Trending Topics

Next match: Lyon v LFC [Friendly] Sun 11th Dec @ 2:00 pm
      Al Makhtoum Stadium

Today is the 9th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W13 D5 L7

Caoimhin Kelleher Player Thread (GK)

Read 16067 times
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts | 39 
      Re: Caoimhin Kelleher Player Thread (GK)
      Reply #138: Nov 10, 2022 10:28:41 am
      When he had to play when Becker was out he was great and he is also very impressive to fellow goalies after that shootout surely, made up for him. Becker wouldn't have done better in a shootout (probably, who knows but yep)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,343 posts | 3211 
      Reply #139: Nov 10, 2022 10:47:19 am
      His stock is huge right now - looks so calm and composed. You know he could handle any occasion.

He’ll leave to a massive club next season.
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,745 posts | 846 
      Reply #140: Nov 10, 2022 11:58:14 am
      His stock is huge right now - looks so calm and composed. You know he could handle any occasion.

He’ll leave to a massive club next season.
      Would love for him to hang around but I understand if he wants to go. He wouldn’t be stuck behind many keepers but, unfortunately for him, Alisson is one of them. If he does go, hopefully we get a bit of cash for him. I’m guessing the fact he is a back up keeper will mean it won’t be crazy money.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,535 posts | 1262 
      Reply #141: Nov 10, 2022 12:14:58 pm
      One of if not the best number two we’ve had , and probably better than some of the no1 we’ve had as well .
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 1430 
      • YNWA
      Reply #142: Nov 10, 2022 03:48:42 pm
      What a performance again in a shootout, Kelleher is definitely one of the reasons we've improved in the league cup, his saves have been important again as they were last year. Super shot stopper and imho better with the ball at his feet than Ally.
      Ally obviously still the number one and one of the best in the World, but Kelleher is a very able deputy.
      gazred
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts | 61 
      Reply #143: Nov 10, 2022 06:07:33 pm
      Would love for him to hang around but I understand if he wants to go. He wouldn’t be stuck behind many keepers but, unfortunately for him, Alisson is one of them. If he does go, hopefully we get a bit of cash for him. I’m guessing the fact he is a back up keeper will mean it won’t be crazy money.

When Ward went to Leicester we got about 12 million. Kelleher is a better GK and has a lot more experience. With transfer fee inflation we might be able to get 25-30 million from a Premier league team.

I'd prefer him to stay but that is unlikely, he'll want to be number 1 somewhere.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,253 posts | 2063 
      Reply #144: Nov 10, 2022 07:37:34 pm
      I think he will stay for a while yet , he is learning from one of the best and still has a way to go to develop
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,570 posts | 536 
      Reply #145: Nov 10, 2022 08:27:05 pm
      Superb to have him as back up keeper. Certainly earned a reputation in penalty shoot outs !
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 3282 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #146: Nov 20, 2022 08:18:13 pm
      At the moment, he is playing against my country, Malta. Until the sixtieth minute, he has kept a clean sheet.

Quick Reply