Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Man Utd [Premier League] Sun 16th Dec @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 12th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D6 L6

Rhian Brewster Player Thread

Read 6193 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Jan 24, 2017 08:39:38 pm
      So this is our latest superstar in the making and if so "thank you Michael Beale".  We got him off Chelsea thanks to Beale, who used to coach him whilst there. 

He's been involved in Pep's Futures Group at Melwood since he arrived as a 15yr old, was part of the group who went out to Tenerife with Jürgen last March/April.  Scored 5 in 3 games for Englands u16s in the summer, stepped up to the u18s this season with consumate ease, then wowed Jürgen when he scored a hat trick in a behind closed doors friendly against Huddersfield in the last International break.

He made his u23s debut in Sundays Cup game against Ipswich, scoring a superb volley and didn't look out of place. 

We could do with a new striker when Sturridge goes, especially if Origi remains in the doldrums  ;D

First Name: Rhian

Surname: Brewster

Position: Striker

D.O.B: 04/01/2000

Town Of Birth: London, England

Rhian is a talented striker with an eye for goal.

An England U17 international, he arrived at Liverpool at the age of 15 when he was signed from Chelsea.

During his time with the Londoners Rhian was coached by current Reds U23 boss Michael Beale.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jan 24, 2017 08:57:06 pm
      I missed the game against Ipswich but I watched the individual highlights of Brewster & Woodburn on Mr Boywunder's YouTube channel and they both looked like they had great games, Woodburn especially. Definitely need to watch more of Brewster, not really seen him play much before.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #2: Jan 24, 2017 09:09:24 pm
      I missed the game against Ipswich but I watched the individual highlights of Brewster & Woodburn on Mr Boywunder's YouTube channel and they both looked like they had great games, Woodburn especially. Definitely need to watch more of Brewster, not really seen him play much before.

There's not been many u18s games shown live on lfctv this season mate so neither have I but there's one on this weekend.  Saturday 10.30am against Derby.  I'm recording it as I'm working but if he's with the 23s again their game's live on Sunday 11.30am against Sunderland.

I've managed to see his goals from the 15 minute highlights they do.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,399 posts | 1971 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3: Jan 24, 2017 10:15:11 pm
      Saw an article about this lad on the Echo last week I think. I was actually looking for news about Matip but they mentioned Brewster as one of the most promising players in the academy right now.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,321 posts | 103 
      Reply #4: Jan 25, 2017 02:48:21 pm
      Breath of fresh air :scarf:
      RC9
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,992 posts | 186 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5: Jan 25, 2017 02:59:42 pm
      Kid went to my school, always had a football with him, figures his turned out this good.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #6: Jan 25, 2017 03:29:39 pm
      There's not been many u18s games shown live on lfctv this season mate so neither have I but there's one on this weekend.  Saturday 10.30am against Derby.  I'm recording it as I'm working but if he's with the 23s again their game's live on Sunday 11.30am against Sunderland.

I've managed to see his goals from the 15 minute highlights they do.

I have coaching Saturday morning so will have to be a record job for me too if he is playing for the 18's.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #7: May 04, 2017 01:13:58 pm
      Just scored for England under-17's. They're on Eurosport now against Norway.
      nelioneil
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,718 posts | 95 
      Reply #8: May 04, 2017 07:30:41 pm
      Have been hearing rave reviews in the academy and now scoring for England. For those who've been watching him, is he ready to step up to first team football (cup games etc...)
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,724 posts | 1600 
      Reply #9: May 04, 2017 07:54:45 pm
      Have been hearing rave reviews in the academy and now scoring for England. For those who've been watching him, is he ready to step up to first team football (cup games etc...)

The gaffer said we won't be using Brewster or rely on any of the kids next season unless it is just for experience
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1366 
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 33 
      Reply #11: Oct 12, 2017 10:40:55 am
      watching this lad in the U-17s.

Needs to work a bit more on his composure in front of goal.

Missed some pretty good chances in the 2 games so far but then scored a terrific free kick to break his tournament duck.

Still 50-50 on this lad but showed bags of potential if properly nurtured.

Has some Mario Balotelli type traits in him. One to keep a very close eye on. Some pretty interesting lads in the English U-17 set-up. Not sure how many we have in the team though.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,499 posts | 255 
      Reply #12: Oct 21, 2017 05:26:55 pm
      just scored a peno for a hat trick for England as they beat  USA 4-1.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #13: Oct 21, 2017 06:13:14 pm
      Well done Rhian.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,679 posts | 2594 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Oct 22, 2017 01:40:25 am
      3 goals and 1 assist, good lad!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15: Oct 22, 2017 08:47:15 am
      Well done, do the last steps. Good luck :)
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 732 posts | 207 
      Reply #16: Oct 22, 2017 09:37:21 pm
      Great job Rhian. Quick question lad, how would you like to play CB?
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 33 
      Reply #17: Oct 25, 2017 12:41:52 pm
      Another goal from this lad in the semis. Still needs to improve his composure in front of goal but definitely a poacher
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 33 
      Reply #18: Oct 25, 2017 12:42:31 pm
      Game still ongoing. Eng vs Bra in semis of the world U17
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 33 
      Reply #19: Oct 25, 2017 01:11:48 pm
      The lad now has 2 goals against Brazil in the semis. Scores now 2-1 to England. Real poachers goal. Scored a hattrick in the last round agains the USA
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 732 posts | 207 
      Reply #20: Oct 25, 2017 01:47:20 pm
      Another goal from this lad in the semis. Still needs to improve his composure in front of goal but definitely a poacher

Look like a Salah goal
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1366 
      Reply #21: Oct 25, 2017 02:07:03 pm
      3 goals :D
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 272 posts | 57 
      Reply #22: Oct 25, 2017 02:08:46 pm
      Get him in the first team ;D
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,136 posts | 1725 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #23: Oct 25, 2017 02:35:02 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,100 posts | 4579 
      • YNWA
      Reply #24: Oct 25, 2017 03:35:32 pm
      Fantastic Rhian!

What I find so tragic about this young England generation is that they're probably the best in the world but because they play for England it probably means that their talent will be sabotaged and lost forever unless the likes of Brewster and co find their way to the first teams of top Premier League clubs.
      « Last Edit: Oct 25, 2017 03:40:14 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,499 posts | 255 
      Reply #25: Oct 25, 2017 06:12:10 pm
      Fantastic Rhian!

What I find so tragic about this young England generation is that they're probably the best in the world but because they play for England it probably means that their talent will be sabotaged and lost forever unless the likes of Brewster and co find their way to the first teams of top Premier League clubs.

Do you mean because of the England set up they'll be held back? More chance of them stagnating cos there is no pathway thru to first team at the likes of city 3 starters and chelsea 4 starters.
                                                                                 Anyways if we go tits up against Huddersfield the final is 3.30 p.m uk time against Spain,rematch of the euro final!

Ribapuru

• 9,728 posts | 1064 
      Reply #26: Oct 25, 2017 06:28:25 pm
      Fantastic Rhian!

Thanks to clubs like United, Chelsea and City and PL shoving TV money at small clubs to go buy talent. It's no coincidence all 5 PL teams in CL right now are leading their groups again.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,610 posts | 314 
      Reply #27: Oct 28, 2017 05:39:34 pm
      Well done Rhian on getting the Golden Boot and the rest of the team for a fantastic performance to beat Spain 5-2 to win the Under 17 World Cup! That after going 2 down! Best young players in World Football, but will they get their chance at their respective clubs!
      Ribapuru

• 9,728 posts | 1064 
      Reply #28: Oct 28, 2017 05:43:46 pm
      Well done Rhian on getting the Golden Boot and the rest of the team for a fantastic performance to beat Spain 5-2 to win the Under 17 World Cup! That after going 2 down! Best young players in World Football, but will they get their chance at their respective clubs!
      I'd argue that all of them should slot into premier league teams. Watched the entire second half and they were fantastic! Clinical in every department, they were miles ahead in quality than any PL game I have seen in a long time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #29: Oct 28, 2017 05:43:57 pm
      Another WC winner in the ranks the future looks bright.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30: Oct 29, 2017 12:19:09 am
      Congrats Rhian, huge achievement for the lad. Now keep your head down and keep progressing, could have a couple of real quality forwards coming through in the youth ranks.

Well in lad.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,780 posts | 2432 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #31: Oct 29, 2017 12:46:39 am
      Great stuff Rhian. Hope you get rewarded with some minutes on the First Team bench.
      Muzzman1969
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 884 posts | 37 
      Reply #32: Oct 29, 2017 10:46:58 am
      I'd argue that all of them should slot into premier league teams. Watched the entire second half and they were fantastic! Clinical in every department, they were miles ahead in quality than any PL game I have seen in a long time.

They did look good, but quality is only relative.  Will be interesting to see how many of them make the grade.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      Reply #33: Oct 29, 2017 11:14:01 am
      Well done, Rhian :)
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,416 posts | 2079 
      Reply #34: Oct 29, 2017 12:18:21 pm
      Another WC winner in the ranks the future looks bright.

Sshhh...FSG will cash in....
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,399 posts | 1971 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35: Oct 29, 2017 02:53:12 pm
      Former U17 World Cup Golden Boot winners:

2015 - Victor Osimhen (Nigeria), 18 years old, currently at Wolfsburg.
      2013 - Valmir Berisha (Sweden), 21, currently at Aalesunds FK.
      2011 - Souleymane Coulibaly (Ivory Coast), 22, currently free agent if wikipedia is correct. Silver Boot was our very own Yesil, now 23 at Panionios in Greece. Bronze Boot was Adryan from my Brazilian team Flamengo, currently at Sion in Switzerland.
      2009 - Borja (Spain), 25, on loan at Malaga from Swansea.
      2007 - Macauley Chrisantus (Nigeria), 27, currently at Lamia in Greece.
      2005 - Carlos Vela (Mexico), 28, currently at Real Sociedad, moving to Los Angeles FC soon.
      2003 - Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Carlos Hidalgo (Colombia),  Manuel Curto (Portugal). All 30 or 31 yo, at Chelsea, Sonsonate (El Salvador) and Torreense (Portuguese lower leagues) respectively.

That's how far back in time you need to go to actually find someone who won the golden boot award at this competition and ended up "making it". Nigeria have won the competition more times than anyone else and that hardly translates to greatness in the first team either. England have now equaled Saudi Arabia and Switzerland with one trophy.

So keep your head down and continue to hard work hard Rhian, this is hardly a massive achievement in the grand scheme of things - though it surely is at this stage for him - but it's important that he keeps his feet on the ground.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,499 posts | 255 
      Reply #36: Oct 29, 2017 03:38:50 pm
      Jesus mate,who pissed in your cornflakes this morning.Let the kid have a bit of joy and glory.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,399 posts | 1971 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #37: Oct 29, 2017 04:34:26 pm
      Jesus mate,who pissed in your cornflakes this morning.Let the kid have a bit of joy and glory.

No one, it's a nice achievement from a promising player, I just wanted to provide some context. U17 competitions are very early stages of a player's career, there's a long way to go yet.
      Ribapuru

• 9,728 posts | 1064 
      Reply #38: Oct 29, 2017 06:05:50 pm
      Former U17 World Cup Golden Boot winners:

2015 - Victor Osimhen (Nigeria), 18 years old, currently at Wolfsburg.
      2013 - Valmir Berisha (Sweden), 21, currently at Aalesunds FK.
      2011 - Souleymane Coulibaly (Ivory Coast), 22, currently free agent if wikipedia is correct. Silver Boot was our very own Yesil, now 23 at Panionios in Greece. Bronze Boot was Adryan from my Brazilian team Flamengo, currently at Sion in Switzerland.
      2009 - Borja (Spain), 25, on loan at Malaga from Swansea.
      2007 - Macauley Chrisantus (Nigeria), 27, currently at Lamia in Greece.
      2005 - Carlos Vela (Mexico), 28, currently at Real Sociedad, moving to Los Angeles FC soon.
      2003 - Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Carlos Hidalgo (Colombia),  Manuel Curto (Portugal). All 30 or 31 yo, at Chelsea, Sonsonate (El Salvador) and Torreense (Portuguese lower leagues) respectively.

That's how far back in time you need to go to actually find someone who won the golden boot award at this competition and ended up "making it". Nigeria have won the competition more times than anyone else and that hardly translates to greatness in the first team either. England have now equaled Saudi Arabia and Switzerland with one trophy.

So keep your head down and continue to hard work hard Rhian, this is hardly a massive achievement in the grand scheme of things - though it surely is at this stage for him - but it's important that he keeps his feet on the ground.
      We are not basing how good he will be just from the golden boot award. Some of these players will be loaned to league teams in Jan to senior teams.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,399 posts | 1971 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39: Oct 29, 2017 06:52:39 pm
      We are not basing how good he will be just from the golden boot award. Some of these players will be loaned to league teams in Jan to senior teams.

Fair enough. I'm not saying the kid isn't good, just that we shouldn't take more from it than what's actually there. There's a tendency to overestimate players based on performances in those competitions and truth is that success at that level doesn't really seem to correlate much with success in professional football. It's still too early and some players develop faster but then others catch up and they end up looking far less special than they did among teenagers.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,700 posts | 3373 
      Reply #40: Oct 30, 2017 05:30:55 am

Diego's right, f**k the joy and glory as our old managerial greats might say, it means f**k all if he doesn't carry on working to make the grade.

To think that's how we used to celebrate our league championships, with the likes of coaches Fagan and Moran giving the players medals telling them it meant nothing and go out and do it all over again!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,979 posts | 3646 
      Reply #41: Oct 30, 2017 09:23:38 am
      That's how far back in time you need to go to actually find someone who won the golden boot award at this competition and ended up "making it".

A good point worth noting.

There was a stat on Match of the Day about England's Under 20 World Cup winners from this year (not the Under 17s) and only 4 of them have player a Premier League game this season.  This is 19/20 year olds who are the 'best in the world' and they aren't even getting games in their own league.

Having seen that I can totally understand how 17 year olds have got almost no chance of getting a real opportunity.

I genuinely believe that a La Liga model with 'B' teams up to the 2nd division would really give younger talented players an opportunity to shine because I'm not sure the U23 comps give enough challenge.  At 21,22 you should be playing in a competitive league against men not other boys IMO.
      Ribapuru

• 9,728 posts | 1064 
      Reply #42: Oct 30, 2017 09:29:37 am
      A good point worth noting.

There was a stat on Match of the Day about England's Under 20 World Cup winners from this year (not the Under 17s) and only 4 of them have player a Premier League game this season.  This is 19/20 year olds who are the 'best in the world' and they aren't even getting games in their own league.

Having seen that I can totally understand how 17 year olds have got almost no chance of getting a real opportunity.

I genuinely believe that a La Liga model with 'B' teams up to the 2nd division would really give younger talented players an opportunity to shine because I'm not sure the U23 comps give enough challenge.  At 21,22 you should be playing in a competitive league against men not other boys IMO.
      There is nothing forcing Englands youngsters to sign for non English clubs, if they are good enough there are German, Spanish, Italian leagues etc... even Dutch, Japanese, Greek leagues etc... or failing that they can get loans in the Scottish leagues. If they want to stay in u23 they are hindering themselves, getting a loan deal locally is not always possible.
      « Last Edit: Oct 30, 2017 09:33:53 am by Ribapuru »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,843 posts | 2973 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #43: Nov 03, 2017 05:48:04 pm
      Good prospect but is it wrong that I find him very f**king annoying?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,100 posts | 4579 
      • YNWA
      Reply #44: Nov 03, 2017 05:52:30 pm

In what sense? Not seen enough of him myself to judge.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,324 posts | 1750 
      Reply #45: Nov 03, 2017 05:53:20 pm

Absolutely not. First impressions count.

I’ve got this far in life assuming everyone (including my family - especially in some cases) are cu*ts until they prove definitively, over a sustained period, otherwise.

Even then they only get a month to month pass.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,858 posts | 1350 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #46: Nov 03, 2017 06:05:19 pm
      Absolutely not. First impressions count.

I’ve got this far in life assuming everyone (including my family - especially in some cases) are cu*ts until they prove definitively, over a sustained period, otherwise.

Even then they only get a month to month pass.

I am exactly the opposite, aasume everybody is good unless proven otherwise.  On a further note it is really cranking my gears the unending levels of negativity sometimes aimed towards our own players, a lot of it based on almost nothing whatsoever,  don't rate a player fine but ffs with fans like ours who needs enemies, i find that f**king annoying
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,324 posts | 1750 
      Reply #47: Nov 03, 2017 06:31:47 pm
      I am exactly the opposite, aasume everybody is good unless proven otherwise.  On a further note it is really cranking my gears the unending levels of negativity sometimes aimed towards our own players, a lot of it based on almost nothing whatsoever,  don't rate a player fine but ffs with fans like ours who needs enemies, i find that f**king annoying

I was tongue in cheek mate - totally agree with you on the latter part.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,843 posts | 2973 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #48: Nov 03, 2017 10:16:03 pm
      In what sense? Not seen enough of him myself to judge.

Only his celebration and the selfie video thing he was doing on the pitch after the WC win.

Sure he's a nice lad.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      Reply #49: Dec 06, 2017 04:57:45 pm
      https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/938449167109820417

YNWA Rhian!!! Uefa do you have the balls ???
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #50: Dec 06, 2017 05:27:16 pm

Why would the authorities care Clint they have already awarded the WC to one of the most racist nations on earth.

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      Reply #51: Dec 06, 2017 06:31:43 pm
      Why would the authorities care Clint they have already awarded the WC to one of the most racist nations on earth.

I know, that why ???
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1366 
      Reply #52: Dec 06, 2017 06:34:36 pm

Nothing really happens in the professional game, just a slap on the wrist and that's it, right? So i don't see why anything would happen at youth level tbh. Maybe a 1k fine at best.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #53: Dec 06, 2017 09:30:40 pm

All they did last time was cover up 500 seats, they'll get another slap on the wrist.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      Reply #54: Dec 07, 2017 08:35:16 am
      All they did last time was cover up 500 seats, they'll get another slap on the wrist.

Uefa needs to grow some balls like the Olympics committee.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,499 posts | 255 
      Reply #55: Dec 30, 2017 05:44:12 pm
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,416 posts | 2079 
      Reply #56: Dec 30, 2017 07:01:11 pm

UEFA & FIFA only interested in brown envelopes..

Well done to Rhian, more needs to be done to eradicate racism in the game & more severe punishments dished out..
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,499 posts | 255 
      Reply #57: Jan 16, 2018 06:47:10 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,858 posts | 1350 
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1366 
      Reply #59: May 12, 2018 01:10:51 pm

He certainly has more chance of getting first team action there. I think it would be a good decision for him to leave and play regular football at one of the big leagues.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,843 posts | 519 
      Reply #60: May 12, 2018 10:32:35 pm
      He certainly has more chance of getting first team action there. I think it would be a good decision for him to leave and play regular football at one of the big leagues.

Interesting comments from the German coach, talking about how England develops players well up to age 18 but then they never get a chance to play in the Premier League. In his first 1 1/2 seasons Klopp was an exception to this, but those chances have mostly disappeared and we have loaned out most of our better young players. I know TAA is a first team regular but he pretty much was already in the reckoning, same for Joe Gomez.

Klopp has said Brewster would get a first team opportunity next season so it seems like he would want to wait 6 months or a year before leaving, but maybe not.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,679 posts | 2594 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #61: May 12, 2018 11:57:58 pm
      If you’re good enough and showing the right signs, Klopp will give the younger players a chance, just look at TAA. If Brewster suddenly thinks he’s a big time Charlie worthy of being a first team regular then let him go. Especially seeing as he’s fu**ed his leg this season so wasn’t even able to get a chance to play but still happy to go at the first opportunity.

Says it all about him IMO, not prepared to earn his place and wants it handed to him on a plate at a sh*t team in a weak league.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 20,737 posts | 601 
      Reply #62: May 13, 2018 12:45:42 am
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,321 posts | 103 
      Reply #63: May 13, 2018 03:25:45 am
      With the pressure to success at LFC even Klopp seemed cannot give the youngsters chances in the first team, let alone the well known stubbornness of Klopp himself.

Without Clyne's injury do people confident we will see what TAA can do? The similar story to Moreno and Robertson.

Harry Wilson is really impressive before Klopp loan him out. We should keep him with eyeing to give the lad a chance and rest our vital first team members such as Salah and Mane.

As Robby The Z mentioned above about we fail to develop player further their 18 level, the recent examples like Suso and Luis Alberto have decent develop at other clubs. Not sure they have that chance if they still stay with us.

I think the situations of Woodburn, Wilson and even Grujic forced Brewster to consider his future.       
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      Reply #64: May 13, 2018 10:53:40 am
      I would loan him to a good team challenging in a top division. I would loan him to either Rangers or Huddersfield.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,858 posts | 1350 
      Reply #65: May 13, 2018 11:28:47 am
      Brewster joined us from chelsea because he wanted an opportunity at first team level , youngsters are more impatient these days. A while ago bbc sport did a feature about youth football and this kid's dad was moaning that his son wasn't playing much in the academy team and that it would cost 100 grand for another team to sign him, only later in the article did it say the kid was on his fifth club and was almost 16
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,058 posts | 3122 
      Reply #66: May 13, 2018 01:54:25 pm
      I would loan him to a good team challenging in a top division. I would loan him to either Rangers or Huddersfield.

Well that leaves out Rangers then.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,100 posts | 4579 
      • YNWA
      Reply #67: May 13, 2018 02:06:02 pm
      Germany is the place to go if you're a youngster looking for top class experience and desiring to fulfill your ambition.

But this is Jürgen Klopp - he is so eager to give youngsters a chance and the example of Trent should be a motivating factor for any young player to stay at this club. This isn't Lookman, who was deemed not good enough by that neanderthal f**k at Everton. Or maybe he thinks that the chances won't come next season or the season after because he knows something about potential striker buys in the transfer market?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      Reply #68: May 13, 2018 05:14:25 pm
      Well that leaves out Rangers then.

I agree to certain extent but trying to beat Celtic for the league with Gerrard as a manager, will be not bad.
      Ribapuru

• 9,728 posts | 1064 
      Reply #69: May 13, 2018 07:11:25 pm
      We're reporting Borussia Monchengladbach for tapping up I read.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,576 posts | 974 
      Reply #70: May 13, 2018 08:00:25 pm
      We're reporting Borussia Monchengladbach for tapping up I read.

Good.

Cheeky cu*ts.

We absolutely need to keep Brewster here the lad looks a star in the making.

Klopp needs to guarantee him first team action next season.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,499 posts | 255 
      Reply #71: May 14, 2018 04:15:40 pm
      My first thought was,who's the gobs***e agent looking for a pay day? See ya lad.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,858 posts | 1350 
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,151 posts | 2716 
      Reply #73: Jun 17, 2018 01:11:38 pm
      We need all these lads and we need to get them game time if we cant buy the best get the best young lads playing time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #74: Jun 17, 2018 01:20:35 pm
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1366 
      Reply #75: Jun 17, 2018 01:53:55 pm
      From what I have seen of him in the U19's and U23's, he is more of an out and out striker, isn't he?

Good that he has signed up, but is it worth keeping him at the club where his appearances will be very limited? I'd still have Solanke ahead of him and Ings tbh. Maybe we can find a German team willing to take him up on a 1-2 year loan?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,058 posts | 3122 
      Reply #76: Jun 17, 2018 01:58:06 pm
      From what I have seen of him in the U19's and U23's, he is more of an out and out striker, isn't he?

Good that he has signed up, but is it worth keeping him at the club where his appearances will be very limited? I'd still have Solanke ahead of him and Ings tbh. Maybe we can find a German team willing to take him up on a 1-2 year loan?

I have a feeling we are going to be seeing him on the bench and on the pitch much sooner than later. My bold prediction.....Solanke goes on loan and Brewster makes the subs bench.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,858 posts | 1350 
      Reply #77: Jun 17, 2018 02:08:00 pm

Would take Brewster ahead of dom.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 20,737 posts | 601 
      Reply #78: Jun 17, 2018 02:08:07 pm

What have either of them done though in the last 12 months? Just a couple of league goals between them and whilst Brewster will obviously be a raw talent, I don't see how he could do much worse than either of them.

I remember reading an article saying he'd be moved into the first team squad as soon as he's fit and that Klopp rates him as one of, if not the best young talents he's seen so I'd expect him to get some game time next season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,576 posts | 974 
      Reply #79: Jun 17, 2018 03:36:36 pm

You must be joking mate. Brewster is the next young star of the PL. He is a far better natural finslisher than Ings and Solanke. I think we'll see Brewster starting games for us sooner than you think.

Ings will be sold and Solanke will be a reserve striker next season.

Delighted we have held on to Rhian for the long term.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,151 posts | 2716 
      Reply #80: Jun 17, 2018 03:41:06 pm
      Watched him on LFC TV recently and all I can say is he is far stronger than he looks he is quicker than quick itself he has a nasty streak in him so he is going to be a huge player for us. He reminds me of a young Owen on steroids though.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,151 posts | 2716 
      Reply #81: Jun 17, 2018 03:42:51 pm
      I have a feeling we are going to be seeing him on the bench and on the pitch much sooner than later. My bold prediction.....Solanke goes on loan and Brewster makes the subs bench.

Brewster is today's type of player isn't he Dom is a bit of a throw back but we need all options and unless these lads get game time whats the point of having them.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1366 
      Reply #82: Jun 17, 2018 03:50:00 pm
      What have either of them done though in the last 12 months? Just a couple of league goals between them and whilst Brewster will obviously be a raw talent, I don't see how he could do much worse than either of them.

I remember reading an article saying he'd be moved into the first team squad as soon as he's fit and that Klopp rates him as one of, if not the best young talents he's seen so I'd expect him to get some game time next season.

Solanke has shown enough potential for me to think he has a higher ceiling than Brewster currently (mainly because Solanke has played first team football), and is closer to Firmino in terms of play style than any of our forwards. Look at his crazy work rate vs Burnley away (8miles and 100 sprints), and then you look at the home match vs Brighton (wasn't surprised at all because of the potential he has), just the tip of the iceberg imo.

I don't think Klopp will loan him out, and I believe we will see more than 619 mins from him next season. And if Ings leave, I think Brewster will take his role. Whether he will play more mins than Solanke remains to be seen, but I think Solanke is higher up the ladder currently.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1366 
      Reply #83: Jun 17, 2018 03:54:41 pm
      You must be joking mate. Brewster is the next young star of the PL. He is a far better natural finslisher than Ings and Solanke. I think we'll see Brewster starting games for us sooner than you think.

Ings will be sold and Solanke will be a reserve striker next season.

Delighted we have held on to Rhian for the long term.

Is Brewster really a more natural finisher than Solanke? At the same level and age, wasn't Solanke scoring more goals at U23 level?

I personally think Solanke could also be the next PL "star" just as much as Brewster, but we won't really know until they play regularly at senior level.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,151 posts | 2716 
      Reply #84: Jun 17, 2018 04:14:56 pm
      lets hope we can have a massive argument at the end of next season about whether Solankes 10 goals were better than Brewsters 10.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,576 posts | 974 
      Reply #85: Jun 17, 2018 04:53:58 pm
      Is Brewster really a more natural finisher than Solanke? At the same level and age, wasn't Solanke scoring more goals at U23 level?

I personally think Solanke could also be the next PL "star" just as much as Brewster, but we won't really know until they play regularly at senior level.

Brewster is only 18 mate he hasn't player u23 yet. But he has scored 20 goals in 22 games for the u17's which is phenomenal.

Don't get me wrong Solanke will be a fine player but Brewster is potentially world class material.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,700 posts | 3373 
      Reply #86: Jun 17, 2018 05:02:29 pm
      I expect the likes of Brewster, Woodburn & Solanke to get more first team chances next season.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,151 posts | 2716 
      Reply #87: Jun 17, 2018 05:15:51 pm
      I expect we may see them in pre season if they are all fit. Its worth seeing Brewster on LFC TV he has everything and some.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 732 posts | 207 
      Reply #88: Jun 18, 2018 02:24:25 am
      I expect we may see them in pre season if they are all fit. Its worth seeing Brewster on LFC TV he has everything and some.

I’ll be at the Charlotte NC game against Dortmund so I hope you’re right. I’m very happy with this news.
      heimdall

• 7,189 posts | 1360 
      Reply #89: Jun 18, 2018 11:12:02 am

Why would you rather play Solanke than anyone??? Give some other players a chance to impress, Solanke so far has not done enough.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      Reply #90: Jun 24, 2018 09:46:31 am
      Is it official? Hope it is done quite quick. He has everything to succeed.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,858 posts | 1350 
      Reply #91: Jun 24, 2018 10:13:12 am
      Is it official? Hope it is done quite quick. He has everything to succeed.

Not yet, some stories last week that arsenal and spurs were sniffing around
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      Reply #92: Jun 24, 2018 10:35:33 am
      Not yet, some stories last week that arsenal and spurs were sniffing around

Not good for us :( Come on Reds, for once be quick.
      Ribapuru

• 9,728 posts | 1064 
      Reply #93: Jun 24, 2018 12:22:38 pm
      I think 35k pw on 4 year deal would be a fair amount. Not too much to go crazy like some players do, but enough to let him know we're serious about him. If does well for us that could double in a couple of years. Maybe even put a pay rise clause in the contract, that states something like double wages with contract extension if scores in 30% of his games and makes more than 25 appearances or something.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,858 posts | 1350 
      Reply #94: Jun 24, 2018 01:18:33 pm
      I think 35k pw on 4 year deal would be a fair amount. Not too much to go crazy like some players do, but enough to let him know we're serious about him. If does well for us that could double in a couple of years. Maybe even put a pay rise clause in the contract, that states something like double wages with contract extension if scores in 30% of his games and makes more than 25 appearances or something.

Read an interesting interview with academy boss alex inglethorpe the other day and the most they will play is about 40k a year to kids , with a lot of incentives thrown in.

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/1010086131579392000?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,100 posts | 4579 
      • YNWA
      Reply #95: Jul 12, 2018 07:03:21 pm
      Did he officially sign this or is it still rumbling on?
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1366 
      Reply #96: Jul 17, 2018 09:18:07 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,100 posts | 4579 
      • YNWA
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 732 posts | 207 
      Reply #98: Jul 18, 2018 12:47:13 am
      Oh this is so big. Making big signings is awesome, but keeping England’s best young player is so big. Well done. Great offseason so far
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,447 posts | 163 
      Reply #99: Jul 18, 2018 01:27:54 am
      Great news. There is something about this kid. Keeps it simple and a natural goalscorer.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      Reply #100: Jul 18, 2018 06:09:46 am
      Well done and better with us :) Enjoy your hard work because now we need you to step up.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #101: Jul 18, 2018 04:49:19 pm

Not having a go, but where has the 35k pw figure come from? That's almost how much Robbo gets, and is more than Gomez's 28k. I'd expect it to be around Woodburn's 12k, and similar to TAA's where after a certain amount of first team appearances it's bumped up to 40k.

Sad to hear, however, that Brewster's injury is likely to keep him out until Christmas. I didn't realise it was so bad.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,097 posts | 1697 
      Reply #102: Jul 18, 2018 11:02:32 pm
      I think we'll see a bit of this kid in the first team this season.
      Tommy#Benfica
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 12 
      Reply #103: Jul 21, 2018 10:01:05 am
      I don't know him but i see the expectations are high. Origi, Solanke, Sturridge, Rhian... who will be the Firmino's backup?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,240 posts | 987 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #104: Dec 03, 2018 07:53:49 am
      Whats the craic here lads when ee going to see him back?

Quick Reply