Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)

Read 85078 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #391: Jul 24, 2020 10:39:26 am
      No need to get abusive, it was a simple misunderstanding, not all forwards are good at taking freekicks, ours are crap at it, but what is the problem with that as long as you have someone in the team who is good, are you saying that because they can't take a good freekick they aren't very good players or that it somehow weakens us as a team, I'm still a bit unclear on what your point is.

I’m not being abusive but you are still trying to pick at something that isn’t there to be picked at, I corrected you once and then you still carried on, corrected you a second time and you are still carrying on.
      It was a mere comparison at the skill set of our current forwards and you are literally trying to create something that isn’t there, with your comments about does it weaken us as a team etc. It was a simple damn comparison, nothing more, nothing less.
      Maybe if I had started saying how great Greenwood is you would have been less irritating and childish because it’s really not difficult to understand it was a simple comparison of our forward players. Nothing to do with the skill set of any other players in our team, nothing to do with us not being a good team.

I’m not going to explain what I was saying any further, it’s just annoying.
      « Last Edit: Jul 24, 2020 10:45:27 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #392: Jul 24, 2020 11:09:32 am
      I’m not being abusive but you are still trying to pick at something that isn’t there to be picked at, I corrected you once and then you still carried on, corrected you a second time and you are still carrying on.
      It was a mere comparison at the skill set of our current forwards and you are literally trying to create something that isn’t there, with your comments about does it weaken us as a team etc. It was a simple damn comparison, nothing more, nothing less.
      Maybe if I had started saying how great Greenwood is you would have been less irritating and childish because it’s really not difficult to understand it was a simple comparison of our forward players. Nothing to do with the skill set of any other players in our team, nothing to do with us not being a good team.

I’m not going to explain what I was saying any further, it’s just annoying.

You original post was "Of the current forward players at the club, only Shaqiri is any good at free kicks". I simply pointed out that Trent is quite good at freekicks, which somehow triggered you. I even apologised for any confusion but its not enough to satisfy you, so I'll just let you fume away like Frank Lampard did on Wednesday ;-)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #393: Jul 24, 2020 11:16:35 am
      You original post was "Of the current forward players at the club, only Shaqiri is any good at free kicks". I simply pointed out that Trent is quite good at freekicks, which somehow triggered you. I even apologised for any confusion but its not enough to satisfy you, so I'll just let you fume away like Frank Lampard did on Wednesday ;-)

No it was a backhanded apology because you still couldn’t resist carrying it on after that.

You keep on saying about triggering people lately. It’s almost as if you are intentionally baiting people...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #394: Jul 24, 2020 11:25:05 am
      No it was a backhanded apology because you still couldn’t resist carrying it on after that.

You keep on saying about triggering people lately. It’s almost as if you are intentionally baiting people...

In this instance I slightly misread your post to imply we had no one who could take freekicks, for that I apologise, it's not backhanded, if that caused you distress or irritation, which clearly it seemed to do, then I humbly apologise, ok we good?
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #395: Jul 27, 2020 08:42:02 am
      Won the first play off leg 1-0 for swansea against Brentford last night.
      Could potentially leave a tasty south wales play off final if cardiff beat fulham!

Would love to see Brewster loaned back out for 1 more year to swansea if they get into the prem
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #396: Jul 27, 2020 02:12:30 pm
      I watched the Swansea v Brentford game and could tell he was a scouser by his diving techniques  ;D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #397: Jul 27, 2020 04:56:06 pm
      I watched the Swansea v Brentford game and could tell he was a scouser by his diving techniques  ;D

Who has the most pens? Come on Keith ;D :D

What did he do on a serious note?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #398: Jul 27, 2020 05:46:37 pm
      Who has the most pens? Come on Keith ;D :D

What did he do on a serious note?

Fergie gone now these were genuine penalties  ;D

Nothing much really, just no flies on him and knows when to milk it. He got one penalty but other one you could see he did a Ashley Young special  :lmao:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #399: Jul 27, 2020 05:56:56 pm
      Fergie gone now these were genuine penalties  ;D

Nothing much really, just no flies on him and knows when to milk it. He got one penalty but other one you could see he did a Ashley Young special  :lmao:

Haha, good one. He's a real talent. Just hope that he can step it up a level.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #400: Jul 27, 2020 06:19:57 pm
      Won the first play off leg 1-0 for swansea against Brentford last night.
      Could potentially leave a tasty south wales play off final if cardiff beat fulham!

Would love to see Brewster loaned back out for 1 more year to swansea if they get into the prem

yeah because its not like we desperately need more options in attack or anything!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #401: Jul 27, 2020 10:30:44 pm
      yeah because its not like we desperately need more options in attack or anything!!

If I could bet on it I'd put money he won't be at Swansea next year.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #402: Jul 29, 2020 09:52:12 pm
      Another goal fir Brester tonight but the end of the road for Swansea. It’s a shame because had they come up the best move for him was probably another season there but this time in the premier league. He’s five well though, 11 in 21. Hopefully he can make the step up Similar to the two lads at Chelsea this past season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #403: Jul 30, 2020 05:53:12 am
      Another goal fir Brester tonight but the end of the road for Swansea. It’s a shame because had they come up the best move for him was probably another season there but this time in the premier league. He’s five well though, 11 in 21. Hopefully he can make the step up Similar to the two lads at Chelsea this past season.

Yes to the 2nd part of this. I look for him to see a lot of action for us in the coming season. Jürgen will want him to train with us again and as I say, there will be no shortage of opportunity through rotation, sub appearances and more than likely some enforced absences from the first choice front three. He won't be sitting idly.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #404: Jul 30, 2020 08:55:01 am

Nicely taken goal as well to lob the keeper. He seems to be able to score from any position.

Excited to see what Rhian can do here next season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #405: Jul 30, 2020 10:53:21 am
      Nicely taken goal as well to lob the keeper. He seems to be able to score from any position.

Excited to see what Rhian can do here next season.

At the very least he must be better than Origi, let give him some games in the first half of the season and see if he sinks or swims, if he sinks then send him out on loan again but I suspect he'll do very well for us. I also think Minamino will break though next season.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #406: Jul 30, 2020 01:21:05 pm
      Watched him with interest last night.

Didn't get a sniff first half and Brentford played very well. Improved second half - great finish to punish the defensive error. What caught my eye more than that was the link up play, he dropped off a bit and distributed the ball well. Good work rate (think he's crossed the line a bit a few times though before last night with the number of yellows he has!) as well.

Going to a difficult call whether we bring him back for depth up top or give him another season out on loan but there's a player in there for sure.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #407: Aug 01, 2020 03:55:35 am
      I think he needs to stay at the club next season if he wants to have a future here. Young players have a small window to make an impression at the top level. He shown he can score at the Championship level so having another season at the championship really I don't think further his chances and then he will fall in same category as Wilson, Gurjic, Ojo and Kent where just keep going on loan in the hope they impressed someone to pay what we value them at.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #408: Aug 01, 2020 04:31:52 am
      I think he needs to stay at the club next season if he wants to have a future here. Young players have a small window to make an impression at the top level. He shown he can score at the Championship level so having another season at the championship really I don't think further his chances and then he will fall in same category as Wilson, Gurjic, Ojo and Kent where just keep going on loan in the hope they impressed someone to pay what we value them at.

I agree, although I wouldnt be upset with him getting a loan to West Brom or Brentford/Fulham
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #409: Aug 01, 2020 10:02:52 am
      I disagree about him staying out on loan. Looking increasingly likely that there will be very little activity in the summer transfer market from what we read on social media.

He actually doesn't look to bad even though you can only compare with him playing against championship players. I'm pretty confident Klopp will be having him back at Melwood this year.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #410: Aug 01, 2020 10:25:55 am
      I agree, although I wouldnt be upset with him getting a loan to West Brom or Brentford/Fulham

If we're loaning him out I'm not sure about choosing one of them clubs. Difficult for a striker to make an impression at times in a promoted team as more often than not they'll be defensively set up and see little of the ball. Look at Abraham - went to Swansea when they were struggling and he didn't make an impact. A season at Villa in the Championship and then he came back and scored 15 league goals for Chelsea.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #411: Aug 01, 2020 10:54:04 am
      This lad is quality, not impressed with what i have seen so far from Minamino, i would have Brewster in the team ahead of him, hope Klopp gives him a chance to shine.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #412: Aug 01, 2020 07:18:30 pm
      He is either good enough or he isn't Greenwood never went out on loan did he and if he does go out on loan would rather it be premier league
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #413: Aug 01, 2020 11:02:35 pm
      Greenwood never went out on loan did he

That’s because his competition for a place in the team is Dan James.

Quick Reply