Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)

Read 56899 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,149 posts | 1090 
      Re: Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)
      Reply #713: Apr 01, 2024 10:29:54 pm
      Was the best of the front 3 yesterday by a country mile. Loved his goal too, alert and ready.

I have been as critical of him as any on here, and I won't shy away from that. I've said that he works hard off the ball and his press clearly makes is better out of possession. My issue with him comes when we're on possession. I feel like he gets caught far too often holding on to the ball or he holds it too long and the moment passes before he resets. Yesterday this was not the case. He scored. He was winning corners by forcing the GK into making saves, and when he did hold the ball up in the box he did so with a purpose. His ball to Salah deserved better. In short, I found him incredibly decisive yesterday.

If that's how he plays more often than not, I'll tell ya I was wrong and that I'm an asshole. Some of you say that pretty regularly anyways  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #714: Apr 01, 2024 10:49:00 pm
      Predators Instinct for that goal. Wonderful thinking.

Was his best game for us for a while now. Hopefully, now he got that goal, heaps more will follow.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,795 posts | 3379 
      Reply #715: Apr 03, 2024 01:21:12 pm
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 722 posts | 141 
      Reply #716: Apr 03, 2024 03:36:32 pm

Absolutely goes without saying. So much about the lad to admire, any young kid aspiring to be a footballer should look at clips of Diaz....you might need to pause it for them every few mins in case of dizziness.

He's taken stick because not everything he does in the final 1/3 comes off but you'll struggle to name many wingers with more goals than him this season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,034 posts | 2090 
      Reply #717: Apr 07, 2024 05:46:07 pm
      Another big game where he fu**ed it up. Scores the easy ones at the near post which you'd expect. But that was it from him.

Receives the ball, won't pass, won't pass, won't pass...then passes but it's too late. Receives the ball, takes it inside, inside, inside holds onto it and then loses control and commits a foul. Screams at the ref for his own incompetence.

Ball is teed up for him...blazes it over.

All the while his dad, is farting off in the press talking about this, that and everything about Diaz playing and should be playing for Madrid  or Barca.

'But he's industrious...'. He's industrious for sure...but he's industrious in the same way that a British Leyland factory in the 1970s was...ie 95% of the output being unmitigated dogshit.

A tiresome, overrated player who is lucky to wear the red shirt.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,990 posts | 223 
      Reply #718: Apr 07, 2024 06:04:48 pm
      Likes holding on to the ball, 3 clear chances to pass and ends losing it
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,418 posts | 206 
      Reply #719: Apr 07, 2024 06:06:28 pm
      He is baros 2.0

Can never see the fckn pass and looks at his feet running before losing the ball

His dad keeps talking about this Barcelona dream, let’s make dreams come true because he isn’t even committed to us

Get on someone with more end product imo
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,795 posts | 3379 
      Reply #720: Apr 07, 2024 06:13:42 pm
      Sorry forgot who scored the opener - what is it with some straight onto players threads to slag them off
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,034 posts | 2090 
      Reply #721: Apr 07, 2024 06:21:25 pm
      Sorry forgot who scored the opener - what is it with some straight onto players threads to slag them off

Turns out you can score in a game and still prove yourself as absolute w*nk.

Can you imagine the amount of goals we'd have got if we had a forward who had a pair of balls and a brain on him?

He's a Spurs player at best. Someone who deceives you as good but will let you down and embarrass you in the big moments and deliver the sum total of F**k all silverware.

Sell him now while we can still get good dosh for him.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,005 posts | 521 
      Reply #722: Apr 07, 2024 09:49:53 pm
      Another big game where he fu**ed it up. Scores the easy ones at the near post which you'd expect. But that was it from him.

Receives the ball, won't pass, won't pass, won't pass...then passes but it's too late. Receives the ball, takes it inside, inside, inside holds onto it and then loses control and commits a foul. Screams at the ref for his own incompetence.

Ball is teed up for him...blazes it over.

All the while his dad, is farting off in the press talking about this, that and everything about Diaz playing and should be playing for Madrid  or Barca.

'But he's industrious...'. He's industrious for sure...but he's industrious in the same way that a British Leyland factory in the 1970s was...ie 95% of the output being unmitigated dogshit.

A tiresome, overrated player who is lucky to wear the red shirt.

He does hold onto the ball too long, I'll give you that. But your agenda against him is way over the top - "unmitigated dogshit", " no balls", "bottler" etc. Where is this coming from? Very vitriolic attacks on a player who anybody can see is trying very hard for us out there on the pitch.

Today he had a mixed day, missed a very good chance, held the ball too long sometimes, but also beat people, pressed really well, created chances for others, scored. As has been the case in quite a few games recently, he was actually the best of our front 3.

Criticism of players is fine, no player is above that, but going after him the way you are is over the top.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts | 45 
      Reply #723: Apr 07, 2024 09:54:07 pm
      He is baros 2.0

Can never see the fckn pass and looks at his feet running before losing the ball

His dad keeps talking about this Barcelona dream, let’s make dreams come true because he isn’t even committed to us

Get on someone with more end product imo
      might get a move to barnsley the cheeky tw*t🤣🤣
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #724: Apr 08, 2024 06:50:07 am
      He does hold onto the ball too long, I'll give you that. But your agenda against him is way over the top - "unmitigated dogshit", " no balls", "bottler" etc. Where is this coming from? Very vitriolic attacks on a player who anybody can see is trying very hard for us out there on the pitch.

Today he had a mixed day, missed a very good chance, held the ball too long sometimes, but also beat people, pressed really well, created chances for others, scored. As has been the case in quite a few games recently, he was actually the best of our front 3.

Criticism of players is fine, no player is above that, but going after him the way you are is over the top.

100% agree with this.

Never heard FMS talk like that about any of the players.

He's either been hacked or is just done with him.

I acknowledge every frustration he has about Luis, but F**k, if he wasn't there, we'd be even more toothless in front of goal. He is still popping up with crucial goals and yes there could and should be more G's and A's but he has kept us in this, that's for sure!

I just still can't get over that pass to Mo that he played behind him. That was just poor from a Player of his ability.

Plays it in front of him and Mo slots that!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,783 posts | 392 
      Reply #725: Apr 08, 2024 11:45:36 am
      100% agree with this.

Never heard FMS talk like that about any of the players.

He's either been hacked or is just done with him.

I acknowledge every frustration he has about Luis, but F**k, if he wasn't there, we'd be even more toothless in front of goal. He is still popping up with crucial goals and yes there could and should be more G's and A's but he has kept us in this, that's for sure!

I just still can't get over that pass to Mo that he played behind him. That was just poor from a Player of his ability.

Plays it in front of him and Mo slots that!

Definitely been hacked or the years of over positivity have caused him to crack  :D
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,418 posts | 206 
      Reply #726: Apr 08, 2024 01:34:56 pm
      Turns out you can score in a game and still prove yourself as absolute w*nk.

Can you imagine the amount of goals we'd have got if we had a forward who had a pair of balls and a brain on him?

He's a Spurs player at best. Someone who deceives you as good but will let you down and embarrass you in the big moments and deliver the sum total of F**k all silverware.

Sell him now while we can still get good dosh for him.

Fans are so blinded by someone scoring a goal not even thinking about the performance levels. Is just how some modern fans are these days

He is a really good dribbler but he can only do it whilst looking at the ball and floor. Hes had so many chances this season that he’s fluffed because he can’t play with his head up. His dad has also been so disrespectful to the club and he hasn’t come out and defended the club? Get him out and get someone more committed imo
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,418 posts | 206 
      Reply #727: Apr 08, 2024 01:37:24 pm
      Sky sports stat

Diaz has missed 62.5 percent of his big chances this season- big chances defined as 1 on 1 in the box requiring a finish to just beat the keeper
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,034 posts | 2090 
      Reply #728: Apr 08, 2024 08:06:46 pm
      Definitely been hacked or the years of over positivity have caused him to crack  :D

I can only apologise for the rampant negativity. But he seriously reminds me of a Martin Skrtel type player - someone who tricks people into thinking they're a good player but is actually more of a problem than he appears.

Playing wise he reminds me of Aaron Lennon or Shaun Wright Phillips. Attacking verve with nothing to it and brain farts galore when he gets into the critical areas of the pitch. His stats aren't too dissimilar to Wright Phillips at Man City or Aaron Lennon at Spurs. What's worse is that those pair weren't exactly playing in teams that could be considered attacking or high quality.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2024 08:14:19 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,231 posts | 744 
      Reply #729: Apr 08, 2024 08:12:28 pm
      I can only apologise for the rampant negativity. But he seriously reminds me of a Martin Skrtel type player - someone who tricks people into thinking they're a good player but is actually more of a problem than he appears.

He reminds me of Aaron Lennon or Shaun Wright Phillips. Attacking verve with nothing to it and brain farts galore when he gets into the critical areas of the pitch. His stats aren't too dissimilar to Wright Phillips at Man City or Aaron Lennon at Spurs. What's worse is that Lennon and Wright Philips weren't exactly playing in teams that could be considered attacking.
      All opinions on here as valid as any other....You are well within your right to think he's a load of Sh*te
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 858 
      Reply #730: Apr 09, 2024 03:52:51 am
      Credit where credit is due for being our standout forward in the last 4 or 5 games. While I maintain my opinion that he's not a prolific scorer like Jota or Mane, his recent performances have been commendable. Though he may not start over Jota when everyone is fit, having a player like him in the team adds valuable diversity, especially when he displays a positive attacking mindset rather than slowing down play with repetitive patterns.

With all that said, the irony is that if Jota was playing on Sunday, he would've bagged himself a hat-trick.

Quick Reply