Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Caoimhin Kelleher Player Thread (GK)

Read 33312 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Re: Caoimhin Kelleher Player Thread (GK)
      Reply #230: Feb 26, 2024 02:12:47 pm
      Suspect if Celtic come calling he will go. Especially now Joe hart is retiring.

Won't Brendan be going to bring Kasper home ;)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #231: Feb 26, 2024 02:38:41 pm
      Na Bud, hopefuly not, small Club who will only most likely win their domestic cups and their Farmers League.

What's so ambitious about that?
      Small club? I hope that’s tongue in cheek because you’ve never struck me as dumb.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #232: Feb 26, 2024 03:47:14 pm
      I'd maybe sanction a 2 year loan if Ali is committed here long term. Or if a prem team comes in and he wants to leave ... add a buy back clause in the deal.

This would be my approach also. Remember Chelsea did this with Courtois at Atletico.

He was fantastic yesterday, had the game finished 0-0 he was nailed on as MOTM.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Reply #233: Feb 26, 2024 04:15:46 pm
      He really is a proper goalie. The maturity he showed to anticipate and snuff out danger reminded me of the very best in his position. Too good to carry on being an understudy so I think he'll be sold with a buy back clause. I fancy he will attract interest from clubs in stronger leagues and with more money to spend than Celtic.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #234: Feb 26, 2024 05:24:56 pm
      Won't Brendan be going to bring Kasper home ;)

L o l maybe
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #235: Feb 27, 2024 12:38:07 pm
      I take all my slander back. He played with confidence and maturity in the final.

Love it!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #236: Feb 27, 2024 01:56:18 pm
      5 Games 15 Points. Win Rate 100%
      2 major cup finals, 2 clean sheets, 2 wins. Can't argue with that imo.

How many other EPL keepers have that record from their first 5 league games of the season? Most of them cost a hell of a lot more money than he did.

Quote from AussieRed
      Na Bud, hopefuly not, small Club who will only most likely win their domestic cups and their Farmers League.

What's so ambitious about that?

Celtic attracts Irishmen as Munich attracts Germans as Madrid attracts Spaniards. If he does move, he's moving for the sake of his international career. His status as No. 2 here is wrecking it unfortunately.

I have no issue with him in goal. I hope he gets his chance to face City next week, as I know he'll be busy and he'll do a great job. But I think Alisson will be drafted in, if he's even half fit.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 830 posts | 160 
      Reply #237: Feb 27, 2024 02:50:43 pm
      Celtic?

They don't have a penny to their name.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #238: Feb 29, 2024 02:48:28 am
      Small club? I hope that’s tongue in cheek because you’ve never struck me as dumb.

Small Club in my eyes when u compare to them to some of the "Giants" of World Football mate.

You wouldn't name them in your Top 10 biggest Rivals in Football, would you? Because if you did, then who is the dumb one?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #239: Feb 29, 2024 09:16:44 am
      Small Club in my eyes when u compare to them to some of the "Giants" of World Football mate.

You wouldn't name them in your Top 10 biggest Rivals in Football, would you? Because if you did, then who is the dumb one?
      I mean they did beat us 2-0 at Anfield some 20 years ago. Then 1-0 in a pre-season friendly 10 years ago.

To your point though, no I wouldn’t name them as one of our biggest rivals but that does not suggest they are a small club. Far from it. In case you didn’t know, Celtic were the first British team to win the European Cup. Ask most people and they will suggest the Old Firm is one of the biggest derbies in football. Virgil and Dalglish are among some of our own that have played for Celtic, I’d be interested to hear their thoughts on Celtic being a small club. Celtic have fan clubs all over the world, Celtic have won over 100 trophies, Celtic sell out their 60k stadium practically every week…

Maybe a knowledge gap or maybe ignorance but let me assure you Celtic are not a “small club”. Say what you want about Scottish football and I can probably agree with you on most of it. The amount of “quality” right now is probably at an all time low for the 2 Old Firm clubs but do you think Liverpool suddenly became a small club when we had won 1 league cup in over 10 years? Or are United suddenly a small club because they’ve only won 1 league cup since 2017. I mean they are sh*te but they are not a small club.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #240: Feb 29, 2024 10:05:36 am
      Alisson will have to earn his way back in to the side when he returns.

Caoimhin is immense.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #241: Feb 29, 2024 10:13:48 am

Caoimhin is immense.

Do he doesn’t , Allison goes straight back in as soon as fit
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #242: Feb 29, 2024 10:43:53 am
      There's a serious bang of automation off those replies....
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 830 posts | 160 
      Reply #243: Feb 29, 2024 10:48:51 am

Caoimhin is immense.

He's our #1 and has been since day 1. He doesn't suddenly become #2 because Kelleher's had some brilliant performances in the cups, he's simply doing what we require from our #2.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #244: Feb 29, 2024 10:56:27 am
      He certainly performs well in the cups, with medals to show, which have been truly earned.
      Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1400 
      Reply #245: Feb 29, 2024 04:06:06 pm
      Said t'other day deluded Leeds fan claims if Leeds come up they've got him nailed on. Certainly won't go down a division that's for sure. Under contract till 2026 (probably already mentioned) but do we hold him back if he wants first team football.

One on one he's nearly as good as Ali. We have to factor in what the new manager might do. That's an unkown. Arguable we've got the best No 1 and No 2 in Europe if not the world.

Probably leaping all over the place today.

« Last Edit: Feb 29, 2024 05:54:28 pm by Harrisimo »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #246: Feb 29, 2024 08:51:49 pm
      Selfishly I hope we keep him for as long as we can but he deserves to play regular Premier League football.

I expect him to want to leave this summer.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #247: Mar 01, 2024 08:41:50 pm
      I mean they did beat us 2-0 at Anfield some 20 years ago. Then 1-0 in a pre-season friendly 10 years ago.

To your point though, no I wouldn’t name them as one of our biggest rivals but that does not suggest they are a small club. Far from it. In case you didn’t know, Celtic were the first British team to win the European Cup. Ask most people and they will suggest the Old Firm is one of the biggest derbies in football. Virgil and Dalglish are among some of our own that have played for Celtic, I’d be interested to hear their thoughts on Celtic being a small club. Celtic have fan clubs all over the world, Celtic have won over 100 trophies, Celtic sell out their 60k stadium practically every week…

Maybe a knowledge gap or maybe ignorance but let me assure you Celtic are not a “small club”. Say what you want about Scottish football and I can probably agree with you on most of it. The amount of “quality” right now is probably at an all time low for the 2 Old Firm clubs but do you think Liverpool suddenly became a small club when we had won 1 league cup in over 10 years? Or are United suddenly a small club because they’ve only won 1 league cup since 2017. I mean they are sh*te but they are not a small club.

Mate every Team is a small club compared to our mighty Liverpool.

Stop being pedantic…you know what I was on about!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 765 
      Reply #248: Mar 01, 2024 10:04:45 pm
      The Premier league has got loads of good keepers; I think all good keepers are much of a muchness. The Premier league has got a few very good keepers: I think all very good keepers are much of a muchness.  Liverpool Football Club have got two great keepers; I think these two keepers are much of a muchness.
      They have different styles, and different strengths...but both of them are first class at stopping the opposition from scoring....which all said and done is what they're paid to do. Caoimhin has come on heaps and bounds....he's number two....just.

*Just like there aren't any bad brain surgeons, there aren't any bad goal keepers*
      « Last Edit: Mar 01, 2024 10:09:48 pm by Longy-Shops »
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #249: Mar 02, 2024 06:12:22 pm
      Best keeper in the league while Ali isn't there. End of story. Immense again today.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 765 
      Reply #250: Mar 02, 2024 06:14:54 pm
      Cool as a proverbial cucumber......nothing phases him
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #251: Mar 02, 2024 06:40:05 pm
      Selfishly I hope we keep him for as long as we can but he deserves to play regular Premier League football.

I expect him to want to leave this summer.
      Yeah fully expect him to want to move on in the summer he is just far too good to be number two.
      What a talent he is.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #252: Mar 02, 2024 07:02:12 pm
      Best keeper in the league while Ali isn't there. End of story. Immense again today.

Not seen match but only highlights so far and kept a couple out again. Still the best No 2 in the league for me.

Quick Reply