Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)

Read 20900 times
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)
      Reply #23: Feb 08, 2017 09:04:54 pm
      Right for Studge to move on at end of the season, few years ago he was superb, watched some of his goals the other day, and he was up there with the best of them, sadly I don't think he will ever get back to that level, all he seems to do these days is come short into midfield areas where he does not influence the game, and his burst of pace has yet to be seen at Anfield for a while, just doesn't fit into Klopps plans or style.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)
      Reply #24: Feb 08, 2017 09:06:38 pm
      Problem is, I can't see him going for us.

Unfortunately, that would be the real problem. Nice dilemma to have though: Aubameyang or Lewandowski?

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #25: Feb 08, 2017 09:11:07 pm
      Go on then why not.

Name your wager.

A match ticket for next season?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #26: Feb 08, 2017 09:19:54 pm
      Think this will surprise absolutely nobody and those still thinking Sturridge is the player he once was with us are simply delusional. Listen to Carra's assessment of his most recent performance and you'll hear a guy who has not only played with him but of course knows an awful lot about the game.

I think it's actually a mix of psychological and physical with Studge. All those injuries are bound to inhibit your natural instincts to sprint when that's exactly what has caused the problem in the past. However it has been clear for a long time that even when he would know the cameras were on him closing down on a keeper or the ball knocked in front of him he just hasn't been able to get to speed. So the problem is 3 fold, he's lost his explosive 5 yard pace, he's lost his top end speed and when you remove those he's become even less mobile than he was before and that in truth was never the most mobile striker.

He'd still do well with any team that actually aren't favourites, teams that give him that bit of space because there's no doubting he still possesses a wand of a left foot, it was the first thing that highlighted his quality to me when playing for City and then Bolton. Wish him all the very best when he does leave and thanks for the fantastic memories when he and Luis were the most deadly partnership this league has seen for a long, long time.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #27: Feb 08, 2017 09:20:40 pm
      Unfortunately, that would be the real problem. Nice dilemma to have though: Aubameyang or Lewandowski?

I think Icardi or Lacazatte are more achievable..
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #28: Feb 08, 2017 09:25:01 pm
      I think Icardi or Lacazatte are more achievable..

True. Doesn't have the same ring to it though...

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #29: Feb 08, 2017 09:26:20 pm

Sure that's fine, just remember to bookmark this page  ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,289 posts | 763 
      Reply #30: Feb 08, 2017 09:27:05 pm
      Daniel showed so much promise when he first joined the club. Injuries have obviously set him back, good luck to him wherever he goes.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,476 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #31: Feb 08, 2017 09:41:22 pm
      He will bag 20+ a season for whoever he joins, would make that bet with anybody.

Top striker and in my opinion if he had a run in the team this season instead of 20 minutes here or there / a start every 7 games then we would be further up in the table.

League goals mate? I'll take that and double the bet.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #32: Feb 08, 2017 09:54:00 pm
      I don't think Sturridge will get a dozen goals 20 is way too ambitious.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #33: Feb 08, 2017 09:55:42 pm
      He will bag 20+ a season for whoever he joins, would make that bet with anybody.

Top striker and in my opinion if he had a run in the team this season instead of 20 minutes here or there / a start every 7 games then we would be further up in the table.

I doubt he'll bag 20 appearances/season..saw a picture of him gangsta posing with Drake in a club yesterday..didn't know which was funnier..him or Drake as a gangster :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,610 posts | 6930 
      Reply #34: Feb 08, 2017 11:25:01 pm
      Talkshite or not, I fully expect Danny top leave in the summer

Agree. Think he'll go abroad. China or the US?
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35: Feb 08, 2017 11:39:15 pm
      Problem is, I can't see him going for us.
      "IF" there is any true to this  :o(And i believe that there is) Given the type of players FSG wants (21 or less, with potential and resalable value) what creams my corn is that they should have made sure that we got Gabriel Jesus  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36: Feb 08, 2017 11:50:37 pm
      You know what else I saw come up on twitter? This sh*t.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/829426578115350528

Jesus f**king Christ!
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #37: Feb 09, 2017 12:28:34 am

I would go against that bet, If we say a goal a game, he wont even come close, he is never fit long enough. Also it would depend on who he joins, a lower team would insist he puts the work rate in and thats just not him, even if he did put in the effort, he would be out injured for a length because of it.

I dont dislike him, I dont, when we first signed him he was brilliant for us, however like mentioned earlier, mentally, fitness must constantly be on his mind as he isnt close to that player we once had.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #38: Feb 09, 2017 12:45:41 am

Jesus f**king Christ!

The wall against David Luiz's freekick would've have been a better fit...also Andy fcking Carroll has more goals than that great strike force in the last 5games..you'd think it's a parody account
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #39: Feb 09, 2017 01:08:13 am

Jesus f**king Christ!

True in a way, walls mainly move sideways, can be bypassed, and offer limited resistance.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #40: Feb 09, 2017 01:18:22 am

Jesus f**king Christ!

What the F**k? Are we sponsored by Universal pictures or something?
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #41: Feb 09, 2017 01:31:34 am
      What the f**k? Are we sponsored by Universal pictures or something?

Todays supporter my friend....
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,526 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Feb 09, 2017 02:11:39 am
      Tbh, would be incredibly surprised if he was still here next season.
      Then again, said the same last season about Mignolet and Moreno.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #43: Feb 09, 2017 07:14:10 am

Jesus f**king Christ!

On current form this is a story about those 4 trying to get through the Great Wall of 2 banks of 4...

The movie does not end well
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #44: Feb 09, 2017 09:21:55 am
      Sad thing is he's still are best striker by a mile , which sums up our  predicament perfectly . I'd start him ahead of Origi every game. Origi is F***ing useless , poor first touch , poor intelligence in his play and weak in trying to hold up a ball . But he'll be wearing a red shirt next season while Sturridge probably won't .

Surely now , with the situation we are in , it's worth Jürgen trying to adjust his system slightly to get the best out of our best striker instead of just watching us run into brick walls ?
      Anyway , there's F**k all we can do about it.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,729 posts | 881 
      Reply #45: Feb 09, 2017 12:56:44 pm

Exactly. Sturridge has a lot of goals in him, but like any player, he can't score goal on the bench. He needs game time, and he deserves a club that will recognise his talent, appreciate the quality he has, and let him play. Klopp won't do that, and a large base of LFC fans don't want to either.

In my opinion, this again stems from him being a former Chelsea player. He's never been well received, and even during his storming season with Suarez... I read Liverpool fans still ridiculously putting that down to Suarez.

The criticisms of this lad are never justified, and are frankly absurd. But hey ho, it will be no surprise if we let another world class talent leave our club.

Hoping for our sake this story is nonsense, but when he does leave, it will be best for him.

Quick Reply