Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Summer Outgoings 2017

Read 10542 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Re: Summer Outgoings 2017
      Reply #69: Feb 18, 2017 08:07:24 pm
      Out:
      Mignolet
      Sakho
      Moreno
      Surridge
      Ings

We're short depth, so don't think it makes sense to go wholesale on outgoings
      Mignolet can only go if replaced.
      Based on time played this season, even when fit, we should've cashed in on Sturridge last season. I'm a fan, but there's no point having a player a manager doesn't trust, and won't play in important matches.
      Ings has had a bad run with injuries, and might be harsh, but would sell him while clubs might still feel he has goals in him.
      Moreno, wow, how pear shaped has it gone for him. Terrible defender. How didn't go last summer is still amazing.
      Sakho, still a good defender, hope to get decent money in for him.
      Would not sell Lucas unless he wants to go. Guys like him and Stewart, how can we let them go if not replaced (and there's others that are more important to replace)

In:
      Keeper
      CB
      LB
      Striker x 2 (1 PL starter, 1 punt)
      Creative midfielder
      Maybe 1 or 2 more.

Would argue Mignolet has had better season than Karius, but would still keep Karius and bring in somone for Migs. Joe Hart would do for me. Q uproar..
      CB to replace Sahko.
      LB to replace Moreno. Freeing up Milner for midfield, another option in there. Gomez could be backup LB, though might need to loose a few pound.
      Strikers - we need one that Jürgen will ACTUALLY play. Won't get Aquero. If new guy plays PL games, we're already improved on this season. Then take a punt on a young striker.
      Creative midfielder, at least one. Missed Cou too much when out.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #70: Feb 18, 2017 09:46:20 pm
      Im not so sure Ings will be moved on in the summer, given that he cost so little, is still young, and has impressed when he has played, makes me believe Jürgen will give him a chance.
      Sturridge needs replaced by someone with an eye for goal, a Diego Costa type player (ability, not temperament) would be ideal.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #71: Feb 18, 2017 10:08:37 pm
      Sturridge needs replaced by someone with an eye for goal

Have you really just said this mate? Taking the injuries away and basing it purely on ability, he is by far our best and most natural goal scorer and up there with the best in the league at finishing.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #72: Feb 18, 2017 10:44:19 pm
      Have you really just said this mate? Taking the injuries away and basing it purely on ability, he is by far our best and most natural goal scorer and up there with the best in the league at finishing.

Sorry. Maybe I should've been clearer. I mean that because it looks certain that Sturridge is going, we need someone equally as lethal in front of goal.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #73: Feb 18, 2017 10:52:02 pm

The best in the league?

Not really this season, be it starting or coming off the bench.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #74: Feb 18, 2017 11:22:26 pm
      The best in the league?

Not really this season, be it starting or coming off the bench.

I didn't say he was the best, I said up there with the best and the fact he has better than 1:2 goals to game for us shows that. Doesn't matter if it's this season or not, or whether it's starting or not, it doesn't take anything away from the fact he is one of the most natural finishers in the league. His goal in the final for example, at the end of last season, that was top class.

Who do you think is better than him in the league at finishing? Aguero who take about 10+ shots a game but will get 1 goal and miss loads of great chances? Ibra who granted is a great finisher too, like Sturridge but he is no better than Sturridge at finishing, in fact he has missed a lot of glorious chances this season, Benteke? Kane? All scorers but no more ability than Sturridge when it comes to it, the only difference is they play regular football.

Sorry. Maybe I should've been clearer. I mean that because it looks certain that Sturridge is going, we need someone equally as lethal in front of goal.

Fair enough fella.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #75: Feb 21, 2017 08:41:49 am
      Someone to replace Mignolet and Karius in goal as both are error prone.

A centerback that will compliment Matip because, well..... Klavan and Lovren are error prone.

A striker that can actually score goals. Firmino works hard for the team and all that, but it is hard to imagine that he only has 9 goals in 29 starts.

A midfielder or two that can dictate play and break the lines. Any team that cedes possession has a chance of getting something from a game, and more and more teams especially this year have sat back and waited to hit on the counter which is something that has paid dividends. The system at current is purely press oriented.

Two fullbacks. Clyne offers almost nothing going forward and his defending is regressing, Milner offers no width and is fading.

Can, Lucas, Sakho, Bogdan, Manninger, Moreno, Sturridge make the most sense as departures. Would honestly love to see Sturridge remain, it is perplexing that he does not get more games.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #76: Feb 21, 2017 09:57:28 am
      I see there are a lot of murmurings surrounding JWH's visit to Barcelona recently, with many suggesting sorting out details of  a Coutinho transfer in the summer, hence the new contract. I must admit, it did smell of the Suarez contract scenario to me, but I'm not always optimistic when it comes to our owners and money...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #77: Feb 21, 2017 10:29:46 am
      I see there are a lot of murmurings surrounding JWH's visit to Barcelona recently, with many suggesting sorting out details of  a Coutinho transfer in the summer, hence the new contract. I must admit, it did smell of the Suarez contract scenario to me, but I'm not always optimistic when it comes to our owners and money...

Unless FSG were out there to discuss resigning Suarez the Coutinho link is more believable..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #78: Feb 21, 2017 12:51:53 pm
      I don't know why people find it so hard to understand that Coutinho likes it here,  he loves his teammates, and he signed a new deal to show that he's staying. Sometimes I think people can't be happy unless they are unhappy.

JWH at Barcelona...has anyone thought that it might be JWH showing them how to "live within their means" with regards to stadium expansion?

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #79: Feb 21, 2017 01:05:06 pm
      I don't see many from the 1st team squad leaving, 1 or 2 max, but I'm sure plenty of the fringe players will be moved on again.

Ill predict lucas & sturridge leave of their own accord to seek more starts.

This summer is more about adding 4 or 5 top players, to really push the 1st 11, and probably break into the 1st 11.

Minimum 100mill will be spent.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #80: Feb 21, 2017 01:20:57 pm
      I don't know why people find it so hard to understand that Coutinho likes it here,  he loves his teammates, and he signed a new deal to show that he's staying. Sometimes I think people can't be happy unless they are unhappy.

JWH at Barcelona...has anyone thought that it might be JWH showing them how to "live within their means" with regards to stadium expansion?

That's been my guess as to why he's there. It's the only thing that seems to make sense to me in all honesty.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #81: Feb 21, 2017 02:17:59 pm

Why would they need to expand the largest capacity stadium in Europe? And why would they need the advice of JWH?

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,412 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #82: Feb 21, 2017 07:41:34 pm
      Why would they need to expand the largest capacity stadium in Europe? And why would they need the advice of JWH?

They are looking to upgrade and expand the ground, fsg have done it at fenway and anfield
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #83: Feb 22, 2017 12:11:06 am
      Out:
      Mignolet
      Bogdan
      Sakho
      Klavan
      Moreno
      Can
      Sturridge
      Ings
      Markovic
      Wisdom
      Flanagan
      Stewart

In:
      GK
      LB
      CB
      CDM
      CM box to box
      RW/LW
      ST

Lucas stays..

GK:NEW Karius
      LB: NEW Milner
      CB: Matip Lovren
      CB: NEW Lucas Gomes
      RB: Clyne TAA
      CDM: Hendo NEW
      CM: Wijnaldum NEW
      CM: Lallana Coutinho
      LW: Coutinho Woodburn
      ST: NEW Firmino Origi
      RW: Mane NEW
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #84: Feb 22, 2017 12:43:17 am
      Very harsh saying Ings should go looking at some who have been here much longer lad deserves a chance to see if he can recover from his injuries
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #85: Feb 22, 2017 08:38:04 am

Minimum £50m will be sold if not more.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #86: Feb 24, 2017 01:01:26 pm
      Out of this season's seven new signings - we could easily get shot of Karius, Manninger and Klavan, who have had very little positive impact; give Grujic and Matip another chance after stop-start (mostly stop) seasons and keep Mane and Gini.

I guess you could say, for the first time in a long time, that we got what we paid for. 8)

More goalkeepers and centre-halves needed?

F**k only knows how much we will have spent before we eventually replace the "overpaid" [and] "poor" Reina and the "overpaid" [and] "injury prone" Agger, with better.  :o
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #87: Feb 24, 2017 02:31:16 pm
      Coutinho isn't good enough to play for Barca yet
      He's far too inconsistent.

Give him a couple of years however, and in his prime, he will be.

Quick Reply