Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Simon Mignolet
      9 (8.3%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.8%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (3.7%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      59 (54.1%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      28 (25.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (1.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Feb 04, 2017 09:53:48 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31447 times
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Jan 31, 2017 10:36:02 pm
      Yep, if Costa had of been our player this year we'd have been sat at the top now no doubt.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #691: Jan 31, 2017 10:36:26 pm
      F**k it, its a start. Something to build on at least :).
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #692: Jan 31, 2017 10:45:35 pm
      So we wonder how the chavs are so poor and they should be mid table,yet are 10 points clear at the top . Has it ever crossed your minds they dont throw  away points against teams at the other end of the league.All this about if someone had said at the start of the season we would take 4 points of them i would take ,fine not much comfort when they are 10 points clear of us.Cant understand all this s@ite about diddy cups glad were out of them etc .Every Liverpool team should be out to win every game diidd y cup or not we have a proud history of cup success in the past, where is this not bothered about wiinning  cup games came from?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #693: Jan 31, 2017 10:45:44 pm
      A draw against Chelsea is a good result regardless of the fact it doesn't do us any good. This is a result every other team would bite your hand of for.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #694: Jan 31, 2017 10:53:22 pm
      I think Emre is fine as a #2 or #3 off the bench...hopefully nabbing someone like Dahoud this Summer will accomplish that.

I think Emre will be sold this summer.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #695: Jan 31, 2017 10:57:05 pm
      Seen enough this season to now be 100 % certain we need quality signings in these positions
      LB
      Gk
      CM
      CF
      Wide player
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #696: Jan 31, 2017 10:58:18 pm
      What is Jürgen's problem with Sturridge? He is far and away our best striker. OK he gets injured quite a lot but he hasn't been injured for weeks, and if the boss thinks that Origi or Firmino are better than Studge, then I think he has a flaw. Who would you sooner have when a chance comes along?

Because he floats around the pitch, he doesn't run the channels, he wants everything to feet and he doesn't effect the game in anyway comparable to how he used to. Added to which he won't press the press the ball and is scared shitless of making a challenge.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #697: Jan 31, 2017 11:02:12 pm
      What is Jürgen's problem with Sturridge? He is far and away our best striker. OK he gets injured quite a lot but he hasn't been injured for weeks, and if the boss thinks that Origi or Firmino are better than Studge, then I think he has a flaw. Who would you sooner have when a chance comes along?
      Because he floats around the pitch, he doesn't run the channels, he wants everything to feet and he doesn't effect the game in anyway comparable to how he used to. Added to which he won't press the press the ball and is scared shitless of making a challenge.

And there's nothing wrong with that, it just doesn't suit our system. Sometimes it's not about the player's talent, rather their fit and unfortunately Danny just doesn't fit Klopp's prefered system. He'll probably be moved on in the Summer.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,292 posts | 763 
      Reply #698: Jan 31, 2017 11:02:44 pm
      Decent result on the whole, gives the side confidence, to go on an unbeaten run.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #699: Jan 31, 2017 11:03:23 pm
      Agree that Sturridge on for Bobby at about 70 minutes would have made sense tonight.

Not used to seeing Matip give the ball away so much, especially in the first half his passing was poor.

We played better tonight but I think failing to win ends our title chances.  Having just the one competition plus everyone back healthy should  help us to earn a top four spot and the chance to bring in the kind of quality adds the squad needs this summer. Not what I was hoping for  a month ago but what can we do about it now? Still a lot of matches to play with a lot on the line going forward.

Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #700: Jan 31, 2017 11:07:39 pm

And there's nothing wrong with that, it just doesn't suit our system. Sometimes it's not about the player's talent, rather their fit and unfortunately Danny just doesn't fit Klopp's prefered system. He'll probably be moved on in the Summer.

The Studge of three years ago would be starting for Klopp. He'll play the super sub role with a bit of luck and make some things happen from the bench but I think it's clear his days as a regular starter under Jürgen are numbered. I actually wanted to see Origi on for the last 15 tonight.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #701: Jan 31, 2017 11:11:35 pm
      Think Hendo was absolutely terrific. I love when he gets forward and looks to affect the game in the final third and he made numerous stops when Chelsea had the ball.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #702: Jan 31, 2017 11:12:45 pm
      Just seen the highlights.

Difficult to tell how well we played based on that.
      georgemj1994
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #703: Jan 31, 2017 11:13:57 pm
      The highlights of the match for me was Klopps reaction at the fourth official after Costa missed his pen.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #704: Jan 31, 2017 11:15:22 pm
      The Studge of three years ago would be starting for Klopp. He'll play the super sub role with a bit of luck and make some things happen from the bench but I think it's clear his days as a regular starter under Jürgen are numbered. I actually wanted to see Origi on for the last 15 tonight.

I want to see Origi play as the #9 tbh. I bet he would work the CB's a lot more than Firmino and Sturridge.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #705: Jan 31, 2017 11:23:49 pm
      I want to see Origi play as the #9 tbh. I bet he would work the CB's a lot more than Firmino and Sturridge.
      Agree with that, might be worth trying with Mane and Coutinho flanking him around the 60min mark next time teams are parking the bus.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #706: Jan 31, 2017 11:28:17 pm
      Here we go again ,why doesn,t Sturridge start, i think this player should have played instead of him etc ,bottom line is they all have been given their chances ,and not taken it, as a team we are not clicking,tonight was a night to take the challenge and win, tell the rest we are back, but no, and some think a point is a good result .
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #707: Jan 31, 2017 11:31:16 pm
      Happy with the performance not happy with the result
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #708: Jan 31, 2017 11:34:03 pm
      Just seen the highlights.

Difficult to tell how well we played based on that.

Saw the game Si and although having some reservation the memories of the Wolves capitulation and the improvement against sterner opposition did dilute the negativity.

Apparently some are having problems thinning out their despondency.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #709: Jan 31, 2017 11:36:31 pm

He's lost pace, sure, but I'm not convinced even the Sturridge of 2013-14 would start under Klopp. The type of movement we see from Firmino was never Sturridge's game. Nonetheless, I'm just saying he's not a bad player like some would have you believe, he just doesn't fit which is a shame.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #710: Jan 31, 2017 11:39:31 pm
      It's a good point, even more so considering the Arsenal and Spurs results. Beat Hull Saturday and see where we are when the dust settles.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,127 posts | 127 
      Reply #711: Jan 31, 2017 11:48:45 pm
      Think Hendo was absolutely terrific. I love when he gets forward and looks to affect the game in the final third and he made numerous stops when Chelsea had the ball.

It happens too late to effect the game, should be from the off
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #712: Jan 31, 2017 11:51:04 pm
      So after a horrible month we hold the league leaders to a draw with enough chances to have won it and people are still moaning! Wtf is wrong with some of you? We played some great football tonight and if we can build on this very very good point then we should be able to at the very least secure 4th place. BTW I can actually see Chelsea have a dip in form now so the league is far from over.

Quick Reply