Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)

Read 85028 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #414: Aug 01, 2020 11:05:38 pm
      That’s because his competition for a place in the team is Dan James.

And Brewsters Competition is Origi
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #415: Aug 01, 2020 11:07:13 pm

Yeah Origi who came into this season on the back of some massive goals. Oh and the added competition of Firmino.

There’s no comparison, Greenwood is battling with a Championship standard player (at best) whilst Brewster has the almighty task of trying to get ahead of Firmino.

It’s all well and good Brewster being able to take the place of Origi but then he’s still got a massive task on his hands to get on the pitch. Put Greenwood in our team and he’s got Salah for competition and he plays barely any football at all, he certainly wouldn’t have 50 games to his name like he has with the Mancs, he’d have been lucky to get 15 appearances and the discussion about him would be the same as what is being said about Brewster now and whether or not he should go out on loan.
      « Last Edit: Aug 01, 2020 11:12:57 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #416: Aug 01, 2020 11:14:30 pm
      Utd havent been short of forwards got shut of Sanchez and Lukaku knowing he would be given a go obviously liked what they saw and didnt need to loan
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #417: Aug 01, 2020 11:19:41 pm
      Utd havent been short of forwards got shut of Sanchez and Lukaku knowing he would be given a go obviously liked what they saw and didnt need to loan

They got rid of Lukaku and Sanchez because they didn’t want to be there and because Ole didn’t want them there. Had nothing to do with Greenwood.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #418: Aug 01, 2020 11:22:19 pm
      They got rid of Lukaku and Sanchez because they didn’t want to be there and because Ole didn’t want them there. Had nothing to do with Greenwood.

Course it had something to do with it . Yes he might not have wanted them long term but he  wouldnt of got rid if he had nothing to come in and replace them and didnt fancy Greenwoid
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #419: Aug 01, 2020 11:30:43 pm
      Course it had something to do with it . Yes he might not have wanted them long term but he  wouldnt of got rid if he had nothing to come in and replace them and didnt fancy Greenwoid

They were gotten rid of because it would have had a detrimental impact on the rest of the team had they stayed because of how badly they wanted out. It didn’t have anything to do with Greenwood, otherwise they wouldn’t have tried so hard to sign Dybala, who they were desperate to have as a replacement and would have gotten him had Dybala not changed his mind at the last minute.
      Greenwood barely played at all for the first half of the season apart from cup games, it was only when Dan James’ form really took a nose dive that he started getting more game time.

I know some people are desperate to try and compare Brewster and Greenwood but it’s not a comparison, they are in two totally different scenarios in terms of competition for a place in the team.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #420: Aug 01, 2020 11:37:01 pm
      It didn’t have anything to do with Greenwood, otherwise they wouldn’t have tried so hard to sign Dybala, who they were desperate to have as a replacement and would have gotten him had Dybala not changed his mind at the last minute.
      Greenwood barely played at all for the first half of the season apart from cup games, it was only when Dan James’ form really took a nose dive that he started getting more game time.

I know some people are desperate to try and compare Brewster and Greenwood but it’s not a comparison, they are in two totally different scenarios in terms of competition for a place in the team.

Not comparing him at all just saying that loaning out as in Willson and Gruciq sometimes can say different things either want to test them or raise their value . I hope he does make it I really do
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #421: Aug 02, 2020 10:13:17 am
      They were gotten rid of because it would have had a detrimental impact on the rest of the team had they stayed because of how badly they wanted out. It didn’t have anything to do with Greenwood, otherwise they wouldn’t have tried so hard to sign Dybala, who they were desperate to have as a replacement and would have gotten him had Dybala not changed his mind at the last minute.

So in your opinion Greenwood and Brewster are the same level then?
      The reason Origi is no threat to Bobby, even when Bobby is in poor form is because Origi is crap.
      We Must get decent competition and back up for our forwards, if they are good enough you can start to rotate plus have options from the bench, what a crazy luxury, someone coming off the bench to change a game!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #422: Aug 02, 2020 11:33:33 am
      So in your opinion Greenwood and Brewster are the same level then?

Been through this with you once recently, not doing it again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #423: Aug 02, 2020 12:34:09 pm

It's got F**k all to do with that!

His competition should be Mane, Salah and Firmino FFS!!

He's still not ready to be lobbed in to start a Premier League game up front for us after watching that Brentford/Swansea play off semis.

I couldn't give a F**k what Utd do, we're not in the same boat as them we don't have to rush throwing younger players in to hide the fact we've had a sh*t season.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #424: Aug 02, 2020 01:34:53 pm
      It's got f**k all to do with that!

His competition should be Mane, Salah and Firmino FFS!!

He's still not ready to be lobbed in to start a Premier League game up front for us after watching that Brentford/Swansea play off semis.

I couldn't give a f**k what Utd do, we're not in the same boat as them we don't have to rush throwing younger players in to hide the fact we've had a sh*t season.
      I was replying to competition faced to get on the bench fairly F***ing obvious he has the front 3 as competition and rushing players ? You mean like we did with Owen ? Why was he thrown in
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #425: Aug 02, 2020 01:47:11 pm
      You mean like we did with Owen ? Why was he thrown in

Owen wasn’t rushed, he was just far too good to not play. Owen was a rare product, he was more than ready to start for club and country, similar to Mbappe being more than ready at that age too. With Owen he was played more than he should have been because of how good he was, he wasn’t pushed through at all.

Now await the Greenwood and Owen comparison...

Greenwood has done well but he really was pushed through because of the dire situation they were in. If he had competition for places then he wouldn’t be getting spoken about now the way he is. Greenwood barely played for the first part of the season, if they thought he was ready then they’d have played him a lot more. When Owen came onto the scene there was no breaking in period for him because he didn’t need it, he was already at that level.
      Often it’s a case of some younger players not playing enough, but Owen was the complete opposite and played too much. Owen won the Balon d’Or at what, age 20? That was a sign of just how good he was at a young age.
      « Last Edit: Aug 02, 2020 01:52:44 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #426: Aug 02, 2020 01:51:36 pm
      Owen wasn’t rushed, he was just far too good to not play. Owen was a rare product, he was more than ready to star for club and country, similar to Mbappe being more than ready at that age too. With Owen he was played more than he should have been because of how good he was, he wasn’t pushed through at all.

Now await the Greenwood and Owen comparison...

Greenwood has done well but he really was pushed through because of the dire situation they were in. If he had competition for places then he wouldn’t be getting spoken about now the way he is. Greenwood barely played for the first part of the season, if they thought he was ready then they’d have played him a lot more. When Owen came onto the scene there was no breaking in period for him because he didn’t need it, he was already at that level.

You dont push people through if there not ready  though you are ready to be a given a chance or you ain't pretty simple really
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #427: Aug 02, 2020 01:55:03 pm
      You dont push people through if there not ready  though you are ready to be a given a chance or you ain't pretty simple really

Of course you can, I remember we ended up having to push Damien Plessis into the team before he was ready. Lots of players get pushed through in the hope they will be the next big thing, like what also happened with Macheda for example, he came on and scored a couple of big goals and suddenly they thought he was good enough to do more...and it backfired with him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #428: Aug 02, 2020 02:03:26 pm
      I was replying to competition faced to get on the bench fairly F***ing obvious he has the front 3 as competition and rushing players ? You mean like we did with Owen ? Why was he thrown in

Cos Stan was on his way out. We were finishing 4th in a two horse race, best way to keep fans onside throw a supposed new superstar in.

And we still got beat by Wimbledon!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #429: Aug 02, 2020 02:04:50 pm
      Of course you can, I remember we ended up having to push Damien Plessis into the team before he was ready. Lots of players get pushed through in the hope they will be the next big thing, like what also happened with Macheda for example, he came on and scored a couple of big goals and suddenly they thought he was good enough to do more...and it backfired with him.

Injuries and suspensions during our European campaign was the reason for that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #430: Aug 02, 2020 02:09:40 pm
      Injuries and suspensions during our European campaign was the reason for that.

Yeah knew there was a reason, couldn’t quite remember why, just remember he showed he wasn’t ready for the step up at that time after his solid debut if I remember right.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #431: Aug 02, 2020 02:44:16 pm

Owen is similar to Greenwood in that they took to it like duck to water whereas you say Macheda and Duplessis sunk my issue with concern with Rhian is as you say so much pressure on now you dont really get chance to just throw them in as the pressure to win is that great and he will always go with Bobby
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #432: Aug 02, 2020 05:31:34 pm
      Brewster will get his chances - Klopp rates him highly , how ready he thinks he is will happen over the summer and depends on the level of funds for players. If we can buy someone in then Brewster will go on loan for a year

Either way the lad is very good and done right will be a great player for us
      TheDreamer
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #433: Aug 10, 2020 06:36:11 pm
      I guess a loan to a prem club next is the plan? As highly rated he is, I can't imagine him getting much game time if he comes back to Liverpool.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #434: Aug 11, 2020 08:43:12 am
      I guess a loan to a prem club next is the plan? As highly rated he is, I can't imagine him getting much game time if he comes back to Liverpool.

would he really be behind Origi?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #435: Aug 11, 2020 09:14:48 am
      would he really be behind Origi?

You may have a point,  from what little I've  seen of Brewster he certainly wouldn't be going on loan again.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #436: Aug 30, 2020 02:06:06 pm
      Appreciate Jürgen's words here re Rhian's missed penalty vs. Arsenal:

"I rarely join or share my football experiences with the boys because it was too long ago. But I’m not the only one who missed a penalty in my life in the team, so the boys pick him up. It’s not about me making it bigger than it is. He missed a penalty, we had a few words directly when he left the pitch, that’s all fine. Nothing to apologise for or whatever. That’s football, no problem. If we wanted to win the game then we should have scored during the 92 minutes, we didn’t do that often enough and that’s why it came to a penalty shootout. It’s a lottery, we know that. It’s not about who is the best, it’s just you have to score and we did that four times really well. And this penalty was not the worst I ever saw, it was just a little bit too high. There was absolutely no chance for the goalie, it was just too high. That’s why it happened how it happened."

He also mentioned he's never seen him miss one before.

Quick Reply