Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)

Read 85032 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #230: Jan 19, 2020 11:32:31 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frz2LDdFv2g
      Wilson's physical size has been a problem for him  apparently but he seems a lot stronger than he did a year or so ago. The same for Rhian at this point he is still growing and getting stronger We have to find a way of getting these lads up to the required level and playing in the Prem is perfect for Harry and Swansea is perfect for Rhian as he gets game time and confidence back.
      Cant wait for next season to see how these lads progress and don't forget Ben Woodburn another lad who is definitely worth following.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #231: Jan 19, 2020 11:35:16 am
      Sometimes you don't need a long look at a player to know they are quality, I've seen enough of Brewster, Woodburn, Wilson, Ibe and Solanke to know that its unlikely they'll make the grade, unless they suddenly improve by a large amount.
      On the other hand Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Neco Williams have shown more in the little time I've seen them play than I ever saw from the others, they all have that x-factor, that special blend of skill, confidence and hunger that you need at the very top.

Anyway probably best to agree to disagree on this, BTW I hope I'm wrong and that Brewster and Wilson become brilliant players for us.

So as per youā€™re talking sh*te

Woodburn is still doing well - is an international player ffs but having a few injuries

Williams - you are judging on one game and itā€™s typical of people like you - come on be honest with yourself , you prob never heard of him until the FA Cup match , prob the same with Jones

You donā€™t have a clue about the youngsters and just react

Why do you think Klopp did everything in his power to ensure Brewster didnā€™t leave when some of the German clubs were after him ? Did you even watch him during the u17 World Cup

Not sure why you are talking about Ibe and Solanke ? They are both at a Prem club playing in the Premier league- that puts them in the top 1% of players in the country yet you think ā€œthey wonā€™t make the gradeā€ - they have already made it  :mad:

Same with Wilson - he is playing on the international stage  :mad:

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #232: Jan 19, 2020 11:36:15 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frz2LDdFv2g
      Wilson's physical size has been a problem for him  apparently but he seems a lot stronger than he did a year or so ago. The same for Rhian at this point he is still growing and getting stronger We have to find a way of getting these lads up to the required level and playing in the Prem is perfect for Harry and Swansea is perfect for Rhian as he gets game time and confidence back.
      Cant wait for next season to see how these lads progress and don't forget Ben Woodburn another lad who is definitely worth following.

Can I ask a serious question did you also think that Solanke and Ibe would become important players for us? I'm just trying to figure out if you are one of those over the top positive cup brimming over type of people. If so good luck to you, everyone needs a cheerleader, especially young players.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #233: Jan 19, 2020 11:39:32 am

So as per youā€™re talking sh*te

Woodburn is still doing well - is an international player ffs but having a few injuries

Williams - you are judging on one game and itā€™s typical of people like you - come on be honest with yourself , you prob never heard of him until the FA Cup match , prob the same with Jones

You donā€™t have a clue about the youngsters and just react

Why do you think Klopp did everything in his power to ensure Brewster didnā€™t leave when some of the German clubs were after him ? Did you even watch him during the u17 World Cup

Not sure why you are talking about Ibe and Solanke ? They are both at a Prem club playing in the Premier league- that puts them in the top 1% of players in the country yet you think ā€œthey wonā€™t make the gradeā€ - they have already made it  :mad:

Same with Wilson - he is playing on the international stage  :mad:

Ibe and Solanke are both playing at Bournemouth, WOW, well they play now and then in a sh*t team, nothing much to cheer about really is it, and by making the grade I meant playing in our first team, not F***ing Bournemouth!

As for the others you are right, I have not seen them much, which I think I already said, but what I have seen is impressive, which I honestly can't say for Brewster, Wilson and Woodburn, none of them have impressed me, sorry.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #234: Jan 19, 2020 11:45:08 am
      Ibe and Solanke are both playing at Bournemouth, WOW, well they play now and then in a sh*t team, nothing much to cheer about really is it, and by making the grade I meant playing in our first team, not f**king Bournemouth!

As for the others you are right, I have not seen them much, which I think I already said, but what I have seen is impressive, which I honestly can't say for Brewster, Wilson and Woodburn, none of them have impressed me, sorry.

Bournemouth are a Premier League team - do you even understand the level it takes to become a Premier League team and be a player in a Premier League team - maybe you should take your head out of your arse and have some perspective

Solanke is a young -22 , was the best player in the recent youth World Cup yet - his whole career is ahead of him

And you havenā€™t got a clue about the others because you havenā€™t seen them enough - but you are typical of the armchair fan , react to one game and thatā€™s itā€™s
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #235: Jan 19, 2020 11:54:47 am
      its very very rare these days for a teenager to become a regular forward at a top club the game has changed so much. Solanke is a big guy still learning and playing as a big CF is not the thing these days. Jordan Ibe had all the talent in the world but stories of problems of the field make you think he hasn't used his talent as he should have. Rhian Brewster has everything for this modern era and just needs to develop and not be over used and burnt out by the time he is 25 and he has the best manager possible in JĆ¼rgen to get him to the top.
      The point about these lads is surely its our job to support them not pick holes in everything they do or everytime they make a mistake or slag them off because at 19 they are not as good as Messi
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #236: Jan 19, 2020 12:11:08 pm
      Bournemouth are a Premier League team - do you even understand the level it takes to become a Premier League team and be a player in a Premier League team - maybe you should take your head out of your arse and have some perspective

Solanke is a young -22 , was the best player in the recent youth World Cup yet - his whole career is ahead of him

And you havenā€™t got a clue about the others because you havenā€™t seen them enough - but you are typical of the armchair fan , react to one game and thatā€™s itā€™s

So are you saying Bournemouth are the same level as us? How long do you have to see a player before forming an opinion, ie how much have you watched them?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #237: Jan 19, 2020 12:15:44 pm
      So are you saying Bournemouth are the same level as us? How long do you have to see a player before forming an opinion, ie how much have you watched them?

Bournemouth play all the teams we play every single one of them. They have far more difficult games than we have just because of the standard of our players so if anything its harder for the likes of Harry to shine when they are under so much pressure as a team. I saw Owen in the youth team and he was a standout player clearly going on to great things but he like Gerrard was a rare Gem. Just trust the manager  and look at how he improves players but at the same time doesn't waste time on lost causes.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #238: Jan 19, 2020 12:24:21 pm

Bournemouth are playing in the same league as us are they not ? Playing against the same players and teams ? They are at the top level in English football are they not ?

Yes I have seen them - both on LFCTV in ressie games , at the actual ressie games

And how long - well put it this way , before the club signed Salah they watched over 100 hours of his games over a two season period

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #239: Jan 19, 2020 12:24:46 pm

Making it at the professional football level in a country like England is in itself a massive achievement, god knows how many people try and fail, and I wish all those young players, like Dom Solanke, the best of luck. When I was speaking earlier about youngsters "failing" at LFC, I meant for the level we're currently at. I think the likes of Woodburn will have a decent career in professional football, does that mean I think he'll be a Liverpool player for much longer? It really doesn't. As for Solanke, honestly, I don't even know if he'll be a Premier League player for much longer, he must be one of the least impressive strikers in the league

The point about these lads is surely its our job to support them not pick holes in everything they do or everytime they make a mistake or slag them off because at 19 they are not as good as Messi

Come on mate, you keep resorting to stretching arguments absurdly far instead of engaging with the actual discussion. I haven't seen anyone slagging off Brewster, we're just discussing what we think of his quality and potential, pretty much like we do with every single Liverpool player. It has little to do with being as good as Messi. Instead of lecturing people on how to be a super fan, tells us what in particular you see in Brewster, or in Klopp's appraisal of him, that makes you think he'll be a success at the club. I would be interested to read and could change my mind.
      « Last Edit: Jan 19, 2020 12:33:02 pm by Diego LFC »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #240: Jan 19, 2020 12:44:12 pm
      Making it at the professional football level in a country like England is in itself a massive achievement, god knows how many people try and fail, and I wish all those young players, like Dom Solanke, the best of luck. When I was speaking earlier about youngsters "failing" at LFC, I meant for the level we're currently at. I think the likes of Woodburn will have a decent career in professional football, does that mean I think he'll be a Liverpool player for much longer? It really doesn't. As for Solanke, honestly, I don't even know if he'll be a Premier League player for much longer, he must be one of the least impressive strikers in the league

Come on mate, you keep resorting to stretching arguments absurdly far instead of engaging with the actual discussion. I haven't seen anyone slagging off Brewster, we're just discussing what we think of his quality and potential, pretty much like we do with every single Liverpool player. It has little to do with being as good as Messi. Instead of lecturing people on how to be a super fan, tells us what in particular you see in Brewster, or in Klopp's appraisal of him, that makes you think he'll be a success at the club. I would be interested to read and could change my mind.

that's the difference I am a fan not a critic like some.
      Marcus Rashford has scored 31 goals in the last 2.5 season Mo has 64 in the same period yet Rashford is UTD's main man he simply wouldn't get in our team he is 22 Brewster 19. People are not discussing Brewster on knowledge of seeing him live or watching him for the U23's. I don't need to engage and change anybody's mind your free to say and think what you like but most of these posts on the young lads are ignorant and lazy. Its the casual throw away remarks about him that are quite pathetic pure emotional response and not based in fact at all. I have seen enough of these lads on LFCTV over the years to know how good they are and how well they are being brought on through loaning them out so they can learn.
      If that makes me a superfan then its hardly an insult is it.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #241: Jan 19, 2020 01:36:51 pm
      Nice run before his finishing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #242: Jan 19, 2020 01:55:30 pm
      The Swansea manager knows Rhian very well and he is in the perfect place to get game time score some goals and get his mojo back.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #243: Jan 19, 2020 02:25:08 pm
      Unfortunately for Rhian he's missed 2yrs of development through injuries after having a stand out tournament at the u17s world cup.  He came back with a winners medal, the golden boot and the bronze ball.

He's now teamed up with his old Liverpool youth coach and England manager Steve Cooper at Swansea, who has also brought in Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher.

Rhian and Conor went through Chelsea's academy together, they have been part of the England youth setup together and won the world cup together.

It was Conor who threaded the ball through for Rhian to score his first ever senior goal, just as he used to lay on balls for him to score lots of goals at youth level.

Rhian is a fantastic goal scorer and he will have a very good career somewhere, I just don't see it being at Liverpool unless JĆ¼rgen changes how our front 3 play when he starts phasing out Mane, Bobby and Salah.

Thankfully he has plenty of time on his side and plenty of Championship and Premier League teams who'd love to have him on loan and helping them win games whilst he develops. 

Let's see where he is at in the summer of 2021, JĆ¼rgen should have a good idea how or if he fits into his plans by then but even if he doesn't it'll not be because he's not good enough, it's because he just doesn't fit our needs.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #244: Jan 19, 2020 02:31:01 pm
      Marcus Rashford has scored 31 goals in the last 2.5 season Mo has 64 in the same period yet Rashford is UTD's main man he simply wouldn't get in our team he is 22 Brewster 19. People are not discussing Brewster on knowledge of seeing him live or watching him for the U23's. I don't need to engage and change anybody's mind your free to say and think what you like but most of these posts on the young lads are ignorant and lazy. Its the casual throw away remarks about him that are quite pathetic pure emotional response and not based in fact at all. I have seen enough of these lads on LFCTV over the years to know how good they are and how well they are being brought on through loaning them out so they can learn.

At the time did you think Solanke would be one of our main strikers yes or no, how about Ibe? I'm not sure you answered that question. And this crap about they play for Bournemouth who are in the prem therefore by extension they must be amazing players is ludicrous. Of course its easier to get into a sh*t team than it is a top team, I would have thought that is fairly bloody obvious!

You and banana are either being deliberately argumentative or you are idiots, I can't quite work out which it is but I suspect its the former.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #245: Jan 19, 2020 02:31:44 pm
      the point is Debs Rhian is 19 Mo is 28 this summer so is Sadio and Bobby 29 later this summer so we have to think about two or three seasons ahead and this is how JĆ¼rgen sees him  when he will still be 22 or 23 just coming into his best years. Can anyone really see our front three still banging them in in three years time all in their 30's history suggests otherwise so the likes of Harry ,Rhian and Ben have time to develop without pressure on them.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #246: Jan 19, 2020 02:33:19 pm
      the point is Debs Rhian is 19 Mo is 28 this summer so is Sadio and Bobby 29 later this summer so we have to think about two or three seasons ahead and this is how JĆ¼rgen sees him  when he will still be 22 or 23 just coming into his best years. Can anyone really see our front three still banging them in in three years time all in their 30's history suggests otherwise so the likes of Harry ,Rhian and Ben have time to develop without pressure on them.

You are aware there is a transfer market yes, its not Brewster or no one??
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #247: Jan 19, 2020 02:39:17 pm
      You are aware there is a transfer market yes, its not Brewster or no one??

just for a minute try and use your brain. Try to see how JĆ¼rgen has developed players rather than buy them. JĆ¼rgen plans ahead I don't know how far ahead but go and read what he says about Rhian Brewster we could have sold him and Harry but JĆ¼rgen has plans for them that may or may not work out in two or three seasons time . Why don't you tell us all who will be in the team in place of our front three and how much they would cost to replace them. JĆ¼rgen has been here for 5 years its as if some people don't really understand his philosophy . If some one comes available that is a perfect fit then yes he will be in for them but Strikers are the hardest players to recruit just ask Maureen at the moment
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #248: Jan 19, 2020 02:40:48 pm

Which is exactly what I've said mate.  If he fits he'll be part of it, if he doesn't he'll be playing elsewhere.

But it won't be because he's not good enough.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #249: Jan 19, 2020 02:47:58 pm
      Which is exactly what I've said mate.  If he fits he'll be part of it, if he doesn't he'll be playing elsewhere.

But it won't be because he's not good enough.

how smart is it though to have these players basically do a full apprenticeship without having the pressure on them and like every player coming through the doors at Melwood or Kirkby only the strong survive. I watch young Harry Wilson and I see a young Mo not quite yet physically there but getting there in another season or so he will be a player .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #250: Jan 19, 2020 03:00:58 pm
      how smart is it though to have these players basically do a full apprenticeship without having the pressure on them and like every player coming through the doors at Melwood or Kirkby only the strong survive. I watch young Harry Wilson and I see a young Mo not quite yet physically there but getting there in another season or so he will be a player .

Absolutely agree mate. 

Our focus at the Academy has been transformed in recent years as there is now a "how do we give these lads the best opportunities to get into the 1st team" approach rather than coach them till they're 20ish and sell them on or release them.

Watching the u18s is like watching the 1sts.  The patterns of play are there, the mentality is there, the skill and technique is there.  They step up to the 23s or down to the 16s its exactly the same.  Its brilliant!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #251: Jan 19, 2020 03:06:40 pm

Again, if you find that Brewster in particular is going to make it, it's all nice and good, and I hope you're right. But pretty much from your posts all I can get is that you're simply defending every single young player from criticism and suggesting that whoever doesn't do the same is a lesser supporter, which is more than just lazy, it's arrogant. Even in your praise of them you're extremely generic, that you've "seen enough" to know "how good they are". Well, the youth team can be brilliant at their age group and still nearly all of them won't make it at the LFC, that's just the harsh reality of football in the top level. I find that the emotional response here really is seeing as an insult when people think a certain young player may not be up to the task when it's just what the forum is about.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #252: Jan 19, 2020 03:12:10 pm
      Again, if you find that Brewster in particular is going to make it, it's all nice and good, and I hope you're right. But pretty much from your posts all I can get is that you're simply defending every single young player from criticism and suggesting that whoever doesn't do the same is a lesser supporter, which is more than just lazy, it's arrogant. Even in your praise of them you're extremely generic, that you've "seen enough" to know "how good they are". Well, the youth team can be brilliant at their age group and still nearly all of them won't make it at the LFC, that's just the harsh reality of football in the top level. I find that the emotional response here really is seeing as an insult when people think a certain young player may not be up to the task when it's just what the forum is about.

this is boring you seem to think people have a right to criticise but not be criticised what people "think" isn't the reality or factually correct I can think given a bit of luck I could have played for Liverpool the reality is I wasn't good enough to be a ball boy. You carry on believing its ok to right off their chance of playing for Liverpool based on nothing more than feeling and I will carry on believing if they work hard and listen to their managers they have a chance like I say I am a Fan/supporter not a critic. Its just taken Joe Gomez 12 months to get back to full fitness and form after a much lesser injury than Rhian who spent over a year out which simply seems to be ignored by people when assessing his progress.

Quick Reply