Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)

Read 85023 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #483: Sep 10, 2020 06:01:52 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #484: Sep 11, 2020 03:27:21 am
      Gutted if he gets sent out on loan or even sold, it's his time to shine with us!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #485: Sep 11, 2020 08:49:31 am
      Agreed mate.

Obviously if Jürgen feels he doesn't fit then fair enough, who am I to disagree with Jürgen but, and this will be considered sacrilege by some, if it's one out, one in, then I'd rather lose big Div I'm afraid.

A scorer of highly memorable, legendary goals at massive times for us but in general play he disappoints way too much and conversely Rhians general play looks to have the potential to be way above Div, soz Div.

If it's not one out, one in, then keep both of the little shits, it's not my f**king budget. 😁

I'd be surprised and dissapointed if Rhian is loaned out or sold, how Origi still has a place in our team is a huge mystery to me.
      Kopite78
      Reply #486: Sep 11, 2020 09:08:20 am
      how Origi still has a place in our team is a huge mystery to me.

Works hard
      Ability to get key goals
      Slots into the system seamlessly without having to change approach
      Brilliant attitude and popular member of squad which Jürgen puts a hell of a lot of belief in

As for Rhian, I'd also be surprised if he goes but I honestly dont see us selling him
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #487: Sep 11, 2020 09:40:46 am
      Works hard
      Ability to get key goals
      Slots into the system seamlessly without having to change approach
      Brilliant attitude and popular member of squad which Jürgen puts a hell of a lot of belief in

As for Rhian, I'd also be surprised if he goes but I honestly dont see us selling him

I'll be the first to salute Origi for some very key goals he has scored but hand on heart are you ever excited when you see Origi come off the bench in a game, do you think, wow now things are gonna happen?
      I want game changers sat on the bench, but these days if our starting XI don't play well then we are a bit fu**ed, certainly in terms of attack.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #488: Sep 12, 2020 12:08:34 am
      Agreed mate.

Obviously if Jürgen feels he doesn't fit then fair enough, who am I to disagree with Jürgen but, and this will be considered sacrilege by some, if it's one out, one in, then I'd rather lose big Div I'm afraid.

A scorer of highly memorable, legendary goals at massive times for us but in general play he disappoints way too much and conversely Rhians general play looks to have the potential to be way above Div, soz Div.

If it's not one out, one in, then keep both of the little shits, it's not my f**king budget. 😁

Agreed bud.

Wish it didn't have to be a choice though but thems' the times we are in.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #489: Sep 12, 2020 04:49:56 am
      Origi can play multiple positions. Rhian is an old school inside the box number 9. I hope he works, but he doesn't seem to make a lot of sense outside of the 4-2-3-1
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #490: Sep 12, 2020 04:01:43 pm

Yes he can, but to what affect? He played 42 games last season, in a few different positions and managed 6 goals and 4 assists.

The season before he played 22 games with 8 goals and 2 assists.

Origi can play different positions but the return of him doing so is minimal and doesn’t suggest he’s a particularly good option. Obviously the year before he got some vital goals and that’s probably what he will feed off now for the remainder of his career because it’s not something I can see him being able to repeat. And again, his vital goals like against Everton, Barca etc, they were in and around the 6 yard box, a position you would expect to find Brewster.

Origi was given more game time last season based on the season before but he didn’t show anything to suggest he’s worth keeping and playing ahead of Brewster who is an unknown quantity on the whole.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #491: Sep 13, 2020 09:31:18 pm
      Think the "in the box 9" will be needed in games this season so cant understand the talk of selling him. Unless things are going on that we wouldnt be aware of.

Think if he stays hell be important over the course of the season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #492: Sep 14, 2020 10:38:00 am
      Think the "in the box 9" will be needed in games this season so cant understand the talk of selling him. Unless things are going on that we wouldnt be aware of.

Think if he stays hell be important over the course of the season.

I'd play him or Minamino instead of Bobby, who is still in shocking form, ok might mean a tweak to the formation but so be it, we can't keep carrying Bobby game after game.
      Kopite78
      Reply #493: Sep 14, 2020 10:39:06 am
      I'd play him or Minamino instead of Bobby, who is still in shocking form, ok might mean a tweak to the formation but so be it, we can't keep carrying Bobby game after game.

Ask Mo or Mane if we carry Bobby, he is essential to how they operate

I'd imagine they'd laugh in your face
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #494: Sep 14, 2020 10:57:39 am
      Ask Mo or Mane if we carry Bobby, he is essential to how they operate

I'd imagine they'd laugh in your face

So they need someone who doesn't score goals, gets caught in possession and misplaces passes, how odd.   BTW I'm not debating that Bobby is not a crucial player for us WHEN he is playing well, but when he is playing garbage like he has done recently, then there must be other options.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #495: Sep 14, 2020 11:49:54 am
      So they need someone who doesn't score goals, gets caught in possession and misplaces passes, how odd.   BTW I'm not debating that Bobby is not a crucial player for us WHEN he is playing well, but when he is playing garbage like he has done recently, then there must be other options.

I'd say Bobbys contribution off the ball is just as, if not more important than his on the ball stuff. If he's having a bad day with his touch and passing, he'll still be unrelenting with his pressing and running into areas that create space for Mo and Mane.
      Bobbys issue is he is too football smart for most of us to even understand the importance of what he is doing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #496: Sep 14, 2020 01:27:32 pm
      I'd say Bobbys contribution off the ball is just as, if not more important than his on the ball stuff. If he's having a bad day with his touch and passing, he'll still be unrelenting with his pressing and running into areas that create space for Mo and Mane.
      Bobbys issue is he is too football smart for most of us to even understand the importance of what he is doing.

;D, what nonsense, Bobby is capable of having a bad day just like everyone or are you seriously suggesting that even on a sh*t day he's brilliant???
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #497: Sep 14, 2020 04:39:33 pm

Apparently, Chris Wilder really wants Brewster on loan for the season and made a ''detailed pitch'' to try and convince Klopp that it's the right destination for Brewster.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #498: Sep 14, 2020 06:20:13 pm

Apparently, Chris Wilder really wants Brewster on loan for the season and made a ''detailed pitch'' to try and convince Klopp that it's the right destination for Brewster.

Based on the opening 20minutes of their game, I think Brewster might be better off going on loan elsewhere!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #499: Sep 16, 2020 12:03:58 pm
      Reports we have agreed a free with Sheffield for Rhian on a permanent switch with a buy back clause.

Could be bullshit and I hope it is if we're not in the market for a back up forward.

Another season with Origi and Shaqiri as back ups worries me.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #500: Sep 16, 2020 01:38:02 pm
      Reports we have agreed a free with Sheffield for Rhian on a permanent switch with a buy back clause.

Could be bullshit and I hope it is if we're not in the market for a back up forward.

I just cannot see the sense in that, especially with Bobby's poor form lately, why not have as many options as possible?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #501: Sep 16, 2020 11:59:29 pm

Yeah reading the same this morning. So we have to sell Rhian just to make sure we have some money to spend...for fucks sake. Thought JWH was a
      Billionaire. That really annoys me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #502: Sep 17, 2020 06:33:37 pm

Origi yes, Shaqiri no if he can stay fit. I think Shaqiri offers much more of a threat to the opposition coming into the team than what Origi does.

But to sell Brewster would be strange, especially when we fought so hard to keep him 2 years ago. Rather he stayed and we didn't even loan him out, I'd much rather see Origi sold. Origi has reached his ceiling and wont get any better, we know he's not a reliable goal threat and to me it makes a lot more sense to go with Brewster at this stage.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #503: Sep 17, 2020 06:41:35 pm
      Origi yes, Shaqiri no if he can stay fit. I think Shaqiri offers much more of a threat to the opposition coming into the team than what Origi does.

But to sell Brewster would be strange, especially when we fought so hard to keep him 2 years ago. Rather he stayed and we didn't even loan him out, I'd much rather see Origi sold. Origi has reached his ceiling and wont get any better, we know he's not a reliable goal threat and to me it makes a lot more sense to go with Brewster at this stage.

What was the reason we almost lost him a couple years ago? vaguely remember it was around wanting a path to the first team?

If Brewster's ambitions, or expectations, are that he should be getting a lot of game time on the first team then would not surprise if he is pushing for a move out. He, and everyone, knows he is not replacing Firmino in the starting lineup who also very durable and starts most games.

I imagine a loan is more likely where he can get regular starting time in a bottom-half PL team.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #504: Sep 17, 2020 07:09:46 pm
      What was the reason we almost lost him a couple years ago? vaguely remember it was around wanting a path to the first team?

Some German team was pushing hard to try and sign him with his contract expiring. Think it was Monchengladbach but can’t remember for sure. Think we managed to get him to sign a new deal with the expectation of having him as part of the first team.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #505: Sep 17, 2020 07:30:05 pm
      I can’t imagine for a minute Rhian would want to leave when he’s so close to breaking through, for me he’s above Origi at the moment and being younger with more hunger it’s only a matter of time until we see him at least on the bench, it could be that he needs to work a bit harder and give Jürgen no choice, Origi can do the business when asked but, he doesn’t get asked often enough so it’s difficult for him to produce his best when he only has 10 minutes, catch 22 for him I guess,

If push came to shove I’d gamble by selling/offer Origi to Blades and keep Rhian here, there is no doubt the lad has an eye for goal, and imo be a better fit up top than Origi, when Origi is used he’s usually out left side and has less impact on the game, but Brewster thru the middle would, Salah, Mane, Bobby could easily adapt their game to accommodate Brewster.

I know Divock has gotten us important goals last few seasons, but I just think Brewster would smash it if he got regular playing time .

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply