's result tomorrow is.

But our performances have to turn around, and fast, or we won't remain in the top 4 for much longer.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #698: Jan 21, 2017 07:51:50 pm
      This is why we should have invested in this Jan window for another winger.

Play Lallana where he usually players.

I agree as long as we have a someone in the box worth crossing to like a centre forward/striker perhaps rather than smaller attacking midfielders.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #699: Jan 21, 2017 07:53:26 pm

Still not good enough.

We need to really look inwards. These results of ours are not gonna keep up in the Top 3.

Are we missing Mane that badly?

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #700: Jan 21, 2017 07:54:50 pm
      So disappointed, not just with the result but the performance.
      Players we collectively laud on other days, performed well below par today. Too many in one game for them to be covered by their team mates.
      I was hoping Can would come off, and lallana drop back so we would have a bit more creativity in mid field, with Sturridge up too.
      Studge came on yeah, but for the wrong player so tactically nothing much changed.
      I'm sure if Matip started the defence would have been much calmer and organised but that wasn't to be.
      Also think Hendo may have performed better with lallana rather than Can, who incidently I think has. become a liability.
      They were there for the taking and I think Jürgen got his tactics wrong today. Possibly underestimating them, and showing too much sentiment to off form players.
      Seems the players themselves were thinking they just had to turn up and Swansea would fold. Trouble is, too many of them didn't turn up.
      Three of our competitors drew today, so not too much damage done, but I don't realistically think chsvs or the Arse will do us any favours tomorrow. Think this will be another season of missed opportunities in the prem, and if we don't get things sorted pronto, may be our last game in the league cup come Wednesday.
      But hey ho, thats only MY opinion, and I'm not a prem manager 😟
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #701: Jan 21, 2017 08:04:52 pm
      2-2 at home to Swansea would have still been crap but you could have taken something out of it character and spirit wise to comeback despite a poor run of form but to concede again was shocking.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1492 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #702: Jan 21, 2017 08:10:36 pm
      That's how you deal with our pressing harrying style of play. You give us the ball, and just defend until you get your chance (or three). Simple. If you give the ball to Liverpool, they can't press you. We press and put the opposition under pressure, then we capitalise on the errors. Can't do that if the opposition aren't willing to play football though.
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #703: Jan 21, 2017 09:25:47 pm
      Last week I got lots of ----> *********** <---- for saying that the title looked to be between Chelsea and Spurs.

How dare I point out that Liverpool were playing poorly and looked out of the running...

Oh... well.. not so many ****** flying around this week as those posters have gone quiet.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #704: Jan 21, 2017 09:26:00 pm
      I have not seen the match yet but after that result I don't know if I want to. :f_steam:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #705: Jan 21, 2017 09:39:01 pm
      I have not seen the match yet but after that result I don't know if I want to. :f_steam:

Don't
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #706: Jan 21, 2017 09:40:51 pm
      Last week I got lots of ----> *********** <---- for saying that the title looked to be between Chelsea and Spurs.

How dare I point out that Liverpool were playing poorly and looked out of the running...

Oh... well.. not so many ****** flying around this week as those posters have gone quiet.

Don't think it's over yet. Long way to go. You might be right, they are looking strong. But we've seen things change quickly in the past.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #707: Jan 21, 2017 09:45:45 pm
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #708: Jan 21, 2017 09:51:05 pm

Because you're a WUM who is more concerned with Victor Moses than with Liverpool.

Silly c**t.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #709: Jan 21, 2017 10:26:13 pm

Shut up.

Last week we had the same amount of points as Spurs. At this moment we have one less point.

If you'd said just Chelsea, fair enough, but Spurs too made your point wrong then and continue to be wrong now.

Feel free to continue jerking off to your own posts but know that no one else cares what you say.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #710: Jan 21, 2017 11:02:06 pm
      Is this result really a surprise? We have been playing sh*te for almost 2 months now. We have a lot of average players ( and a few really good ones ) but the quality is not there. Our midfield is poor. Can , Henderson and Gini are top 8 quality ( top half without our good players )  The fact that Swansea still went for it ( credit to them ) after we got back to 2-2 shows just how fragile we are.

We need EVERY player to turn up to win , but half our team have been passengers for a couple of months now. This league of ours is of poor quality and so are we. Top 4 is going to be a struggle but not out of reach.

I've read posters saying " When we look back on this season we will remember it as the start of something great " BOLLOCKS.

The other top teams will not wait to see how we get on and judge their season accordingly . They will sign quality while we develop and stick with middle quality players.

This season could go tits up in 3 weeks and i've seen nothing during the last 2 months to make me think our position is there for the taking.

Losing at home to Swansea is not a disaster. But pretending everything will come good sooner or later is a recipe for the last 26 yrs.  Two bad  games will see us out of the top four.

Does anyone really believe that this team will just ride the storm and come out smelli g of rose's ?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #711: Jan 21, 2017 11:08:00 pm
      Ive seen people criticising Sturridge saying he had minutes v Plymouth and he had minutes today but he didn't do anything, and that he's finished here and he isn't good enough for us.

Personally, I think that's a load of bollocks. Time will tell but he will probably move on in the summer and I bet now that whoever he joins he will score on a regular basis.

I understand playing firmino in the middle has suited us much better this season, but only when we've had mane in the side too. When one of the usual front three are missing, and there have been plenty of times this season, then Sturridge has to play.

I doubt Sturridge wants to play for Jürgen any more. He probably feels he has been treated appallingly - and i agree to some extent. His goal record is phenomenal yet Jürgen prefers a young inexperienced origi over him or even playing lallana out of position. Sturridge probably feels embarrassed and rightly so.

The only game time he gets nowadays is when we play a reserve team in the cup or in the last 20 mins of games when we are chasing a goal. How the F**k is he supposed to find any form?

Put him in the team Jürgen alongside firmino and coutinho and see what he can F***ing do.

Oh and F**k can and Klavan off too.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #712: Jan 21, 2017 11:25:58 pm
      Ive seen people criticising Sturridge saying he had minutes v Plymouth and he had minutes today but he didn't do anything, and that he's finished here and he isn't good enough for us.

Personally, I think that's a load of bollocks. Time will tell but he will probably move on in the summer and I bet now that whoever he joins he will score on a regular basis.

I understand playing firmino in the middle has suited us much better this season, but only when we've had mane in the side too. When one of the usual front three are missing, and there have been plenty of times this season, then Sturridge has to play.

I doubt Sturridge wants to play for Jürgen any more. He probably feels he has been treated appallingly - and i agree to some extent. His goal record is phenomenal yet Jürgen prefers a young inexperienced origi over him or even playing lallana out of position. Sturridge probably feels embarrassed and rightly so.

The only game time he gets nowadays is when we play a reserve team in the cup or in the last 20 mins of games when we are chasing a goal. How the f**k is he supposed to find any form?

Put him in the team Jürgen alongside firmino and coutinho and see what he can f**king do.

Oh and f**k can and Klavan off too.

It's not a bad shout regarding Sturridge, until we are able to properly press again I'd like to see us try playing 2 strikers up top, we have to try something different as it's to easy for teams to defend against us right now.

Quick Reply