Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)

Read 85016 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #437: Aug 30, 2020 02:47:37 pm
      Appreciate Jürgen's words here re Rhian's missed penalty vs. Arsenal:

"I rarely join or share my football experiences with the boys because it was too long ago. But I’m not the only one who missed a penalty in my life in the team, so the boys pick him up. It’s not about me making it bigger than it is. He missed a penalty, we had a few words directly when he left the pitch, that’s all fine. Nothing to apologise for or whatever. That’s football, no problem. If we wanted to win the game then we should have scored during the 92 minutes, we didn’t do that often enough and that’s why it came to a penalty shootout. It’s a lottery, we know that. It’s not about who is the best, it’s just you have to score and we did that four times really well. And this penalty was not the worst I ever saw, it was just a little bit too high. There was absolutely no chance for the goalie, it was just too high. That’s why it happened how it happened."

He also mentioned he's never seen him miss one before.
      Brewster is a rock! I'm not worried about him. He seemed destroyed after missing the penalty but any player would look like that. This kid just 20 and has already overcome a fractured foot followed by ankle surgery and came back stronger than before to the point where we want him in the team. And you know what? He's got the best coach (and motivator) in the world backing him as well as a fantastic tightly knit squad behind him. This is the type of sh*t that build your character as a player. Best it happens during the Community Shield (the trophy everybody calls a friendly when they lose it).

He's going to play, with us or on loan, and he is going to score a bunch of goals. End of story.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #438: Aug 30, 2020 07:53:39 pm
      Brewster is a rock! I'm not worried about him. He seemed destroyed after missing the penalty but any player would look like that. This kid just 20 and has already overcome a fractured foot followed by ankle surgery and came back stronger than before to the point where we want him in the team. And you know what? He's got the best coach (and motivator) in the world backing him as well as a fantastic tightly knit squad behind him. This is the type of sh*t that build your character as a player. Best it happens during the Community Shield (the trophy everybody calls a friendly when they lose it).

He's going to play, with us or on loan, and he is going to score a bunch of goals. End of story.

Agree. I really hope he stays this season. I think he can make a major contribution.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #439: Aug 30, 2020 08:31:28 pm
      He seemed destroyed after missing the penalty but any player would look like that

He should never have been in that position to begin with, he had only been on the pitch for about 45 seconds and hadn’t even had a single touch. He didn’t look confident walking up and his run up gave it away instantly that he was going to miss IMO. Fair play for stepping up but it should have been Mané, Virgil etc before him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #440: Aug 31, 2020 01:03:49 am
      Jürgen took the blame, Brewster will be ok. It happens and I’m sure he will learn from it.
      Kopite78
      Reply #441: Aug 31, 2020 08:20:25 am
      Jürgen took the blame, Brewster will be ok. It happens and I’m sure he will learn from it.

Brewster will be absolutely fine, these kids dont dont from confidence

If the same situation was again today, hed put himself forward to take one again

sh*t happens

As for Jürgen taking the blame, that's just PR and him standing up, no blame on anyone, Rhian obviously felt confident and wanted it
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #442: Sep 02, 2020 03:56:23 pm
      Id like brewster to stay, probably lots of game time this season, Games are coming thick and fast, lots of rotation. December alone has 6 league games lined up, probably 2 champions league games and possibly league cup game\games.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #443: Sep 02, 2020 11:15:09 pm
      Id like brewster to stay, probably lots of game time this season, Games are coming thick and fast, lots of rotation. December alone has 6 league games lined up, probably 2 champions league games and possibly league cup game\games.

He at least should stay until the January window, as with last season. If he isn't getting many games then it would make sense to loan him, but he looks to me to be on an upward trajectory (and missing a penalty last weekend after not playing in regular time won't impact Jürgen's decision in the slightest).
      « Last Edit: Sep 03, 2020 01:08:46 pm by Robby The Z »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #444: Sep 03, 2020 08:37:57 am
      He at least should stay until the January window, as with last season. If he isn't getting many games then it would make sense to loan him, but he looks to me to be on an upward trajectory (and missing a penalty last weekend after not playing in regular time won't impact Jürgen's decision in the slightest.

Agreed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #445: Sep 03, 2020 08:54:16 am
      He at least should stay until the January window, as with last season. If he isn't getting many games then it would make sense to loan him, but he looks to me to be on an upward trajectory (and missing a penalty last weekend after not playing in regular time won't impact Jürgen's decision in the slightest.

On current form he is certainly a better backup than Origi and if Mo continues with his poor form then I'd seriously consider starting Rhian or Taki instead of him.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #446: Sep 03, 2020 11:33:14 am
      On current form he is certainly a better backup than Origi and if Mo continues with his poor form then I'd seriously consider starting Rhian or Taki instead of him.

totally agree and if Jürgen klopp has one more performance like the charity shield I would seriously consider bring back woy for him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #447: Sep 03, 2020 12:45:15 pm
      No brainer, no loan dealer, staying...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #448: Sep 03, 2020 01:24:53 pm
      totally agree and if Jürgen klopp has one more performance like the charity shield I would seriously consider bring back woy for him.

You'd replace Jürgen with Roy Hodgson, why?
      Kopite78
      Reply #449: Sep 03, 2020 02:05:57 pm
      You'd replace Jürgen with Roy Hodgson, why?

I think he was being sarcastic because of your ludicrous Mo shout 🤷‍♂️
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #450: Sep 03, 2020 02:07:33 pm
      You two above  :roll: :roll: :roll:  Stop WUMMING  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #451: Sep 03, 2020 06:14:47 pm

You still pining for Big Ron's Long Leather ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #452: Sep 03, 2020 08:13:52 pm
      You still pining for Big Ron's Long Leather ;)

He's pretty good Wumming some of you lads up anyway.  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #453: Sep 04, 2020 08:15:02 am
      He's pretty good Wumming some of you lads up anyway.  ;D

Can you define what you mean by wumming? I very very rarely deliberately try to wind anyone up, unless they are being a pr**k to me first. Of course the mere fact that I post on here is provocation to some, but I can't really help that can I?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #454: Sep 04, 2020 08:29:53 am
      Can you define what you mean by wumming? I very very rarely deliberately try to wind anyone up, unless they are being a pr**k to me first. Of course the mere fact that I post on here is provocation to some, but I can't really help that can I?

Can I define Wumming? ....... No  ;D  You've been excused enough times you should be able to tell me. Isn't it your favourite subject/topic  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #455: Sep 04, 2020 11:55:25 am
      Can I define Wumming? ....... No  ;D  You've been excused enough times you should be able to tell me. Isn't it your favourite subject/topic  ;D

Well if you can't define it, stop accusing me of it, is that fair enough?

I would say wumming is deliberately changing your opinion to cause arguments and setting out specifically to irritate or abuse people.  Does that really sound like me?
      I may go against the grain quite often on here and robustly defend my position/argument, but how often do I change my opinion, abuse anyone or hound someone throughout several threads, warning other people not to talk to them etc. I've had that happen to me several times, but I can't recall ever doing it to others.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #456: Sep 04, 2020 01:30:28 pm
      Well if you can't define it, stop accusing me of it, is that fair enough?

I would say wumming is deliberately changing your opinion to cause arguments and setting out specifically to irritate or abuse people.  Does that really sound like me?
      I may go against the grain quite often on here and robustly defend my position/argument, but how often do I change my opinion, abuse anyone or hound someone throughout several threads, warning other people not to talk to them etc. I've had that happen to me several times, but I can't recall ever doing it to others.

Going against the grain will do.  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #457: Sep 04, 2020 01:34:34 pm

So holding a different opinion, presumably to yourself, a manc, on a forum is considered Wumming, good grief!!! Perhaps its time you toddle back off to Red Cafe my friend
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #458: Sep 04, 2020 01:41:41 pm
      So holding a different opinion, presumably to yourself, a manc, on a forum is considered Wumming, good grief!!! Perhaps its time you toddle back off to Red Cafe my friend

Ive never considered joining another forum apart from your own team Wumming. Nor do moderators as its in the  ( TDs ) any member can join. It's only what you say!!! Will deter if your a wum or not.

Based on that you can decide if I'm a wum in your book.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Sep 04, 2020 01:58:57 pm by Keith Singleton »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #459: Sep 04, 2020 01:44:54 pm
      Ive never considered joining another forum apart form your own team Wumming. Nor do moderators as its in the  ( TDs ) any mom ember can join. It's only what you say!!! Will deter if your a wum or not.

Based on that you can decide if I'm a wum in your book.  ;D

Sorry but ???

Quick Reply