Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool v Spurs - Saturday 11/02/17 K.O. 17.30

Read 12866 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Liverpool v Spurs - Saturday 11/02/17 K.O. 17.30
      Reply #115: Feb 11, 2017 11:41:08 am
      Going for a win, against all odds, who knows what could happen. Definitely three points needed against Spurs today.

We're more than capable but with our form :/
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #116: Feb 11, 2017 11:46:07 am
      Did you not watch the match against Hull, why on earth would you start both Can and Lucas????

Lucas comes down to a simple choice between him and Gomez if Klavan and Lovren are both injured and Gomez hasn't exactly impressed since coming back from injury either. Can has his uses in this type of game, however because of the need to take maximum points, Wijnaldum would be the more sensible choice in my opinion.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #117: Feb 11, 2017 12:10:21 pm
      All these line ups won't make a difference. The key to this is if a goalkeeper turns up anywhere more than the lineup. If we have a statue in goal like most games then I am not confident. You can have Suarez, Messi and Ronaldo, but with an open net you wouldn't even beat a Championship side.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #118: Feb 11, 2017 12:11:49 pm
      A week break, Mane back, I see hope on the horizon.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #119: Feb 11, 2017 12:19:51 pm
      Sakho to start for Palace....we have Lucas as our CB. I do hope he was a Cu*t because bombing him out of the club has cost us games
      I said that back when we didn't play him. Klopp treating Sakho like that didn't help the team. It is fine saying Sakho would have upset the balance, but Klopp has done just that. I think Klopp took it personally and tried to make a right with 2 wrongs, in the end the fans are wronged so now we have 3 wrongs. That 3rd wrong is Lucas Levia at CB. People may think he does okay, he probably will be for 85 minutes, then kick somebody over in the box needlessly in a panic like always. People will disagree because of short memories. They will see about 3 good passes and forget how many points he and he alone has cost us.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #120: Feb 11, 2017 12:24:36 pm
      Big big game today felling nervous about the result hopefully we will bring it around but the defence doesn't fill me with confidence, lose this and United will probably go above us and god forbid Everton will only be a three points behind us just hope the right team turns up today
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #121: Feb 11, 2017 12:56:14 pm
      Going by our latest form and the losses at Anfield, it doesn't give me confidence to say that we'll hammer Spuds. A draw will most probably just about there. More importantly is, if I'm Klopp I will make it absolutely clear to everyone that every single player is playing for their future and no explanation is needed if players are shipped out comes end of the season as that's what they deserve over a season for far too many below par performances, one after another that are inexcusable.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #122: Feb 11, 2017 01:15:38 pm
      Going by our latest form and the losses at Anfield, it doesn't give me confidence to say that we'll hammer Spuds. A draw will most probably just about there. More importantly is, if I'm Klopp I will make it absolutely clear to everyone that every single player is playing for their future and no explanation is needed if players are shipped out comes end of the season as that's what they deserve over a season for far too many below par performances, one after another that are inexcusable.

Every single player playing for their future? Thought we were giving new contracts away like confetti - how can that be motivating
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #123: Feb 11, 2017 01:25:11 pm
      Klopp is not that tough to be like that. He came here saying everyone had one year impress him, then handed Migs a 5 year contract. If I were Klopp, Lucas, Migs and Moreno would be LONG gone. Sakho would still be here, I would have a new GK and LB already.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #124: Feb 11, 2017 01:33:17 pm
      All these line ups won't make a difference. The key to this is if a goalkeeper turns up anywhere more than the lineup. If we have a statue in goal like most games then I am not confident. You can have Suarez, Messi and Ronaldo, but with an open net you wouldn't even beat a Championship side.

I'd sooner start with another attacking player than Mignolet in goal. At least then we'd have eleven players on the pitch.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #125: Feb 11, 2017 01:52:25 pm
      A week break, Mane back, I see hope on the horizon.

I'm with you there.
      Fingers crossed, Klopp and the lads have got some Mojo back.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #126: Feb 11, 2017 01:53:53 pm
      I'm thinking there's gonna be goals in this game.
      Could be s high scoring draw, but I'm hoping we've learned lessons by now. Spuds will wanna go for the win no doubt, but I can't see them parking the bus and countering.
      Can't imagine why though, seems to be our Achilles heel.
      Hoping we can get the win so going for 3:2 to us.
      God knows, we need it !
      This could be a very entertaining game for the neutrals, if we turn up in the right frame of mind, but I'd be just as happy with a scrappy boring 1:0 just to get us back on track !
      C O Y M RED MEN.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #127: Feb 11, 2017 02:53:03 pm
      So Arse just beat hull 2:0.
      Did they park the bus or was it a different tactic for them ?
      Certainly fucks us up, so hoping spuds come with something different
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #128: Feb 11, 2017 03:02:34 pm
      We're more than capable but with our form :/

Got to start winning sometime, although fully see your point of view.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #129: Feb 11, 2017 03:05:47 pm

I get your point but have you seen the game? Clattenburg basically played for Arsenal.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #130: Feb 11, 2017 03:06:41 pm
      there has to be an alternative to lucas......i mean surely....please no.

feeling of dread/anticipation gone for me. if we lose oh well. used to it now. we win who cares. its too late. im not interested in a 'race' for the top 4. 

both teams will run relentlessly. neither will be great. probably finish 1-1. again.

f***in hell, you ran out of pants to sniff, you'd be better off supporting that Shitty wee club across the park,
      That's the attitude of a complete no hope pub side,
      Get a f***in grip lad, pull yer heid out of your hole and support yer club through thick and thin,
      Or don't bother yer arse at all..

F**k sake!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #131: Feb 11, 2017 03:07:05 pm
      I get your point but have you seen the game? Clattenburg basically played for Arsenal.

Seemed that way to me as well.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #132: Feb 11, 2017 03:11:30 pm
      Seemed that way to me as well.

He even apologized at half time that he allowed the first goal to stand then he goes and gives Gibbs a yellow for a last defender foul..ridiculous
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #133: Feb 11, 2017 03:17:02 pm
      He even apologized at half time that he allowed the first goal to stand then he goes and gives Gibbs a yellow for a last defender foul..ridiculous

He seemed to give Arsenal pretty much every 50-50 call, and gave them a couple that just looked ridiculous.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #134: Feb 11, 2017 03:20:55 pm

I said before that Hull didn't really park the bus against us and they didn't against Arsenal either. They are a counter attacking team and with a bit more luck and good refereeing decisions I think Hull could have won today. Arsenal were really not that impressive
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #135: Feb 11, 2017 03:36:52 pm
      The scum above is as it stands, gonna be a fecking depressing week if it stays the same by the end of today....
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #136: Feb 11, 2017 04:22:16 pm
      Any team news guys..  Are Lovren Klavan, and Lallana deffo out?

YNWA
      ghred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #137: Feb 11, 2017 04:25:33 pm
      A draw isn't enough because we would remain four points behind Spurs and depending on other results we could end up in 6th place three points off the top four.

Arsenal are at home to Hull which you would expect them to win despite Hull taking points off us and the mancs recently. The mancs are at home to Watford which you would also expect them to win. City probably have the toughest game because they are away at Bournemouth but you would still expect them to win.

The pressure is on but it's a must win game. If we lose, Spurs obviously go 7 clear of us and we can't afford that to happen. We need to close the gap on them and drag them back into the dog fight with us.

I've been very critical of our performances of late and I've described some of our players as bottlers. This is the perfect game for them to shut the likes of me up. It's a huge, huge game. A draw is a good result for Spurs because it keeps us at arms length but we HAVE to win, the pressure is all on us.

In those situations this season where we have expected to win or needed to win we have fallen short. It's time to put an end to that starting Saturday.

I expect the team to be:

Karius (mignolet is getting dropped after Hull)

Clyne
      Matip
      Klavan
      Milner

Can
      Hendo
      Lallana

Coutinho
      Firmino
      Mane

If things aren't going to plan then hopefully Jürgen changes things much more quickly than usual.
      Agree with most of this,except for the part where Can starts ahead of Wijnaldum.Think we'll win this 2-1,whether it will spark a winning run to end the season we'll see

Quick Reply