Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)

Read 85088 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #161: Jan 06, 2020 04:30:10 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #162: Jan 07, 2020 08:38:11 pm
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #163: Jan 07, 2020 10:22:41 pm
      Good move for him,he reds robe playing some senior first team football so this should aid his development. Fingers crossed he can shake off the injuries and fulfil his potential. It certainly worked fir Abraham at Chelsea
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #164: Jan 07, 2020 10:59:28 pm
      Good Luck Rhian. Come back a Beast!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #165: Jan 08, 2020 05:55:33 am
      Considering all the talk about him in the pre-season and hype about him ever since U17 World Cup where he was top goal scorer it will be great to see him get some playing time in the Championship to get his feet wet at the professional level.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #166: Jan 08, 2020 12:21:37 pm
      What happened to this lad?

In the Summer, all the talk was about this lad taking a spot in the 1st team, and I got slammed by the usuals for suggesting that he was over hyped.

Bizarrely missing from the Villa match, and now being sent out on loan.

Is he finished? What's the story?

Player coming back from injury is always likely to pick up some more injuries on the way back.
      Now he seems to have recovered, getting game time is in his best interests.

Minamino & Elliott ahead of him for front 3 selection.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #167: Jan 10, 2020 09:33:35 pm
      Good luck to him at Swansea, hope he gets some decent playing time and eventually comes back to us, better and stronger. Always had high hopes for this lad.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2741 
      Reply #168: Jan 12, 2020 11:12:13 am
      Heā€™s starting today against Cardiff and itā€™s on Sky Sports from 1200 if anyoneā€™s interested.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #169: Jan 12, 2020 12:49:59 pm
      Good luck Rhian!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #170: Jan 12, 2020 05:26:51 pm
      Heā€™s starting today against Cardiff and itā€™s on Sky Sports from 1200 if anyoneā€™s interested.

How did he do?
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #171: Jan 14, 2020 08:06:08 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwc7cP__JRc

Looked like a game short on quality but he wasn't short of effort. Really looking forward to seeing how he gets on with regular senior football. Fingers crossed he can steer clear of the injuries.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #172: Jan 16, 2020 05:40:44 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwc7cP__JRc

Looked like a game short on quality but he wasn't short of effort. Really looking forward to seeing how he gets on with regular senior football. Fingers crossed he can steer clear of the injuries.
      Never really got the hype around him from the little Iā€™ve watched. This reel sums up what I had seen of him in other games, quite an untidy player with a lack of balance (seems to be on his bum more than his feet). He is only young of course and I wish him all the best but when you compare his performances with the likes of Jones and Elliot... miles apart.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #173: Jan 16, 2020 05:51:10 pm
      Never really got the hype around him from the little Iā€™ve watched. This reel sums up what I had seen of him in other games, quite an untidy player with a lack of balance (seems to be on his bum more than his feet). He is only young of course and I wish him all the best but when you compare his performances with the likes of Jones and Elliot... miles apart.

He does seem ridiculously overhyped, I agree with that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #174: Jan 16, 2020 06:23:34 pm

you don't agree with JĆ¼rgen then who was desperate to get him into the side because the lad is special. Injuries have really slowed his progress if he gets a good run to the end of the season with Swansea he will be back. Seen enough of him to know when he is fit he will be a monster for us
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #175: Jan 16, 2020 07:05:16 pm
      He is only young of course and I wish him all the best but when you compare his performances with the likes of Jones and Elliot... miles apart.

Completely different positions.

Also playing up front on his own in literally his first match his first week at the club ;D.

People are WILD! HAHAHA
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #176: Jan 16, 2020 07:21:00 pm
      scored 4 in 7 for the u-23's,got a goal in the youth league,hardly kicked a football the year before dunno why people wanna have a pop at the lad,just watch and see what happens at Swansea.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #177: Jan 16, 2020 07:36:23 pm
      you don't agree with JĆ¼rgen then who was desperate to get him into the side because the lad is special. Injuries have really slowed his progress if he gets a good run to the end of the season with Swansea he will be back. Seen enough of him to know when he is fit he will be a monster for us

JĆ¼rgen has been very good to him, keeping him around the first team as he went through a devastating injury, out for nearly a year, and still as he has struggled for form since returning, with a couple of other injuries delaying his progress. Hoping he rebounds via this loan spell, but I do think we sometimes underestimate how much a serious injury like that can threat a player's chance to be something special or even have a good career as a footballer.

Hoping for the best for Rhian.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #178: Jan 16, 2020 09:09:54 pm
      People donā€™t half jump at the chance to start an argument on this forum, Iā€™m hardly ā€œdisagreeing with Kloppā€. I wasnā€™t exactly scathing of the lad, just expressing that he has not lived up to expectations, particularly considering the performances of some of the other youngsters. As for ā€œcompletely different positionsā€, thatā€™s completely irrelevant. Nothing to do with position, they are comparable in that they are young players making debuts for the senior side. Players like Neco Williams, Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones have came in and made a statement wheres Rhian hasnā€™t in my opinion.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #179: Jan 16, 2020 10:06:51 pm
      People donā€™t half jump at the chance to start an argument on this forum, Iā€™m hardly ā€œdisagreeing with Kloppā€. I wasnā€™t exactly scathing of the lad, just expressing that he has not lived up to expectations, particularly considering the performances of some of the other youngsters. As for ā€œcompletely different positionsā€, thatā€™s completely irrelevant. Nothing to do with position, they are comparable in that they are young players making debuts for the senior side. Players like Neco Williams, Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones have came in and made a statement wheres Rhian hasnā€™t in my opinion.

its because you are so ill informed isn't it. Go away check his record out look at just how long and how serious his injury was then listen to how much JĆ¼rgen rates him and then you might understand why you are just so off the mark
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #180: Jan 16, 2020 10:30:28 pm

The game itself was very untidy so I wouldn't judge him on his performance the other night, looked like the ball was in the air most of the game. The lad hasn't really played much the past 18 months and the hype all preceded his injury and was based largely on his performances for under 18s and then in the World Cup where he was top scorer as England won the tournament. I don't think he has played enough minutes even to be compared to Elliott and Jones performances this season in the cups. Fairly sure Rhian has only played off the bench for the last 15-20, he might have had one start.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #181: Jan 16, 2020 11:38:41 pm

Klopp also thought Grujic was special and Karius. Klopp does very occasionally make some errors, but he's allowed to.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #182: Jan 17, 2020 07:51:53 am
      its because you are so ill informed isn't it. Go away check his record out look at just how long and how serious his injury was then listen to how much JĆ¼rgen rates him and then you might understand why you are just so off the mark
      Ah so my eyes are ill informed? Iā€™m not questioning his stats mate, Iā€™m simply saying that from what Iā€™ve seen of him, he is not near ready to make the step up. JĆ¼rgen rates him I get that, as he probably does all players under his leadership, but the fact that Rhian is surplus to requirements this season is maybe enough to suggest that JĆ¼rgen also believes he isnā€™t ready.

Look heā€™s a young lad and Iā€™m far from writing him off. What I really like about him is the effort he puts in, throwing himself about but sometimes itā€™s all a bit wild and unorthodox. If thereā€™s anywhere he can succeed itā€™s Liverpool, and anyone he can succeed under its JĆ¼rgen Klopp.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #183: Jan 17, 2020 11:23:27 am
      he had 440 days  with one injury until March last season and had had further ankle injuries this year. He isn't surplus to requirements where has that been said he has gone to Swansea to get match fit and find some form which he cant really do on the bench or playing for the U23's. Get this lad fit and firing in a couple of year he will be a natural replacement for one of our aging forwards and he will only be 22 or 23. It took Mo some years to develop into the player we see today and needed to get away from Chelsea to progress. I have seen Rhian at Liverpool and International level he is a superb finisher and with pace to burn he just needs time

Quick Reply