Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)

Read 20513 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)
      Reply #46: Feb 09, 2017 01:08:11 pm
      Sad thing is he's still are best striker by a mile , which sums up our  predicament perfectly . I'd start him ahead of Origi every game. Origi is f**king useless , poor first touch , poor intelligence in his play and weak in trying to hold up a ball . But he'll be wearing a red shirt next season while Sturridge probably won't .

Surely now , with the situation we are in , it's worth Jürgen trying to adjust his system slightly to get the best out of our best striker instead of just watching us run into brick walls ?
      Anyway , there's f**k all we can do about it.

Sorry but I strongly disagree, Yes Sturridge is our best finisher, which is not saying much, but his movement is sh*t these days and we simply don't have the talented players to deliver balls in to his feet. I think Origi is our best short term option perhaps playing together with Sturridge as 2 strikers, it would certainly be harder to defend against.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)
      Reply #47: Feb 09, 2017 01:23:18 pm
      Pay £16m sell for £20m, a 25% return. £4m profit! We already have a successful season in FSG's eyes.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #48: Feb 09, 2017 02:06:19 pm
      He's done.

Doesn't fit in with the managers style and has (IMHO) been mishandled from the start.

That's fine as long as we find a suitable replacement - Im not sentimentally attached to the players - but we have to remember that for significant periods he was statistically our best striker ever.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #49: Feb 09, 2017 02:10:40 pm
      He's done.

Doesn't fit in with the managers style and has (IMHO) been mishandled from the start.

That's fine as long as we find a suitable replacement - Im not sentimentally attached to the players - but we have to remember that for significant periods he was statistically our best striker ever.

He's not the first and will definitely not be the last player not to fit with a managers style HB.

I'm not sure how he could be handled any better if the manager really doesn't fancy him.
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2017 04:30:39 pm by srslfc »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #50: Feb 09, 2017 03:19:57 pm
      He's not the first and will definitely not be the last player not to fit with a managers style HB.

I'm not sure how he could be handled and better if the manager really doesn't fancy him.

This is what I believe too. If Klopp plays him week in, week out at the same intensity that Firmino and even Origi does on match days, Sturridge would probably break down after the 2nd game and be out for months.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #51: Feb 09, 2017 03:28:20 pm

I'm not sure how he could be handled and better if the manager really doesn't fancy him.

True enough mate - some players just dont fit with managers styles.

His confidence looks shot at the moment though - he doesnt want to push himself to run in case the injury recurs.

I dont think hes been backed since Klopp arrived - which is fair enough - however I would have preferred to have seen him sold a couple of windows ago when his transfer value was much higher.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #52: Feb 09, 2017 04:30:19 pm
      True enough mate - some players just dont fit with managers styles.

His confidence looks shot at the moment though - he doesnt want to push himself to run in case the injury recurs.

I dont think hes been backed since Klopp arrived - which is fair enough - however I would have preferred to have seen him sold a couple of windows ago when his transfer value was much higher.

While I never advocate selling our best players I agree on maybe selling him earlier if Jürgen was clear about not fancying him or him not fitting with what he wants from a CF.

Still think we'll get decent money for him as his goal record alone will entice clubs to go for him.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #53: Feb 09, 2017 05:40:53 pm
      We need to keep him. He is 27 and could peak soon.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #54: Feb 09, 2017 05:56:57 pm
      We need to keep him. He is 27 and could peak soon.

:mad:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #55: Feb 09, 2017 06:04:24 pm
      You'll be doing that when we sell him and Klopp says Danny Ings is his replacement. Remember Suarez for Lambert?
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #56: Feb 09, 2017 07:14:09 pm
      Sorry but I strongly disagree, Yes Sturridge is our best finisher, which is not saying much, but his movement is sh*t these days and we simply don't have the talented players to deliver balls in to his feet. I think Origi is our best short term option perhaps playing together with Sturridge as 2 strikers, it would certainly be harder to defend against.

I'm all for playing two strikers but Jürgen has to give Sturridge a decent run . Origi , Can 't , Firminho , Clyne , Lovren get game after game after turning in utter turgid performance's , yet Sturridge is yanked after one game , even though the whole team stank.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #57: Feb 09, 2017 07:57:04 pm
      Simple

He wants one if he can get the right one,  one he can trust to get on the pitch regularly, or even training more often than not

His record since 13-14 is sh*te, embarrassing really for his 6m a year he's just not been worth it

Sensible really to f**k him off and get someone in we can rely on

As harsh as that sounds it's bang on and will probably happen, however, I'm still of the opinion that having more football next season will give further opportunities for Daniel to perhaps have more pitch time, for me this is part of the problem, we all know Daniels capabilities,but he's not had enough time on the pitch for him to sustain any form and remind us of his undoubted talent, injuries may have robbed him of a yard of pace but he still has that killer instinct that makes him so prolific,

I'd like to think he would stay on but I agree he probably will move on for the good of his career, it's just unfortunate that his injuries have ultimately cost him not only game time but perhaps legendary status had his goal conversion rate continued with LFC.

YNWA
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #58: Feb 09, 2017 10:31:16 pm
      You'll be doing that when we sell him and Klopp says Danny Ings is his replacement. Remember Suarez for Lambert?

I think I will trust the manager over Danny's fitness and your opinions, thanks.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #59: Feb 10, 2017 07:44:06 am
      Find it funny the way I hear some people talking of how he should be given a decent run.

Klopp and his staff see him on the training ground every day and when he has been given the chance he's looked like he's running uphill in deep snow.

And aside from that, if he was given a decent run, there are very high odds that he would break down within three or four games.

I've banged the Sturridge drum for a long time and defended him when I've heard and read those daft comments about how he has an attitude problem on the basis of him looking unhappy when he's been subbed. People would jump on him because he was unfortunately born with a face that had the wrong type of pissed off face.

This is different than that, now. He is too slow and doesn't fit what the manager wants anyway.

It was clear a while ago that this wouldn't end well for Sturridge.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #60: Feb 10, 2017 07:51:37 am
      Find it funny the way I hear some people talking of how he should be given a decent run.

Klopp and his staff see him on the training ground every day and when he has been given the chance he's looked like he's running uphill in deep snow.

And aside from that, if he was given a decent run, there are very high odds that he would break down within three or four games.

I've banged the Sturridge drum for a long time and defended him when I've heard and read those daft comments about how he has an attitude problem on the basis of him looking unhappy when he's been subbed. People would jump on him because he was unfortunately born with a face that had the wrong type of pissed off face.

This is different than that, now. He is too slow and doesn't fit what the manager wants anyway.

No one knows if he really has lost his pace or is just scared of going flat out in case he breaks down.

Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #61: Feb 10, 2017 08:13:46 am
      Carlton cole being readied to replace him
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #62: Feb 10, 2017 08:23:06 am
      No one knows if he really has lost his pace or is just scared of going flat out in case he breaks down.

Boils down to the same thing doesn't it, lack of pace?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #63: Feb 10, 2017 08:37:33 am
      Boils down to the same thing doesn't it, lack of pace?

Not really, only one scenario is irreversible.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #64: Feb 10, 2017 09:13:22 am
      If he leaves then so be it, but he HAS to be replaced with quality.
      This... all day, every day.

The most prolific striker on our books who can't get a game when we can't buy a goal is clearly unwanted. So be it but just as it is with any player who we get rid of... if we don't buy better there's no F***ing point.  ;)

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #65: Feb 10, 2017 09:50:23 am

Exactly where I'm at with Studge.

Word for word.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #66: Feb 10, 2017 09:56:38 am

Either way he is fu**ed .

Get shot.

He won't chase anyway .

ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #67: Feb 10, 2017 11:17:50 am

FSG will get a good valuation for him.

If he leaves then so be it, but he HAS to be replaced with quality.

FSG will reinvest in cheap undervalued players. What do you think?

Pay £16m sell for £20m, a 25% return. £4m profit! We already have a successful season in FSG's eyes.

The state of our game is money talks these days. I'm prepared for this to happen.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #68: Feb 11, 2017 01:36:53 am
      Although there is no reliable source, I will say this. Even though he is still our best goal scorer IMO and can have such a good influence on a game, he has played such little football over the last couple of seasons to the extent where it feels like he has virtually left anyway. When he plays it's more like a case of, 'oh Sturridge is about and will be playing this game', almost as if it's a little bonus like. When in actual fact, he hasn't been a regular part of this team for a significant period of time now. We might miss the odd goal from him here and there but if I'm being honest, I don't think we would even notice him gone.

It's a shame because he is a top drawer finisher but he's fallen into the category of what could have been if it wasn't for the injuries.

I think Klopp knows that Sturridge isn't the sort of player you can build an attack round either because you never know when he will be able to play, unfortunately though, over the last couple of seasons we have found ourselves in a position where we feel as if we need to build an attack round him in the hope or maybe even a bit of desperation that he will get over these constant injuries.

Quick Reply