Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Community Shield] Sat 29th Aug @ 4:30 pm
      Wembley

Today is the 13th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D5 L2

Rhian Brewster Player Thread

Read 35464 times
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,548 posts | 2379 
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #400: Jul 27, 2020 06:19:57 pm
      Won the first play off leg 1-0 for swansea against Brentford last night.
      Could potentially leave a tasty south wales play off final if cardiff beat fulham!

Would love to see Brewster loaned back out for 1 more year to swansea if they get into the prem

yeah because its not like we desperately need more options in attack or anything!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,133 posts | 819 
      Reply #401: Jul 27, 2020 10:30:44 pm
      yeah because its not like we desperately need more options in attack or anything!!

If I could bet on it I'd put money he won't be at Swansea next year.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,211 posts | 1555 
      Reply #402: Jul 29, 2020 09:52:12 pm
      Another goal fir Brester tonight but the end of the road for Swansea. It’s a shame because had they come up the best move for him was probably another season there but this time in the premier league. He’s five well though, 11 in 21. Hopefully he can make the step up Similar to the two lads at Chelsea this past season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,734 posts | 1496 
      Reply #403: Jul 30, 2020 05:53:12 am
      Another goal fir Brester tonight but the end of the road for Swansea. It’s a shame because had they come up the best move for him was probably another season there but this time in the premier league. He’s five well though, 11 in 21. Hopefully he can make the step up Similar to the two lads at Chelsea this past season.

Yes to the 2nd part of this. I look for him to see a lot of action for us in the coming season. Jürgen will want him to train with us again and as I say, there will be no shortage of opportunity through rotation, sub appearances and more than likely some enforced absences from the first choice front three. He won't be sitting idly.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,335 posts | 1457 
      Reply #404: Jul 30, 2020 08:55:01 am

Nicely taken goal as well to lob the keeper. He seems to be able to score from any position.

Excited to see what Rhian can do here next season.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,548 posts | 2379 
      Reply #405: Jul 30, 2020 10:53:21 am
      Nicely taken goal as well to lob the keeper. He seems to be able to score from any position.

Excited to see what Rhian can do here next season.

At the very least he must be better than Origi, let give him some games in the first half of the season and see if he sinks or swims, if he sinks then send him out on loan again but I suspect he'll do very well for us. I also think Minamino will break though next season.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,314 posts | 1041 
      Reply #406: Jul 30, 2020 01:21:05 pm
      Watched him with interest last night.

Didn't get a sniff first half and Brentford played very well. Improved second half - great finish to punish the defensive error. What caught my eye more than that was the link up play, he dropped off a bit and distributed the ball well. Good work rate (think he's crossed the line a bit a few times though before last night with the number of yellows he has!) as well.

Going to a difficult call whether we bring him back for depth up top or give him another season out on loan but there's a player in there for sure.
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,099 posts | 117 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #407: Aug 01, 2020 03:55:35 am
      I think he needs to stay at the club next season if he wants to have a future here. Young players have a small window to make an impression at the top level. He shown he can score at the Championship level so having another season at the championship really I don't think further his chances and then he will fall in same category as Wilson, Gurjic, Ojo and Kent where just keep going on loan in the hope they impressed someone to pay what we value them at.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,078 posts | 328 
      Reply #408: Aug 01, 2020 04:31:52 am
      I think he needs to stay at the club next season if he wants to have a future here. Young players have a small window to make an impression at the top level. He shown he can score at the Championship level so having another season at the championship really I don't think further his chances and then he will fall in same category as Wilson, Gurjic, Ojo and Kent where just keep going on loan in the hope they impressed someone to pay what we value them at.

I agree, although I wouldnt be upset with him getting a loan to West Brom or Brentford/Fulham
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,133 posts | 819 
      Reply #409: Aug 01, 2020 10:02:52 am
      I disagree about him staying out on loan. Looking increasingly likely that there will be very little activity in the summer transfer market from what we read on social media.

He actually doesn't look to bad even though you can only compare with him playing against championship players. I'm pretty confident Klopp will be having him back at Melwood this year.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,314 posts | 1041 
      Reply #410: Aug 01, 2020 10:25:55 am
      I agree, although I wouldnt be upset with him getting a loan to West Brom or Brentford/Fulham

If we're loaning him out I'm not sure about choosing one of them clubs. Difficult for a striker to make an impression at times in a promoted team as more often than not they'll be defensively set up and see little of the ball. Look at Abraham - went to Swansea when they were struggling and he didn't make an impact. A season at Villa in the Championship and then he came back and scored 15 league goals for Chelsea.
      sebby
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts | 29 
      Reply #411: Aug 01, 2020 10:54:04 am
      This lad is quality, not impressed with what i have seen so far from Minamino, i would have Brewster in the team ahead of him, hope Klopp gives him a chance to shine.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,828 posts | 428 
      Reply #412: Aug 01, 2020 07:18:30 pm
      He is either good enough or he isn't Greenwood never went out on loan did he and if he does go out on loan would rather it be premier league
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,637 posts | 4537 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #413: Aug 01, 2020 11:02:35 pm
      Greenwood never went out on loan did he

That’s because his competition for a place in the team is Dan James.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,828 posts | 428 
      Reply #414: Aug 01, 2020 11:05:38 pm
      That’s because his competition for a place in the team is Dan James.

And Brewsters Competition is Origi
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,637 posts | 4537 
      Reply #415: Aug 01, 2020 11:07:13 pm

Yeah Origi who came into this season on the back of some massive goals. Oh and the added competition of Firmino.

There’s no comparison, Greenwood is battling with a Championship standard player (at best) whilst Brewster has the almighty task of trying to get ahead of Firmino.

It’s all well and good Brewster being able to take the place of Origi but then he’s still got a massive task on his hands to get on the pitch. Put Greenwood in our team and he’s got Salah for competition and he plays barely any football at all, he certainly wouldn’t have 50 games to his name like he has with the Mancs, he’d have been lucky to get 15 appearances and the discussion about him would be the same as what is being said about Brewster now and whether or not he should go out on loan.
      « Last Edit: Aug 01, 2020 11:12:57 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,828 posts | 428 
      Reply #416: Aug 01, 2020 11:14:30 pm
      Utd havent been short of forwards got shut of Sanchez and Lukaku knowing he would be given a go obviously liked what they saw and didnt need to loan
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,637 posts | 4537 
      Reply #417: Aug 01, 2020 11:19:41 pm
      Utd havent been short of forwards got shut of Sanchez and Lukaku knowing he would be given a go obviously liked what they saw and didnt need to loan

They got rid of Lukaku and Sanchez because they didn’t want to be there and because Ole didn’t want them there. Had nothing to do with Greenwood.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,828 posts | 428 
      Reply #418: Aug 01, 2020 11:22:19 pm
      They got rid of Lukaku and Sanchez because they didn’t want to be there and because Ole didn’t want them there. Had nothing to do with Greenwood.

Course it had something to do with it . Yes he might not have wanted them long term but he  wouldnt of got rid if he had nothing to come in and replace them and didnt fancy Greenwoid
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,637 posts | 4537 
      Reply #419: Aug 01, 2020 11:30:43 pm
      Course it had something to do with it . Yes he might not have wanted them long term but he  wouldnt of got rid if he had nothing to come in and replace them and didnt fancy Greenwoid

They were gotten rid of because it would have had a detrimental impact on the rest of the team had they stayed because of how badly they wanted out. It didn’t have anything to do with Greenwood, otherwise they wouldn’t have tried so hard to sign Dybala, who they were desperate to have as a replacement and would have gotten him had Dybala not changed his mind at the last minute.
      Greenwood barely played at all for the first half of the season apart from cup games, it was only when Dan James’ form really took a nose dive that he started getting more game time.

I know some people are desperate to try and compare Brewster and Greenwood but it’s not a comparison, they are in two totally different scenarios in terms of competition for a place in the team.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,828 posts | 428 
      Reply #420: Aug 01, 2020 11:37:01 pm
      It didn’t have anything to do with Greenwood, otherwise they wouldn’t have tried so hard to sign Dybala, who they were desperate to have as a replacement and would have gotten him had Dybala not changed his mind at the last minute.
      Greenwood barely played at all for the first half of the season apart from cup games, it was only when Dan James’ form really took a nose dive that he started getting more game time.

I know some people are desperate to try and compare Brewster and Greenwood but it’s not a comparison, they are in two totally different scenarios in terms of competition for a place in the team.

Not comparing him at all just saying that loaning out as in Willson and Gruciq sometimes can say different things either want to test them or raise their value . I hope he does make it I really do
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,548 posts | 2379 
      Reply #421: Aug 02, 2020 10:13:17 am
      They were gotten rid of because it would have had a detrimental impact on the rest of the team had they stayed because of how badly they wanted out. It didn’t have anything to do with Greenwood, otherwise they wouldn’t have tried so hard to sign Dybala, who they were desperate to have as a replacement and would have gotten him had Dybala not changed his mind at the last minute.

So in your opinion Greenwood and Brewster are the same level then?
      The reason Origi is no threat to Bobby, even when Bobby is in poor form is because Origi is crap.
      We Must get decent competition and back up for our forwards, if they are good enough you can start to rotate plus have options from the bench, what a crazy luxury, someone coming off the bench to change a game!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,637 posts | 4537 
      Reply #422: Aug 02, 2020 11:33:33 am
      So in your opinion Greenwood and Brewster are the same level then?

Been through this with you once recently, not doing it again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,939 posts | 4543 
      Reply #423: Aug 02, 2020 12:34:09 pm

It's got f**k all to do with that!

His competition should be Mane, Salah and Firmino FFS!!

He's still not ready to be lobbed in to start a Premier League game up front for us after watching that Brentford/Swansea play off semis.

I couldn't give a f**k what Utd do, we're not in the same boat as them we don't have to rush throwing younger players in to hide the fact we've had a sh*t season.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,828 posts | 428 
      Reply #424: Aug 02, 2020 01:34:53 pm
      It's got f**k all to do with that!

His competition should be Mane, Salah and Firmino FFS!!

He's still not ready to be lobbed in to start a Premier League game up front for us after watching that Brentford/Swansea play off semis.

I couldn't give a f**k what Utd do, we're not in the same boat as them we don't have to rush throwing younger players in to hide the fact we've had a sh*t season.
      I was replying to competition faced to get on the bench fairly f**king obvious he has the front 3 as competition and rushing players ? You mean like we did with Owen ? Why was he thrown in

Quick Reply