Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Caoimhin Kelleher Player Thread (GK)

Read 31752 times
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Re: Caoimhin Kelleher Player Thread (GK)
      Reply #138: Nov 10, 2022 10:28:41 am
      When he had to play when Becker was out he was great and he is also very impressive to fellow goalies after that shootout surely, made up for him. Becker wouldn't have done better in a shootout (probably, who knows but yep)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #139: Nov 10, 2022 10:47:19 am
      His stock is huge right now - looks so calm and composed. You know he could handle any occasion.

He’ll leave to a massive club next season.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #140: Nov 10, 2022 11:58:14 am
      His stock is huge right now - looks so calm and composed. You know he could handle any occasion.

He’ll leave to a massive club next season.
      Would love for him to hang around but I understand if he wants to go. He wouldn’t be stuck behind many keepers but, unfortunately for him, Alisson is one of them. If he does go, hopefully we get a bit of cash for him. I’m guessing the fact he is a back up keeper will mean it won’t be crazy money.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #141: Nov 10, 2022 12:14:58 pm
      One of if not the best number two we’ve had , and probably better than some of the no1 we’ve had as well .
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #142: Nov 10, 2022 03:48:42 pm
      What a performance again in a shootout, Kelleher is definitely one of the reasons we've improved in the league cup, his saves have been important again as they were last year. Super shot stopper and imho better with the ball at his feet than Ally.
      Ally obviously still the number one and one of the best in the World, but Kelleher is a very able deputy.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #143: Nov 10, 2022 06:07:33 pm
      Would love for him to hang around but I understand if he wants to go. He wouldn’t be stuck behind many keepers but, unfortunately for him, Alisson is one of them. If he does go, hopefully we get a bit of cash for him. I’m guessing the fact he is a back up keeper will mean it won’t be crazy money.

When Ward went to Leicester we got about 12 million. Kelleher is a better GK and has a lot more experience. With transfer fee inflation we might be able to get 25-30 million from a Premier league team.

I'd prefer him to stay but that is unlikely, he'll want to be number 1 somewhere.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #144: Nov 10, 2022 07:37:34 pm
      I think he will stay for a while yet , he is learning from one of the best and still has a way to go to develop
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #145: Nov 10, 2022 08:27:05 pm
      Superb to have him as back up keeper. Certainly earned a reputation in penalty shoot outs !
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #146: Nov 20, 2022 08:18:13 pm
      At the moment, he is playing against my country, Malta. Until the sixtieth minute, he has kept a clean sheet.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #147: Jan 18, 2023 09:22:18 am
      Not seen this lad make a mistake yet when he’s been on the team sheet. Not only the best No2 I’ve ever know you lot to have but also best No 2 in the league that I know of. Surly he deserves a place as a No 1 in the premier league. ?

Wouldn’t be surprised if he tried for another club unless he’s contented as a No2.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #148: Jan 18, 2023 09:46:03 am
      Not seen this lad make a mistake yet when he’s been on the team sheet. Not only the best No2 I’ve ever know you lot to have but also best No 2 in the league that I know of. Surly he deserves a place as a No 1 in the premier league. ?

Wouldn’t be surprised if he tried for another club unless he’s contented as a No2.

Literally only a handful of clubs who have a better keeper than him in my opinion.

And we're one of them so doesn't leave many

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #149: Jan 18, 2023 10:25:55 am
      Skys the limit for him.

If I was him, id ask for a loan move next season to play week in week out.

Worth staying on our books because Ali will leave at some point in the future.

Unless we sell him and put a buy back clause in for the future.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #150: Jan 18, 2023 10:35:38 am
      Skys the limit for him.

If I was him, id ask for a loan move next season to play week in week out.

Worth staying on our books because Ali will leave at some point in the future.

Unless we sell him and put a buy back clause in for the future.

Actually not a bad call that Brez.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #151: Jan 18, 2023 10:56:47 am
      Next season I would sell him to a PL team for a low fee with the option of buy him back for cheap and I would do so after two years when Alisson's time would be done.

Another option would be a two-year loan deal like Oblak had with At. Madrid and then bring him back. He is 24 years old and would 26 after this transfer.

He's so good. We can't loss him without having the option to buy him back cheaply.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #152: Jan 18, 2023 10:59:33 am
      Next season I would sell him to a PL team for a low fee with the option of buy him back for cheap and I would do so after two years when Alisson's time would be done.

Another option would be a two-year loan deal like Oblak had with At. Madrid and then bring him back. He is 24 years old and would 26 after this transfer.

He's so good. We can't loss him without having the option to buy him back cheaply.

Alisson will be done at 32?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #153: Jan 18, 2023 01:06:35 pm

He won't.

But could be looking to move so would be nice to have that option on Kelleher
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #154: Jan 18, 2023 02:10:24 pm
      Kelleher deserves a chance to play first-team football and cement his career. I don't imagine the team will stand in his way if that is what he wishes to do, which he should, to be honest. However, he'd add to the HG hole we have to fill in the summer.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #155: Jan 18, 2023 03:41:16 pm

Still in his prime for a goalkeeper Clint, no way will he be over the top.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #156: Jan 18, 2023 03:49:28 pm
      It’s a tough one because I tbink we will get at least another 4-6 years out of Allison

So unless he wants to leave then Kelleher may need to go out on loan or leave
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #157: Jan 19, 2023 08:31:28 am

Still in his prime for a goalkeeper Clint, no way will he be over the top.

If he is willing to stay and still be top of his game, I would keep Alisson but we need to have a very good back up plan that does not break the bank.

It's an option, we should consider. Either 2yr loan or sell him cheaply with the option to buy him back cheaply.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #158: Jan 19, 2023 09:13:23 am
      He won't.

But could be looking to move so would be nice to have that option on Kelleher

Yea he wont be done, keepers are going late into 30s now no problems.

But he may fancy a move back home or somewhere sunny to finish his career in the sun.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #159: Jan 19, 2023 10:20:47 am
      If he is willing to stay and still be top of his game, I would keep Alisson but we need to have a very good back up plan that does not break the bank.

It's an option, we should consider. Either 2yr loan or sell him cheaply with the option to buy him back cheaply.

He’s one the the players in football that I admire as he keeps himself to himself from what I know, I maybe wrong but never heard him blast away on social media like so many morons do.

That’s the reason I think he’s willing to stay and certainly not showing any signs ( which I don’t expect for a keeper at his age )  of dropping in form. He’s made the odd mistake but if you compare his mistakes to players I’m pretty sure Allisson been your player of the year so far? Can you name anyone who’s been more consistent than him? I can’t  🤷‍♂️

He’s very much still top of his game, yes it’s a option to loan him out but we’d be all guessing if that would suit Kelleher.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #160: Jan 19, 2023 10:22:46 am
      Quite easily could have Allison for another decade.

For me if Kelleher was keen on a 2 year loan that would be the best option.

Best for him and also a safety key of anything out of the ordinary did happen with Allison.

Quick Reply