Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)

Read 20897 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,741 posts | 569 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)
      Reply #69: Feb 11, 2017 01:16:54 pm
      He was great for a while but his pace has gone and that was mainly why he was very dangerous
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,005 posts | 521 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)
      Reply #70: Feb 11, 2017 04:29:36 pm
      He was great for a while but his pace has gone and that was mainly why he was very dangerous
      He's got more going for him than just pace. He's a very skillful player and a good finisher. Personally I think we should have used him more this season. I think if he goes somewhere else, he can still score plenty of goals IF he stays fit.

However, yes he has lost his pace, and that is a pretty big thing. Plus there is his fitness, plus Klopp obviously doesn't think he closes down enough. So I'm ok with him going, as long as we get a top drawer replacement.

We should have got a top drawer replacement for him in one of the last 2 summer windows though. I couldn't understand why we seemingly didn't try in the summer. The owners tight fistedness may be partly to blame, but it is up to Jürgen to put his foot down and get us a top class striker on our books.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #71: Feb 11, 2017 10:11:52 pm
      Sturridge is so go in the summer, its a cert now after being left out again today.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #72: Feb 12, 2017 08:16:39 am
      You never sell your best finisher unless you get someone better.

So if he does leave, we need someone truly top class to come in.

For the record, I love Danny. His injuries have fu**ed him but in his time here he's been beyond brilliant. If he were to go, it'd be a massive shame.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #73: Feb 12, 2017 11:31:29 am
      I suppose the key question is...

How much would you agree to sell him for? 20 million? More? Less?

I'm on the fence for now, can't figure it out.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,303 posts | 276 
      Reply #74: Feb 12, 2017 09:15:07 pm
      I don't know with Sturridge if I was the manager he'd be first name on the sheet but he has had chances over the last few months with Klopp and not done much.
      Klopp prefers Firmino for his industry but running doesn't score you goals.
      Daniel gets frustrated when he's not seeing much ball and drops deep and starts with all the step over stuff and usually losses possession which puts us under pressure, I think that's why Klopp isn't keen.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #75: Feb 13, 2017 11:36:36 am
      I'd shake his hand and thank him for that memorable season. Hasn't adapted to Klopp's team unfortunately, so wouldn't have an issue letting him go.

Just not to the bitters or scum.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1520 
      Reply #76: Feb 13, 2017 01:12:04 pm
      Carlton cole being readied to replace him

😱😱😱

Joking aside, it was mentioned on here many moons ago the we were seriously interested in him!

Just about the time I was planing to throw myself under a bus coincidently 😁
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1520 
      Reply #77: Feb 13, 2017 01:22:27 pm
      If you press the defender as a striker, he rushes his pass we gain posesion, and an attack builds, your striker is almost on top of the defender he has pressed.
      Strikers like to play on the shoulder of the defender to spin off him, keep between him and the ball, or alternatively, find as much space as you can to get away from the defender.
      So what do you do, stay close on the shoulder, or find space ?
      You can't press if you're trying to move into spaces.
      Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't !
      Kinda feel sorry for him, but it seems he just doesn't, or perhaps can't, give Klopp what he wants!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #78: Feb 13, 2017 01:28:04 pm
      I suppose the key question is...

How much would you agree to sell him for? 20 million? More? Less?

I'm on the fence for now, can't figure it out.

I'd laugh at any team offering £20m. Some no mark from League One/Championship was sold to Villa for £15m last summer.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #79: Feb 13, 2017 01:35:20 pm
      Jürgen doesn't want him, so its clear he'll be sold. I worry that we won't get his full value, due to teams knowing he's being moved on and playing hard ball with their offers.
      A high earner in the squad that wont be playing, is a no no, so we'll probably get shafted just to get him of the books.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #80: Feb 13, 2017 01:51:21 pm
      I'd laugh at any team offering £20m. Some no mark from League One/Championship was sold to Villa for £15m last summer.

What price would you put on him?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,919 posts | 4984 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #81: Feb 13, 2017 02:40:56 pm
      Looking increasingly likely he's  going, I wouldn't sell him to another EPL club and would insist on offers no less than £25m,

I'd be happy selling him to the fish heads in China,  he'd excel there and make millions to boot,
      A shame that he hasn't shone under Klopp that's just the way things happen sometimes,

As a replacement I see Aubameyang as being ideal, Or how about a wee cheeky bid for Kun Aguero he's not happy having those splinters in his arse cheeks @ Eastlands??

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #82: Feb 13, 2017 03:13:19 pm
      Aubameyang =  excellent choice .
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #83: Feb 13, 2017 03:43:35 pm

£20,000,001 :D

In all honesty, it's a weird situation due to his injury history. We definitely won't get what a player of his talent is worth but £20m gets you F**k all in today's market.

Looking increasingly likely he's  going, I wouldn't sell him to another EPL club and would insist on offers no less than £25m,

I'd be happy selling him to the fish heads in China,  he'd excel there and make millions to boot,
      A shame that he hasn't shone under Klopp that's just the way things happen sometimes,

As a replacement I see Aubameyang as being ideal, Or how about a wee cheeky bid for Kun Aguero he's not happy having those splinters in his arse cheeks @ Eastlands??

YNWA

The problem with Aguero is he looks to be on his way out of Man City for the very same reasons Sturridge doesn't start for us. He'd score a bucket load but there's no way he's pressing from the front or chasing the ball down. He's also massively injury prone.

Aubameyang is of course ideal BUT he's going to have a number of other clubs interested in him that will be more than happy to stump up the transfer fee and the wage demands, I don't see us doing either.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #84: Feb 13, 2017 06:18:16 pm

I learned from the Benteke transfer that teams will still pay top dollar for someone, even if they aren't likely to feature regularly for the selling team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #85: Feb 13, 2017 06:45:19 pm

Inside the Premier League, I bet we have trouble getting 35m.

But outside the league, maybe in France or Italy, I can see us getting 45m for him. He's technically not been out with injury for awhile now, he's just not been getting picked, so a team will take a chance on him and it may pay off. If he's in a league where he's not required to put  in the effort of a midfielder, he could very well score buckets.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #86: Feb 13, 2017 06:54:23 pm
      Inside the Premier League, I bet we have trouble getting 35m.

But outside the league, maybe in France or Italy, I can see us getting 45m for him. He's technically not been out with injury for awhile now, he's just not been getting picked, so a team will take a chance on him and it may pay off. If he's in a league where he's not required to put  in the effort of a midfielder, he could very well score buckets.

Take a chance at £45M? You forgot the . in the middle there
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #87: Feb 13, 2017 07:03:55 pm

YNWA

My sentiments exactly. If he's going I'd make bids for Aubameyang, Lewandowski and Aguero. Any one of those up front and we're laughing...

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #88: Feb 13, 2017 07:09:11 pm
      Take a chance at £45M? You forgot the . in the middle there

Bolasie cost The Bitters nearly 30 million, I would think based on that alone that Sturridge is worth £60 million! I would hate to see him playing for another PL team, but id be looking around £40 million easily.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #89: Feb 13, 2017 07:13:30 pm
      Bolasie cost The Bitters nearly 30 million, I would think based on that alone that Sturridge is worth £60 million! I would hate to see him playing for another PL team, but id be looking around £40 million easily.

£60m with that injury list? Not a chance in hell! He isn't going to feature for us, so realistically be looking at £25-30m...

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #90: Feb 13, 2017 07:30:50 pm

Yep. People seem to forget how good he really is because he hasn't been featuring for Klopp.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,484 posts | 231 
      Reply #91: Feb 13, 2017 07:41:34 pm
      £20,000,001 :D

The problem with Aguero is he looks to be on his way out of Man City for the very same reasons Sturridge doesn't start for us. He'd score a bucket load but there's no way he's pressing from the front or chasing the ball down. He's also massively injury prone.

I disagree, he does press more than Sturridge. Not quite Firmino/Kuyt levels, but still better than Daniel.

Quick Reply