Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)

Read 85022 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #207: Jan 17, 2020 11:41:11 pm
      a bit like you not being a top poster then. what about your Danny Ings prediction he was another player damned with terrible injuries and damned by you yey now with a good preseason and games under his belt is scoring for fun in a very AVG team. Ask anyone who has watched Rhian before his injury he was superb and Jürgen knows it and will bring him along slowly over the next few seasons . Over 400 days out with a serious injury 19 years old and his own supporters writing the lads chances of.

Danny Ings is in the form of his life but who would you drop out of Bobby, Sadio and Mo to fit him into our team? If none of them then please stfu. Danny is an OK player but no where near our level so I stand by what I said.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #208: Jan 18, 2020 06:53:28 am
      What I’m comparing is the performances of a young striker playing in a striker’s role.

IN YOUR FIRST POST YOU LITERALLY SAID YOU'VE SEEN VERY LITTLE OF HIM!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #209: Jan 18, 2020 06:55:38 am
      Never really got the hype around him from the little I’ve watched.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #210: Jan 18, 2020 07:29:10 am
      IN YOUR FIRST POST YOU LITERALLY SAID YOU'VE SEEN VERY LITTLE OF HIM!
      No need to shout.

I did say that and was actually trying to give some balance to my comments more than anything else. He hasn’t had many senior appearances but enough for people to form an opinion and mine is that he hasn’t impressed so far. Can’t believe I have to say this again but I am NOT suggesting that he won’t come good or that he has no future at the club. Not sure what people don’t understand about this, I mean I’m hardly comparing him to Robbie Fowler. I’m comparing him to other youngsters who have had a few games for the senior team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #211: Jan 18, 2020 09:04:59 am
      No need to shout.

I did say that and was actually trying to give some balance to my comments more than anything else. He hasn’t had many senior appearances but enough for people to form an opinion and mine is that he hasn’t impressed so far. Can’t believe I have to say this again but I am NOT suggesting that he won’t come good or that he has no future at the club. Not sure what people don’t understand about this, I mean I’m hardly comparing him to Robbie Fowler. I’m comparing him to other youngsters who have had a few games for the senior team.

Come on, fall into line, you have to praise every single player we have, they are all absolutely amazing until the point they get sold to Bournemouth!! ;-)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #212: Jan 18, 2020 01:53:03 pm
      As with all young prospects, Rhian at some point has to turn the signs that have many of us and club management believe he is a promising talent, into consistently good performances on the park for the first team. It's a delicate business getting from A to B with fitness, personal maturity, business and family considerations, supporter expectations, competition for places and the pressure of the first team to produce results, all factoring in.  With the Internet we tend to hear more about these prospects than we used to, but even with that, Rhian will get a little more attention because of how promising he has been with the younger teams for Liverpool and England, AND Klopp's decision to have him on the bench for big Champions League games, etc.

So now he's got a good chance to play regular first team football and realize more of his potential. If it goes well, and I trust we are all hoping it does, it will give him a boost of confidence coming back for preseason this summer where he can step forward to become more a part of first team actions. It looks like he and Klopp have a great relationship and I like Jürgen's chances to create a real success story. Rhian has every opportunity now, but like every other footballer before him, he hasn't actually done it until ... he's done it. Stay tuned.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #213: Jan 18, 2020 01:57:49 pm
      As with all young prospects, Rhian at some point has to turn the signs that have many of us and club management believe he is a promising talent, into consistently good performances on the park for the first team. It's a delicate business getting from A to B with fitness, personal maturity, business and family considerations, supporter expectations, competition for places and the pressure of the first team to produce results, all factoring in.  With the Internet we tend to hear more about these prospects than we used to, but even with that, Rhian will get a little more attention because of how promising he has been with the younger teams for Liverpool and England, AND Klopp's decision to have him on the bench for big Champions League games, etc.

So now he's got a good chance to play regular first team football and realize more of his potential. If it goes well, and I trust we are all hoping it does, it will give him a boost of confidence coming back for preseason this summer where he can step forward to become more a part of first team actions. It looks like he and Klopp have a great relationship and I like Jürgen's chances to create a real success story. Rhian has every opportunity now, but like every other footballer before him, he hasn't actually done it until ... he's done it. Stay tuned.

one thing he isn't short of is confidence as witnessed on the bus after CL final . If all goes well he will be ready to destroy teams in 3 or 4 years and still be a young striker imagine how much Jürgen will improve him over this length of time.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #214: Jan 18, 2020 03:22:31 pm
      Just scored for Swansea.

Nice one kid.

If he plays he'll score goals., keep it up.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #215: Jan 18, 2020 03:50:50 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #217: Jan 18, 2020 05:11:34 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #218: Jan 18, 2020 05:19:59 pm
      Nice goal, hope it helps him quick start his career which, let's be honest, probably won't be at LFC for much longer. Some people were upset when I said years ago that being top scorer of U17 or U20 World Cups meant little for professional career success and I still haven't seen much in Brewster or Solanke (u20 WC golden ball) to change that assertion.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #219: Jan 18, 2020 05:31:58 pm
      Nice goal, hope it helps him quick start his career which, let's be honest, probably won't be at LFC for much longer. Some people were upset when I said years ago that being top scorer of U17 or U20 World Cups meant little for professional career success and I still haven't seen much in Brewster or Solanke (u20 WC golden ball) to change that assertion.

I think he will be given every chance next season to make it here.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #220: Jan 18, 2020 06:05:08 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #221: Jan 18, 2020 06:13:04 pm

Yep, and probably a couple of seasons after next.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #222: Jan 18, 2020 06:21:55 pm
      Yep, and probably a couple of seasons after next.

Like Solanke, Ibe and Woodburn 😉
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #223: Jan 18, 2020 07:39:54 pm

I find it very unlikely, with the kind of quality we have upfront, he'd have to show exceptional promise to get a meaningful amount of game time
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #224: Jan 18, 2020 07:43:03 pm
      I find it very unlikely, with the kind of quality we have upfront, he'd have to show exceptional promise to get a meaningful amount of game time

Even just next season there's going to be a 4-8 week window where Mane and Salah are out of the picture at AFCON. Time will tell of course (and I know there is a tendency to overrate young prospects) but Jürgen really does seem to be paying special attention to this one.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #225: Jan 18, 2020 08:08:07 pm
      Even just next season there's going to be a 4-8 week window where Mane and Salah are out of the picture at AFCON. Time will tell of course (and I know there is a tendency to overrate young prospects) but Jürgen really does seem to be paying special attention to this one.

they cant even do the simple maths mate. Mo is 28 this summer Forwards don't improve at that age this is their peak and after 30 stats suggest a decline in their goal scoring in 2 years Rhian will be 21 and your right Jürgen believes this lad is worth the trouble as he does with Harry Wilson. What is weird is the willingness of supporters to right them off so early in their careers and seem happy when they fail.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #226: Jan 18, 2020 10:22:09 pm

Yes and in needing more depth we signed a new attacking player this Jan just as we sent Brewster away. I really don't see those signs but we shall see.

What is weird is the willingness of supporters to right them off so early in their careers and seem happy when they fail.

Most youngsters fail for LFC standards, it's just a simple basic fact of life because making it at that level is extremely difficult. So the odds are always against them. Saying I think Solanke and Brewster won't make it at LFC hardly means I am happy to see them fail, I just don't see that much in them. With Solanke I ended up being right, Brewster is younger and had a major injury setback so who knows, maybe he'll turn it around.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #227: Jan 19, 2020 09:26:49 am
      Yes and in needing more depth we signed a new attacking player this Jan just as we sent Brewster away. I really don't see those signs but we shall see.

Most youngsters fail for LFC standards, it's just a simple basic fact of life because making it at that level is extremely difficult. So the odds are always against them. Saying I think Solanke and Brewster won't make it at LFC hardly means I am happy to see them fail, I just don't see that much in them. With Solanke I ended up being right, Brewster is younger and had a major injury setback so who knows, maybe he'll turn it around.

Spot on, I'm the same I want all the youngsters to make it with us, means less money needed for transfers plus a player coming through the academy is always special, they have that extra hunger, quality and magic.

That's why I'm delighted for Trent and excited by Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott and Neco Williams, those three show glimpses of greatness which I simply have not seen in Solanke, Ibe, Woodburn, Wilson or Brewster. Its not meant as a slight on them just an honest assessment.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #228: Jan 19, 2020 10:13:00 am
      Spot on, I'm the same I want all the youngsters to make it with us, means less money needed for transfers plus a player coming through the academy is always special, they have that extra hunger, quality and magic.

That's why I'm delighted for Trent and excited by Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott and Neco Williams, those three show glimpses of greatness which I simply have not seen in Solanke, Ibe, Woodburn, Wilson or Brewster. Its not meant as a slight on them just an honest assessment.

How many times have you actually seen Williams for example play ?

I have no doubt you are just reacting to one game

How many times have you seen Brewster play ? Woodburn ?

Do you even know anything about their careers ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #229: Jan 19, 2020 11:28:18 am

How many times have you actually seen Williams for example play ?

I have no doubt you are just reacting to one game

How many times have you seen Brewster play ? Woodburn ?

Do you even know anything about their careers ?

Sometimes you don't need a long look at a player to know they are quality, I've seen enough of Brewster, Woodburn, Wilson, Ibe and Solanke to know that its unlikely they'll make the grade, unless they suddenly improve by a large amount.
      On the other hand Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Neco Williams have shown more in the little time I've seen them play than I ever saw from the others, they all have that x-factor, that special blend of skill, confidence and hunger that you need at the very top.

Anyway probably best to agree to disagree on this, BTW I hope I'm wrong and that Brewster and Wilson become brilliant players for us.

Quick Reply