Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Klopp or the players?

Read 23029 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: klopp or the players?
      Reply #69: Jan 21, 2017 07:22:36 pm
      You're not allowed to be a sh*t house and say that apparently.

It says so in the OP.

In that case I blame Steven Gerrard rejoining us the F***ing jinx.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #70: Jan 21, 2017 07:25:51 pm
      In that case I blame Steven Gerrard rejoining us the f**king jinx.

Yeah that works for this thread. Somebody blamed Mane for not being here, too.

Free for all.

All the little stirrers with the agendas pop out of the shadows as soon as we get beat.

Beat at Anfield for the first time in around a year that is.

We're doomed I tell you. Doomed!
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,293 posts | 272 
      Reply #71: Jan 21, 2017 07:26:51 pm
      They all have to take the blame, the players aren't performing at the moment but I really can't get my head around not playing with strikers. I will always bow to Klopps superior knowledge but both last and this season even in games we have won I just don't like it and we will lose Sturridge he's gonna get peed off with it he's a proven international goal scorer a match winner who doesnt play enough.

What is the obsession with getting crosses in lately? who are we crossing to Firmino ? I'd understand it if we had Benteke in there or Andy Carroll not a small to medium sized attacking midfielder.

Sorry fellas I'm just upset tonight, another league title gone it seems, we have been "building" or "2 or 3 seasons away" since Houliers days, I am trying but keeping the faith is hard sometimes days like these hurt.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Klopp or the players?
      Reply #72: Jan 21, 2017 07:30:18 pm
      All the little stirrers with the agendas pop out of the shadows as soon as we get beat.

Way it goes mate. Got to take the rough with the smooth though and ultimately, we are much better off than we probably expected to be before the season started.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #73: Jan 21, 2017 07:32:12 pm
      All the little band of merry men can gather in there little group and tell the rest its our first home defeat in a year and were first to score 50 goals etc no denying they are fabulous stats.

But our form is bad and a very simple question was asked. No agenda no bitterness no fishing. Maybe the odd spelling mistake but I have someone on the case regarding that!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #74: Jan 21, 2017 07:34:38 pm
      Two cliches come to mind,and both are true:

1. Wins will change attitudes/minds (this is not the saying I'm grasping for, but you get the point - win more matches and the mood will lift).

2. It's easier to blame a manager than it is to blame all 11 players (and for that one, "blame" is replacing "sack" because somebody on here will probably start mentioning that if these results continue - and somebody would be horribly, horrifically, humongously wrong).

Hoping for a return to winning form midweek, that's all I can do.

I hope all posters and readers of this thread enjoy the rest of the weekend.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #75: Jan 21, 2017 07:36:01 pm
      Both... Klopp for not seeing what certain players bring to the team and having suitable back up on the bench... The players for not showing heart and fight in games
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #76: Jan 21, 2017 07:36:54 pm
      When it takes the players to go 2-0 down to show a bit of urgency in getting a goal or two, I think you have your answer for todays debacle.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #77: Jan 21, 2017 07:40:04 pm
      Thought Klopp had an off day today , from up high in the new stand had a good view of the formations today every time we got the ball they reverted to 4 5 1 we had no idea how to combat it till late on when they tired a bit ,
      Been saying it for the last couple of games but all this passing sideways back and fore aimless passes on times is getting us no where except most passes on the stats sheet , and now we have no target man in the team we take to lumping  it up to the likes of Coutinho ffs it dosent fckin work it hasnt been since our slump in form , finally klavan and Can were fckin abysmal today , if we cant identify a better centre half than him with our scouting neteork then either they are not doing their jobs properly or football is in a bad way , just get a defender who can fckin defend , and putting Matip on  with a minute to go when we had been lumping away for most the game was a bit of a joke ,

Its not as simplistic as the op because everyone was off today players crowd and coach simple answer all must do better .
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #78: Jan 21, 2017 07:45:25 pm
      I think the team was strong enough on paper - but they were just not ready for today unfortunately
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #79: Jan 21, 2017 07:55:25 pm
      Seem like the only one with an agenda here is you... Trying to stifle debate...

I think that like it or not Klopp will have to spend in this window if we are to finish in the top four or start to rely more on the youngsters... When I saw the bench I was hoping that Klopp may try something brave and bring on Woodburn instead of Sturridge, considering how little he has offered these past months... Give both Origi and Sturridge the League Cup, we need the FA Cup as a back door into the CL in case we fail to finish in the top four
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #80: Jan 21, 2017 08:14:55 pm
      The talk of us 'missing Mane' is so desperately tired considering that we won these type of matches with this team and WITHOUT Mane in the second half of last season and during the run in to the EL Final.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #81: Jan 21, 2017 08:15:06 pm
      Seem like the only one with an agenda here is you... Trying to stifle debate...

I think that like it or not Klopp will have to spend in this window if we are to finish in the top four or start to rely more on the youngsters... When I saw the bench I was hoping that Klopp may try something brave and bring on Woodburn instead of Sturridge, considering how little he has offered these past months... Give both Origi and Sturridge the League Cup, we need the FA Cup as a back door into the CL in case we fail to finish in the top four

Yeah I've got an agenda.

What is the agenda I've got?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #82: Jan 21, 2017 08:17:28 pm
      Yeah I've got an agenda.

Bit out of order all this. It's normally me who's got the "agenda", what have I done to get forgotten about FFS?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #83: Jan 21, 2017 08:21:16 pm
      All the little band of merry men can gather in there little group and tell the rest its our first home defeat in a year and were first to score 50 goals etc no denying they are fabulous stats.

But our form is bad and a very simple question was asked. No agenda no bitterness no fishing. Maybe the odd spelling mistake but I have someone on the case regarding that!

It's not a band of merry men at all.

It's people knowing that we were awful today trying to dissect it whilst not hitting the self destruct button.

I don't think the players turned up today and I also don't think Klopp's in game management was good.

In fact, I dont even give him credit for the purple patch we had after they went two up as I think the players upped it then, finally.

If people just went about their moaning without pre loaded agendas I'd understand a bit more.

I do this expect anybody to be happy about today but I also expect them to look at where we are for some level.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #84: Jan 21, 2017 08:22:22 pm
      Bit out of order all this. It's normally me who's got the "agenda", what have I done to get forgotten about FFS?

Trying to sell England's first £10 pint of Carling is right on your agenda 😉
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #85: Jan 21, 2017 08:37:36 pm
      The two are to blame the players for not putting there balls on the line and Klopp for not putting them under enough pressure to put there balls on the line
      Kopite78
      Reply #86: Jan 21, 2017 08:45:40 pm
      The two are to blame the players for not putting there balls on the line and Klopp for not putting them under enough pressure to put there balls on the line

This is where it get ridiculous

You think Klopp is telling them to go out there and play at 75%?

You think the players are pulling out of challenges? Or holding off on passes or shots cause they're scared?

They tried to win the game, they didn't, they weren't good enough, we can all agree but to say they didn't try or put their balls out there is rubbish

Say a player try's to try a ball that not really on, it gets cut out and they break and score... You happy cause he was putting his balls on the line to try the ball?

Say a player slams into a tackle, never gonna get the ball but goes through, gets sent off but we lose... He's putting his balls on the line right?

They tried, but ultimately weren't good enough, Swansea deserved it, but it wasn't a lack of effort, it was a lack of quality

Who's to blame?

Individually no f**ker... Everybody collectively but that doesn't mean we're are a bad team, we aren't we've proven that all season, we're going through a sh*te period but it's up to the players and managers collectively to sort it
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #87: Jan 21, 2017 08:47:52 pm

Sorry fella but in the rules of the game balls on the line don't count for sh*t, over the line or nothing, simple as.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #88: Jan 21, 2017 09:00:57 pm
      This football malarkey is so frustrating
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #89: Jan 21, 2017 09:17:07 pm
      If we had a January sale our top 4 competitors would probably be uninterested in buying any of our players. Given our squad our current league position is a great achievement, but we need to splash some cash, without strength in depth it's almost inevitable we'll fade as the season continues.

Klopp may be to blame for not bringing in reinforcements, but apart from that there's no real blame to apportion given our over-achievement so far.

There is some truth in your first paragraph.

Jürgen has taken the main squad from 2015  and got the best out of those core players .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #90: Jan 21, 2017 09:26:47 pm
       :mad:

Holy F***ing sh*t.

Thank F**k for the saner people posting, or this really would be a F***ing abortion of a thread.

We win, lose or draw together, as a club, as fans, along with the players, manager and every other bugger at the club.

Here's a little newsflash; even the very best teams in history never win more than 60-70% of matches.
      More normal is a team and manager who win around 50%, and most of the time, that will translate to silverware if above 50%.

Get a grip ffs.
      Losing a game and playing poorly is fairly normal.
      Less normal is playing really well and losing, but you still see it happen to teams every single week.
      Every team does it, and no doubt we'll do it some more this season, and next season, and the one after that and so on ad infinitum.

It's time some of you took another look at our club anthem, and this time, remember the F***ing words. We stick together through thick and thin, or we are nothing. In fact we become chelsea.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #91: Jan 21, 2017 11:17:57 pm
      Yeah I've got an agenda.

Trying to stifle the debate...

Quick Reply