Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool v Spurs - Saturday 11/02/17 K.O. 17.30

Read 12847 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Liverpool v Spurs - Saturday 11/02/17 K.O. 17.30
      Reply #69: Feb 09, 2017 01:42:43 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

Id like to see this just to shake things up a bit. 3 Workhorses in midfield that will give the Spurs players no time to think, and  Sturridge deserves a chance, he hasn't been a bad as people make out, with better service he'll score.

I don't want to see Mignolet anywhere near the team. Karius was dropped for two mistakes, if Klopp is serious about competition for places and everyone having an equal chance then Karius must be restored to the side.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #70: Feb 09, 2017 02:08:12 pm
      It's when a side packs the defense, sits deep with a bank of 5/4 keeping it tight, that's when struggle.
      We have a better chance against teams like Spurs who don't sit to deep even away from home, and like to get forward and attack. We can hit them on the break, little bit more room to attack, more of an end to end rather than us sitting just outside the box huffing and puffing.

In the second half of the season most teams have a better idea of how to stop free scoring teams. Against us they sit deep and frustrate us. Give us no room then hit us when we ease off. We haven't got enough invention or pace to get in round the back. Doesn't take much for confidence to dip.

We needed fresh legs and ideas. We have a chance against Spurs to kick start a run, they will give us chances as they will not sit deep. But we must get more urgency into it or we will disappear up our own backside and end up struggling to stay in the top 6.
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #71: Feb 09, 2017 02:13:51 pm
      I don't want to see Mignolet anywhere near the team. Karius was dropped for two mistakes, if Klopp is serious about competition for places and everyone having an equal chance then Karius must be restored to the side.

Can't see why Milner can't be the Keeper...he's doing everything else..he's left back, wing back, left winger, penalty taker, corner taker...surely he can keep an eye on the goal as well..
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #72: Feb 09, 2017 05:52:29 pm
      Can't see why Milner can't be the Keeper...he's doing everything else..he's left back, wing back, left winger, penalty taker, corner taker...surely he can keep an eye on the goal as well..

Knowing Milner he'd probably end up being the best damn Keeper we've ever had.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #73: Feb 09, 2017 06:35:52 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I thought the team worked best when Lallana played a deeper role.
      That means no Can.

That's what I'd like to see.

I'd play Karius from now to the end of the season to allow him time to settle for next season.
      Tadders

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #74: Feb 09, 2017 06:46:27 pm
      I want to wake up Sunday without a hangover and depressed, with 3 points and be able to read the papers and watch sports channels.

Just once this F***ing year please.

Once.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #75: Feb 09, 2017 08:52:09 pm
      I want to wake up Sunday without a hangover and depressed, with 3 points and be able to read the papers and watch sports channels.

Just once this f**king year please.

Once.

Ha, I know mate.. doing my head in it really is..
      Loads of football fans asking me WTF is going on at Liverpool?
      The overwhelming answer is it's because we are not playing our first team week after week.
      We basically played a B team in both cup competitions and paid the price.

Jürgen needs to get those 11 players that were knocking teams out for a laugh a couple of months ago and play them every week until May.
      Get the cohesion and belief back.
      There's still loads of points to play for.

Mane's had a good spell back first team training now and needs to get his shooting boots on.
      if he's back on blob he'll be the difference for us against this lot.

The reality of only chasing a top 4 spot in the first half of February has to take shape and become an obsession with the team and what better way than to beat Tottenham with a convincing win.

:kop5cf8koxp6:

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #76: Feb 09, 2017 09:53:43 pm
      That's what I'd like to see.

I'd play Karius from now to the end of the season to allow him time to settle for next season.

After Mig's blunder, reckon he has every chance of starting. He's looked more confident in recent matches.

With no Cup matches, it's slim pickins for the keepers from here on in. As with the fringe players.  If, IF Karius can show some form, would stick with him, cause at the end of the day we've seen enough of Migs to know what he's like.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #77: Feb 09, 2017 10:50:17 pm
      The right decision just give him the rest of the season now to see what he can do, because we know exactly what the other clown is like.

https://twitter.com/anfieldhq/status/829823289606418433
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,190 posts | 1271 
      Reply #78: Feb 09, 2017 10:58:02 pm
      The right decision just give him the rest of the season now to see what he can do, because we know exactly what the other clown is like.

https://twitter.com/anfieldhq/status/829823289606418433

People can bang on about Karius all they like but I think from what we've seen he's a more reactive keeper than Mignolet. Maybe a bit rash, but give him time to settle in England and I don't think we'll be comparing him with Mignolet in a few years.

I can't quite comprehend why people have made their minds up on Karius, despite the lad only being young. And I can't quite comprehend how people thought Mignolet was better.

Last year was more than enough to show that Mignolet will never ever change. Him going through games without a major clanger is somehow a positive in some eyes, but its merely par for the course. I can't remember a game where he has actually saved us points, bar his debut penalty save against Man Utd in 2013.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #79: Feb 09, 2017 11:37:46 pm
      People can bang on about Karius all they like but I think from what we've seen he's a more reactive keeper than Mignolet. Maybe a bit rash, but give him time to settle in England and I don't think we'll be comparing him with Mignolet in a few years.

Agreed.

I can't quite comprehend why people have made their minds up on Karius, despite the lad only being young. And I can't quite comprehend how people thought Mignolet was better.

Indeed one was a proven clown, the other had proof of excellent form in Germany just last season and had so many mitigating factors to understand his slump that it really was quite shocking to read so many write him off.

Now I'll give Mignolet his due he did improve for a few games but that didn't last long and I'd happily watch him leave in the summer for someone who can really compete and even possibly dislodge Karius but moving forward Karius is the right choice.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #80: Feb 10, 2017 12:19:28 am
      Time for Klopp to make a call on the goalkeeper situation. If it's Karius it's Karius. If it's Migs it's Migs.

I think the two need to know where they stand, I think the back 4 need to know who they are playing with.
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #81: Feb 10, 2017 07:58:18 am
      Not a fan of either keeper and ideally none would start but sadly that wont happen . Agree Karius needs to be given time but he should have been No 2 and played in U23s all season and gained experience in cup comps. He has and will continue to make mistakes as he did against Wolves. Has made some decent saves but have not seen one world class save as yet . As long as the for Karius do not explode when he makes a mistake fine but I do not think he is ready or good enough yet and really hope im proved wrong 
      Tadders

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #82: Feb 10, 2017 09:03:06 am
      just goes to show that Klopp isn't really settled on either of them, maybe one of them will take their chance and not throw away a goal in every game they play?

a clean sheet even.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #83: Feb 10, 2017 10:49:36 am
      Time for Klopp to make a call on the goalkeeper situation. If it's Karius it's Karius. If it's Migs it's Migs.

I think the two need to know where they stand, I think the back 4 need to know who they are playing with.

They should know where they stand. Perform well and you stay in the side. Perform badly and you're taken out. The goalkeeping situation should be no different to any other position on the field. Competition for places brings the best out of a player.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #84: Feb 10, 2017 10:53:32 am
      All of the top 6 sides have had their slump and gotten over it.

Can it be our turn please?

The Spurs game is looking mightily important all of a sudden
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #85: Feb 10, 2017 11:02:00 am
      Can't say that I'm feeling arsed about this TBH.

Still down that we've imploded so badly.

I need the team for once to pick me up.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #86: Feb 10, 2017 11:07:42 am
      Time for the whole team including coaching staff to show what they're made of. Time to make us happy as shanks did.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #87: Feb 10, 2017 11:58:32 am
      OK I now think we will win this, I think this will be the game it clicks into gear again. Then we have Leicester who are utter sh*te at the moment and then Arsenal visit us. On paper all tricky games but for us at the moment playing open teams is a stroke of very good fortune. The test will come when we face Burnley, but we have plenty of time to work out a new system by then so fingers crossed.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #88: Feb 10, 2017 12:49:50 pm

Agree.

It should be Karius.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #89: Feb 10, 2017 03:44:48 pm
      Looks like lovren,lallana and Klaven are out for the Spurs game...I can see a Anfield drubbing coming on.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #90: Feb 10, 2017 03:44:53 pm
      Seems like Lallana, Lovren and Klavan are doubts :(
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #91: Feb 10, 2017 04:08:08 pm
      It makes me laugh,so these three players are in doubt,and we see a drubbing on the cards, these three players get slated after every game ,so surely they wont be missed?

Quick Reply