Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Hull?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (13%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (3.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      20 (37%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (3.7%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      15 (27.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (3.7%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2017 04:55:51 pm

Hull City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32433 times
      Beth♥TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♥ And YNWA ♥
      Re: Hull City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Feb 05, 2017 01:13:26 pm
      This game was 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back... Totally frustrating and boring as well.  :mad:
      It's pointless to end up top 4 if this is all the quality we have... we'd be out of place in the Champions League if we continue like this.
      The game against Spurs will be the only chance to get back on track before it's too late...
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #576: Feb 05, 2017 04:23:29 pm
      This game was 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back... Totally frustrating and boring as well.  :mad:
      It's pointless to end up top 4 if this is all the quality we have... we'd be out of place in the Champions League if we continue like this.
      The game against Spurs will be the only chance to get back on track before it's too late...

Do you realise that if we got Champions league we would deserve it over the course of the season and it wouldn't have been through playing boring football. Also, once qualified, it would be highly unlikely that we would have exactly the same squad that bores you so much!
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #577: Feb 05, 2017 05:09:32 pm
      As a team this season, have we hit rock bottom? If so, only way is up , with that said let's climb back, support our team, and finish off this season the way we started. Prayers help too!!!
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #578: Feb 05, 2017 05:13:21 pm
      As a team this season, have we hit rock bottom? If so, only way is up , with that said let's climb back, support our team, and finish off this season the way we started. Prayers help too!!!

Certainly hope so and we don't continue with our current form alá Leicester...

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #579: Feb 05, 2017 05:14:07 pm
      Having got stunningly pissed last night after the game I've spent most of the day in a hot tub and swimming pool in Malta in a very nice hotel which has brought me beer to sooth away any thought of a hangover and has give me time to reflect on yesterday's farce.
      Just a thought but why don't we let teams come on to us for a change?why not?.
      Teams have sussed our pressing game so let teams come on to us now and again and hit them on the break.
      Houllier and Rafa did it even Brendan did it to certain extent.
      Let's mix it up a bit instead of possession possession possession with F**k all product.
      Can't be any worse at the moment 👍
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #580: Feb 05, 2017 05:21:22 pm
      Good man. It's incredibly difficult to stay positive at this time. We can only hope Klopp will change something with the shape of the team. It's just not working. I feel our biggest problems are in midfield. We have no creativity in there.

Beth♥TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♥ And YNWA ♥
      Reply #581: Feb 05, 2017 05:58:41 pm
      Do you realise that if we got Champions league we would deserve it over the course of the season and it wouldn't have been through playing boring football. Also, once qualified, it would be highly unlikely that we would have exactly the same squad that bores you so much!

If we got it yeah but right now I doubt it. I'm a supporter like you so don't think I want to offend the team.. let's be realistic though. I'm just saying yesterday it wasn't pleasing to watch, or can you prove otherwise? Do you think this is how we can play Champions League football? I'm not happy with the situation either, but it is what it is
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #582: Feb 05, 2017 06:06:32 pm
      What a load of F***ing sh*te. Sick of seeing the same bollocks every F***ing week.

Another game against another sh*te team and we can't F***ing score. We're F***ing clueless. We didn't have a shot on target in the first half. This is F***ing Hull. F***ing Hull. And we can't get a shot on target against them in 45 minutes? F***ing dreadful.

The last ten games we've turned up just twice. Away at Man U and home to Chelsea. Both were draws but atleast there was a bit of urgency about us, atleast we looked F***ing up for it.

Our players will never be champions because they can't get up for it against the likes of Hull. They think it'll be a breeze, a walk in the park. They think they can just turn up and win 4-0. Absolute sh*te and now we don't even look like playing CL football next season where 2 months ago it looked a certainty. They need to change their mentality and get a F***ing grip of themselves, quick.  How many of our players can walk off that pitch being 100% satisfied that they gave it their all, they gave it everything and they had nothing left? F***ing none of them. How many could have done it against Chelsea? Probably all 11 of them. They can't just pick and choose when they turn up. I know each game is different but the effort and work rate should always remain the same.

I keep saying the same thing every F***ing week but klopp needs to change things. He needs to change the tactics, set up, players maybe. He needs to do something different. Because every F***ing week the opposition are putting men behind the ball, giving us possession and we don't know what to F***ing do with it.

Before anybody says ok then genius what would YOU do. Well I'm not a world class football manager. I don't work with our squad day in day out. I don't have all the time in the world to try out formations and tactics in training. Jürgen does though. And our slump falls completely on his shoulders.

As I always say, I like Jürgen, I think he's class, but he isn't immune to criticism and he will never be bigger than the club. The last 10 games or whatever hasn't been good enough for LFC it's as simple as that. If things don't improve rapidly we will find ourselves in F***ing 7th behind Everton.

Before anybody says I'm being dramatic, weren't we 13-14 points ahead of them not too long ago? What it is now? 6? It's F***ing scary and it's inexcusable.

Regarding the match I've not got much to say because I'm that F***ing pissed off with that woeful performance. The two goals were F***ing pathetic and we were even worse going forward.

I can't believe how our season has crumbled. I can't believe we're 5th. Please Jürgen for fucks sake get a F***ing grip of them.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #583: Feb 06, 2017 01:04:09 pm
      What a load of f**king sh*te. Sick of seeing the same bollocks every f**king week.

Another game against another sh*te team and we can't f**king score. We're f**king clueless. We didn't have a shot on target in the first half. This is f**king Hull. F***ing Hull. And we can't get a shot on target against them in 45 minutes? F***ing dreadful.

The last ten games we've turned up just twice. Away at Man U and home to Chelsea. Both were draws but atleast there was a bit of urgency about us, atleast we looked f**king up for it.

Our players will never be champions because they can't get up for it against the likes of Hull. They think it'll be a breeze, a walk in the park. They think they can just turn up and win 4-0. Absolute sh*te and now we don't even look like playing CL football next season where 2 months ago it looked a certainty. They need to change their mentality and get a f**king grip of themselves, quick.  How many of our players can walk off that pitch being 100% satisfied that they gave it their all, they gave it everything and they had nothing left? F***ing none of them. How many could have done it against Chelsea? Probably all 11 of them. They can't just pick and choose when they turn up. I know each game is different but the effort and work rate should always remain the same.

I keep saying the same thing every f**king week but klopp needs to change things. He needs to change the tactics, set up, players maybe. He needs to do something different. Because every f**king week the opposition are putting men behind the ball, giving us possession and we don't know what to f**king do with it.

Before anybody says ok then genius what would YOU do. Well I'm not a world class football manager. I don't work with our squad day in day out. I don't have all the time in the world to try out formations and tactics in training. Jürgen does though. And our slump falls completely on his shoulders.

As I always say, I like Jürgen, I think he's class, but he isn't immune to criticism and he will never be bigger than the club. The last 10 games or whatever hasn't been good enough for LFC it's as simple as that. If things don't improve rapidly we will find ourselves in f**king 7th behind Everton.

Before anybody says I'm being dramatic, weren't we 13-14 points ahead of them not too long ago? What it is now? 6? It's f**king scary and it's inexcusable.

Regarding the match I've not got much to say because I'm that f**king pissed off with that woeful performance. The two goals were f**king pathetic and we were even worse going forward.

I can't believe how our season has crumbled. I can't believe we're 5th. Please Jürgen for fucks sake get a f**king grip of them.

None of us are getting any younger .

Leading up to Christmas I hadnt felt like this about the team and the club for may years

The optimism and feel good was back .

We were back.

Then we had January and finally this game.   Not one "off-day" game in the month   but only one win out of eight games.
      No knee jerking .  No over reacting .
      More of the "these things happen ..... we've got  xyz next  ... we'll walk that "

Well we didnt walk the next games or even win them.

Back to the head scratching.
      Back to the " we need a goalie"   " we need a left back"   " we need a striker"   " this is still Rodgers team" the last one is True.

So if FSG  fix it by paying out for one new employee ..... Jürgen on his 6 million a year   ........  that'll placate the masses for a while.
      That will give them a couple of years for our expectations to be raised before we suss what is going on.

Build a new stand?
      Thats for their purposes not ours. For their hospitality packages at $ US 2,000 a time for the prawn sandwich eating US and Far East  daytrippers.

They have paid out for nothing except that which will make them a return or to procrastinate.

Kenny got sacked and was going to .......if he won that Cup or not.

Hull  ?   Swansea ?   Plymouth ?   

It doesn't matter. Not to FSG .   

They have the MasterPlan .   Wonder why Ayres is leaving early ?

Quick Reply