Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Simon Mignolet
      9 (8.3%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.8%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (3.7%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      59 (54.1%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      28 (25.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (1.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Feb 04, 2017 09:53:48 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31476 times
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Jan 31, 2017 10:05:18 pm
      I thought we were excellent in that 2nd half and the lads ran themselves into the ground and if Firmino has his finishing boots on we win the game. Can't ask for more than that and like Stevie said, we stopped the rot. And hats of to Migs, cost us a goal and saved us a goal to cancel it out.

Migs didn't cost us a goal, it was bloody Clattenburg. He should have waited until we were ready b4 blowing the whistle not while Migs was setting up the wall.  Clattenburg gave chealsea as much advantages as he could.  Fuuuuuk off Clattenburg.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #645: Jan 31, 2017 10:05:18 pm
      Didn't think there were any stand out performances, Can was a bit sh*t tbh, Coutinho not up to his standards and Firmino poor.

1-1 is a very good result considering our recent matches, so I'll take it, but felt we could have won it.

Motm Hendo, but only because of his saving tackle and that pass to Milner which resulted in an assist and goal.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #646: Jan 31, 2017 10:05:27 pm
      You  mean besides the backheel that lead to the wide open chance for Firmino...yea he did lots. Go stick your head back in the sand.

Nahh ....  one backheel for 93 mins. You must be the one voted him MOTM. He doesn't get replaced by Klopp for nothing. One good pass in 93 mins. you must be joking I'm sure. Be courteous here, the mods are watching being nasty won't win you an argument.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #647: Jan 31, 2017 10:05:58 pm

And? My point still stands Bobby as the No 9 simply has to bury at least one of those unless of course you guys are happy we didn't win, which is a bit odd.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #648: Jan 31, 2017 10:06:55 pm
      Thought there were some very good performances - Hendo, Clyne and Milner all putting shifts in. Gigi not too bad though MUST make more runs forward.

Matip had a tough time but kept position and his head. Lovren's was all over the f**king place and his brainlessness caused the penalty. It's probably got to the point where we could do a lot better than Dejan.

Mignolet did so well with the penalty but he had to make it up for that appalling 'organisation' at Luiz's free kick (who was faultless tonight for Chelsea it must be said).

He was still organising it when the fuuuuker Clattenburg blew the whistle.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #649: Jan 31, 2017 10:07:15 pm
      Let's all take a huge sigh of relief we didn't break that record of losing 4 games at home in a row.
      It's the last day of January lads, be happy  :D
      Oh and F**k off Clattenburg you c**t
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Chelsea
      Reply #650: Jan 31, 2017 10:07:16 pm
      We have one.

On the bench. Again. And again. And again. Soon we will sell our proper CF. Then we will have..

One who missed a sitter and numerous chances himself in his last game.

F***ing cheer up lads. After what we've seen the last few games, I'm pretty happy with our performance. A bit disappointed because we could have won it, but happy nonetheless. If Costa puts that penalty away, this place would be going mental. We made Chelsea look ordinary two times this season, let's see how many other teams manage to do that.

It's a point won for me rather than two lost and I think the players can pull themselves up on the back of this performance too.

We finally have a full week's rest again to get everyone ready for the remainder of the season. Coutinho should be getting better and better and we finally have Mane back. Lallana back into midfield against Hull and we're going to smash them. Arsenal lost at home, Spurs failed to break down Sunderland, we've got everything to fight for the next 15 games.

Henderson MOTM for me, he was everywhere that second half. Honorable mention for Wijnaldum too, thought he had a good game. A bit sloppy in his passing on a few occasions, but he ran his socks off, closed down really well and won back possession quite a few times.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #651: Jan 31, 2017 10:07:54 pm
      Great result based on recent form sh*te based on them tonight and other results
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,127 posts | 127 
      Reply #652: Jan 31, 2017 10:08:26 pm
      He certainly has his favourites, don't he ?. To be fair, Bobby is one of mine, but he is in such poor form at the mo,   Why doees'nt he ever get benched.   On the plus,  Gini scored,  which I never though he'd do.
      Can't for the life of me pick the best or worst player tonight, but we did'nt get beat
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #653: Jan 31, 2017 10:08:31 pm
      Stevie smashing windows love it!!!!!! Go on Stevie laaaaa!
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #654: Jan 31, 2017 10:08:43 pm
      Pluses

All the teams above us and Cityt have Europe to deal with
      Mane is back so Lallana can go back to the mid-field and Can to the bench.
      3 games in February so we have time to heal/prepare.
      Jürgen Klopp is our manger.

One can only hope...
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #655: Jan 31, 2017 10:08:48 pm
      Well thank F**k February is coming. More training time and a bit of a breather now.

Because of that pointless Mickey Mouse Cup two legged semi final (which should have been fu**ed off early on in the season) and the worthless FA Cup replay (amongst two other pointless cup matches) we looked spent towards the end.

Let's face it, if we weren't in the League Cup we'd have done better this month.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #656: Jan 31, 2017 10:10:08 pm
      Nahh ....  one backheel for 93 mins. You must be the one voted him MOTM. He doesn't get replaced by Klopp for nothing. One good pass in 93 mins. you must be joking I'm sure. Be courteous here, the mods are watching being nasty won't win you an argument.

Actually I voted Hendo man of the match, but you keep on spouting buddy. Not going to get into an argument with the likes of you, tired of all you negative nancies that can only complain, complain complain in match threads, but don't ever actually participate in any discussion any other times.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #657: Jan 31, 2017 10:10:12 pm
      To be fair, Bobby is one of mine, but he is in such poor form at the mo,   Why doees'nt he ever get benched.

Our top scorer over this sh*t run.

On the plus,  Gini scored,  which I never though he'd do.

Why? Scorer of the last goal we got that got us any points too.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #658: Jan 31, 2017 10:10:20 pm
      One who missed a sitter and numerous chances himself in his last game.

F***ing cheer up lads. After what we've seen the last few games, I'm pretty happy with our performance. A bit disappointed because we could have won it, but happy nonetheless. If Costa puts that penalty away, this place would be going mental. We made Chelsea look ordinary two times this season, let's see how many other teams manage to do that.

It's a point won for me rather than two lost and I think the players can pull themselves up on the back of this performance too.

We finally have a full week's rest again to get everyone ready for the remainder of the season. Coutinho should be getting better and better and we finally have Mane back. Lallana back into midfield against Hull and we're going to smash them.

Henderson MOTM for me, he was everywhere that second half. Honorable mention for Wijnaldum too, thought he had a good game. A bit sloppy in his passing on a few occasions, but he ran his socks off, closed down really well and won back possession quite a few times.

Agreed, forgot to mention Gini. Goal aside I thought he played much better in that second half and covered plenty of ground with Hendo. Showed his strength on more than one occasion and really stood up for the fight, loved seeing that.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #659: Jan 31, 2017 10:10:28 pm

Fingers crossed that Can is sold before the midnight hour.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #660: Jan 31, 2017 10:10:35 pm
      Stevie smashing windows love it!!!!!! Go on Stevie laaaaa!

Quoi?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #661: Jan 31, 2017 10:11:15 pm
      Agreed, forgot to mention Gini. Goal aside I thought he played much better in that second half and covered plenty of ground with Hendo. Showed his strength on more than one occasion and really stood up for the fight, loved seeing that.

To be fair, with a better central midfielder alongside Gini and Hendo, we'd have won. I really do believe that.

But we had Emre Can.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #662: Jan 31, 2017 10:12:04 pm
      To be fair, with a better central midfielder alongside Gini and Hendo, we'd have won. I really do believe that.

But we had Emre Can.

If we had a "real" LB, we could stick Milner in there.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #663: Jan 31, 2017 10:12:13 pm

But we had Emre Can.

If Mane was good enough to start Adam goes back in to the mid and that is that.
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #664: Jan 31, 2017 10:12:29 pm
      Not great but not 'awful' you moron. You were probably distracted seeing as you were watching it primarily for Moses.

What sort of f**king dimwit  supports a Chelsea player more than his own team? Go to The Shed End pr**k.

Oops, looks like you are a bit upset again after reading criticism of the game. In your world, this was another great performance.

Your obsession with Chelsea is a bit much. Are you a closet Chelsea fan? Possibly why you were happy with that result.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #665: Jan 31, 2017 10:12:46 pm
      If we had a "real" LB, we could stick Milner in there.

I like that.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #666: Jan 31, 2017 10:13:05 pm
      We deserved a win tonight.

Conceded from a lack of concentration  from a free kick that should never have been given.

Quick Reply