Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Saints?

Loris Karius
      39 (48.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      24 (30%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.3%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (6.3%)
      James Milner
      3 (3.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      5 (6.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (2.5%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: Jan 29, 2017 09:58:07 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35442 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion 😥
      Reply #759: Jan 27, 2017 01:16:30 pm
      I thought so.
      The lad clearly stuck his arm out, and was starting to bring it back in when the ball hit him, but if one of the criteria is a "natural position" then it was a clear pen for me.
      It wasn't that different from the one given against Mane, except the ball hit him further up the arm.

I think you're right about the ref as well, but at the end of the day, we had our chances and didn't take them.
      We really didn't play badly, but as usual with this run, we couldn't finish anything.

Yeah it probably was a penalty, but one of those grey areas top of arm/shoulder things so can perfectly understand it not being given. I would say that they had as many chances as us, especially in the first half. The bottom line is we didn't do enough to win the game and it wasn't just a case of not scoring, which Klopp said, we quite simply didn't play well enough over 2 legs to deserve to progress.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion 😥
      Reply #760: Jan 27, 2017 01:17:27 pm
      I haven't watched the game back,.only at the game itself

Can anyone tell me out of interest cause I've not seen it, the 'penalty' second half that Klopp was going mad about...
      Was it one?

Not that it matters now but just interested.  I thought the ref was awful for what it's worth

Yes mate, 100%

It was from the left edge of the area, just outside if I recall and then the ball travelled to somewhere near the penalty spot (basically a good distance), Shane long shoves his arm out and it hits the outside of his upper arm. No question there was intent, no question he moved his arm towards the ball from a distance where he could react.

Absolute stone wall, even if it would have been considered a soft one.

I think you're right about the ref as well, but at the end of the day, we had our chances and didn't take them.
      We really didn't play badly, but as usual with this run, we couldn't finish anything.

This sums it up short and sweet for me.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #761: Jan 28, 2017 06:09:02 pm
      You know that team that we have played 3 times and not look like scoring ?

They are getting stuffed at home by arsenal - making it look very easy
      MsGerrard
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #762: Jan 30, 2017 02:07:02 pm
      Anyone at the game last night?...In the new Main stand?
      I heard it was absolutely freezing to the point of near frostbite in that swirling easterly blast.
      There was a bloke sat next to Kenny in the directors box who looked like some sumo bodyguard wrapped in a red fleece blanket freezing his tits off..

Just thought i'd ask as the new Main stand is so open and it was really cold and windy last night during the game.
      well it looked that way on the telly...

Yes I was in the new main stand not far from the directors box actually, and it was as bitter as the evertonians are, in fact during the second half i was literally shivering in the cold wind that was biting....didn't resort to a bloody pink blanket though like that blokie sitting next to Kenny....what a bloody fanny he was  :mad: the football didn't exactly warm us up either, not a good night and not a good week at all  :(

Quick Reply