Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Caoimhin Kelleher Player Thread (GK)

Read 31811 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Caoimhin Kelleher Player Thread (GK)
      Reply #161: Jan 19, 2023 10:38:42 am
      He’s one the the players in football that I admire as he keeps himself to himself from what I know, I maybe wrong but never heard him blast away on social media like so many morons do.

That’s the reason I think he’s willing to stay and certainly not showing any signs ( which I don’t expect for a keeper at his age )  of dropping in form. He’s made the odd mistake but if you compare his mistakes to players I’m pretty sure Allisson been your player of the year so far? Can you name anyone who’s been more consistent than him? I can’t  🤷‍♂️

He’s very much still top of his game, yes it’s a option to loan him out but we’d be all guessing if that would suit Kelleher.

He is our POYT till now, hopefully he won't be at the end of year not due to form but our defense's form.

If he keeps his level, he will be here for long but we need to have a very good plan B, Kelleher.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,236 posts | 752 
      Reply #162: Jan 19, 2023 11:34:42 am
      Hope Kelleher stays, the defence looked more secure, against Wolves. I hope he starts against Brighton in the next round of the cup.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #163: Jan 19, 2023 12:10:51 pm
      Quote from CT_LFC
      Kelleher deserves a chance to play first-team football and cement his career. I don't imagine the team will stand in his way if that is what he wishes to do, which he should, to be honest. However, he'd add to the HG hole we have to fill in the summer.

This conversation has been had for the past 3 years, after every game he plays, and every motm performance he has. He gave his answer by signing that contract 18 months ago. So it's a terrible shame that all we talk about is his future, when we should appreciate what he is doing when he gets the chance to do it. 10 clean sheets in 20 games for the club, against all sorts of teams and competitions.

As for Alisson, his best days are behind him. He has joined the 30+ generation, literally handed Wolves a cup replay the other week, almost gave away a penalty last week, and has kept only 4 clean sheets in the league all season, none at all in the last 3 months, and we are where we are in the table. That doesn't make him player of the season, just not quite as bad as the others in front of him. It certainly doesn't mean he can't be questioned.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,665 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #164: Jan 19, 2023 12:26:03 pm

As for Alisson, his best days are behind him. He has joined the 30+ generation, literally handed Wolves a cup replay the other week, almost gave away a penalty last week, and has kept only 4 clean sheets in the league all season, none at all in the last 3 months, and we are where we are in the table. That doesn't make him player of the season, just not quite as bad as the others in front of him. It certainly doesn't mean he can't be questioned.

You honestly haven’t a clue what your talking about lad. He’s been your best player so far and you state he’s over the hill.?  All goalkeepers make mistakes  just like players buts he’s are in very few compared to the rest of the team. 

If you knew anything about football you’d know 30 isn’t over the hill for a goalkeeper, far from it.

Your a wum on VAR, wum on F1, your a wum on here and doubtful you even support Liverpool. Also 100% a wool as they call you on here.  :tosser:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,139 posts | 1195 
      Reply #165: Jan 19, 2023 01:07:13 pm
      Hope he stays but understand if he decided to move on. Key then would be getting buy back option or sell on fee. Alli isn't going anywhere. Goalies can play at the highest level well into their 30s.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #166: Jan 19, 2023 06:27:45 pm
      He’s one the the players in football that I admire as he keeps himself to himself from what I know, I maybe wrong but never heard him blast away on social media like so many morons do.

That’s the reason I think he’s willing to stay and certainly not showing any signs ( which I don’t expect for a keeper at his age )  of dropping in form. He’s made the odd mistake but if you compare his mistakes to players I’m pretty sure Allisson been your player of the year so far? Can you name anyone who’s been more consistent than him? I can’t  🤷‍♂️

He’s very much still top of his game, yes it’s a option to loan him out but we’d be all guessing if that would suit Kelleher.

Only real mistake is the Wolves one and tbh you can't call him when you look at some of yhe saves and the games he's kept us in this season.

Currently I don't even worry if Jürgen changes keepers as Kelleher is a superb back up to Ali. It's just how long we can keep hold of him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #167: Jan 19, 2023 06:33:02 pm

Oh F**k off you Irish tit!!

Ali's F***ing superb and to say his best days behind him just reeks of more of your armchair ramblings. I watch him week in week out, he's been our best player this season. His mistake at Wolves could also be levelled at Thiago for passing back and putting Ali under pressure.

The fact we have two F***ing good keepers still hasn't dawned on you has it!! Surely that's a bonus, but oh no not in your book.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #168: Jun 01, 2023 04:20:10 pm
      Kenny: Kelleher needs to leave Liverpool
      Republic of Ireland boss Stephen Kenny has admitted goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher needs to leave Liverpool this summer if he is to fulfil his potential.

The 24-year-old will meet up with his international colleagues ahead of the Euro 2024 qualifiers against Greece and Gibraltar later this month and resume his battle with Gavin Bazunu for the role of Ireland's number one.

However, the man who played in the Reds' 2022 Carabao Cup final victory over Chelsea is still firmly in the shadow of Brazilian star Alisson Becker at Anfield and made just four club appearances for his club last season, and Kenny expects him to seek pastures new before the new campaign gets under way.

He said: "I would fully expect that. It's not right normally to speak about a player moving, but he's at the stage where he's behind probably one of the best goalkeepers in the world and it's not going to get any easier.

"He can't afford not playing. He knows that and he's known that for a while. It's not easy. There's a process you go through with a club like that and I think and it wouldn't be a surprise for him to move in the summer, and he knows that.

"I think he's ready to go and play regularly because he needs to. It's hard to leave Liverpool, it's such an iconic club, but he's not so young now. He's 24 and he needs to play and he knows that."
      https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

This doesn't surprise me really. Can see clubs lining up for him as well.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #169: Dec 03, 2023 04:32:29 pm
      I always used to think he was a more than able deputy and in fact a worthy No1 but not so sure anymore.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #170: Dec 03, 2023 05:29:54 pm
      If it wasn't already obvious how important Allison is to us.  :f_doh:

i do think Kelleher is one of those players that gets better, the more often he plays.

But some of those goals tho...bloody hell.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #171: Dec 03, 2023 05:47:29 pm
      Really don't get a lot of the criticism from.today. No chance with first and third, second he was off balance but could have done a bit better.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #172: Jan 15, 2024 11:34:09 am
      Rumours up here that celtic are coming calling in the summer to sign our man.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #173: Jan 15, 2024 03:10:00 pm
      I read a rumor that Patterson from Sunderland was a our target man if he leaves. I told this to my 10 year old and he freaked out and acted like I said we were signing prime Modric. He's a big fan of the kid ;D.  Said if we get him he's getting his kit.

Kids a moron
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #174: Jan 15, 2024 05:05:20 pm

Too talented to spend long portions of his career as backup.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 275 
      Reply #175: Jan 15, 2024 05:12:21 pm

Agreed, his progress appears to have stalled slightly this season. Celtic would be a good option for him.

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,331 posts | 1036 
      Reply #176: Jan 15, 2024 06:55:07 pm
      Agreed, his progress appears to have stalled slightly this season. Celtic would be a good option for him.

He's too good for celtic. Needs to be playing in the Prem ... or germany. Best 2 Leagues.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 275 
      Reply #177: Jan 15, 2024 07:31:00 pm
      He's too good for celtic. Needs to be playing in the Prem ... or germany. Best 2 Leagues.

Celtic will always have an emotional attraction for a lot of Irish players. Also guaranteed European football every season.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #178: Jan 15, 2024 11:41:36 pm
      Celtic will always have an emotional attraction for a lot of Irish players. Also guaranteed European football every season.

While that is undoubtedly true, I'd be surprised if Celtic could afford the transfer fee.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #179: Jan 16, 2024 08:25:58 am
      I read a rumor that Patterson from Sunderland was a our target man if he leaves. I told this to my 10 year old and he freaked out and acted like I said we were signing prime Modric. He's a big fan of the kid ;D.  Said if we get him he's getting his kit.

Kids a moron

L O L
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #180: Jan 16, 2024 08:27:12 am

If I were him get out as well. His time is now to be a no.1
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #181: Jan 16, 2024 08:28:23 am

Perfect for celtic for those reasons and also footballing side, most games they have the ball for 80% possession, so goalie needs to be switched on and used to that. Same as a Liverpool goalie.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #182: Jan 16, 2024 08:30:34 am
      While that is undoubtedly true, I'd be surprised if Celtic could afford the transfer fee.

How much you think we are selling him for ? may not even be a straight sale ?

Celtic have 70mill in the bank as well, + this years champions league money. And when they win the league this season, guaranteed more champions league money with the new format.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #183: Jan 16, 2024 10:17:04 am
      How much you think we are selling him for ? may not even be a straight sale ?

Celtic have 70mill in the bank as well, + this years champions league money. And when they win the league this season, guaranteed more champions league money with the new format.

I think we'll be looking for at least 20 mill.

He's a full international, he's still young for a keeper and he's got a couple of years left on his contract. If we were selling a first choice player with those credentials then we'd be looking for astronomical amounts so for a second choice player I expect 20 million plus.

That would mean a new transfer record for Celtic.

If they do have 70 million in the bank (I'll trust you as you know more about the Scottish game than I do) then maybe they'll be prepared to splash that amount on him.

Quick Reply