Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)

Read 86244 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #299: Jul 09, 2020 10:24:39 pm
      didn't he score in his debut game, or fairly early on.

No and no. It was nearly midway through the season in their 3-3 draw with Sheffield United.

Nobody is triggered by anything mate, but you are making comparisons with a player yet to play in the Premier League for the fact he spent a year out injured and because it’s much harder to get into our team. Greenwood has Dan James for competition...If Greenwood was with us he wouldn’t have played anywhere near as much as he has. That’s all. Compare them when Brewster is in a position to be compared with because otherwise it’s just pointless. Next year will be a better time to judge Brewster.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #300: Jul 09, 2020 10:27:16 pm
      No and no. It was nearly midway through the season in their 3-3 draw with Sheffield United.

Nobody is triggered by anything. But you are making comparisons with a player yet to play in the Premier League for the fact he spent a year out injured and because it’s much harder to get into our team. Greenwood has Dan James for competition...If Greenwood was with us he wouldn’t have played anywhere near as much as he has. That’s all. Compare them when Brewster is in a position to be compared with because otherwise it’s just pointless.

As I have said I hope I'm wrong about Brewster but I look at Greenwood, even early on and you could see a real talent, I've never seen even a glimpse of that with Brewster, same as I never did with Woodburn.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 2818 
      Reply #301: Jul 09, 2020 10:33:03 pm
      Greenwood is 2 years younger and already looks much much better, didn't he score in his debut game, or fairly early on.

Why are so many of you triggered by this?

I don't know if people are triggered or not but I think they're trying to say these two kids are in completely different situations but you're directly comparing them

Greenwood is getting significant game time in United's best XI in a season when they are well off the pace in the league but Brewster has only played 3 cup games in a heavily rotated team (after a serious injury) so hasn't really had a chance yet to show what he can truly do. I don't think it's a coincidence that Rashford broke through in the second half of a season where United were in the Europa League and finishing 5th in the league.

Don't get me wrong, Greenwood is a serious talent that looks like he could really make it big but that doesn't mean we should write off our own young kids just because they've played 3 games and not done much. Brewster could still be a very effective player for us in the coming years - not everyone bursts onto the scene at 18 and starts banging them in from game one.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #302: Jul 09, 2020 10:42:12 pm
      Yes he has shown absolutely f**k all in any of them, compare that to Greenwood.

Sorry but this has to go down as the dumbest post of 2020, quote me on that.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #303: Jul 09, 2020 11:47:27 pm
      Get what people are saying with the fact Brewster has an injury and that has obviously hampered his progress. I would say that is a bigger contributing factor than the fact that he has played so few games or in heavily rotated teams. Feel that would have been a chance for him to really stand out but he was outshined by other youngsters in these games, likes of Jones, Elliott and Williams.

Hadn’t watched much of him at youth level but had heard a great deal about the promise he was showing. Maybe had unrealistic expectations when I watched him but was really far from impressed in any of his games for us so far. Will try to catch a Swansea game or 2 but in truth, unless it’s Liverpool, I really can’t focus on a game of football for very long.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #304: Jul 10, 2020 07:11:10 am
      So I decided to go and see the goals he scored for Swansea so far and I am impressed by the fact that when he gets the ball in the box it seems he has this thing all great striker have which is this ability to raise his head just for a quarter of a second and before his eyes are back on the ball he already knows what he's doing and he goes on to smash the ball in an emphatic manner.

Kid also seems to be much bulkier than the last time I saw him.

He seems promising, but I haven't watched Swansea's games so I wouldn't have an opinion on if the guy should come straight to the senior squad or be sent on loan in the PL. Surely Klopp and the staff know best and will make the right decision.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #305: Jul 10, 2020 08:04:45 am
      Sorry but this has to go down as the dumbest post of 2020, quote me on that.

So what did Brewster show you in the games he has played for us then, I'm genuinely curious, perhaps I have this all wrong in which case I'll be more than happy to admit fault.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #306: Jul 10, 2020 08:10:12 am
      So I decided to go and see the goals he scored for Swansea so far and I am impressed by the fact that when he gets the ball in the box it seems he has this thing all great striker have which is this ability to raise his head just for a quarter of a second and before his eyes are back on the ball he already knows what he's doing and he goes on to smash the ball in an emphatic manner.

Kid also seems to be much bulkier than the last time I saw him.

He seems promising, but I haven't watched Swansea's games so I wouldn't have an opinion on if the guy should come straight to the senior squad or be sent on loan in the PL. Surely Klopp and the staff know best and will make the right decision.

I'm going to try and catch the next Swansea game to see how he has progressed, as mentioned I'd be happy to be proven wrong on this as we desperately need better backup for the forwards and there is nothing better than a good home grown player, well through the academy at least.

Having said all this I feel that Minamino is growing more into the team as well now, I was impressed with his movement the few minutes he played on Wednesday, I wouldn't mind seeing him start a game alongside Mo and Sadio, playing the Bobby role.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #307: Jul 10, 2020 08:14:00 am
      I feel gutted to say this but Greenwood feels like he has a different ceiling than Brewster ... Hopefully i'm proven wrong and Brewster will develop in a top striker, but Greenwood feels a lot more complete and a future star in the making.

I dont like to praise the scum players but that's the truth in my opinion ... If Brewster didnt have those injuries he would be already a squad player for us.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #308: Jul 10, 2020 09:01:42 am
      So what did Brewster show you in the games he has played for us then, I'm genuinely curious, perhaps I have this all wrong in which case I'll be more than happy to admit fault.

The comparison is completely flawed, as others have mentioned Greenwood has played regularly and around first team players. Rhian has played three games with makeshift first 11's, it doesn't matter what he did or didn't show as the comparison isn't a fair one to make.

Greenwood no doubt has more potential and looks the better player but to write of one of our own because he isn't living up to standard of a player who is in a completely different situation in their development isn't fair.

Rhian seems to be performing well at Swansea and that is all we can ask of the kid.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #309: Jul 10, 2020 09:42:08 am
      The comparison is completely flawed, as others have mentioned Greenwood has played regularly and around first team players. Rhian has played three games with makeshift first 11's, it doesn't matter what he did or didn't show as the comparison isn't a fair one to make.

Greenwood no doubt has more potential and looks the better player but to write of one of our own because he isn't living up to standard of a player who is in a completely different situation in their development isn't fair.

Rhian seems to be performing well at Swansea and that is all we can ask of the kid.

Why is it unfair of me to critique one of our players???

I have said that I hope he develops into a good player but that sadly I have not seen any glimpses of any special talent so far.

I have also said I hope to be proven wrong about him, so what exactly is it with my posts that are upsetting you and others??
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #310: Jul 10, 2020 09:52:29 am

I have said that I hope he develops into a good player but that sadly I have not seen any glimpses of any special talent so far.

I have also said I hope to be proven wrong about him, so what exactly is it with my posts that are upsetting you and others??

You should watch him play for Swansea then for his remaining games on loan to get an idea of how he is developing.

By all accounts Swansea fans think he is the best loan signing in the club's history and rate him very highly.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #311: Jul 10, 2020 09:54:13 am
      You should watch him play for Swansea then for his remaining games on loan to get an idea of how he is developing.

By all accounts Swansea fans think he is the best loan signing in the club's history and rate him very highly.

I already said I will, does anyone know when the next televised match for them is?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #312: Jul 10, 2020 09:58:50 am
      I already said I will, does anyone know when the next televised match for them is?

Playing Leeds on Sunday so I'd say this will be televised on some channel. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #313: Jul 10, 2020 10:29:46 am
      I feel gutted to say this but Greenwood feels like he has a different ceiling than Brewster ... Hopefully i'm proven wrong and Brewster will develop in a top striker, but Greenwood feels a lot more complete and a future star in the making.

I dont like to praise the scum players but that's the truth in my opinion ... If Brewster didnt have those injuries he would be already a squad player for us.

I feel same way when I compliment Liverpool players but there's nothing wrong with being honest about a player no matter if it's against your biggest rivals or any other team. I do it often as I'm a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due dispite the rivalry.

It's a even better feeling when it's a home grown talent such as yourselves with the likes of Fowler & Owen along with many more in other positions

There's nothing worse than fans always being biased, credit to you George even though as you quite rightly say it hurts.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #314: Jul 10, 2020 10:40:12 am

It's not unfair as its a opinion your entitled to like anyone else. Obviously fellow fans will always try and think postive as nothing wrong with that either.

I've not seen Brewster play yet but will go out of my way Sunday to see how he does. What was his injury and how long had he been out of the game ? Was it a year or so?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #315: Jul 10, 2020 12:12:25 pm
      What exactly do you think Greenwood did in his first three games for UTD , he has played 29 games alone this season - how the hell can you compare the two

29 games looks slightly more than what it actually is PJ. He's only started 8 premier league games and sub the others with two cup games which obviously adds up to 29.

Good stats for one so young.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #316: Jul 10, 2020 12:15:37 pm
      It's not unfair as its a opinion your entitled to like anyone else. Obviously fellow fans will always try and think postive as nothing wrong with that either.

I've not seen Brewster play yet but will go out of my way Sunday to see how he does. What was his injury and how long had he been out of the game ? Was it a year or so?

fu**ed his ankle ligaments, did his knee (same time) couple of operations, over a year out.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #317: Jul 10, 2020 12:18:12 pm
      Playing Leeds on Sunday so I'd say this will be televised on some channel. 

OK cool, I quite want to watch Leeds, think they could be a decent team in the Prem next season, they've been out of the top flight for to long
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #318: Jul 10, 2020 12:32:13 pm
      OK cool, I quite want to watch Leeds, think they could be a decent team in the Prem next season, they've been out of the top flight for to long

No no no  ;D Their  scum  :lmao: Hopefully go down as quick as they go up. They bottled it last couple of seasons so ever squirrel gets a nut sometimes  ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #319: Jul 10, 2020 02:04:57 pm

Yup Leeds play a nice style of football under Bielsa and have more tactical nous than Norwich so I can see them staying up next season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #320: Jul 10, 2020 02:06:23 pm
      No no no  ;D Their  scum  :lmao: Hopefully go down as quick as they go up. They bottled it last couple of seasons so ever squirrel gets a nut sometimes  ;D

About time Man Utd got a few more bogey teams ;-)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #321: Jul 10, 2020 08:29:12 pm
      See here's what i don't get.kid is averaging a goal every 2 games but that ain't good enough for some.Y'all can't be happy, gotta compare him to some manc scrote.Not even watched him but F**k it shoot him down.sh*t way to look at things.

Quick Reply