Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Klopp or the players?

Read 23085 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: klopp or the players?
      Reply #46: Jan 21, 2017 05:48:20 pm
      Win as a collective and lose as a collective.....from the owners down to the manager and the players and everybody else in between.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #47: Jan 21, 2017 05:49:15 pm
      Never thought of it. Now you brought it up what would your answer be?

Answer to what?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #48: Jan 21, 2017 05:55:19 pm

The question you asked why I didn't ask it.... When we were flying was it klopp or the players??
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #49: Jan 21, 2017 05:55:48 pm

I don't know but he was boss at finding great less obvious players on the cheap at Dortmund.

I'm not a scout. If I was I'd find someone if I was any good. There are literally hundreds of thousands to choose from.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #50: Jan 21, 2017 05:56:37 pm
      The question you asked why I didn't ask it.... When we were flying was it klopp or the players??

Answered it in my first post in this thread I think.

Both.

It's clearly both. Just like it has clearly been both for the last 95% of the season when we've been playing very well.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      Reply #51: Jan 21, 2017 06:02:48 pm
      Answered it in my first post in this thread I think.

Both.

Your consistent anyway 👍
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #52: Jan 21, 2017 06:03:50 pm

Ha ha ya tit.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #53: Jan 21, 2017 06:10:04 pm
      Knee jerk thread if ever I've seen one.

Anybody would think we've been sh*te all season and aren't in a position to get top four.

You happy with that though mate? 4th.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,029 posts | 529 
      Reply #54: Jan 21, 2017 06:13:45 pm
      Knee jerk thread if ever I've seen one.

Anybody would think we've been sh*te all season and aren't in a position to get top four.

Fickle as f**k. A few bad weeks at the office and everyone is completely on one as if we are f**king doomed.

God help us when we go out of all of the cups and aren't anywhere near the top 4.

Which hasn't happened yet by the way.

Yep. If I remember right, it was about this time last season we had the old refrain of " Our entire squad is sh*te [usually with 1 exception, probably Coutinho, to show balance]. Bin the lot and play the kids!"

Sounds like we are about 1 defeat away from hearing it again.

We are not even out of the title race yet. We do really have to beat Chelsea, or we will be. But even then we will still be fighting for a top 4 spot til the end of the season.

[Oh yeah and to answer the original question - yep, both. Plus absentees and a heavy fixture list  :f_whistle:]
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,550 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #55: Jan 21, 2017 06:18:42 pm
      I once defended Brendan Rodgers on here after a bad result. When most were knifing away at him I said the players let him down. Once they cross the line its up to them to perform.

Most replies stated that he picked the players and they played as he instructed ( tactically not bad on purpose).

So now I ask who is to blame for our terrible form this month? Players or klopp? Players letting manager down or he picks the team and tactics?

Answer is a choice of 2 don't hide your answer by introducing owners, directors  kitmam, coach driver or the building company that threw up the new stand!!

Klopp has to shoulder some responsibility. As do the players. So both.

The Plymouth games were poor, but that was the 2nd team, a diff conversation imo.
      Thought last PL match/the 1-1 result was decent at Utd, given players coming back from injury/unavailable. Utd had the better chances, and could've won except for Mignolet, but we played the better football. Evens.  An improvement on Saints match for sure.

In general terms we're scoring goals. But we STILL struggle at set pieces/balls into the area/at the back, and it continues to cost us points. For years. Matip looks a good player, but he needs to play more - how robust he's going to be remains to be seen.

We're in window3 but looking at the list of players signed by Klopp, only Klavan and Gini were on the pitch today. And have they improved the side? Klavan basically handed them the chance for their 3rd. And is Gini better than Joe Allen?
      OK - that IS harsh. But is one perspective. Klavan has done OK to date, but we're seeing some weaknesses in his game as time goes on.

Worst result of 2017 so far,  but Cou is coming back from injury, Mane (probably our most missed player) is away and Matip must not be ready. They're mitigating factors - tho we need to be able to better absorb missing players  - what happens if we get into the CL, can't play the young lads there too.

We're better than this. Bad day in the office in our back 3rd. Klopp and the players will be disappointed - and will look to bounce back. We're not out of things yet, lots of football still to be played this season. If Matip comes back and plays regularly, should make big difference, cause we're scoring enough down the other end to be further up the table.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #56: Jan 21, 2017 06:24:30 pm
      Ultimately Jürgen is responsible, responsible for a fantastic first half of the season,responsible for believing in Liverpool and the supporters, responsible for poor results but....the players are also responsible for not repaying the supporters with consistency,effort and basically not scoring goals ! Yep we can make provisions for injuries, international duties, but no excuses for can't be arsed playing , we need to be challenging for the title and I still believe we will
      Kopite78
      Reply #57: Jan 21, 2017 06:24:40 pm
      Proper nugget whoever started this sh*te of a thread  :tosser:

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #58: Jan 21, 2017 06:33:04 pm

In the grand scheme of things, no. Most definitely not.

Should we expect more than CL this year, though?

I'm a half full type of guy though mate.

I'm not daft enough to think a league title is won 2/3rds of the way into January and who knows, we might still bring people in.

We win two, Chelsea lose one and draw one and we're all talking about the league again.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      Reply #59: Jan 21, 2017 06:51:20 pm
      Proper nugget whoever started this sh*te of a thread  :tosser:

Whys that then?
      Kopite78
      Reply #60: Jan 21, 2017 06:55:49 pm

You was it? Original thread was missing when I first read it

Why?

Cause you can't be that daft really to think it's that simple, you're either bitter about something ( my guess) or you're just fishing

Good luck either way
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      Reply #61: Jan 21, 2017 07:03:07 pm
      You was it? Original thread was missing when I first read it

Why?

Cause you can't be that daft really to think it's that simple, you're either bitter about something ( my guess) or you're just fishing

Good luck either way

Yeah I'm bitter about the sh*te being handed up last few games that's all but blown our league chance. Might rest well for some but not me.

Don't see who asking peoples opinion on where they think the fault lies at present is such a problem for some but I noticed you having a pop at some else who mentioned the sh*te atmosphere so maybe your having a bad day?

Finally ill start any topic I like on here once its acceptable to the rules. Ye don't like the title don't open it's simple
      welease_bwian
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts |
      Reply #62: Jan 21, 2017 07:05:38 pm
      If we had a January sale our top 4 competitors would probably be uninterested in buying any of our players. Given our squad our current league position is a great achievement, but we need to splash some cash, without strength in depth it's almost inevitable we'll fade as the season continues.

Klopp may be to blame for not bringing in reinforcements, but apart from that there's no real blame to apportion given our over-achievement so far.
      Kopite78
      Reply #63: Jan 21, 2017 07:07:17 pm
      Yeah I'm bitter about the sh*te being handed up last few games that's all but blown our league chance. Might rest well for some but not me.

Don't see who asking peoples opinion on where they think the fault lies at present is such a problem for some but I noticed you having a pop at some else who mentioned the sh*te atmosphere so maybe you're having a bad day?

Finally ill start any topic I like on here once its acceptable to the rules. You don't like the title don't open it's simple
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      Reply #64: Jan 21, 2017 07:09:57 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #65: Jan 21, 2017 07:10:05 pm
      So now I ask who is to blame for our terrible form this month? Players or klopp?

The same people who were responsible for us having our highest ever points total half way through the season.

Both the players and the manager.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,550 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #66: Jan 21, 2017 07:11:18 pm
      Maybe the title should've been 'klopp or the players or Rodgers' ... already seen him mentioned ...

Actually, come to think of it, seeing as all but 2 players are from BRs era,  it's IS F***ing BRs fault ... the b***ard.
      Kopite78
      Reply #67: Jan 21, 2017 07:11:30 pm

Just helping the illiterate

Makes my bad days better knowing I've helped  :-\
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #68: Jan 21, 2017 07:17:01 pm
      The same people who were responsible for us having our highest ever points total half way through the season.

Both the players and the manager.

You're not allowed to be a sh*t house and say that apparently.

It says so in the OP.

Quick Reply