Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)

Read 85003 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #46: Nov 03, 2017 06:05:19 pm
      Absolutely not. First impressions count.

I’ve got this far in life assuming everyone (including my family - especially in some cases) are cu*ts until they prove definitively, over a sustained period, otherwise.

Even then they only get a month to month pass.

I am exactly the opposite, aasume everybody is good unless proven otherwise.  On a further note it is really cranking my gears the unending levels of negativity sometimes aimed towards our own players, a lot of it based on almost nothing whatsoever,  don't rate a player fine but ffs with fans like ours who needs enemies, i find that F***ing annoying
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #47: Nov 03, 2017 06:31:47 pm
      I am exactly the opposite, aasume everybody is good unless proven otherwise.  On a further note it is really cranking my gears the unending levels of negativity sometimes aimed towards our own players, a lot of it based on almost nothing whatsoever,  don't rate a player fine but ffs with fans like ours who needs enemies, i find that f**king annoying

I was tongue in cheek mate - totally agree with you on the latter part.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #48: Nov 03, 2017 10:16:03 pm
      In what sense? Not seen enough of him myself to judge.

Only his celebration and the selfie video thing he was doing on the pitch after the WC win.

Sure he's a nice lad.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #49: Dec 06, 2017 04:57:45 pm
      https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/938449167109820417

YNWA Rhian!!! Uefa do you have the balls ???
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #50: Dec 06, 2017 05:27:16 pm

Why would the authorities care Clint they have already awarded the WC to one of the most racist nations on earth.

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #51: Dec 06, 2017 06:31:43 pm
      Why would the authorities care Clint they have already awarded the WC to one of the most racist nations on earth.

I know, that why ???
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #52: Dec 06, 2017 06:34:36 pm

Nothing really happens in the professional game, just a slap on the wrist and that's it, right? So i don't see why anything would happen at youth level tbh. Maybe a 1k fine at best.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #53: Dec 06, 2017 09:30:40 pm

All they did last time was cover up 500 seats, they'll get another slap on the wrist.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #54: Dec 07, 2017 08:35:16 am
      All they did last time was cover up 500 seats, they'll get another slap on the wrist.

Uefa needs to grow some balls like the Olympics committee.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #55: Dec 30, 2017 05:44:12 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #56: Dec 30, 2017 07:01:11 pm

UEFA & FIFA only interested in brown envelopes..

Well done to Rhian, more needs to be done to eradicate racism in the game & more severe punishments dished out..
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #57: Jan 16, 2018 06:47:10 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #59: May 12, 2018 01:10:51 pm

He certainly has more chance of getting first team action there. I think it would be a good decision for him to leave and play regular football at one of the big leagues.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #60: May 12, 2018 10:32:35 pm
      He certainly has more chance of getting first team action there. I think it would be a good decision for him to leave and play regular football at one of the big leagues.

Interesting comments from the German coach, talking about how England develops players well up to age 18 but then they never get a chance to play in the Premier League. In his first 1 1/2 seasons Klopp was an exception to this, but those chances have mostly disappeared and we have loaned out most of our better young players. I know TAA is a first team regular but he pretty much was already in the reckoning, same for Joe Gomez.

Klopp has said Brewster would get a first team opportunity next season so it seems like he would want to wait 6 months or a year before leaving, but maybe not.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #61: May 12, 2018 11:57:58 pm
      If you’re good enough and showing the right signs, Klopp will give the younger players a chance, just look at TAA. If Brewster suddenly thinks he’s a big time Charlie worthy of being a first team regular then let him go. Especially seeing as he’s fu**ed his leg this season so wasn’t even able to get a chance to play but still happy to go at the first opportunity.

Says it all about him IMO, not prepared to earn his place and wants it handed to him on a plate at a sh*t team in a weak league.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #62: May 13, 2018 12:45:42 am
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #63: May 13, 2018 03:25:45 am
      With the pressure to success at LFC even Klopp seemed cannot give the youngsters chances in the first team, let alone the well known stubbornness of Klopp himself.

Without Clyne's injury do people confident we will see what TAA can do? The similar story to Moreno and Robertson.

Harry Wilson is really impressive before Klopp loan him out. We should keep him with eyeing to give the lad a chance and rest our vital first team members such as Salah and Mane.

As Robby The Z mentioned above about we fail to develop player further their 18 level, the recent examples like Suso and Luis Alberto have decent develop at other clubs. Not sure they have that chance if they still stay with us.

I think the situations of Woodburn, Wilson and even Grujic forced Brewster to consider his future.       
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #64: May 13, 2018 10:53:40 am
      I would loan him to a good team challenging in a top division. I would loan him to either Rangers or Huddersfield.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #65: May 13, 2018 11:28:47 am
      Brewster joined us from chelsea because he wanted an opportunity at first team level , youngsters are more impatient these days. A while ago bbc sport did a feature about youth football and this kid's dad was moaning that his son wasn't playing much in the academy team and that it would cost 100 grand for another team to sign him, only later in the article did it say the kid was on his fifth club and was almost 16
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #66: May 13, 2018 01:54:25 pm
      I would loan him to a good team challenging in a top division. I would loan him to either Rangers or Huddersfield.

Well that leaves out Rangers then.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #67: May 13, 2018 02:06:02 pm
      Germany is the place to go if you're a youngster looking for top class experience and desiring to fulfill your ambition.

But this is Jürgen Klopp - he is so eager to give youngsters a chance and the example of Trent should be a motivating factor for any young player to stay at this club. This isn't Lookman, who was deemed not good enough by that neanderthal F**k at Everton. Or maybe he thinks that the chances won't come next season or the season after because he knows something about potential striker buys in the transfer market?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #68: May 13, 2018 05:14:25 pm
      Well that leaves out Rangers then.

I agree to certain extent but trying to beat Celtic for the league with Gerrard as a manager, will be not bad.

Quick Reply