Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Summer Outgoings 2017

Read 10534 times
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Re: Summer Outgoings 2017
      Reply #46: Feb 04, 2017 05:02:37 pm
      Mignolet
      Moreno
      Lucas
      Sturridge
      Klavan
      Manninger
      Can
      Randall
      Markovic
      Sakho
      Probably missing a few as well.

I've had enough of this lot.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #47: Feb 04, 2017 05:20:21 pm
      Mignolet
      Moreno
      Lucas
      Sturridge
      Klavan
      Manninger
      Can
      Randall
      Markovic
      Sakho

Not even St Peter has a list that long. Terrifying yet indicative of our problems.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #48: Feb 04, 2017 05:24:14 pm
      Not even St Peter has a list that long. Terrifying yet indicative of our problems.

And it reads the same every season.

Good jesus!
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #49: Feb 04, 2017 06:04:16 pm

That's because for the longest time, we have kept buying average players who would look great every now and then but back to being rubbish for the rest of the season. As supporters we try our best to support our own players and that includes forgetting all their past mistakes as soon as they start hitting a good run of games. That's why we keep finding it tough to get rid of the likes of Mignolet or Lucas (or Skrtel or Johnson and the list goes on). With time our standards on player quality have dropped drastically and now most of us would be satisfied with players from other mid-table PL teams.

Coutinho is by far our best player and even he only plays well for half a season or so.

This runs deeper than players or manager. It's all about $$$$ even if everyone tells you otherwise.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #50: Feb 04, 2017 06:06:50 pm
      OUT:
      FSG

IN:
      Chinese investment firm

Yeah, I'm pretty much fed up.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #51: Feb 04, 2017 06:16:04 pm
      Good for you Harry. 😎 👍

Although here's an observation, for anyone  too thick to comprehend: we definitely wouldn't be looking to the summer (and to be getting rid of players), in January, if we were 13 points clear at the top.  :laugh:

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #52: Feb 04, 2017 06:18:15 pm
      Mignolet
      Moreno
      Lucas
      Sturridge
      Klavan
      Manninger
      Can
      Randall
      Markovic
      Sakho

Pretty damping list but right

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 913 
      Reply #53: Feb 04, 2017 06:19:38 pm
      Good for you Harry. 😎 👍

Although here's an observation, for anyone  too thick to comprehend: we definitely wouldn't be look to the summer (and to be getting rid of players) if we were 13 points clear at the top.  :laugh:

But surely the points is we aren't 13 points clear
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #54: Feb 04, 2017 06:29:44 pm
      Suddenly everyones sh*t ;D
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 913 
      Reply #55: Feb 04, 2017 06:32:20 pm
      Mignolet
      Moreno
      Sturridge

Simply because they are not first teamers, and when they do start, they show why they are not. And don't try to feed my that "Sturridge is world class sh*te" he used to be, now, nope.

Can
      Lovren

I hear the squad player thing, but no, it doesn't wash with me. Far too inconsistent to be of use to anyone. I remember the Palace match when Lovren got a goal, and he was loved, but his feck up cost us one to start with. Thank you no, too much of this.

Lucas

He scored against Plymouth, his first goal for SEVEN years! Has played a good couple of games in defence, but like Lovren, fecks up too many times and costs us games.

Get rid of them and we have already set the standards. We want success, we DEMAND it, these players are costing us.

As a plus, get rid of these and it gives us a better idea of who we need to replace them.

Valid points but what has been done in the transfer window.....didly squat
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #56: Feb 04, 2017 06:34:17 pm
      What Jürgen wants:

Julian Brandt
      Mahmoud Dahoud

What FSG will get:

Nathan Redmond
      Lee Cattermole
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #57: Feb 04, 2017 06:36:34 pm

But surely the points is we aren't 13 points clear

Er...erm... right... I'm pretty sure that's what I (clearly) inferred buddy and why most sane folk have "written the season" off.  ;D

Obviously not that clearly, says you; eh?   :lmao:
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #58: Feb 06, 2017 03:19:00 am
      What Jürgen wants:

Julian Brandt
      Mahmoud Dahoud

What FSG will get:

Nathan Redmond
      Lee Cattermole

How dare u besmirch the honorable Lee Cattermole  :lmao:
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #59: Feb 06, 2017 07:29:16 am
      What Jürgen wants:

Julian Brandt
      Mahmoud Dahoud

What FSG will get:

Nathan Redmond
      Lee Cattermole
      Sad thing is Cattermole would add more fight and leadership than we have, and Redmond has pace and can run with the ball, and could Probably do with both right now, sad times
      7DocUnleashed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 10 
      Reply #60: Feb 06, 2017 12:18:34 pm
      In:
      A World class number 1 GK
      A LB who can challenge Milner
      World Class CB
      A Powerful forward looking and thinking CMF
      A quick Poacher Striker
      A Target man for a Plan B

Out:
      Mignolet – Not good enough
      Sakho – burned his bridges
      Lucas – better days behind him
      Moreno – can’t defend
      Sturridge – with his injuries he can’t be relied on.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #61: Feb 06, 2017 12:30:44 pm
      In:
      A World class number 1 GK
      A LB who can challenge Milner
      World Class CB
      A Powerful forward looking and thinking CMF
      A quick Poacher Striker
      A Target man for a Plan B

Out:
      Mignolet – Not good enough
      Sakho – burned his bridges
      Lucas – better days behind him
      Moreno – can’t defend
      Sturridge – with his injuries he can’t be relied on.

Would add the following to outgoings:

Can - rubbish
      Klavan - not good enough
      Bogdan - rubbish
      Manninger - why did we even sign him?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #62: Feb 06, 2017 01:42:48 pm
      We are threadbare to consider any OUTs, nevertheless to offset our expenditure, to find players that suit Jürgen's high pressing style and lose some shitty ones, I think we can safely say Sakho (£15m), Sturridge (£35m), Moreno (£10m), Lucas (Free), Markovic (Free) are definitely going. Flano, Bogdan, Randall, Wisdom would leave for peanuts. I, and everybody here, wouldnt mind letting go one of the crappy GKs. Mignolet is mostly like to warrant a higher fee, probably close to £10m if we are lucky. So that's 10 right there!

We are IN for a huge turnover this summer, especially if the said 10 departures happen. I know the topic said no discussion on potential INs, so I would just stop at saying what we might be needing.

Top Class GK
      Center Back
      Left Back
      Central Midfielder
      Attacking Midfielder
      Winger
      Versatile Striker

But I have no hope pinned on the above list, cos there is no way we are spending 150 to 200 million in one window! Ah, tough times!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #63: Feb 06, 2017 04:09:24 pm
      With each match it seems the more functional thread would be started with a question of who would you KEEP.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #64: Feb 06, 2017 06:46:58 pm
      With each match it seems the more functional thread would be started with a question of who would you KEEP.

I'd say with the possible exception of Migs our regular starting 11 will and should stay mate.  Sure we need some of them upgrading, GK, LB, CB and maybe a proper striker if Jürgen decides to go back to a 4231 set up. 

I know people are unhappy with the squad and think it's threadbare already therefore we should only be adding to what we have rather than clearing out and starting again but if those players aren't reliable, consistent or good enough then what's the point.  Most of the players I listed barely play and when they do they get slated for being sh*t.

We've had years of buying on a haphazard, scattergun approach to suit 4 different managers, last season Jürgen decided who he felt he could work with and who needed to go, this summer will be no different but then I expect things to settle down somewhat.  That doesn't mean that I believe the squad will be complete but that the mass overhauls won't be so drastic.

Every squad evolves over time but we're at least 1 more summer off just adding 2 or 3 players to ours.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #65: Feb 06, 2017 07:09:45 pm
      I'd say with the possible exception of Migs our regular starting 11 will and should stay mate.  Sure we need some of them upgrading, GK, LB, CB and maybe a proper striker if Jürgen decides to go back to a 4231 set up. 

I know people are unhappy with the squad and think it's threadbare already therefore we should only be adding to what we have rather than clearing out and starting again but if those players aren't reliable, consistent or good enough then what's the point.  Most of the players I listed barely play and when they do they get slated for being sh*t.

We've had years of buying on a haphazard, scattergun approach to suit 4 different managers, last season Jürgen decided who he felt he could work with and who needed to go, this summer will be no different but then I expect things to settle down somewhat.  That doesn't mean that I believe the squad will be complete but that the mass overhauls won't be so drastic.

Every squad evolves over time but we're at least 1 more summer off just adding 2 or 3 players to ours.

I'd broadly agree with this, the majority of them would be useful in the squad but almost every single position in our team needs to be upgraded if we are to seriously challenge in the prem, let alone in Europe. A couple of caveats though, these players can all go at the end of the season, Migs, Can, Lucas, Moreno, they are not even useful as backup and certainly not as part of a first XI.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #66: Feb 06, 2017 07:15:25 pm
      I'd broadly agree with this, the majority of them would be useful in the squad but almost every single position in our team needs to be upgraded if we are to seriously challenge in the prem, let alone in Europe. A couple of caveats though, these players can all go at the end of the season, Migs, Can, Lucas, Moreno, they are not even useful as backup and certainly not as part of a first XI.

Yep they're all on my list as ones I believe will go this summer.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #67: Feb 06, 2017 07:20:32 pm
      Yes. I really mean who will stay in the starting XI. I've already mentioned the four I would jettison (Can, Sakho, Moreno and Sturridge - plus loan players over 21). but we could stand to upgrade the starting lineup at at least six positions. No question about needing more depth being at cross purposes with unloading everybody - we can't and shouldn't do that.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #68: Feb 06, 2017 08:14:51 pm
      Yes. I really mean who will stay in the starting XI. I've already mentioned the four I would jettison (Can, Sakho, Moreno and Sturridge - plus loan players over 21). but we could stand to upgrade the starting lineup at at least six positions. No question about needing more depth being at cross purposes with unloading everybody - we can't and shouldn't do that.

Apart from one or two starters they can all be upgraded on mate but if we upgrade our weakest 3 or 4 positions first, push those currently starting to the bench, we can manage with what we have for now.

Before everyone goes apeshit, we'll definitely buy more than 3 or 4.  It'll be at least the 7 we got last summer, possibly a couple more.

Quick Reply