I've got mixed feelings about this one.
- We've just got 23 million for a player who has scored 11 goals in the Championship and i think possibly one, maybe 2 senior goals for LFC
- The sell-on could be another earner in the future
- The buy-back means we could get the lad back if he blossoms and others are in for him in a year or two
- He clearly isn't quite Klopp's cup of tea, is very much a box player and not the false 9 that we play with in Bobby (and with Taki as understudy)
- Ings wasn't quite what Klopp wanted, he went and scored more Prem goals than any of our lads last season but we all know he would have struggled for match time at LFC had he stayed
- It's a good price for a lad who probably won't figure much this season
- I don't think he would have been happy to sit on the bench and play in the cups, you can tell he just wants to play
- Got to trust the manager on this. We're not looking to loan out or sell young Curtis Jones because the manager believes in him. simple as that.
- A year long loan was a better option, if this lad is a hit he probably adds 15 million to that price tag in one season (that's how it is with English players)
- Still not convinced on Minamino, had we kept him, Brewster's goals might have forced him in to the team
- He shone at Swansea, he shone at the Under-17 World Cup and he looked very good in pre-season for LFC. We might be letting an absolute gem go here.
I played my wildcard in fantasy footy last week and brought him in, he's a bargain at £4.5 mill and will go into my team for the weekend!