Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)

Read 85677 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #253: Jan 19, 2020 03:17:35 pm
      You carry on believing its ok to right off their chance of playing for Liverpool based on nothing more than feeling

And that's your arrogance right there, you assume that I am basing my opinion on feeling and it doesn't even occur to you that you're not the only person who watches the bloody team.

I do also believe that if young players work hard they have chance, but that chance is slim nonetheless, just look at how many academy players have become regulars at LFC over the years and you'll see that reality doesn't always agree with wishful thinking.

I happen to think that, in the case of Brewster, with his development being hampered by injury and the extremely high level of the first team, he's unlikely to become a first team regular. That's a specific assessment of a specific player, if you disagree that's fine, doesn't mean I want him or would be happy to see him fail as you have suggested.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Reply #254: Jan 19, 2020 08:30:40 pm
      At the time did you think Solanke would be one of our main strikers yes or no, how about Ibe? I'm not sure you answered that question. And this crap about they play for Bournemouth who are in the prem therefore by extension they must be amazing players is ludicrous. Of course its easier to get into a sh*t team than it is a top team, I would have thought that is fairly bloody obvious!

You and banana are either being deliberately argumentative or you are idiots, I can't quite work out which it is but I suspect its the former.

And you are nothing but a troll pr**k pal

Bournemouth are not a “sh*t” team ffs - have some perspective you tw*t
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #255: Jan 20, 2020 08:16:40 am
      just for a minute try and use your brain. Try to see how Jürgen has developed players rather than buy them. Jürgen plans ahead I don't know how far ahead but go and read what he says about Rhian Brewster we could have sold him and Harry but Jürgen has plans for them that may or may not work out in two or three seasons time . Why don't you tell us all who will be in the team in place of our front three and how much they would cost to replace them. Jürgen has been here for 5 years its as if some people don't really understand his philosophy . If some one comes available that is a perfect fit then yes he will be in for them but Strikers are the hardest players to recruit just ask Maureen at the moment

So did Klopp develop Virgil, how about Allison or Robertson, Sadio, Salah, Keita, Minamino....   Look it is wonderful to have young people come through the ranks, I already mentioned that but if you can't there is a transfer market. As for who we could buy for the front three, my wish would be for Mbappe, perhaps Timo Werner, plus we have Minamino. I also wouldn't mind Haaland in a few years time if he continues to develop and perform at a high level. I'm sure there are many other out there as well.

Your fixation on Brewster as our only forward option for the future is bordering on the bizarre now
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #256: Jan 20, 2020 08:22:09 am

And you are nothing but a troll pr**k pal

Bournemouth are not a “sh*t” team ffs - have some perspective you tw*t

Do you even know what a troll poster is, its certainly not someone who just happens to disagree with you and argues their case, like I do. It could be argued that someone who just hurls abuse in response is more the troll!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #257: Jan 20, 2020 04:21:27 pm
      Kid scores on his home debut in the championship you would think that could only be seen as a positive.It was a nice goal as well.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #258: Jan 20, 2020 07:59:29 pm
      Kid scores on his home debut in the championship you would think that could only be seen as a positive.It was a nice goal as well.

Yeah seen it the other night, thought it was a good finish.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #259: Jan 20, 2020 10:31:22 pm
      Yeah seen it the other night, thought it was a good finish.

So did I.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #260: Jan 20, 2020 10:34:01 pm
      I'd put money on Brewster being at another club, permanently, within the next two years.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #261: Jan 21, 2020 01:46:11 am
      It is true that most Academy players, at all academies, don't make it with the first team.

Brewster still has that chance. Time will tell.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #262: Jan 21, 2020 10:03:40 am
      It is true that most Academy players, at all academies, don't make it with the first team.

Yeah but Kelly and Coady didn't make it with LFC and they now have Premier League careers with other clubs.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #263: Jan 21, 2020 10:43:27 am
      Yeah but Kelly and Coady didn't make it with LFC and they now have Premier League careers with other clubs.

yes but we are talking about breaking into a superb Liverpool team, th ebest team on the planet, that is quite a daunting challenge right now for a senior player let alone an academy player.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #264: Jan 21, 2020 12:43:34 pm
      yes but we are talking about breaking into a superb Liverpool team, th ebest team on the planet, that is quite a daunting challenge right now for a senior player let alone an academy player.

My point really is that people are saying Brewster will be at another club in a couple of years.
      Even if he is, and it might by PL or Championship, it's not a failure.

LFC has finally returned to producing top talent from its academy.
      That can only be a good thing.
      Those that make it, like Trent, improve the 1st team squad.
      Those who leave can have a good career and boost transfer funds in the process.
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2020 02:45:12 pm by racerx34 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #265: Jan 21, 2020 01:54:59 pm
      My point really is that people are saying Brewster will be at another club in a couple of years.

100% agree, the vast majority of the lads coming out of our academy will have good careers some where, and even if they don't make it with us then as in the case of Ibe and Solanke they make the club a very nice profit so its all good.
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2020 02:45:23 pm by racerx34 »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #266: Jan 21, 2020 03:49:56 pm

All true statements.

My opinion, and it is an opinion, is that Rhian has a better chance of sticking here than most.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #267: Jan 24, 2020 05:46:54 pm
      Every touch including the goal from Rhian's second game for Swansea.

Based on the clips
      - The Swans must love him already given the amount of running and closing down he is doing, looks like he ran himself into the ground in this game
      - There are 4-5 bits of lovely skill. The goal itself, plus a couple of nice flicks to play in runners, a sharp turn in the box with a shot going just over the bar.
      - He's a good header of the ball, gets up and competes, won most of them against bigger more experienced players
      - Looks to be rediscovering his touch and fitness. Will be really interesting to see how he develops during his time there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0I0fo70umE

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #268: Jan 24, 2020 06:15:58 pm
      Every touch including the goal from Rhian's second game for Swansea.

Based on the clips
      - The Swans must love him already given the amount of running and closing down he is doing, looks like he ran himself into the ground in this game
      - There are 4-5 bits of lovely skill. The goal itself, plus a couple of nice flicks to play in runners, a sharp turn in the box with a shot going just over the bar.
      - He's a good header of the ball, gets up and competes, won most of them against bigger more experienced players
      - Looks to be rediscovering his touch and fitness. Will be really interesting to see how he develops during his time there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0I0fo70umE

Not afraid to put himself about either, always a bit of a worry after a major injury.

Nice clip.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #269: Jan 25, 2020 12:53:39 am
      Nice video that was a solid performance hope he he does well.  Like mentioned by other posters he has come from a long injury will need time.   His couple of games in the Cup were very average.  Elliot and Jones looked much better, but they will have good and bad patches it is part of development.   The Bar is very high in our team.  Still young and has a lot of potential.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #270: Feb 01, 2020 05:50:33 pm
      Scored again today this could be the perfect loan team for him
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #271: Feb 01, 2020 06:24:32 pm
      Scored again today this could be the perfect loan team for him

Very positive.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #272: Feb 07, 2020 03:56:52 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #273: Feb 07, 2020 04:03:04 pm

its such a small number that make it not sure of the odds but probably runs in to the hundreds who fail for everyone that does get into the team. Jürgen seems to like him and if he didn't have so many injuries he would have had more game time but with all these lads time will tell.
      https://www.thestatszone.com/archive/how-successful-has-liverpools-academy-been-in-producing-professional-footballers-13496
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #274: Feb 07, 2020 04:06:20 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #275: Feb 15, 2020 03:05:52 pm
      Decent goal against Hull,third of the season level with Joe Allen now! carded for the ott celebration.

Quick Reply