Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)

Read 20920 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)
      Feb 08, 2017 07:06:26 pm
      The lad is trending on Twitter as it seems rumours are breaking that he is to leave in the Summer.

If true it's sad but I've been expecting it as he is clearly not what Klopp wants in a striker.

Thoughts if this is true?

Edit - turns out that it is Talksport who are reporting this, so, as the title says, it's still a rumour. But rumours usually have a starting point.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)
      Reply #1: Feb 08, 2017 07:09:58 pm
      No issue here.

Not in Klopp's plans has lost his pace and a constant fitness worry.

It's what we do with the money from his sale that concerns me.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)
      Reply #2: Feb 08, 2017 07:12:48 pm
      I'd be sorry to see him to go tbh, but the combined effect of his injuries have taken their toll. Been robbed of a decent career IMO, but that's the life of a footballer.

Wherever he goes (or stays), all the best...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3: Feb 08, 2017 07:19:12 pm
      I wonder if this means Origi is in the starting XI Saturday.

I also wonder if it is a total guess of a story.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4: Feb 08, 2017 07:26:09 pm
      TalkSPORT ffs
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #5: Feb 08, 2017 07:28:25 pm
      Talkshite or not, I fully expect Danny top leave in the summer. Jürgen has made it clear he won't be a regular starter (unless something changes tactics wise).
       I'll be sorry to see him go, its crazy that whenever Jürgen doesn't fancy a player, he suddenly becomes sh*t in people's eyes. He's clearly not looking as sharp as he once was, whether he is afraid of getting injured again or he has just lost a bit due to time out, we dont know. Personally I think it might be psychological with him, the fear of injury must be incredible.
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #6: Feb 08, 2017 07:36:12 pm
      Talkshite or not, I fully expect Danny top leave in the summer.

Sums it up.  Didn't need a rumor to validate what we already knew...

I just hope we can get decent value for him and that Jürgen can use that money to sign a striker who fits his tactical vision.  If he could sign a player for us like what Lewandowski or Aubameyang did for him at Dortmund then we'll be in business!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7: Feb 08, 2017 07:39:25 pm
      If he leaves then so be it, but he HAS to be replaced with quality. This is NOT an opportunity for FSG to get another big earner off the books.

We need a proper striker who Klopp trusts.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #8: Feb 08, 2017 07:42:41 pm
      If he leaves then so be it, but he HAS to be replaced with quality. This is NOT an opportunity for FSG to get another big earner off the books.

We need a proper striker who Klopp trusts.

Does Klopp want an out and out striker though? I think it's absolutely essential, but more often than not Klopp plays without one.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #9: Feb 08, 2017 07:46:11 pm
      He will bag 20+ a season for whoever he joins, would make that bet with anybody.

Top striker and in my opinion if he had a run in the team this season instead of 20 minutes here or there / a start every 7 games then we would be further up in the table.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #10: Feb 08, 2017 07:47:20 pm
      Does Klopp want an out and out striker though? I think it's absolutely essential, but more often than not Klopp plays without one.

Nice option to have if Firmino doesn't play. I would like it if he took a gamble with Origi and Ings if Sturridge was sold, but only as strikers.

Even if Sturridge leaves, I still think we're good up top (in terms of 9's), even in a CL season. We just need to find another Mane or 2 for the wide areas, maybe Dug Costa (apparently wants to leave Bayern)? :D
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #11: Feb 08, 2017 07:49:25 pm
      Don't think he'll be the only one. Can see a major clear out this Summer. Forget 4th now, players are playing for their future with LFC.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #12: Feb 08, 2017 07:52:24 pm
      All successful teams have prolific strikers, In all my time supporting Liverpool we've had one, Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez. Jesus the goals these guys scored!
      I would hope we have another on the way.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #13: Feb 08, 2017 07:53:08 pm
      Talkshite!

I will believe it when there is a credible source.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #14: Feb 08, 2017 07:56:30 pm

He's had then throughout his management career. Only since taking charge of us as he gone down this 3 number 10 route, but I think thats him using what he has avaliable.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #15: Feb 08, 2017 07:56:54 pm
      He will bag 20+ a season for whoever he joins, would make that bet with anybody.

Top striker and in my opinion if he had a run in the team this season instead of 20 minutes here or there / a start every 7 games then we would be further up in the table.

Very brave of you considering he has only ever managed that once in his life when he was on fire and playing with the lunatic.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #16: Feb 08, 2017 08:35:07 pm
      Very brave of you considering he has only ever managed that once in his life when he was on fire and playing with the lunatic.

When he was playing regularly and without injury. Be fair.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17: Feb 08, 2017 08:45:39 pm

Lewandowski
      Kopite78
      Reply #18: Feb 08, 2017 08:52:34 pm

Simple

He wants one if he can get the right one,  one he can trust to get on the pitch regularly, or even training more often than not

His record since 13-14 is sh*te, embarrassing really for his 6m a year he's just not been worth it

Sensible really to F**k him off and get someone in we can rely on
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #19: Feb 08, 2017 08:57:09 pm
      I know Aubameyang seems to be flavour of the month and probably rightly so, as he's a cracking player, but if push came to shove, I'd go for Lewandowski. 
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #20: Feb 08, 2017 08:58:57 pm

Fancy a bet then?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #21: Feb 08, 2017 09:00:58 pm

Go on then why not.

Name your wager.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #22: Feb 08, 2017 09:02:47 pm
      I know Aubameyang seems to be flavour of the month and probably rightly so, as he's a cracking player, but if push came to shove, I'd go for Lewandowski.

Problem is, I can't see him going for us.

Quick Reply