Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Klopp or the players?

Read 23099 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Klopp or the players?
      Reply #161: Jan 23, 2017 03:41:54 pm

Good posts Kopite78 and HTM will reply a bit later when not in the alehouse.

Maybe that what I should of though Saturday  :)

Again soz like Brian... I was being a bad tit
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #162: Jan 23, 2017 04:31:14 pm
      Maybe that what I should of though Saturday  :)

Again soz like Brian... I was being a bad tit

I was too.

As normal.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #163: Jan 23, 2017 05:30:22 pm
      Wahs and kopite78 never a need to apologise. We were all in the height of it Saturday. But it's a forum you didn't like what I wrote and reacted to it. That's what it's all about lads.

When people are afraid to give their view or when people stop caring about what's happening with the club then it's a sad day.

Cheers lads
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #164: Jan 23, 2017 05:56:35 pm
      Klopp, not because the players are good enough but because Klopp should have solved the defensive issues by now.  Buy some players! Change tactics! Change attitude when defending! Do something!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #165: Jan 23, 2017 06:03:38 pm
      In his presser today, Klopp had some good comments about how Matip coming back doesn't cure a particular problem or prevent a particular goal. he said the goalkeeper or a defender often make the final mistake, but usually when a goal is allowed there are 7 or 8 people who could have done better or something different.

I think is well said, but I'm glad to see Joel back in the lineup, sounds like Wednesday.

Let's right this ship boys.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #166: Jan 23, 2017 06:05:00 pm
      What about the scouts? or the committee or whoever signs these players?
      Bar Coutinho when is the last time they found a real gem and where were they when Alderweireld, Van Dijk, Ericksen, Alli or even fcking Bertrand went for under 10mil?
      These were all attainable and needed players if they would at least bothered to look them up.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #167: Jan 23, 2017 08:40:40 pm
      Love the aura around Klopp and the buzz he gives to his players. We have a terrific manager and I am fully delighted to have him leading the reds.

That said, his weakness appears to be his stubbornness. His substitutions are not always the best, and the players he chooses for his starting 11 are questionable.

He threw Sakho out of the club for reasons only known to Klopp (despite all the second guesses that people have made about the sudden destructive character Sakho apparently is), he refuses to integrate Sturridge into the team despite how badly we need him (giving him bit parts here and there), he plays Firmino as some star striker in our star striker's place (he's not btw, despite his 2 goals on Saturday), and forces Can into the team on a regular basis.

No question, these decisions have cost us points. All manager's make mistakes, but Klopp has been unwilling to change.

You take the good with the bad...nobody is perfect and our manager has flaws just like an other human..that being said his positives outweigh his negatives 10:1 and there is not a better manager in the world as far as I am concerned.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #168: Jan 23, 2017 08:59:36 pm
      No doubt Klopp is hurting just as much as we are. Probably more, as he realises it was his choice of players, or his tactics, or his game management, or all three, which fu**ed us up. Not only on Saturday, but in previous games as well.
      He is also as delighted as us all, when it goes to plane and we outplay sides emphatically and stick 4 or 5 on them.
      He's still not fielding a side which is truly of his making. When the players he wants become reachable, he'll go for them, but its refreshing to see, when players are currently unavailable, he won't go splashing millions on second rate alternatives.
      I'm sure he'll get it right, once he gets the individuals he wants. That's when a number of the current crop, who let him down too often will be shown the door.

Pissed off with Saturdays result are we ?

I had £10.00 on a 11 game accumulator. £8700 return.  Yes you've guessed it, my stone wall Liverpool home win fu**ed it all up !

HAPPY DAYS.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,173 posts | 524 
      Reply #169: Jan 23, 2017 09:03:15 pm
      Wahs and kopite78 never a need to apologise. We were all in the height of it Saturday. But it's a forum you didn't like what I wrote and reacted to it. That's what it's all about lads.

When people are afraid to give their view or when people stop caring about what's happening with the club then it's a sad day.

Cheers lads

Brian,

that's a fair point you raise, but don't think its a case of people being afraid to give their view, it's probably more that you can give an opinion which you feel is correct, and get totally slaughtered for it. As I'm sure you are aware there are some right tit heads on here that think only their opinion is right, and if you disagree with them, then woe betide. Just my opinion.

Anyways, great thread and you and most of the posters on here I read and enjoy. Carry on the good work.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #170: Jan 23, 2017 09:03:16 pm
      I had £10.00 on a 11 game accumulator. £8700 return.  Yes you've guessed it, my stone wall Liverpool home win fu**ed it all up !

Never bet on your own team!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #171: Jan 23, 2017 09:04:42 pm

That's painful!

Unlucky fella. Perhaps consider doing a 10 fold accumulator x 11 (basically allowing any of your single games to lose) and it'll only cost you £11 more. You can write it out on 11 separate slips if you're not used to it, just leave out each team once and put £1 accumulators on each slip.

I know it's after the event and it wont help your pain now but it's something my Brother used to struggle with often, that nasty 1 let me down feeling and the insurance, if you're getting this even just occasionally can really pay off.

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #172: Jan 23, 2017 09:06:16 pm

Bet you wish you'd cashed out at  2-2.  My sympathies mate, I would have stuck with us at 2-2!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #173: Jan 23, 2017 10:04:01 pm
      No doubt Klopp is hurting just as much as we are. Probably more, as he realises it was his choice of players, or his tactics, or his game management, or all three, which fu**ed us up. Not only on Saturday, but in previous games as well.
      He is also as delighted as us all, when it goes to plane and we outplay sides emphatically and stick 4 or 5 on them.
      He's still not fielding a side which is truly of his making. When the players he wants become reachable, he'll go for them, but its refreshing to see, when players are currently unavailable, he won't go splashing millions on second rate alternatives.
      I'm sure he'll get it right, once he gets the individuals he wants. That's when a number of the current crop, who let him down too often will be shown the door.

HAPPY DAYS.
      Ouch well unlucky
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #174: Jan 23, 2017 10:59:16 pm
      Its too easy at times for us as fans to demand signings and put pressure on the club to do so but we need to have a little more faith in the players we have because the truth is they are good enough...they've shown that for 5 months before the year ended.

And lets be honest the only reason we're asking for signings is due to what's transpired  these last few weeks because I can guarantee potential  signings wouldn't  have even entered the minds had we not gone on a downward spiral.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,519 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #175: Jan 23, 2017 11:12:12 pm
      Its too easy at times for us as fans to demand signings and put pressure on the club to do so but we need to have a little more faith in the players we have because the truth is they are good enough...they've shown that for 5 months before the year ended.

And lets be honest the only reason we're asking for signings is due to what's transpired  these last few weeks because I can guarantee potential  signings wouldn't  have even entered the minds had we not gone on a downward spiral.

Not for me. Personally, I think this team is going very well under Klopp, but I'm convinced we need at least 3 signings to go straight into the first 11. Not backup, 3 first teamers. Whether they are available, that's another story.

Every single season a football team looks to improve somehow. That's just football.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #176: Jan 24, 2017 01:07:10 am

They aren't good enough though. Take mane out of the team and look how much we struggle.

Coutinho and matip have been unavailable too and some others are in need of a rest. Who are you gonna call upon? The lads who couldn't beat Plymouth?

It is possible to go through a whole season with your first 11, look at Leicester last season and Chelsea this year too. It's rare though and it was unrealistic of us to expect that. We already knew Mane would miss a month, but what have we done to replace him?

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #177: Jan 24, 2017 01:53:54 am
      And tell you what, cracking thread this :)

Props to Brian for starting it :D

:D

In all seriousness, it is a valid thread right now and a good one.

It beats all the 'we're title challengers, top 4, in both domestic cups', resting on our laurels sh*te.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,156 posts | 259 
      Reply #178: Jan 24, 2017 02:29:46 am

No mate. Majority of fans even on this forum cried for quality additions last summer, at least for a LB, a combative defensive minded cm, a wide forward. And tell you what, the similar call seem happen every single transfer window of last 6-7 seasons.   
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,519 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #179: Jan 24, 2017 08:50:08 am
      Klopp's signings rated out of 10:

Karius - 6
      Matip - 9
      Klavan - 6.5
      Grujic - n/a
      Wijnaldum - 6
      Mane - 8.5

The biggest disappointment for me has been Wijnaldum, and that's a lot to do with the fact he cost £25m
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #180: Jan 24, 2017 10:17:29 am
      Klopp's signings rated out of 10:

Karius - 6
      Matip - 9
      Klavan - 6.5
      Grujic - n/a
      Wijnaldum - 6
      Mane - 8.5

The biggest disappointment for me has been Wijnaldum, and that's a lot to do with the fact he cost £25m

Interesting opinion and it shows how we all see the game differently I suppose.

I personally think your ratings for karius and Klavan are generous. They have both cost us games this season and neither have featured much which makes it worse!

Mane has been more important to us than Matip in my eyes too, so Mane should out score him for me. Matip is fantastic though.

Wijnaldum appears to be marmite amongst us doesn't he. I'm sitting on the fence with him at the moment. In some games I think he's done really well and the work he does goes unnoticed. He covers so much ground and his close ball control is superb. He is fantastic at keep ball, 1-2's, triangle football and so on.

That said I've seen enough games this season where he has been a passenger, particularly away from home. We need more from him.

I think overall people are obsessed with stats though, people see he doesn't make enough assists or goals and form an opinion that perhaps he has been a failure. I think that's harsh because again, overall, I would say he has been a huge part of our success this season and if you took him out of the midfield we would really notice it.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #181: Jan 24, 2017 11:18:42 am
      Find me one post of mine, anything anywhere, where I have said we haven't made any progress. You and your little cronies are making out that people like me are on some sort of Klopp out campaign. What the f**k are you going on about faith for? Get a f**king grip.

Just stop talking f**king sh*t, stop making excuses, admit we are in a slump, discuss where we've gone wrong, give opinions about what we can do right, and so on and so on. Make the forum real and make it interesting instead of coming on every f**king day saying everything's oh so wonderful. It isn't.

Don't f**king sit there and say we've improved under klopp so it doesn't matter if we finish 4th because that's where we expected to finish in July.

As soon as you discuss the reality of whats happening at present you get gobshites like you who bury your head in the sand and look for excuses. Im sick of f**king reading it.

Yes we've improved under Jürgen, yes we are in the top four, just, yes we are still in both cups, just, but to be quite f**king honest, I wouldn't expect anything different anyway, that's the absolute minimum this club demands. And just because we're still in those competitions and we're just about in the top four, that doesn't f**king excuse the past half a dozen or so performances and we have every right to discuss it and talk about it without people like you having a go at us all the time and saying instead we should all be holding hands and singing the wheels on the bus.

Bravo.

You have managed to contradict yourself and again display your overbearing sense of entitlement which is completely void of any reasoning and rationale.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #182: Jan 24, 2017 11:57:02 am
      Quote from what-a-hit-son
      What riles me most is that nothing is being done about the squad. It's been called wrong somewhere as it's clear to see we need additions.

Before someone gives me the old story that January is sh*te it isn't. I honestly wouldn't have give a F**k if we even bought people who may have cost a few quid but weren't long term. We were in a title race.

A title race. Would anybody have been arsed if a quick fix helped us win the league?

It should have been said to scouts what a massive world there is out there and that if they don't find somebody then there will be consequences.

A quick fix is the next Andy Carroll. Is that what we want?

Are we light atm, probably yes, but in fairness the only sides so far looking for quick fixes are the ones facing the drop.  And because they're quick fixes, they come at a premium. Klopp isn't Rafa, he doesn't demand 30 million quid every transfer window on tap to spot the next Kyrgiakos and Ngog, and throw a strop in private and public when he doesn't get it. He prefers to get the best out of existing resources, and will only shell out when he feels it's value for money.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #183: Jan 24, 2017 12:30:41 pm
      A quick fix is the next Andy Carroll. Is that what we want?

Are we light atm, probably yes, but in fairness the only sides so far looking for quick fixes are the ones facing the drop.  And because they're quick fixes, they come at a premium. Klopp isn't Rafa, he doesn't demand 30 million quid every transfer window on tap to spot the next Kyrgiakos and Ngog, and throw a strop in private and public when he doesn't get it. He prefers to get the best out of existing resources, and will only shell out when he feels it's value for money.

:lmao: At the Rafa comment, I swear you're nuts mate, and that's coming from me!

Quick Reply