Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)

Read 85025 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #92: Jun 24, 2018 10:35:33 am
      Not yet, some stories last week that arsenal and spurs were sniffing around

Not good for us :( Come on Reds, for once be quick.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #93: Jun 24, 2018 12:22:38 pm
      I think 35k pw on 4 year deal would be a fair amount. Not too much to go crazy like some players do, but enough to let him know we're serious about him. If does well for us that could double in a couple of years. Maybe even put a pay rise clause in the contract, that states something like double wages with contract extension if scores in 30% of his games and makes more than 25 appearances or something.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #94: Jun 24, 2018 01:18:33 pm
      I think 35k pw on 4 year deal would be a fair amount. Not too much to go crazy like some players do, but enough to let him know we're serious about him. If does well for us that could double in a couple of years. Maybe even put a pay rise clause in the contract, that states something like double wages with contract extension if scores in 30% of his games and makes more than 25 appearances or something.

Read an interesting interview with academy boss alex inglethorpe the other day and the most they will play is about 40k a year to kids , with a lot of incentives thrown in.

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/1010086131579392000?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #95: Jul 12, 2018 07:03:21 pm
      Did he officially sign this or is it still rumbling on?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #96: Jul 17, 2018 09:18:07 pm
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #98: Jul 18, 2018 12:47:13 am
      Oh this is so big. Making big signings is awesome, but keeping England’s best young player is so big. Well done. Great offseason so far
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #99: Jul 18, 2018 01:27:54 am
      Great news. There is something about this kid. Keeps it simple and a natural goalscorer.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #100: Jul 18, 2018 06:09:46 am
      Well done and better with us :) Enjoy your hard work because now we need you to step up.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #101: Jul 18, 2018 04:49:19 pm

Not having a go, but where has the 35k pw figure come from? That's almost how much Robbo gets, and is more than Gomez's 28k. I'd expect it to be around Woodburn's 12k, and similar to TAA's where after a certain amount of first team appearances it's bumped up to 40k.

Sad to hear, however, that Brewster's injury is likely to keep him out until Christmas. I didn't realise it was so bad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #102: Jul 18, 2018 11:02:32 pm
      I think we'll see a bit of this kid in the first team this season.
      Tommy#Benfica
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 12 
      Reply #103: Jul 21, 2018 10:01:05 am
      I don't know him but i see the expectations are high. Origi, Solanke, Sturridge, Rhian... who will be the Firmino's backup?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #104: Dec 03, 2018 07:53:49 am
      Whats the craic here lads when ee going to see him back?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #105: Jan 10, 2019 10:55:11 pm
      he is back at Melwood now doing ball work . He has been really eased back after his problems how about the winner in the CL Final Rhian. So looking forward to seeing this kid probably next season now.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #106: Jan 23, 2019 06:18:47 pm
      Set back, picked up another injury, he must be gutted.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #107: Jan 23, 2019 10:54:44 pm
      Set back, picked up another injury, he must be gutted.

For fucks sake!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #108: Jan 23, 2019 11:04:31 pm

Last i heard klopp said they are targeting preseason
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #109: Jan 23, 2019 11:16:52 pm
      Last i heard klopp said they are targeting preseason

Really, F**k, thought we might see him off the sub bench with a few games to go. He's going to be a special talent for us once up and running.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #110: Feb 15, 2019 03:12:56 pm
      Rhian Brewster on his rehab, team spirit and hopes for the future
      Rhian, it’s your first training camp with the senior side. How important is it for you to be here and be involved?

It’s a big step for me, having obviously being injured for a long time, to do my first one. I’ve been around the first team for a while now, so for this to be my first one I am grateful and happy – happy to be here.

What’s it been like around the place this week?

It’s been good, it’s been hyped. With me and Ox both being back in the training, everyone is happy – happy to see us both back in training. It’s been good, very good.

How important a step was it for you to be back in training and how is your rehab coming along?

It’s coming along very, very good. It’s just good to be back in and around the boys. I’ve been doing a lot of one-to-one training with the sports science team, so to be back with the boys just feels amazing. I can’t wait to properly be back involved with them.

This week is all about hard work and training, but in the downtime how have you been relaxing?

Well, I’ve been beating people at table tennis – just about 10 minutes ago! I’ve been relaxing quite a bit. It’s good to be in a different country and chill and relax, not always doing stuff. After training I have been relaxing and playing some table tennis. The games are very competitive!

In terms of your injury and rehab, although it was a huge disappointment for you and a long time out of action, do you think it’s something that can help you in the long-term in terms of your mentality and building your character?

Yeah, I think it’s taught me I am a strong person to have been through what I have been through in the last 13 months. It’s been a bumpy ride, but for me to come out of the other end, I think has helped me a lot. There were so many points during the rehab where I thought I wanted to scrap football or I was feeling annoyed at the situation I was in, but to get through it and reach the other end, it’s shown me I am a strong person and that I know what I want to do.

What helped you get through those moments?

My family, the people around me within Melwood – the coaching staff and the players – and people around me at home, my friends and stuff. They kept me going.

What’s it been like watching the team while you’ve been out and what have you learned from it?

The team spirit we have is second to none, it’s great on the pitch and in the changing rooms. At the training ground, I find it great – we never stop. From zero to 90 minutes, the team doesn’t stop working hard. I watch the front players a lot because that’s where I play, to see if I can learn anything from them, and I think I have learned quite a bit from them. Also, if they don’t start and come on, if the boss makes a sub in the front position, they’ve come on and made a big difference. That helps a lot as well; if you don’t start, wait for your chance to come and do what you’re best at.

We all know about your relationship with Ox, but just how important has he been in helping you along?

He’s been great. To have an older player of his ability who has been around for a long time, to have him next to me and help me along the way has been amazing. I couldn’t have asked for someone better to do my rehab with.

Were you surprised by the reaction from fans to your ‘Bezzies’ video with Ox?

Yeah, I didn’t think it was that big. To get their feedback from it – not just fans, but also people around Melwood – was quite good. I will probably do another one, something else with him again hopefully.

That video showed everything about the team spirit here…

It showed a lot. Because we’re out injured, it doesn’t mean we’re not part of the team – we’re very much part of the team. Even being injured, fit or not fit, they like to bring us in with everything they do and it shows the team spirit we have. It’s amazing.

We saw a clip on your Instagram earlier this week of the boss surprising you and giving you a hug. What’s your relationship like with him?

I’d like to think it’s a very, very good relationship and it’s building every day. I hope it can only continue to build from now and get better and better.

What’s he like as a man-manager?

He is great. He is one of the best managers out there – if not the best manager out there – for young players and for growing players. Everyone at Liverpool wants to play under the boss. If you get given a chance, everyone wants to prove they are ready to keep their shirt in the team. Everyone wants to be the best for him, so they can play every week.

What’s the next target for you?

To get back playing, a few U23s games and stuff, get my fitness back and hopefully, maybe, make my debut this year, if not next.

And maybe next time we’re in Marbella – if we do come back at some point – your situation will be completely different…

Yeah, hopefully by then I will have been in full training for a very long time!

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/338209-rhian-brewster-interview-rehab-liverpool
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #111: Mar 22, 2019 10:15:32 pm
      'I had no calves at all' - Liverpool wonderkid Brewster back on track for superstardom after injury nightmare

The 18-year-old striker is nearing a return to action after 14 months on the sidelines with ligament damage in both his ankle and his knee

It’s not the pain that sticks in Rhian Brewster’s mind, it’s the noise.

It is 14 months since the Liverpool striker’s progress was checked in the cruellest of fashions. An under-23s game against Manchester City, a routine aerial challenge, an awkward landing and the teenager’s world would be turned upside down.

“I didn’t want to look, to be honest,” Brewster tells Goal, wincing at the memory. “I knew it was a bad one, because I heard it. I heard something go. Immediately, I thought I’d broken my ankle.”

He hadn’t as it turned out, but this was no lucky escape. His ankle ligaments had been badly damaged in the fall, and so had his knee. He would require separate operations, a month apart, to correct them.

The initial diagnosis was that he would be out for around four or five months, back in action by the end of August. The reality was different. Brewster’s recovery has been long and arduous. He has only recently returned to training, having spent months in the gym and pool, building up the strength in his legs.

“I had no calves at all,” he says, checking the backs of his legs. “They’re coming back now, I think, but when you have two operations on your leg, the muscle mass just goes completely. There’s nothing you can do.”

Brewster recently admitted there were times he wanted to “scrap football” during his rehabilitation. He’s a positive character, and he’s needed to be. Those long, repetitive days at Melwood were enough to test anybody, let alone an 18-year-old yet to make his first professional appearance.

“You find out a lot about yourself,” says Brewster, who ranked 31st in this year's NxGn list of the world's best under-19s. “You have to be tough mentally.

“The operations were big ones, so I knew it’d take a lot of hard work. It’s hard, you know? You’re in the gym for hours on end doing strengthening exercises, and that’s just so you are able to start running again. You can’t even think about getting on the pitch to start with.”

He’s thinking about it now, though. Having recently returned to training, he’s eyeing up a run-out or two for the under-23s before the end of the season.

“Argh, don’t!” he says, excitedly. “I just want to score! It’s all I’ve been thinking about!”

Long-term, the plan remains the same. Brewster is by no means a shy kid, as he has already demonstrated in his fledgling career. He knows what he wants.

“I want to be a Premier League player, a Liverpool player and an England player,” he says, his back straightening. “Those ambitions still burn inside me, of course. Even more so now, I’d say!”

Brewster could have left Merseyside last summer. He could have followed Jadon Sancho to Germany had he wished. RB Leipzig and Borussia Monchengladbach made offers, tempting ones too, but so did Liverpool.

The Reds’ determination to keep their injured starlet was absolute. They think the world of him at Anfield.

“It’s huge for me,” Brewster says. “They still wanted me even when I was out for months, and for a player that’s a big thing.

“They’ve done so much. I’ve had days when I’m down or whatever, and they’ve let me go home to London to clear my head, or they’ve been there to pick me up and keep me going. I won’t forget it.”

JĂźrgen Klopp, too, has played his part. Each week when the Reds boss is asked for injury updates in his pre-match press conferences, he makes a point of mentioning Brewster as he would any other first-teamer.

It hasn’t gone unnoticed.

“It shows that he has a lot of faith in me,” he smiles. “And, when I’m back, I want to repay that faith.

“He could easily have forgotten about me, sent me back to the Academy to do my rehab or whatever, but he didn’t. He wanted me at Melwood, in and around the team, and for that I can’t thank him enough.”

Brewster speaks like a man eager to make up for lost time, and no wonder. He has been forced to sit and watch while peers, players he has matched and outshone at youth level, have accelerated towards stardom.

Sancho, for example, is now a full England international. Callum Hudson-Odoi, another Under-17 World Cup winner with England, is starring for Chelsea and being courted by Bayern Munich. Phil Foden, Reiss Nelson, Ryan Sessegnon, Emile Smith-Rowe, Morgan Gibbs-White, they’ve all made progress.

Even at Liverpool, Brewster has seen the likes of Curtis Jones, Rafa Camacho and Ki-Jana Hoever pick up first-team experience. He hopes his turn will come.

“Seeing them do it, it makes me think that I can do it as well,” he says. “It’s a good motivation for me. I can’t wait until I can show what I can do.

“I’m a very ambitious player, and I want to be around those top players. I want to compete with them and learn from them.

"Training should be tough, it should challenge you, because that’s how you improve. You want to get to that level, I don’t want to be the one where people say ‘ooh, maybe he’s not ready for that level yet’. I want to be up there with them.”

It's a good way to finish. 2018 was a miserable one for this supremely talented teen, but time is on his side.

Next year could be the year of Rhian Brewster.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #112: Mar 29, 2019 05:24:40 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #114: Mar 29, 2019 06:35:17 pm
      Nice goal but F**k me twitter people saying put him on the bench instead of Origi or Sturridge,good grief! :roll:

Quick Reply