Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)

Read 85015 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: Rhian Brewster Player Thread
      Reply #529: Oct 03, 2020 07:35:16 am
      I understand Firmino's role in the side,but he is not a natural goal scorer,he managed 9 goals in 38 games last season, how many goals would a prime Ian rush,or Robbie fowler have got,playing alongside Mane and Salah ? just wish Brewster was given more chances in the 1st team playing alongside Mane and Salah,of course it is good business for the club,to get that kind of money for such a young player, just feel we have been a bit hasty in letting him go.
      You’re looking at it the wrong way. What you’ve got to ask yourself is how many goals would ManĂ© and Salah have alongside these players you mention or, more to the point, how many would all 3 have collectively? You think Sadio and Mo would be able operate in the same positions with an out and out striker in the team? You think they would score as many goals without Bobby harassing the opposition and helping to win the ball high up the field, creating chances?

Look I’m not saying Firmino is god’s gift but I am aware of what he brings to the team and understand that any goals we would gain from an out and out striker, we would likely lose from our two “wide men”. He has faults yes but he is such a massive part of what makes this team successful.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #530: Oct 03, 2020 07:52:31 am
      You’re looking at it the wrong way. What you’ve got to ask yourself is how many goals would ManĂ© and Salah have alongside these players you mention or, more to the point, how many would all 3 have collectively? You think Sadio and Mo would be able operate in the same positions with an out and out striker in the team? You think they would score as many goals without Bobby harassing the opposition and helping to win the ball high up the field, creating chances?

Look I’m not saying Firmino is god’s gift but I am aware of what he brings to the team and understand that any goals we would gain from an out and out striker, we would likely lose from our two “wide men”. He has faults yes but he is such a massive part of what makes this team successful.

This is true but I always remember him more of a goal threat in recent years blasting some in from all angles rarely threatens at all now
      Kopite78
      Reply #531: Oct 03, 2020 08:17:33 am

Nail
      Head
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #532: Oct 03, 2020 08:58:30 am
      Good luck to the lad. Only way he goes on to be a successful player is game time, something he wouldn't get here.
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #533: Oct 03, 2020 10:21:46 am
      I wish nothing but the very best for Rhian, he comes across as a really nice lad and deserves his chance to reach his full potential. That seemingly was not going to happen here, so he had no choice but to move somewhere he would get more game time. Is it a mistake, only time will tell but at least we have 3 years in the buy back clause to find out. Score loads of goals Rhian, just none against us!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #534: Oct 04, 2020 10:39:17 am
      Brilliant move for all involved.

Hopefully he comes back to us in a few years the finished article. :-)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #535: Oct 04, 2020 10:40:58 am

100% correct. does my nut folk digging at bobbi, the goals the other guys score are very often setup dirrectly or indirrectly via bobbi.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #536: Oct 04, 2020 09:26:26 pm
      Seeing Bobby struggle week in week out to hit a barn door and we let a natural goal scorers leave!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #537: Oct 04, 2020 09:28:11 pm
      Seeing Bobby struggle week in week out to hit a barn door and we let a natural goal scorers leave!

Yup f**king baffling but I guess Klopp has blind favouritism towards certain players in the squad.
      « Last Edit: Oct 04, 2020 09:52:08 pm by bazspeedman »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #538: Oct 04, 2020 09:51:24 pm

Yep, was thinking the same and even with the buy back clause, he ain’t coming back, they never do.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #539: Oct 04, 2020 09:55:05 pm
      Yep, was thinking the same and even with the buy back clause, he ain’t coming back, they never do.

Watch Rhian go on a tear at Sheffield.

While Bobby continues his search for that elusive first league goal.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #540: Oct 04, 2020 10:00:17 pm
      Watch Rhian go on a tear at Sheffield.

While Bobby continues his search for that elusive first league goal.

Yep you can see it coming a mile away.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Rhian Brewster (Liverpool -> Sheffield United)
      Reply #541: Oct 17, 2020 11:31:56 am
      What a c**t
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #542: Oct 17, 2020 11:41:23 am
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #543: Oct 17, 2020 12:22:23 pm

False alarm, story doing the rounds that he intentionally injured a fellow Liverpool player in training but irs not him at all, had ee a lad Brewitt on the books? Its him appatently that took out his team mate

Apologies to Brewster
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #544: Oct 18, 2020 04:00:41 pm
      Looks like he came in as a sub in today's game. Anyone see how he looked? think it was his first game time with SU.
      Kopite78
      Reply #545: Oct 18, 2020 05:17:26 pm
      Looks like he came in as a sub in today's game. Anyone see how he looked? think it was his first game time with SU.

For ÂŁ15?

I doubt even his mum paid that to watch it let alone any of us
      « Last Edit: Oct 18, 2020 09:59:28 pm by Kopite78 »
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #546: Oct 18, 2020 08:02:20 pm

Was largely anonymous, but not his fault at all. Don't think he made the right choice going to Sheffield, it'll be hard for him to properly develop there if Wilder insists on playing this system. Just don't create enough chances and they lack creative players.

Just to make sure, didn't pay ÂŁ15 to watch it, we get to watch literally every Premier League game here in Belgium. It's criminal how you UK people can't even watch your own league without having to pay silly amounts like that.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #547: Oct 19, 2020 01:42:13 pm
      Was largely anonymous, but not his fault at all. Don't think he made the right choice going to Sheffield, it'll be hard for him to properly develop there if Wilder insists on playing this system. Just don't create enough chances and they lack creative players.

Just to make sure, didn't pay ÂŁ15 to watch it, we get to watch literally every Premier League game here in Belgium. It's criminal how you UK people can't even watch your own league without having to pay silly amounts like that.

I'm in the US so i get every PL game as well via NBC. Crazy in the UK they have to pay for each game.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #548: Dec 28, 2020 07:09:44 am
      Man has Rhian become an expensive defensive player for a team going nowhere. Seems he rarely gets the ball with this team.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #549: Apr 17, 2021 09:44:54 pm
      Could be relegated tonight, hasn't scored one goal yet for Sheffield United.

How did we get so much for him is beyond me. Feel for him though.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #550: Apr 17, 2021 09:57:09 pm
      We did really well financially out of him, and Solanke the year before. Solanke seems to be doing a bit better this year in the 2nd division - hopefully be the same for Rhian. Both of them may still end up good strikers, but I think we got ÂŁ20m each? purely on their promise. FSG can knock it off the loss we will make on Keita and Ox.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #551: May 01, 2021 10:52:19 pm
      THink he was in the England team with Foden and thought off very highly, His injury really did set him back he is young enough to find his way back but he is going to have to focus on nothing but football which is difficult for a rich young man

Quick Reply