Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)

Read 85029 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #69: May 13, 2018 07:11:25 pm
      We're reporting Borussia Monchengladbach for tapping up I read.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #70: May 13, 2018 08:00:25 pm
      We're reporting Borussia Monchengladbach for tapping up I read.

Good.

Cheeky cu*ts.

We absolutely need to keep Brewster here the lad looks a star in the making.

Klopp needs to guarantee him first team action next season.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #71: May 14, 2018 04:15:40 pm
      My first thought was,who's the gobs***e agent looking for a pay day? See ya lad.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #73: Jun 17, 2018 01:11:38 pm
      We need all these lads and we need to get them game time if we cant buy the best get the best young lads playing time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #74: Jun 17, 2018 01:20:35 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #75: Jun 17, 2018 01:53:55 pm
      From what I have seen of him in the U19's and U23's, he is more of an out and out striker, isn't he?

Good that he has signed up, but is it worth keeping him at the club where his appearances will be very limited? I'd still have Solanke ahead of him and Ings tbh. Maybe we can find a German team willing to take him up on a 1-2 year loan?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #76: Jun 17, 2018 01:58:06 pm
      From what I have seen of him in the U19's and U23's, he is more of an out and out striker, isn't he?

Good that he has signed up, but is it worth keeping him at the club where his appearances will be very limited? I'd still have Solanke ahead of him and Ings tbh. Maybe we can find a German team willing to take him up on a 1-2 year loan?

I have a feeling we are going to be seeing him on the bench and on the pitch much sooner than later. My bold prediction.....Solanke goes on loan and Brewster makes the subs bench.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #77: Jun 17, 2018 02:08:00 pm

Would take Brewster ahead of dom.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #78: Jun 17, 2018 02:08:07 pm

What have either of them done though in the last 12 months? Just a couple of league goals between them and whilst Brewster will obviously be a raw talent, I don't see how he could do much worse than either of them.

I remember reading an article saying he'd be moved into the first team squad as soon as he's fit and that Klopp rates him as one of, if not the best young talents he's seen so I'd expect him to get some game time next season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #79: Jun 17, 2018 03:36:36 pm

You must be joking mate. Brewster is the next young star of the PL. He is a far better natural finslisher than Ings and Solanke. I think we'll see Brewster starting games for us sooner than you think.

Ings will be sold and Solanke will be a reserve striker next season.

Delighted we have held on to Rhian for the long term.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #80: Jun 17, 2018 03:41:06 pm
      Watched him on LFC TV recently and all I can say is he is far stronger than he looks he is quicker than quick itself he has a nasty streak in him so he is going to be a huge player for us. He reminds me of a young Owen on steroids though.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #81: Jun 17, 2018 03:42:51 pm
      I have a feeling we are going to be seeing him on the bench and on the pitch much sooner than later. My bold prediction.....Solanke goes on loan and Brewster makes the subs bench.

Brewster is today's type of player isn't he Dom is a bit of a throw back but we need all options and unless these lads get game time whats the point of having them.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #82: Jun 17, 2018 03:50:00 pm
      What have either of them done though in the last 12 months? Just a couple of league goals between them and whilst Brewster will obviously be a raw talent, I don't see how he could do much worse than either of them.

I remember reading an article saying he'd be moved into the first team squad as soon as he's fit and that Klopp rates him as one of, if not the best young talents he's seen so I'd expect him to get some game time next season.

Solanke has shown enough potential for me to think he has a higher ceiling than Brewster currently (mainly because Solanke has played first team football), and is closer to Firmino in terms of play style than any of our forwards. Look at his crazy work rate vs Burnley away (8miles and 100 sprints), and then you look at the home match vs Brighton (wasn't surprised at all because of the potential he has), just the tip of the iceberg imo.

I don't think Klopp will loan him out, and I believe we will see more than 619 mins from him next season. And if Ings leave, I think Brewster will take his role. Whether he will play more mins than Solanke remains to be seen, but I think Solanke is higher up the ladder currently.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #83: Jun 17, 2018 03:54:41 pm
      You must be joking mate. Brewster is the next young star of the PL. He is a far better natural finslisher than Ings and Solanke. I think we'll see Brewster starting games for us sooner than you think.

Ings will be sold and Solanke will be a reserve striker next season.

Delighted we have held on to Rhian for the long term.

Is Brewster really a more natural finisher than Solanke? At the same level and age, wasn't Solanke scoring more goals at U23 level?

I personally think Solanke could also be the next PL "star" just as much as Brewster, but we won't really know until they play regularly at senior level.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #84: Jun 17, 2018 04:14:56 pm
      lets hope we can have a massive argument at the end of next season about whether Solankes 10 goals were better than Brewsters 10.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #85: Jun 17, 2018 04:53:58 pm
      Is Brewster really a more natural finisher than Solanke? At the same level and age, wasn't Solanke scoring more goals at U23 level?

I personally think Solanke could also be the next PL "star" just as much as Brewster, but we won't really know until they play regularly at senior level.

Brewster is only 18 mate he hasn't player u23 yet. But he has scored 20 goals in 22 games for the u17's which is phenomenal.

Don't get me wrong Solanke will be a fine player but Brewster is potentially world class material.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #86: Jun 17, 2018 05:02:29 pm
      I expect the likes of Brewster, Woodburn & Solanke to get more first team chances next season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #87: Jun 17, 2018 05:15:51 pm
      I expect we may see them in pre season if they are all fit. Its worth seeing Brewster on LFC TV he has everything and some.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #88: Jun 18, 2018 02:24:25 am
      I expect we may see them in pre season if they are all fit. Its worth seeing Brewster on LFC TV he has everything and some.

I’ll be at the Charlotte NC game against Dortmund so I hope you’re right. I’m very happy with this news.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #89: Jun 18, 2018 11:12:02 am

Why would you rather play Solanke than anyone??? Give some other players a chance to impress, Solanke so far has not done enough.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #90: Jun 24, 2018 09:46:31 am
      Is it official? Hope it is done quite quick. He has everything to succeed.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #91: Jun 24, 2018 10:13:12 am
      Is it official? Hope it is done quite quick. He has everything to succeed.

Not yet, some stories last week that arsenal and spurs were sniffing around

Quick Reply